December Car of the Month - McLaren MP4-12C '10 - COME JOIN THE FUN!

Ok Spicoli. Showing our age now. Fast Times at Ridgemont High. "Hey bud. What's your problem?"

Just curious. Did this car have flat floors or is the McLaren naturally like that?

Flat floor is natural on this car, perhaps that is why you can manage to obtain great grip in the corners. And yeah, showing off my age just a tad. Loved that movie way back when, had to "clean up" the quote just a bit though. Glad to see another "old timer" who remembers and knows the movie.👍

First of all, nice shot 👍, but same question as @Motor City Hami, I don't remember you specifying to use a flat floor on your spec sheet , what's up :mad: ?

Second, can you see if our venerable judge is available? 👍👍👍

Third, never saw that film :odd:, from looking at the preview pictures I guess this was a teeny movie, from 1982, so in the 40's (your age :eek:), grey side burns, small pot belly, half moon on the forehead. Amazing how we can make a visual picture of someone just from a movie they've watched :lol:. (No Bonus points for me. :grumpy:)

Now I really feel old, but no side burns, and still thinner than most:). If you ever have a chance, watch the movie.

That was a very influential movie when I finally saw it in high school in 1986. Phoebe Cates... meow.
Saw it when it finally came to cable, '86 sounds about right. That and the Breakfast Club, funny, my High School was not that much fun. More like Wildcats with Goldie Hawn.:lol: Anyway, will you have a chance to throw a quick tune in? Hard this time of year I know.

That was a very influential movie when I finally saw it in high school in 1986. Phoebe Cates... meow.

Saw it when it finally came to cable, '86 sounds about right. That and the Breakfast Club, funny, my High School was not that much fun. More like Wildcats with Goldie Hawn.:lol:
Hmm I was figuring we were in the same general age bracket, guess I'm off by a decade or so.....In 86 I had just entered 1st grade and and I was watching the Land Before time, Voltron and He-Man! :lol: and movies I was getting stuck watching things like the Goonies by my mom :yuck: *yes i know it is a good film but I never liked it*

I haven't seen the movie in the quote yet gonna have to look that one up, and it's a spell since I saw Breakfast club.

@Bowtie-muscle I'm gonna try and get a review tossed in on some of the tunes here, just gotta knock out the seasonals first :cheers:

Anyway, will you have a chance to throw a quick tune in? Hard this time of year I know.

Not sure. I normally get more playing time over the holiday, but have been pretty sick with the flu for the past four days.

Hmm I was figuring we were in the same general age bracket, guess I'm off by a decade or so.....In 86 I had just entered 1st grade and and I was watching the Land Before time,

I haven't seen the movie in the quote yet gonna have to look that one up, and it's a spell since I saw Breakfast club.

Yes, I graduated high school in 1986, but was youngest in my class and a very late bloomer. I spent a year after high school working fast food and factory jobs. I was only 17 years old when I graduated. Then I went to college to chase a girl. Thought I could get her to fall in love with me before I flunked out. Turned out that I was smarter than I thought and that the girl was beautiful, but really shallow. So the girl didn't work out, but got a Bachelor's degree in Advertising and a great career out of it. I still look much younger than those I graduated with, including the girl I chased in college.

Watch Fast Times at Ridgemont High. It holds up today. One of Shawn Penn's first movies. His character, Spicoli, defined ten years of pop culture phrases. Just one of those movies. I rank it among these comedy films:

Animal House
Porky's
Back to School
Ferris Beuler's Day Off (I dated a girl from Chicago who went to that high school. We made out on the front steps.)
Airplane
Ace Ventura
American Pie
Old School
Wedding Crashers
School of Rock
Superbad
Something About Mary
The Hangover
Anchorman
40 Year Old Virgin
The Internship

All of these movies produced catch phrases that lasted for a few years.

Last edited:
Yes, I graduated high school in 1986, but was youngest in my class and a very late bloomer.
Sounds like me, and your college path I followed the one you though you were going to :lol: Lack of determination, never had to work for anything as a kid so when I actually had to work for something I failed at it, took a while but I got it figured out, than I found my wife and have two wonderful kids and get to play with legos and hot wheels, and video games all day now.

I don't remember by freshmen year I slept 80% of it, I went in at 4'9" and left my at 5'10",
out of your movie list I've seen 4 of them have tried to watch 3 more of them and just couldn't get through them.
Always watched slap stick, as a teen.
And I won't complain about my class of '97 ;)
Random movie quotes from some of my favorite movies.

"I didn't say Abe Lincoln I said hey Blinkin"

"Hmm, She's a bass"

"Yeah I had it painted to look bigger on the inside"

"Check this move out, I learned it from Palua Abdual." (sorry for the spelling)

"OK whats going on in this candy coated heart of darkness?"

"We're superhero's what could happen?"

"Tough little ship you have there.
LITTLE!?!"

@shaunm80
McLaren MP4-12C '10 (600PP SS) review

I thought I'd give a go at this one, needed another vehicle to sacrifice to the WALL GOD,
Edmund-Burgess-has-a-lucky-escape-when-he-crashes-his-1924-Bugatti-T13.jpg

but sometimes the victim just doesn't cooperate :grumpy:, just won't get up and go to be beheaded :D or better yet, pulverized 👍.

I think you’ve nailed it for making a car that eats up the pavement, I’d really hate to be the car following behind receiving all those chunks of asphalt in the windshield :nervous:. On all 5 tracks this car was rock steady, Now the only negative thing about it is it lacks speed :rolleyes:, not that much, depending on the track between .200 sec. to .500 sec. , if you could get that, this would be a very good contender ;). Great car to drive if your looking for a smooth drive:tup:👍, if your looking for racing on the edge experience you’ll have to try something else, maybe something more like your GT3 model :sly:. Just an idea out of nowhere but it would be cool if you could take the best of your GT3 model and the best of this one to make a “Best Of”, just an idea.

FgAmGO4.jpg

I was looking for the picture where you were tearing up the asphalt but after more than an hour of searching I gave up and used this one. Is that color red because you are blushing or mad? :lol: Love that frown :( with those beady eyes, by the way whose your friend there?

Last edited:
@sinof1337

McLaren MP4-12C 550PP/(SH) - SS review

Hi there, I guess you knew what you were getting into by posting here. Well ... uh ... (10 minutes later :odd: ).. I’ve got the blank page syndrome :banghead::grumpy:, so first, ..... let me say that this car has .... something :rolleyes:. O.k., you sank me down another position 👎, I don’t know how Bowtie-muscle will tally up the scores but you should be on the list :P, most likely in ...... somewhere on the list :lol:. So how does the car handle ? Hairpin, slow and medium curves are all done very easily, almost to easily. Wheel spin out of curve is very controllable even with a PS3 controller (don’t know how it is with wheel and pedals, I don’t have one :grumpy:). The Front/Rear balance is very good, the feel of grip is almost perfect, so why did you finish last :boggled:? The driver :D? The choice of tracks :banghead:? The weather :ouch:? PD :rolleyes:? Any of those questions would be viable if the first question was right.

kevin.jpg

I just wanted to see your reaction :lol::lol:....you did well 👍. One point you were not up to par was high speed curves and speed, you finished way behind me on one track, why you and @Thorin Cain were like twins on that track :eek:, I hope my exhaust smoke didn’t choke you up all way back there, but don’t let that get you down, overall you did pretty good. Excellent work, but do try less hard next time, we do want to keep this as even as possible.

I've run out of ideas for challenges, so I'm going to ....(looking for the right word), recycle, that's it, recycle one of the previous challenges, as soon as I decide which one I'll give you a call and if you want we'll have a go at it. :cheers: Good to have you onboard.

@TurnLeft why is it when I read these reviews this is theSW are the images that keeps popping into my head
disney_wallpaper___cars_toon-t2.jpg

185px-LightningMaterTheGreater.png

hqdefault.jpg
Thanks 👍👍👍, that was so gooooood :lol:, so good and so true :P. I was just taking a small break between testing and saw the alerts, now I don't think I'll be able to go back and drive :lol:, I think I'll go watch a horror movie to stop me from laughing. I can't even argue, the top picture just cracks me up with truth.:lol:

oops, forgot that one... I think I might have been wrongly quoted, yes that's it, you know like those sports stars when they open their mouths they say one thing but the press turns the meaning around to give the story more zest, yah that sounds pretty much what I think happened. I think the 8 paragraphs of me saying how much you were a wonderful, adaptable, adventurous, affable, affectionate, agreeable, ambitious, amiable, amicable, amusing, brave, bright, broad-minded, calm, careful, charming, communicative, compassionate, conscientious, considerate, convivial, courageous, courteous, creative, decisive, determined, diligent, diplomatic, discreet, dynamic, easygoing, motional, energetic, enthusiasic, exuberant, fair-minded, faithful, fearless, forceful, frank, friendly, funny, generous, gentle, good, gregarious, hard-working, helpful, honest, humorous, imaginative, impartial, independent, intellectual,
intelligent, intuitive, inventive, kind, loving, loyal, modest, neat,nice, optimistic, passionate, patient, persistent,
, pioneering, philosophical, placid, plucky, polite, powerful, practical, pro-active, quick-witted, quiet, rational, reliable
, reserved, resourceful, romantic, self-confident, self-disciplined, sensible, sensitive, shy, sincere, sociable, straightforward, sympathetic, thoughtful, tidy, tough, unassuming, understanding, versatile, warmhearted, willing, witty person you are were somehow ignored.
View attachment 275211 Please forgive me for that omission and have the most beautiful fun filled day my dear sir.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
I see you found your dictionary again :lol: Guess they left that bit out, probably because they thought you were talking about someone else, (The censors know me too well.)Santa perhaps:P

@Otaliema, I spy a couple of quotes from Mel Brooks movies in there, along with Monty Python's films they're up top of my favourite comedies too, the guy was genius... And now I can't get the picture of all those "Manly men" dancing about in tights out of my head, thanks for that!:lol:

@sinof1337

Bowties Games.png

Suicidal Tendencies II - T h e N i g h t m a r e
640x228_1825_Cristina_2d_horror_old_car_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Rules:

1. I choose the track, conditions, and time trial regulations.
2. Tuner and reviewer use the reviewed car for the time trial.
3. Times are posted by each of the drivers, there is a gentleman’s agreement that each person will put down the true time.
4. You must have fun doing this, this is not an option

The Challenge:
1. Track: Eiger Nordwand - Short Track
2. Car tuned as is with Comfort Hard
3. Course Settings: Real
4. No driving aids, none, no abs either.
5. 5 laps, best time wins. Laps invalid don’t count. Good Luck.

Advice: Bring some spare underwear.

TurnLeft's Time To Beat is 1:20.426

Hope it's not too late :) I have been away, spending time at work and family nearing big holiday :) This is an old replica tune for a GT3 spec car, there's also a stock factory replica based on Road & Track + Car & Driver data that haven't been released yet ( including 2 separate set of gear ratios 2011 vs 2012 )

McLaren MP4-12C GT3 Base Model Replica
Tuned to replicate McLaren MP4-12C GT3 Base Model version
Sports Soft to Racing Hard

timthumb.php

CAR : McLaren MP4-12C '10
Tire : Sports Soft to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 494 HP or 500+ PS at 6400 RPM
Torque : 465.0 ft-lb at 3000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 82.3%
Weight: 1240 kg
Ballast : 27 kg
Ballast Position : 36
Weight Distribution : 43 / 57
Performance Points: 565

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - MANDATORY as the real MP4-12C has 9 point roll cage and chassis reinforcements, as well necessary for racing tire fitment.
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Mount Large Standard Type F
Wing Large Type B
Winglets Type A
Height +9 and Width +11
Wheels : Standard Size -- BBS RE-MG or BBS LM-R or BLITZ BRW Profile 08 or ENKEI RC-T4 or ENKEI RP03 TypeRC or ENKEI RS05RR or RAYS TE37SL or RAYS VR.G2 painted in Black ( Matte or Solid )
Car Paint : Papaya Orange or Sunburst Yellow or White or Black ( Matte )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes Kit
Weigh Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Eibach ERS Springs and DSSV Damper ( LOW Camber )
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 55 55
Spring Rate: 14.00 20.00
Dampers (Compression): 7 5
Dampers (Extension): 8 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 4
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( use zero camber all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.08

Suspension - Eibach ERS Springs and DSSV Damper ( MEDIUM Camber )
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 1.0 1.4
Toe Angle: -0.12 0.24

Suspension - Eibach ERS Springs and DSSV Damper ( HIGH Camber )
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 2.2 3.0
Toe Angle: -0.16 0.32

LSD - 1.5 Way
Initial Torque : 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 35
Braking Sensitivity: 15

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Ricardo or Xtrac 6 Speed
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.930
Set Auto Max Speed at 280kmh / 174mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.170
2nd 2.071
3rd 1.647
4th 1.350
5th 1.143
6th 1.000
7th 0.661 ( IGNORE this when driving for authenticity )
Set Final : 3.600 ( adjust according to track, 3.600 final is good for 190mph/300+kmh top speed )

AERO
REAR : 100 ( MAX )

Brake Balance:
4/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 5/4 for ABS 1.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/4 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The McLaren is one of the most fun replica I ever built :)

This base GT3 replica has only 500PS and 1240kg, but it's performance is on par with proper GT3 racing cars on similar power.

I provided 3 different sets of camber this time, feel free to try all of them, and pick the one that gives the best feel on the track. Everything from spring rate, damper and ARB has been tuned to work with all 3 camber sets, toe also tailored to suit on each camber setup.

LSD is 1.5 way this time to make the car easier to push with camber setup.

For gearing, I have no good information on the ratio, some sites mention Ricardo 6 speed, others mention Xtrac 6 Speed, so I decided to use 416 Xtrac ratio, and it worked quite well on the car, giving ample top speed and acceleration. The gear can be used for engine braking effectively for stabilizing the car under heavy braking or just to help the nose pointed on apex in medium and low speed corners. Never fear to shift down on 1st and 2nd to help the car change direction.

I tuned/tested at Silverstone GP, Bathurst and Nordschleife this time. Even with High Camber setup, the MP4-12C GT3 is easily capable of 2:02s lap at Silverstone GP on RH tire. Expect flat 2m or less :eek:

The camber setup has been tested on RH tire only, take your own risk using it on SS tire :D

ENJOY :cheers:

Hope it's not too late :) I have been away, spending time at work and family nearing big holiday :) This is an old replica tune for a GT3 spec car, there's also a stock factory replica based on Road & Track + Car & Driver data that haven't been released yet ( including 2 separate set of gear ratios 2011 vs 2012 )

Sports Soft to Racing Hard

timthumb.php

CAR : McLaren MP4-12C '10
Tire : Sports Soft to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 494 HP or 500+ PS at 6400 RPM
Torque : 465.0 ft-lb at 3000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 82.3%
Weight: 1240 kg
Ballast : 27 kg
Ballast Position : 36
Weight Distribution : 43 / 57
Performance Points: 565

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - MANDATORY as the real MP4-12C has 9 point roll cage and chassis reinforcements, as well necessary for racing tire fitment.
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Mount Large Standard Type F
Wing Large Type B
Winglets Type A
Height +9 and Width +11
Wheels : Standard Size -- BBS RE-MG or BBS LM-R or BLITZ BRW Profile 08 or ENKEI RC-T4 or ENKEI RP03 TypeRC or ENKEI RS05RR or RAYS TE37SL or RAYS VR.G2 painted in Black ( Matte or Solid )
Car Paint : Papaya Orange or Sunburst Yellow or White or Black ( Matte )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes Kit
Weigh Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Eibach ERS Springs and DSSV Damper ( LOW Camber )
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( use zero camber all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.08

Suspension - Eibach ERS Springs and DSSV Damper ( MEDIUM Camber )
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 1.0 1.4
Toe Angle: -0.12 0.24

Suspension - Eibach ERS Springs and DSSV Damper ( HIGH Camber )
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 2.2 3.0
Toe Angle: -0.16 0.32

LSD - 1.5 Way
Initial Torque : 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 35
Braking Sensitivity: 15

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Ricardo or Xtrac 6 Speed
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.930
Set Auto Max Speed at 280kmh / 174mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.170
2nd 2.071
3rd 1.647
4th 1.350
5th 1.143
6th 1.000
7th 0.661 ( IGNORE this when driving for authenticity )
Set Final : 3.600 ( adjust according to track, 3.600 final is good for 190mph/300+kmh top speed )

AERO
REAR : 100 ( MAX )

Brake Balance:
4/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 5/4 for ABS 1.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/4 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The McLaren is one of the most fun replica I ever built :)

This base GT3 replica has only 500PS and 1240kg, but it's performance is on par with proper GT3 racing cars on similar power.

I provided 3 different sets of camber this time, feel free to try all of them, and pick the one that gives the best feel on the track. Everything from spring rate, damper and ARB has been tuned to work with all 3 camber sets, toe also tailored to suit on each camber setup.

LSD is 1.5 way this time to make the car easier to push with camber setup.

For gearing, I have no good information on the ratio, some sites mention Ricardo 6 speed, others mention Xtrac 6 Speed, so I decided to use 416 Xtrac ratio, and it worked quite well on the car, giving ample top speed and acceleration. The gear can be used for engine braking effectively for stabilizing the car under heavy braking or just to help the nose pointed on apex in medium and low speed corners. Never fear to shift down on 1st and 2nd to help the car change direction.

I tuned/tested at Silverstone GP, Bathurst and Nordschleife this time. Even with High Camber setup, the MP4-12C GT3 is easily capable of 2:02s lap at Silverstone GP on RH tire. Expect flat 2m or less :eek:

The camber setup has been tested on RH tire only, take your own risk using it on SS tire :D

ENJOY :cheers:
Man you've had a lot of people worried out there ( me:nervous:), but I'm real happy to see you ;), and so happy your absence was for taking time with your family ;);), and no it's not too late but my batteries are starting to run low :lol:.

@lbpomg95
McLaren MP4-12C '10 576PP/SH review

Hi, take what you want from this review, if I criticize a point always blame it on the car :sly:, that’s what I do 👍, I even manage to blame it on some other tuners which I can’t reveal their names 👍👍, innocent until proven guilty 👎, but that’s another story.

I’ve taken it on 5 different tracks, your lap times and track names will be revealed at some point this month, this is out of my jurisdiction :bowdown:. The car has good rotation but out of curve acceleration often causes the car to plunge to the inside and you lose valuable time correcting this. At speeds over 300 kmh it becomes a bit unstable, not dramatic but you have to be careful. On the 3rd track, well don’t go there with it unless you like the off road experience :embarrassed:. I may be totally wrong but I get the feeling that you may have cut corners on this, or it could be my driving style is not compatible with this, that happens a lot to me :ouch:. Now that we’ve gotten rid of the ‘personal dislike’ let’s finish with the ‘personal likes’ . Most cars I’ve been driving on this thread were with SS or higher grade so with SH I may have been asking for to much, usually around the 4th lap and up either it’s because the tires have warmed up or that I get the hang of it most of the problems are attenuated. On the last track I really got into it, I did 5 extra laps without noticing that that my time was up. So in general I think it is good but as a distinguished and well respected member said in his opening post of his garage “
All tunes should be considered a “Work in Progress” and may be updated or changed.

Oh yeah here is what they gave me for the trade in after I used your car on these tests, I did bang it up just a bit, they thought it would be safer for me with this.
tricycle.jpg
:cheers:
Will post a challenge for you shortly.

@lbpomg95

Bowties Games.png

By the way by reading this post you have been contaminated by a virus, the H9SN4, very dangerous, will cause
fever, running nose, sinus congestion and
dia......
220px-Toiletpapier_(Gobran111).jpg
:grumpy::embarrassed:

Rules:
1. I choose the track, conditions, and time trial regulations.
2. Tuner and reviewer use the reviewed car for the time trial.
3. Times are posted by each of the drivers, there is a gentleman’s agreement that each person will put down the true time.
4. You must have fun doing this, this is not an option

Flue Fever .........................For Ever
flu-season-cartoon-flu-cartoon-598x740.png

Challenge
1. Track: Silverstone The Stowe Circuit(Weather Variable)
2. Car tuned as is with Sports Sports Soft.
3. Course Settings: Weather at Race Start = 100%,
4. Surface at Race Start = 100%,
5. Grip reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge = Real
6. No driving aids what so ever, nothing, nada, no abs, SRF,TC, Active Steering, ControlSensitivity, you get the picture.
7. 5 laps, best time wins. Laps invalid don’t count. Good Luck.

Advice: The car is equipped with interior window wipers, use them, you might see better.

TurnLeft's Time To Beat is 1:16.205

Nah! It was in the first 15 minutes, surely my time is way down now although the car handled the track fairly well as tuned. Not even a sniff there with it before, driver held it back, I am average or just slightly above at best at driving with a DS3.

****Look Mom! no aides****:lol::lol::lol:
Except for ABS 1 :banghead::banghead::banghead:
GOLD Bowtie! Love that. Here in Sydney I often jump on at 3.00pm local time and have finished top 3, once even in 1st! (I am a pretty ordinary driver) Then I sit back and watch my placings drop quicker than the Aussie dollar! :lol::lol:👍

GOLD Bowtie! Love that. Here in Sydney I often jump on at 3.00pm local time and have finished top 3, once even in 1st! (I am a pretty ordinary driver) Then I sit back and watch my placings drop quicker than the Aussie dollar! :lol::lol:👍
Dropped like a lead weight within the first 24 hours, improved my time but it was still only top 1500 after 48 hours.:embarrassed:

@Ridox2JZGTE review
Tuned to replicate McLaren MP4-12C GT3 Base Model version Racing Hard

punish.png

Yes you can.:D

This is going to be my last review for this month 👍, just have no time left.:grumpy:

Track 1: On the final lap I finally did a descent lap, had trouble acceleration out of medium curves, I couldn’t find the right speed/angle and more than once I went off track. It was a little sensitive to bumps but less than I had anticipated with your low ride height and extreme high spring rates :scared:. On the first lap I had left the abs at zero and thought I was at abs1 :embarrassed:, couldn’t understand what was going on. Handles quite well but I’m fearing some of the tracks I’ll be using it on later, hopefully I’ll be surprised.

Track 2: When going over 300 kmh you have to fight with the front end to keep it on track, every little nudge in the road wants to help you find a new driving line :eek:, but it would be ill advised to listen to them. Sure could have used a decent front aero kit.

Track 3: I was anticipating the Armageddon here, but it didn’t happen, aren’t you happy? 👍 It was pretty smooth but out of sharp curve acceleration was tricky, a little too much gas and hello wall :guilty:.

Track 4: Have you ever heard of rumble strips :drool:? You know those red/white bars on the side of curves, well for this car we could change the name to ‘launch pads 👍’ or ‘havoc makers’ 👍👍, cutting across them here is definitely not the best option, apart from that it was pretty stable on this track.

Track 5: No real issues here, too bad. Good rotation, easy acceleration out of curves. This track has been hard on some tunes and to permissive for others, hum, maybe the time of day/night that I use it on changes the grip.

Good work my friend, I know you'll have a lot of catching up to do post wise, there must be like 2000 alerts in your box, so when you get the time, it would be fun if you could do the Challenge that I will post probably Sunday or Monday, or ....... Good to have you back.:cheers:

PS to all participants, I will send your lap times to @Bowtie-muscle soon, like maybe tonight, or maybe tomorrow, or maybe ..... before the 25th. Oops gotta go warm up that car, just love those heated seats.

@Ridox2JZGTE review
Racing Hard

View attachment 276651

Yes you can.:D

This is going to be my last review for this month 👍, just have no time left.:grumpy:

Track 1: On the final lap I finally did a descent lap, had trouble acceleration out of medium curves, I couldn’t find the right speed/angle and more than once I went off track. It was a little sensitive to bumps but less than I had anticipated with your low ride height and extreme high spring rates :scared:. On the first lap I had left the abs at zero and thought I was at abs1 :embarrassed:, couldn’t understand what was going on. Handles quite well but I’m fearing some of the tracks I’ll be using it on later, hopefully I’ll be surprised.

Track 2: When going over 300 kmh you have to fight with the front end to keep it on track, every little nudge in the road wants to help you find a new driving line :eek:, but it would be ill advised to listen to them. Sure could have used a decent front aero kit.

Track 3: I was anticipating the Armageddon here, but it didn’t happen, aren’t you happy? 👍 It was pretty smooth but out of sharp curve acceleration was tricky, a little too much gas and hello wall :guilty:.

Track 4: Have you ever heard of rumble strips :drool:? You know those red/white bars on the side of curves, well for this car we could change the name to ‘launch pads 👍’ or ‘havoc makers’ 👍👍, cutting across them here is definitely not the best option, apart from that it was pretty stable on this track.

Track 5: No real issues here, too bad. Good rotation, easy acceleration out of curves. This track has been hard on some tunes and to permissive for others, hum, maybe the time of day/night that I use it on changes the grip.

Good work my friend, I know you'll have a lot of catching up to do post wise, there must be like 2000 alerts in your box, so when you get the time, it would be fun if you could do the Challenge that I will post probably Sunday or Monday, or ....... Good to have you back.:cheers:

PS to all participants, I will send your lap times to @Bowtie-muscle soon, like maybe tonight, or maybe tomorrow, or maybe ..... before the 25th. Oops gotta go warm up that car, just love those heated seats.

Thanks for the review :) Just wondering though, what camber setup did you use ? The Mclaren MP4 has pretty good chassis handling + grip, comparable to the Gallardo :) At Red Bull Ring, a Gallardo SL replica on CS tire ( 530PS + BM test weight ), with 540PPP and high camber setup + yellow chassis ( worn out ) can do 1:39s, put SH tire and it will do 1:37s or less :D I think a stock Mclaren MP4 replica should be able to put a decent lap against it.

BTW, what are the tracks used for testing ?

Thanks for the review :) Just wondering though, what camber setup did you use ? The Mclaren MP4 has pretty good chassis handling + grip, comparable to the Gallardo :) At Red Bull Ring, a Gallardo SL replica on CS tire ( 530PS + BM test weight ), with 540PPP and high camber setup + yellow chassis ( worn out ) can do 1:39s, put SH tire and it will do 1:37s or less :D I think a stock Mclaren MP4 replica should be able to put a decent lap against it.

BTW, what are the tracks used for testing ?
I used the one with the least camber :boggled:(at work right now so can not really check my car), as for the tracks, um, I guess you have not read the first few posts I did, so here it is ..... they will be reveiled by Bowyie-muscle (sorry can not copy links with this computer) with your lap times at the moment he is ready, though he can not be ready yet because he does not have the data since it is in my computer at home, and I am here, somewhere in the northern hemisphere.:lol: BTW it is a beautiful nice sunny day here, and quite warm at -15 celcius, this planet is warming up too fast for me.:eek:

@Ridox2JZGTE

Bowties Games.png

I ran out off ideas for the challenges and I was wondering which old one I would recycle for you and than, yes it really happened 💡 , I had stroke of genius :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:, an idea so good I almost missed a red light :eek: while it electrolyzed my few remaining brain cells :odd:. Good luck dude :D, your going to need it :sly:.

Screw Da Rules.png

Only two things required, Car = Mclaren MP4-12C '10 and Track = Nurburgring GP/D
That's it, all else is legal, yes that's it, cool right. I will post my results as soon as I figure out something.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Help Needed
: if anybody knows how to upload a replay video like the one @sinof1337 put up a few posts ahead, it would be real appreciated if you could tell me how. Thanks.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Well so much for the video replay, thanks for the info @sinof1337, so concerning this challenge,
Picture 2.png

here are my 5 lap times
Lap1: 1:14.659 👍
Lao2: 1:14.881
Lap3: 1:35.236
Lap4: 1:17.689
Lap5: 1:19.697

I know I could do one second faster but I'll stay with this, not bad though, but will it be enough to beat you? Or will you be getting under my skin :ouch:.
:cheers:

Back