Dead enzo

  • Thread starter Thread starter Young_Warrior
  • 96 comments
  • 4,262 views
LSQuicksilver
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/m3/m3_20041103_002.shtml

m3_20041103_002.jpg


Car:
2003 BMW M3

Description:
Female driver tried to change her shoes while she was parked and the engine was running. In the process, she hit the gas and the car ran over the sidewalk, through a fence and almost fell into the river.


Thats not even a M3.

*Edit* too late sorry had the window open for ages before I replied.
 
eliseracer
his thread brings up the fatal accident of Benjamin Miles Keaton's fatal accident this Spring in his Cerrera GT at California Speedway. He collided into a concrete retaining wall at 150 mph. He was a member on another forum that I visit. It's incredible when one day you read someone's posts and then the next he's gone.

This is what his car looked like after the impact.

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0602/4562735_480X360.jpg

That looks like your average less them 100km/h crash! Its amazing that the car stayed together and even more surprising that the driver didn't survive! What did he die from?
 
VIPERGTSR01
Thats not even a M3.

*Edit* too late sorry had the window open for ages before I replied.
I think some of the European M3s have the side grilles removed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
 
Ev0
I think some of the European M3s have the side grilles removed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.


On that pic above its not just missing the M3 grill but also the M3 rear bumper and exhaust.
 
Ev0
I think some of the European M3s have the side grilles removed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
No M3's have rubber bumper strips on the rear. No M3's come without dual exhaust either.
Edit: Doh! That is the 3rd time that has happened today.
 
about the 85 in a 35... i'd imagin it was either a curve or a rather bumpy road.
 
pSI civic
about the 85 in a 35... i'd imagin it was either a curve or a rather bumpy road.
Well I was thinking about a 35 mph onramp when I made my comment--they are very doable at 60-65 mph.

I think the US dearly needs some sort of graduated liscencing system, where you can take more advanced car-control tests (required for high-powered cars, also lowers insurance premiums).
 
on ramps are easy to do at higher speeds then what is posted. but if it was something else he could have lost it rather easy.

the reason we dont have a higher form of license test is that the government doesnt want to put the money into it.
 
It seems to me that the popularity of wreckedexotics.com has more to do with (parts of) society's underlying hatred of the rich then anything else. I really like cars, and I don't have anything against rich people, so the site holds no interest for me.
This is the only 'wreck' they ever had that caught my interest, and they took it down:

What, it's not 'exotic'? It's probably worth more then any 5 BMWs on there.
 
Emohawk
It seems to me that the popularity of wreckedexotics.com has more to do with (parts of) society's underlying hatred of the rich then anything else. I really like cars, and I don't have anything against rich people, so the site holds no interest for me.
This is the only 'wreck' they ever had that caught my interest, and they took it down:

What, it's not 'exotic'? It's probably worth more then any 5 BMWs on there.
:lol: Funny pic there

But technically not "wrecked"

I bet it was just fine once they pulled that outta there.
 
I'd die of a heartattack if I was the driver. :scared:
 
Just curious who's tyre is that? (the closest torn up tyre)

2005112191715_sidoli202.jpg


That is not an Enzo tyre.
 
That may be another car, hence why one of the pictures has a bonnet circled. It doesn't seem to look like an Enzo bonnet and probably wouldn't have survived considering the rest of the damage done.
 
Just find a picture of an Enzo and match up the mirrors.
 
skip0110
I think it is an Enzo tire.

The Enzo uses a Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Scuderia tire.

Looks the same to me.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE050A


I guess, but the Enzo uses a 245/35 ZR19 front tyre and that tyre in the pictures aspect ratio (profile, sidewall) looks larger than 35 and on 245's I expect the sidewalls to be low.

Look at the aspect ratio of this complete Enzo, it looks much lower than the one in that pic
enzofront6mo.jpg
 
I am really bad at judging tire sizes by eye...
 
You lot see what Ian Wright an ex Football (Soccer) did to his 360 modena folks.
 
^^^

ooops-034.jpg



Nope, never seen that before, but it looks nasty.
 
Never mind what "Prince" Naseem Hamed did to his SLR...
 
Drive irresponsibly and this is what happens. 👎

Horrible, but he practicaly asked for it.

Some people seem to think they're invincible driving a really fast car.
 
well, when he gets to where ever hes going in the after life, he'll have one hell of a story to tell about how he died...
 
Wasn't there a footballer who was jailed for hitting a family car head on in a CL600?
 
160mph in a 55? Deserves everything he got. If you can afford an Enzo, you can afford a track day, but he chose not to. Serves him right.
 
Emohawk
This is the only 'wreck' they ever had that caught my interest, and they took it down:

What, it's not 'exotic'? It's probably worth more then any 5 BMWs on there.
This should be in the poppie wheelie thread.
 
Roo
160mph in a 55? Deserves everything he got. If you can afford an Enzo, you can afford a track day, but he chose not to. Serves him right.

The person made a mistake, a big one for driving 160mph in a 55 zone risking his own life aswell as anyone elses around but saying he deserved to die for his mistake is crazy in my opinion.
 
i agree. you have no idea who this person was or what he did if life. AND i'd put money on it that you couldnt resist speeding in an enzo. i sure couldnt.

another thought... he put a wheel off, tried to correct and went in the air... maybe that speed was due to some wheel spin?
 
Taurine
That looks like your average less them 100km/h crash! Its amazing that the car stayed together and even more surprising that the driver didn't survive! What did he die from?

Here's what had hapened. It was a trackday organized by the San Diego Ferrari Club. Somehow Keaton was affiliated with them and was participating at the trackday. Another Ferrari was exiting the pits, as signalled by the marshall. The problem started as the Ferrari took his time getting on the track (I know most track marshalls get pissed if you do this, they try to get you on track as safe and fast as possible to avfoid these kinds of occurances). When he did pull out, the marshall had waived for him to stop, but it was too late. The Ferrari pulled out right in front of the CGT, doing 160+mph with Ben behind the wheel and a friend Corey Nicholas Rudl in the passenger seat. After hitting the wall, the engine compartment caught fire. Neither of the men's lives were ended because of the fire. The passenger's side was obliterated on impact, Rudl died on impact. Ben was airlifted to a local hospital, but died on the way there.

Just gives you a good idea how you can do everything right on a day like that one, and still die. An unfortunate incident and a great loss to many car enthusiast communities worldwide. I had never met him, but a lot of others had, and he was one of the nicest people they had met. He left behind a wife and a baby child. A few days before the incident he had posted a picture of his recently born baby, sitting in the passenger seat of his dad's CGT. The image has been recently removed. Like I said, to me he was just another guy on the forums, but that was enough to put a huge downer on my day. It felt really strange...

This is the avatar many people still use on various forums on the 'net.

avatar.php
 
Toronado
Not to piss anyone off...wait. Yes. Specifically to piss off Young_Warrior and LSQuicksilver. Who in hell gives a damn?! This is a thread about a guy in an Enzo who died in an accident. It sickens me that your using this as a medium to get humor out of that stupid ass website.

LOL this doesnt piss me of at all. I value others opionions and im sorry that you feel this way. But most of these crashes happened due to the stupidity of the driver. Process of natural selection and well its life people do die.

Any one watch the A1GP today that was a nasty crash involving the japanese cars.The circuit could be partially blamed as they should have lined the bare wall with tires. I dont think a F1 car would have held up much better.
 
Back