Dead enzo

  • Thread starter Thread starter Young_Warrior
  • 96 comments
  • 4,262 views
TVR&Ferrari_Fan
naseemcrash030505450x3608pv8or.jpg

That car ain't gonna be "flying" around anymore...
 
eliseracer
He survived, although the video you're thinking of wasn't Mark Webber, I am not sure who it was, but he survived the crash. That was a damaging aerodynamic flaw for the MB CLR team, and these crazy backflips occured three times for them at LeMans. Here's a good writeup (and good LM site) that goes into more detail about the flaws of this, and the Porsche GT1, which had a similar crash at Petit-LeMans.

Webber's morning warm-up incident, Le Mans 1999:


Didnt a porsche flip too and lemans actually fixed that part of the track where the dip was.
 
How can CF be strong yet Tube frames can absorb more energy. In general that makes tube frames stronger. As in stronger that it will protect you.

Strength and the amount of energy a material can absorb are two different things. Which way is better depends on a lot of different factors.
 
Young_Warrior
Didnt a porsche flip too and lemans actually fixed that part of the track where the dip was.

I think the porsche rolled, or maybe that was a bmw. I know I remember reading about one rolling because of a loss in downforce coupled with crosswinds.
 
It backflipped once, overrotated slightly, that was at Road Atlanta at the '98 Petite Le Mans. It was a Porsche GT98.
 
Back