Chadwicksracing & Racecleanstupid
DAYTONA~Daytona-International-Speedway-Daytona-Beach-Florida-Posters.jpg

Drafting - Team Work - Clean Racing

:00 :12 :24 :36 :48

This is the Key to your sucess:
drafting.gif

draft.193.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers Chadwicksracing. You might find 8 minutes is cutting it a bit fine if it takes a little while to match up players though. Generally I've been sticking to every 10 minutes and meeting up with other GTP players doing the same. Thats with PAL

NTSC

If you are going to race then I might stay on a bit, I was about to go to sleep

Are you racing NTSC? or do I have to put my PAL disc in?

I am up for it

Come to the chat

I am on PAL, i tried the chat, but my Java is crashing, need to restart the computer says the Java Website (rrrr)

Got the 'Several Java Virtual Machines running causing an error' error message :(

EDIT: Gonna restart, after hours of photoshop is slow . gonna take 5 minutes +/-

WOW, my heart rate exploded when restarting, windows suprised me with a blue screen, but it was checking harddisk orso for 2 minutes and started windows after words. :( gonna try chat now.

Last edited:
read the posts about bump drafting so decided to bite the bullet and try Daytona Oval, come across GTP_DukeofPendle and GTP_Sinsemelia?? i know Duke was cool with me bumping him as i learnt the track, just hoping GTP_Sinsemelia was cool with it and realised i wasnt trying to be dirty

read the posts about bump drafting so decided to bite the bullet and try Daytona Oval, come across GTP_DukeofPendle and GTP_Sinsemelia?? i know Duke was cool with me bumping him as i learnt the track, just hoping GTP_Sinsemelia was cool with it and realised i wasnt trying to be dirty

And a very good job he made of it!
So next race I'm behind Cashwars, so I resolved to return the favour and bump us up to the front.
Except he was so damn fast in that NSX, I couldn't catch up to him:embarrassed:
I've been using the Aston DB9. It's a bit slow accellerating, but it drafts well and carries great corner speed. I'm used to cars flying by on the straights, only for me to cruise past below them in the turns at 170mph+ while they're up near the wall desparately scrubbing speed off.
Anyway, it took me the whole 5 laps to get up to the front, and resulted in a near dead heat between 4 cars - that's 4 abreast over the line including Cashwars and me. Had me cheering and laughing out loud. 👍👍

I had a wacky idea yesterday,it didnt work out to well but it was fun. I saw a tuned vette in the race so i figured if he can get in so can my blitz muhhahhahahahah. I just maxed the power and weight and put it on N3's basically no down force and i ran my old daytona road set up.first race was a blast, I should have took a few pratice laps though. power on oversteer all theway thru all 4 turns it was a blast. not very fast but sure fun. I had to drop to about 150 in the turns so thats what killed it but it did hit almost 200MPH with out a draft sooooo mabye theres some hope.

put on a good show for some dude in a vette.He bumpped me comming out of turn 2 (no big deal i wasnt exsactly holding my line lol) and I spun down the back strech, but I had the tires lit in 4th gear all the way till I stopped lol!

Going to be on the Oval from 30 and every 10 there after, just having fun if anyone's bored and wants something to do

I had a wacky idea yesterday,it didnt work out to well but it was fun. I saw a tuned vette in the race so i figured if he can get in so can my blitz muhhahhahahahah. I just maxed the power and weight and put it on N3's basically no down force and i ran my old daytona road set up.first race was a blast, I should have took a few pratice laps though. power on oversteer all theway thru all 4 turns it was a blast. not very fast but sure fun. I had to drop to about 150 in the turns so thats what killed it but it did hit almost 200MPH with out a draft sooooo mabye theres some hope.

put on a good show for some dude in a vette.He bumpped me comming out of turn 2 (no big deal i wasnt exsactly holding my line lol) and I spun down the back strech, but I had the tires lit in 4th gear all the way till I stopped lol!

You know what to do, take 20% of your power away and put that into tires. You won't do 200 at the end of the straights, but 180 without draft is fast.

Jaguar with S3 tyres, max power and min weight = win :sly:
You have to drop the speed a little more in the corners than everyone else, but it has the straight speed and mid-range acceleration to keep almost all of the competition at bay.
Even if someone catches me and overtakes, drafting means they can never shake me.

Going on PAL Daytona, if any ones interested

Just wanted to add GTP_DukeofPendle is on here as well...fun...fun...lol

Last edited:
Besides myself, Duke_of_Pendle and MR_Unnagi, who else frequents Daytona, just figured if there is a few we could arrange or try to arrange a time we hit the track, cheers

Besides myself, Duke_of_Pendle and MR_Unnagi, who else frequents Daytona, just figured if there is a few we could arrange or try to arrange a time we hit the track, cheers

I do. I try and race it at the usual :00, :10 etc times. Usually late evening (UK)

Last edited:
I frequent Daytona at the moment, Cashwars. I dont really go on at specific times at the moment, athough im usually on late at night (around 23.00+ UK time).
I try to stick to the 10 minute schedule, but I usually hit start again ASAP if I've had a good race with GTP'ers or whoever.

Its my spiritual home! I've raced 99% of my online races at Daytona Oval, I love it! I'll be online most of tonight, so look out for me. 👍

Its my spiritual home! I've raced 99% of my online races at Daytona Oval, I love it! I'll be online most of tonight, so look out for me. 👍

I now seen GTP_JackStanley there, also Manomen, befriended him, not a bad racer, vgh40, good and fair and our own GTP_Ranek

Funny, NEVER driven one lap online @ DO.. :) I've had a few beers so was it right or left, the first corner?

sorry to Manomen, dany 13270 and Barzam, having no mic/camera couldn't join in chat, will get soon though.........and..........see you on track.....watch your mirrors:sly:

Back