December Car of the Month - McLaren MP4-12C '10 - COME JOIN THE FUN!

@Ridox2JZGTE
Well so much for the video replay, thanks for the info @sinof1337, so concerning this challenge,
View attachment 277518
here are my 5 lap times
Lap1: 1:14.659 👍
Lao2: 1:14.881
Lap3: 1:35.236
Lap4: 1:17.689
Lap5: 1:19.697

I know I could do one second faster but I'll stay with this, not bad though, but will it be enough to beat you? Or will you be getting under my skin :ouch:.
:cheers:

Only managed 1:27s on 1st lap ( very close to ADAC GT GT3 cars - Mp4, LMS, Z4 etc best lap times there ) :) using high camber and replica setup on RH tire. Your time is insanely quick :eek: :lol: Really like the way the car handle on high camber setup, tremendous grip if going by what real life racing tires could do in corners.

Only managed 1:27s on 1st lap ( very close to ADAC GT GT3 cars - Mp4, LMS, Z4 etc best lap times there ) :) using high camber and replica setup on RH tire. Your time is insanely quick :eek: :lol: Really like the way the car handle on high camber setup, tremendous grip if going by what real life racing tires could do in corners.
Well I was hoping that you may have overlooked the rules a bit :P, my car was set as follows, left your suspension as is but put the camber at zero, put RS tires 👍, powered up to 973 HP 👍, 1105 Kg 👍, 44:56 weight distribution 👍, PP =658, I should have done an oil change and used the nitro but I completely forgot 👎👎👎, and for good measure I used SRF, ABS1, and the secret ingredient, I used a shortcut :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:. The rules were :

"Only two things required, Car = Mclaren MP4-12C '10 and Track = Nurburgring GP/D
That's it,
all else is legal, yes that's it, cool right." Really glad you got back just in time for this, I guess I won't be able to pull this one on somebody else again, unless of course we get a Newbie, hmmm, would I dare? :lol::lol::lol:

Well I was hoping that you may have overlooked the rules a bit :P, my car was set as follows, left your suspension as is but put the camber at zero, put RS tires 👍, powered up to 973 HP 👍, 1105 Kg 👍, 44:56 weight distribution 👍, PP =658, I should have done an oil change and used the nitro but I completely forgot 👎👎👎, and for good measure I used SRF, ABS1, and the secret ingredient, I used a shortcut :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:. The rules were :

"Only two things required, Car = Mclaren MP4-12C '10 and Track = Nurburgring GP/D
That's it,
all else is legal, yes that's it, cool right." Really glad you got back just in time for this, I guess I won't be able to pull this one on somebody else again, unless of course we get a Newbie, hmmm, would I dare? :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: I didn't really pay attention to the rules :lol: I'm playin GT6 on a mate's house, visiting for a few days, got a crappy 10+ years old CRT 20" TV hooked to my PS3, yes I brought the PS3 with me :D The frame rate stutters on this tv :lol: looks like 30fps when driving and 15fps on replay, and the input lags, still can drive though, but for a few minutes at a time, my eyes hurt :lol:

Ha ha, love this thread! Just what the doctor ordered for a washed up old stand up comic in Sysney with insomnia. Wrong movie Otaliema - but big bonus points for mentioning FB's Day Off! Now: face the camera, lick your palms and take the day off work!!:)👍:gtpflag:
Yeah the fact that most of these movies came out when I was grade school or less and I was able to get seveal right is impressive I think.
Day off what's that? I have a two and four year olds running around this house :lol:
Oh, you boys! When I was your age, the movie was just called 'Raiders' - they hadn't lost the ark yet!:cheers:
Yeah it was just missing for them, it wasn't lost quite yet. :lol:
Still it was a tourist trap for my father in law no one was trying to raid it yet ;)

@shaunm80
View attachment 269996

Well hello again, welcome to the 'Bowtie Games' previously know as the critic's challenge. There is no obligation of your part to participate to this but if you don't you'll be missing out on a unique experience.

Rules:

1. I choose the track, conditions, and time trial regulations.
2. Tuner and reviewer use the reviewed car for the time trial.
3. Times are posted by each of the drivers, there is a gentleman’s agreement that each person will put down the true time.
4. You must have fun doing this, this is not an option

View attachment 269997

1. Track: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
2. Car tuned: Well look at the picture, notice the tires, notice the suspension, notice the engine went out to refuel, so these are the settings: Using your 550PP/SS model

TIRES: Comfort Hard (couldn't find any granite tires so I settled for these.)

SUSPENSION
Ride Height F/R =85
Spring Rate: F=15.50 , R=22.99 (it does look stiff on the picture)
Dampers Compression & Extension: everything at 10
Anti Roll Bars: F/R=7 ( those rock solid wheels act as ARB's, can't get any stiffer than that.)
Camber & Toe Angle: F/R= 0 ( just don't see any here)

4. Grip reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge = Real
5. All the rest stays as is
6. No driving aids what so ever, nothing, nada, no abs, SRF,TC, Active Steering, ControlSensitivity, you get the picture. (just didn't exist on this model)

7. 5 laps, best time wins. Laps invalid don’t count. Good Luck.

Advice: When you get to the top of the hill, jump out, it's the safest way.

TurnLeft's Time To Beat is 1:48.025
Okay. Firstly, I have all my excuses lined up nicely for this one... I have been playing a lot of The Crew and Drive Club lately on the PS4 and I have become accustomed to arcade style handling which is the opposite of the car which you gave me to drive in... secondly. What did you do to my lovely 550PP SH car?? Id say it had become a drift car but even then, its not strictly true.

All that said, I gave this challenge a go. did 5 laps with this hideous setup and realised something. you should audition for Disney on Ice if you can get a 1.48 with this particular setup. I mean really, you'd be amazing in real if you can drive a car this bad so well!

My best time is 1.58.403 and I did have to jump out at the top of the hill on two occasions. It got a little hair raising and I think I need a new front and rear bumper on my car... Still. 2 of the 5 laps were clean which was really impressive giving this challenge..

Can't wait to see what you throw at us for the next CoTM. :)

Oh btw... are you really an alien who just came to this planet to teach us all how to drive on GT6? I have started to wonder these things. :)

Edit: When I put my original settings back on the car, I re-ran this test and popped in a 1.33.4xx on the second timed lap. I like driving my McLaren car again now it has been returned from Fred Flintstone.

Last edited:
Mazda-MP4.jpg

Ok, where to start....Oh, wait, 💡 I'll nip back a few pages and check,...Oh, yeah!
So, @TurnLeft. I was wandering around, minding my own business and all of a sudden. THUMP!:confused::mad:What the....!?
It seems as though I stumbled into an Invisible car. :boggled: (I did say it was going to happen.;)) So I get inside. And. Well......(Now being continued!:D) find the glovebox infront of me. What is wrong with this car? There's no wheel! Oh, stupid me, assuming a British car would have right-hand drive, what was I thinking:irked:

Once I got that small hiccup straightened out I find the keys sitting there I thought, why not. Sorry, I had a few little bumps mind you. Invisible paint is all good on track, on your own. But on the way to the track it seems that no-one want's to let you out at junctions, you get cut-up a lot on the motorway and the gate doesn't open when you get there....go figure! :lol:

Anyway, I tried your Crank_U1 Rocket clone first. And found it to be a pretty nice drive. The braking was good and the car was nicely poised on entry, I did struggle a little mid-corner if I didn't display the right amount of throttle control. However I would say it didn't matter because of the traction on exit:tup: The thing just flies out of the corners. Get your timing right with this car and you should be rewarded. I haven't tried the DNA Donor but as you changed most of it I wasn't going to be able to really compare them too well. But judging this as a tune in it's own right, I like it, there may be some use for it somewhere down the line. 👍:)

Right! Time for the fun bit:mischievous:

After hitting the magic button and switching to set B something weird happened. I found myself at SSR5 and I was carving up some of the corners right from the off. The car felt very familiar indeed, It was not until I made it to the little left-right before the plunge down towards the hairpin, that bad things started to happen. I didn't like this too much at all, there was quite a bit more understeer than I thought there would be. But there are good reasons for that. Firstly, the small change in physics that happened in the update (1.09) after the RX-8 was published. And secondly, The rather large difference in Power:Weight ratio. So these facts ruined my FACE/OFF idea:grumpy: So just the usual testing, with a bonus thrown in.(Patience!;))

Having taken the performance difference between the two into account I headed to a few testing venues of my own. First off Red Bull Ring for a run at the Seasonal event. The car actually felt pretty good there. The transmission was good for the track but I had issues with trying to maintain drive through some of the slower corners. (A problem I was trying to overcome with the experimental transmission for my car BTW.;)) Other than that it pulled nicely through the gears and accelerated well all the way to the tracks top speed. Handling was a bit of a different story unfortunately. I already touched on the understeer. It was really frustrating as I know how it should have went (And I'm glad you brought it up in my garage:tup:) But the entry is good, I felt the braking and turn in were pretty close to how I would want it but as soon as the car levelled back out it, I felt the front just didn't want to keep turning and waiting to get back on the power seemed to take an age. Once I did though, the exit was really good, very stable and good drive out the corner. End result, (You can take another bow if you want now.:bowdown:) I just couldn't break in to the 1:36's, so you got more out of it there than I did. 👍
I did try the Rocket clone too while I was there, quite strange, I ran mid 1:36s in that one.

I also tested the car at Grand Valley Speedway, Suzuka 2014 update, Trial Mountain and SSR5. Obviously I had to alter the Final Gear for these tracks. Just a little for TM which kept the car feeling pretty much the same. I really liked the car round here. the mid-speed corners were dealt with easily and it even flies nicely too:D

At the rest of the tracks, not so much. I had to adjust the final gear too much and this changed the characteristics of the car a bit. The low speed corner understeer has now spread to the mid-speed corners too. It's a good safe car which can be driven quickly, but I wouldn't consider it a contender for the 550pp crown.

Sorry :guilty: But remember...You can still claim 96% of it's my fault :lol: Well, PD share a bit of the responsibility but I've not updated it yet, so my bad. (My lawyer held something back:P) However, can I please just explain to the rest of the gentlemen and ladies who might read this...The 4% change was part of the problem too....Honest:crazy:
So as far as the review of the car goes that's us done.

But we should really talk cloning! I have done quite a lot of laps with this car and I have done the same amount of laps with the chosen DNA Donor for this experiment. The only thing I can say is. WOW.
I don't think personally, I would have chosen this as a base for the McLaren if my aim was to tune the McLaren. However, as a demonstration of what your emulator programme can do. I'm quite impressed:tup: The two cars are just so different in almost every way and I really can feel the same things in both cars. The character is there. Your hard work and long hours of research have been well spent. :) In my opinion at least.

Watch out guys, one day you might just find yourself driving one of your own cars in one of these threads and you won't know it....or will you?

So that's the review...finally. Hope you found it to be a little helpful. Or at least more than a few minutes of your life that you'll never get back

What was that? Oh, yes, almost forgot about the bonus. I did put the revised spring rates you sent to some good use. Let's just say there are quite a few unhappy souls out there in the GT on-line lobbies that don't like your car very much.
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg

I'm not one of them (Yup, that's an NSX-R Prototype and an NSX Type-R '02 falling all over each other back there, trying to keep up. And they had SRF:embarrassed:n :D) Turns out from SS-RS tyres 550pp-600pp it's pretty handy indeed.👍

Right, that's me done now. Really...it is:cheers:

Okay. Firstly, I have all my excuses lined up nicely for this one... I have been playing a lot of The Crew and Drive Club lately on the PS4 and I have become accustomed to arcade style handling which is the opposite of the car which you gave me to drive in... secondly. What did you do to my lovely 550PP SH car?? Id say it had become a drift car but even then, its not strictly true.

All that said, I gave this challenge a go. did 5 laps with this hideous setup and realised something. you should audition for Disney on Ice if you can get a 1.48 with this particular setup. I mean really, you'd be amazing in real if you can drive a car this bad so well!

My best time is 1.58.403 and I did have to jump out at the top of the hill on two occasions. It got a little hair raising and I think I need a new front and rear bumper on my car... Still. 2 of the 5 laps were clean which was really impressive giving this challenge..

Can't wait to see what you throw at us for the next CoTM. :)

Oh btw... are you really an alien who just came to this planet to teach us all how to drive on GT6? I have started to wonder these things. :)

Edit: When I put my original settings back on the car, I re-ran this test and popped in a 1.33.4xx on the second timed lap. I like driving my McLaren car again now it has been returned from Fred Flintstone.
1. Ok, all excuses are really good but you now raise some questions. I just went to look at the info on those two games, looks cool :eek:, so how are they? (Lucky you :grumpy:, you have a PS4)

2. I was just trying to recreate the image to the best of my abilities, as for auditioning for disney on ice, uh no thanks, I'm more of a hockey type skater, played 12 years for what now seems now like so long ago, and I was more of a player like "Brandon Prust" the guy with the red jersey in the video,
my mom didn't want to see me play because she said I was uh, not politically correct on the ice.

As for being an alien, touchy subject :embarrassed:, my friends do think that I must be an alien :D, it's more for my way of seeing things than for my driving though :banghead:, I just can't get it with this primitive way of transportation, fun yes :lol:, but I'm more used to this system: our vehicles work like this, the "engine" is a round sphere connected by 12 rods to the frame, the engine is placed in the center of the vehicle, there is a strong magnetic force field inside the sphere, and in the center is another sphere made of a metal we call "Nureekalidium"which is held in the middle by the magnetic field, ( you will discover this metal when you humans will put more research in how magnetic fields really work), when the center metallic sphere moves in one direction the vehicle follows that same path, it is controlled by our minds, that's what you humans have to work on, every thought has a current (volts/amperage), magnetic force, and is linked to everything else in the universe, hey were getting off subject here so let's get back to it. I think that yes I AM AN ALIEN driver, but I know that most of those in front of me in the TT standings are not, so the question is, WHO ARE THEY?

You know, you should do the reviews, you would be great man, really. 👍👍👍

1. Ok, all excuses are really good but you now raise some questions. I just went to look at the info on those two games, looks cool :eek:, so how are they? (Lucky you :grumpy:, you have a PS4)

2. I was just trying to recreate the image to the best of my abilities, as for auditioning for disney on ice, uh no thanks, I'm more of a hockey type skater, played 12 years for what now seems now like so long ago, and I was more of a player like "Brandon Prust" the guy with the red jersey in the video,
my mom didn't want to see me play because she said I was uh, not politically correct on the ice.

As for being an alien, touchy subject :embarrassed:, my friends do think that I must be an alien :D, it's more for my way of seeing things than for my driving though :banghead:, I just can't get it with this primitive way of transportation, fun yes :lol:, but I'm more used to this system: our vehicles work like this, the "engine" is a round sphere connected by 12 rods to the frame, the engine is placed in the center of the vehicle, there is a strong magnetic force field inside the sphere, and in the center is another sphere made of a metal we call "Nureekalidium"which is held in the middle by the magnetic field, ( you will discover this metal when you humans will put more research in how magnetic fields really work), when the center metallic sphere moves in one direction the vehicle follows that same path, it is controlled by our minds, that's what you humans have to work on, every thought has a current (volts/amperage), magnetic force, and is linked to everything else in the universe, hey were getting off subject here so let's get back to it. I think that yes I AM AN ALIEN driver, but I know that most of those in front of me in the TT standings are not, so the question is, WHO ARE THEY?

You know, you should do the reviews, you would be great man, really. 👍👍👍

The crew is like a cross between need for speed and a massive open world platform where you can drive pretty much anywhere. on road, off road.. it doesn't matter as long as you have the right vehicle to drive in. Both the Crew and DC have amazing graphics. DC is sort of GT6 in the way that they give you tours to do and you get points based on drifts, cornering speed and so forth.. A driver orientated game but the handling is very arcade and you can't tune a car up so you all have the same car handling. Still. I enjoy both of the games. I have 6 games in total on the PS4 but still only played the driving games. I should diversify a little but not enough time to learn new games right now.

I do try and review these threads, I did a couple of cars for the Maserati CoTM thread but this month has been a little hectic with uni and that. I will probably do a review in the next set of CoTM thread depending on car chosen and the time I have to spare.

Your choice of vehicle certainly sounds fun. A vehicle you can drive by thought... hmm. I think Stargate Atlantis stole your idea on that one as the puddle jumpers they have in that show were controlled by thought.. do you have a good Intellectual Property lawyer because I think you stand a good chance of winning. :)

View attachment 278000

Ok, where to start....Oh, wait, 💡 I'll nip back a few pages and check,...Oh, yeah!
So, @TurnLeft. I was wandering around, minding my own business and all of a sudden. THUMP!:confused::mad:What the....!?
It seems as though I stumbled into an Invisible car. :boggled: (I did say it was going to happen.;)) So I get inside. And. Well......(Now being continued!:D) find the glovebox infront of me. What is wrong with this car? There's no wheel! Oh, stupid me, assuming a British car would have right-hand drive, what was I thinking:irked:

Once I got that small hiccup straightened out I find the keys sitting there I thought, why not. Sorry, I had a few little bumps mind you. Invisible paint is all good on track, on your own. But on the way to the track it seems that no-one want's to let you out at junctions, you get cut-up a lot on the motorway and the gate doesn't open when you get there....go figure! :lol:

Anyway, I tried your Crank_U1 Rocket clone first. And found it to be a pretty nice drive. The braking was good and the car was nicely poised on entry, I did struggle a little mid-corner if I didn't display the right amount of throttle control. However I would say it didn't matter because of the traction on exit:tup: The thing just flies out of the corners. Get your timing right with this car and you should be rewarded. I haven't tried the DNA Donor but as you changed most of it I wasn't going to be able to really compare them too well. But judging this as a tune in it's own right, I like it, there may be some use for it somewhere down the line. 👍:)

Right! Time for the fun bit:mischievous:

After hitting the magic button and switching to set B something weird happened. I found myself at SSR5 and I was carving up some of the corners right from the off. The car felt very familiar indeed, It was not until I made it to the little left-right before the plunge down towards the hairpin, that bad things started to happen. I didn't like this too much at all, there was quite a bit more understeer than I thought there would be. But there are good reasons for that. Firstly, the small change in physics that happened in the update (1.09) after the RX-8 was published. And secondly, The rather large difference in Power:Weight ratio. So these facts ruined my FACE/OFF idea:grumpy: So just the usual testing, with a bonus thrown in.(Patience!;))

Having taken the performance difference between the two into account I headed to a few testing venues of my own. First off Red Bull Ring for a run at the Seasonal event. The car actually felt pretty good there. The transmission was good for the track but I had issues with trying to maintain drive through some of the slower corners. (A problem I was trying to overcome with the experimental transmission for my car BTW.;)) Other than that it pulled nicely through the gears and accelerated well all the way to the tracks top speed. Handling was a bit of a different story unfortunately. I already touched on the understeer. It was really frustrating as I know how it should have went (And I'm glad you brought it up in my garage:tup:) But the entry is good, I felt the braking and turn in were pretty close to how I would want it but as soon as the car levelled back out it, I felt the front just didn't want to keep turning and waiting to get back on the power seemed to take an age. Once I did though, the exit was really good, very stable and good drive out the corner. End result, (You can take another bow if you want now.:bowdown:) I just couldn't break in to the 1:36's, so you got more out of it there than I did. 👍
I did try the Rocket clone too while I was there, quite strange, I ran mid 1:36s in that one.

I also tested the car at Grand Valley Speedway, Suzuka 2014 update, Trial Mountain and SSR5. Obviously I had to alter the Final Gear for these tracks. Just a little for TM which kept the car feeling pretty much the same. I really liked the car round here. the mid-speed corners were dealt with easily and it even flies nicely too:D

At the rest of the tracks, not so much. I had to adjust the final gear too much and this changed the characteristics of the car a bit. The low speed corner understeer has now spread to the mid-speed corners too. It's a good safe car which can be driven quickly, but I wouldn't consider it a contender for the 550pp crown.

Sorry :guilty: But remember...You can still claim 96% of it's my fault :lol: Well, PD share a bit of the responsibility but I've not updated it yet, so my bad. (My lawyer held something back:P) However, can I please just explain to the rest of the gentlemen and ladies who might read this...The 4% change was part of the problem too....Honest:crazy:
So as far as the review of the car goes that's us done.

But we should really talk cloning! I have done quite a lot of laps with this car and I have done the same amount of laps with the chosen DNA Donor for this experiment. The only thing I can say is. WOW.
I don't think personally, I would have chosen this as a base for the McLaren if my aim was to tune the McLaren. However, as a demonstration of what your emulator programme can do. I'm quite impressed:tup: The two cars are just so different in almost every way and I really can feel the same things in both cars. The character is there. Your hard work and long hours of research have been well spent. :) In my opinion at least.

Watch out guys, one day you might just find yourself driving one of your own cars in one of these threads and you won't know it....or will you?

So that's the review...finally. Hope you found it to be a little helpful. Or at least more than a few minutes of your life that you'll never get back

What was that? Oh, yes, almost forgot about the bonus. I did put the revised spring rates you sent to some good use. Let's just say there are quite a few unhappy souls out there in the GT on-line lobbies that don't like your car very much. View attachment 278007
I'm not one of them (Yup, that's an NSX-R Prototype and an NSX Type-R '02 falling all over each other back there, trying to keep up. And they had SRF:embarrassed:n :D) Turns out from SS-RS tyres 550pp-600pp it's pretty handy indeed.👍

Right, that's me done now. Really...it is:cheers:
I have to stop reading things like this when I get up at 5:30 in the morning :banghead:, does put more than a smile on you, but it does hamper the concentration :lol:. Oh I almost forgot, my lawyer talked to your lawyer and they seem to be agreeing on some sort of arrangement that could be made, something about a joint venture something which would null out the counter lawsuits I made to counter your counter lawsuits, I think I'll just count the days until Christmas.;)

About the clones :D( hopefully you haven't read the previous post :nervous:), On the online TT I found the RX7 clone much better and easier to handle, and the Rocket a bit of a sail boat, you being the better driver :odd: I will give your opinions a tiny consideration :dopey:. In game the RX7 was to slow 👎👎👎, nice grip but moved like a row boat 👍, while the rocket was fast, and if I could have had a better controlling device it would have moved up close or better than the best. But life is life ( na na, na na na ). I do agree that the cloning is far from perfect though :banghead:, right now it seems that when I try to clone a Carrot I'm getting Corn Flakes, but at least I'm getting something, which is better than nothing, unless the something is nothing than I'm getting something, is this clear? One good thing that came out from that ongoing experiment is the tire compensation values, there is still a lot to work on but the basic data is useful, I've already got some tests lined up for testing the different tires resistance to pavement, the point of rupture will be measured in (kgf/mm)/kg , but were getting ahead of ourselves here, when I get a chance I'll try those alternate spring rate settings. Thanks for the review, I'll have to give you one thing though, you've got a lot of........................
balls.jpeg
for having the guts to try these. ( sometime I just can't help myself :rolleyes:)

👍:cheers:

It's nearing the end of the year, and @TurnLeft has provided me with lap times of all the tunes for this month done in a Championship Style. All tunes will be posted with Best Lap Time, Lap Time Average(3 laps) and points awarded!
There are 4 groups, with different points are handed out. A big Thank You to everyone for making this a great month and to TurnLeft for all of his hard work!!:D

MP4 - 550pp Sport Soft (3 laps)

Race 1: Brands Hatch Indy
@sinof1337 - 45.439(45.558) - 10 pts
@ImToLegitToQuit - 45.756(45.890) - 8 pts
@Thorin Cain - 45.771(45.891) - 7 pts
@shaunm80 - 46.221(46.414) - 6 pts
@Rush471 - 46.223(46.352) - 5 pts
Rocket - 46.352(46.459) - 4 pts
RX-8 - 46.436(46.588) - 3 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 46.518(46.553) - 2 pts

Race 2: Daytona International Speedway
Rocket - 46.081(46.100) - 10 pts
@Rush471 - 46.211(46.225) - 8 pts
RX-8 - 46.498(46.569) - 7 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 46.569(46.582) - 6pts
@shaunm80 - 465.636(46.677) - 5 pts
@Thorin Cain - 46.894(46.905) - 4 pts
@sinof1337 - 46.934(46.937) - 3 pts
@ImToLegitToQuit - 47.049(47.093) - 2 pts

Race 3: Matterhorn Short Track
@sinof1337 - 22.867(22.971) - 10 pts
@shaunm80 - 23.035(23.116) - 8 pts
@Rush471 - 23.159(23.323) - 7 pts
@ImToLegitToQuit - 23.280(23.373) - 6 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 23.306(23.394) - 5 pts
@Thorin Cain - 23.306(23.420) - 5 pts
RX-8 - 23.412(23.475) - 3 pts
Rocket - 23.461(23.475) - 2 pts

Race 4: London
@ImToLegitToQuit - 51.713(51.888) - 10 pts
@Thorin Cain - 51.798(51.901) - 8 pts
Rocket - 51.898(51.916) - 7 pts
@sinof1337 - 51.986(52.093) - 6 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 52.110(52.115) - 5pts
@shaunm80 - 52.316(52.430) - 4 pts
RX-8 - 52.467(52.496) - 3 pts
@Rush471 - 52.523(52.785) - 2 pts

Race 5: Cape Ring North
@Thorin Cain - 89.160(89.208) - 10 pts
@sinof1337 - 89.366(89.414 - 8 pts
@ImToLegitToQuit - 89.593(89.714) - 7 pts
@shaunm80 - 90.620(90.773) - 6 pts
@Rush471- 90.777(90.996) - 5 pts
Rocket - 90.955(91.166) - 4 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 91.357(91.665) - 3 pts
RX-8 - 92.484(92.764) - 2 Pts

Final Results:
@sinof1337 - 37 points
@Thorin Cain - 34 points
@ImToLegitToQuit - 33 points
@shaunm80 - 29 points
Rocket - 27 points
@Rush471 - 27 points
Bowtie-muscle - 21 points
RX-8 - 18 points

Last edited:
MP4 600pp Sport Soft (3 laps)

@DaBomm4 - 44.201(44.267) - 10 pts
@xande1959 - 44.489(44.596) - 8 pts
@praiano63 - 44.559(44.645) - 6 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 44.981(45.007) - 4 pts
@shaunm80 - 45.328(45.414) - 2 pts

@praiano63 - 42.514(42.517) - 10 pts
@DaBomm4 - 43.125(43.217) - 8 pts
@shaunm80 - 43.177(43.219) - 6 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 43.569(43.609) - 4 pts
@xande1959 - 45.124(45.127) - 2 pts

@praiano63 - 22.543(22.772) - 10 pts
@DaBomm4 - 22.604(22.721) - 8 pts
@xande1959 - 22.711(23.012) 6 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 23.068(23.123) - 4 pts
@shaunm80 - 23.073(23.142) - 2 pts

@DaBomm4 - 50.053(50.423) - 10 pts
@xande1959 - 50.110(50.383) - 8 pts
@praiano63 - 50.374(50.588) - 6 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 50.429(50.611) - 4 pts
@shaunm80 - 50.844(51.052) - 2 pts

@praiano63 - 87.511(87.772) - 10 pts
@DaBomm4 - 88.331(88.399) - 8 pts
@shaunm80 - 88.753(88.859) - 6 pts
@xande1959 - 88.929(89.147) - 4 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 90.180(90.361) - 2 pts

Final Results:
@DaBomm4 - 44 points

@praiano63 - 42 pts
@xande1959 - 28 pts
@shaunm80 - 18 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 18 pts

Last edited:
MP4 600pp Racing Medium (3 laps)

@xande1959 - 42.305(42.528) - 10 pts
@shaunm80 - 42.868(43.204) - 8 pts
@DaBomm4 - 42.987(43.094) - 6 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 43.371(43.429) - 4 pts
@praiano63 43.812(43.829) - 2 pts

@praiano63 - 41.897(41.919) - 10 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 42.273(42.282) - 8 pts
@shaunm80 - 42.369(42.412) - 6 pts
@DaBomm4 - 42.722(42.740) - 4 pts
@xande1959 - 44.409(44.425) - 2 pts

Bowtie-muscle - 21.926(22.208) - 10 pts
@shaunm80 - 21.944(22.035) - 8 pts
@xande1959 - 21.955(22.032) - 6 pts
@DaBomm4 - 21.960(22.216) - 4 pts
@praiano63 - 22.283(22.441) - 2 pts

@xande1959 - 47.802(48.023) - 10 pts
@DaBomm4 - 48.194(48.457) - 8 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 48.652(48.759) - 6 pts
@praiano63 - 48.800(49.012) - 4 pts
@shaunm80 - 48.807(48.759) - 2 pts

Race 5: Cape Ring North:
@xande1959 - 84.204(84.220) - 10 pts
@DaBomm4 - 85.844(86.221) - 8 pts
@praiano63 - 85.968(86.315) - 6 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 86.132(86.538) - 4 pts
@shaunm80 - 86.220(86.420) - 2 pts

Final Results:
@xande1959 - 38 points

Bowtie-muscle - 32 pts
@DaBomm4 - 30 pts
@shaunm80 - 26 pts
@praiano63 - 24 pts

Last edited:
MP4 - The Others!

This one is different, each car will be given a Tire Bonus for EACH race using the following scale:

Sports Hard - 4 pts
Sports Medium - 3 pts
Sports Soft - 2 pts
Racing Hard - 1 point

@lbpomg95 (SH) 576pp - 4 pts/race x 5 = 20
@brian wolf (SH) 620pp - 4 pts/race x 5 = 20
@DaBomm4 (SS) 625pp - 2 pts/race x 5 = 10
@Otaliema (SS) 650pp - 2 pts/race x 5 = 10
@Ridox2JZGTE (RH) 565pp - 1 pt/race x 5 = 5
@shaunm80 (RH) 600pp (GT3 Version) - 1 pt/race x 5 = 5

@Otaliema - 43.507(43.775) - 10 pts
@shaunm80 - 53.552(43.711) - 8 pts
@DaBomm4 - 44.312(44.473) - 7 pts
@Ridox2JZGTE - 44.856(45.149) - 6pts
@brian wolf - 46.808(46.904) - 5 pts
@lbpomg95 - 47.622(47.664) - 4 pts

@Otaliema - 41.381(41.588) - 10 pts
@DaBomm4 - 42.191(42.314) - 8 pts
@shaunm80 - 42.690(42.717) - 7 pts
@brian wolf - 42.747(42.962) - 6 pts
@Ridox2JZGTE - 45.421(45.520) - 5 pts
@lbpomg95 - 45.703(45.904) - 4 pts

@shaunm80 - 22.518(22.629) - 10 pts
@Otaliema - 22.611(22.771) - 8 pts
@DaBomm4 - 22.824(22.989) - 7 pts
@Ridox2JZGTE - 23.220(23.542) - 6 pts
@brian wolf - 24.213(24.256) - 5 pts
@lbpomg95 - 24.714(24.867) - 4 pts

@Otaliema - 49.316(49.565) - 10 pts
@shaunm80 - 49.339(49.351) - 8 pts
@DaBomm4 - 50.184(50.316) - 7 pts
@Ridox2JZGTE - 50.444(50.707) - 6 pts
@brian wolf - 53.473(53.829) - 5 pts
@lbpomg95 - 54.342(54.495) - 4 pts

@shaunm80 - 87.015(87.646) - 10 pts
@DaBomm4 - 88.387(88.546) - 8 pts
@Otaliema - 88.403(88.818) - 7 pts
@Ridox2JZGTE - 88.693(88.974) - 6 pts
@brian wolf - 92.891(93.332) - 5 pts
@lbpomg95 - 94.369(94.950) - 4 pts

Final Results:
@Otaliema - 45 points + tire bonus = 55 points

@shaunm80 - 43 points + tire bonus = 48 points
@DaBomm4 - 37 points + tire bonus = 47 points
@brian wolf - 26 points + tire bonus = 46 points
@lbpomg95 - 20 points + tire bonus = 40 points
@Ridox2JZGTE - 31 points + tire bonus = 36 points

This concludes the fun, congrats to @lbpomg95 for having the lowest pp on Sports Hard and putting up a fight against the higher pp cars on softer tires. Was really not a fair fight, but wanted to keep you included. Nice tune too!!!

Last edited:
I have a little unfinished business in here, still have two reviews I want to tack on at the end here but time kinda ran short. I'll stick them in when I get a chance.

But for now can I just say a big
00020721.gif
to @sinof1337, @DaBomm4, @xande1959 and @Otaliema for your class victories. Well done guys! 👍👍👍👍 (One for each of you.)

A big thank you to @Bowtie-muscle for running this thread, and doing ever so well to maintain order in the chaos.
Another HUGE thank you to @TurnLeft, can't remember why, but I'm sure he did a little something.:confused:;):lol:

And to @shaunm80, @praiano63, @lbpomg95, @ImToLegitToQuit, @brian wolf, @Rush471 and of course @Ridox2JZGTE (Hope I didn't miss anyone:nervous:) Oh, wait I did. Sorry @cbarbosa :embarrassed: my bad. Where was I ...oh yes....I wish you and everyone else around you as well as all inhabitants of:gtpflag: a very safe, prosperous and
0002034A.gif

Last edited:
It's been a real cool end of the year, I had a lot of fun with you all and really appreciated your participation,

and a big thank you
respect-067.gif
to Bowtie-muscle for having us over. To me it felt more like a bunch of people hanging out in Bowtie's garage
party-067.gif
just having fun with a very expensive toy (MP4). To @cbarbosa, @sinof1337, @ImToLegitToQuit, @Thorin Cain, @shaunm80, @Rush471, @DaBomm4, @xande1959, @praiano63,

@lbpomg95, @brian wolf, @Otaliema, @Ridox2JZGTE and all of you from :gtpflag: a very happy new year and I wish you all health and prosperity.

party-066.gif
thinking-023.gif
irish-drinking-beer.gif
smiley-bounce016.gif
smiley-sick029.gif
smiley-laughing025.gif

Some of you might have noticed a little over zealous postings of new smilies
stupid.gif
from a couple of members who we will not mention, if you are to blame someone you should blame @Johnnypenso and not those two poor
blues-brothers-076.gif
lads. But if you would like to add a little sparkle to your posts you'll find the info here:Smilies, more please., plus http://freesmileyface.net/ & http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php .

Oh almost forgot, I call dibs on these smilies, unless you post it to @Otaliema of course.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A day in the life of Otaliema
thinking-017.gif

babies.gif
>>>
fart-in-bed.gif
>>>
crying-baby-1.gif
crying-baby-1.gif
>>>
sad-038.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God bless you all
3d-angel-3.gif

Last edited:
A day on the life of Otaliema
thinking-017.gif
Ohh so true. Just need to replace the babies with a toddler and you would be dead on perfect.

I hope everyone here had a good New Years. I spent mine in bed with my wife ;) With both kids sleeping like bricks. And who ever coined the phrase sleeping like a baby didn't have kids cause most babies don't sleep :lol: mine did, but from 1 to 2 1/4 they didn't sleep, now they both zonk out hard for 10-12 hours and than tear around like terrible terrors on caffeine or maybe a deadly nadder playing fetch :lol:
Sorry how to train your dragon 2 is the big movie right now in my house I've seen it about 30 time senice Christmas.

MP4 600pp Sport Soft (3 laps)

@DaBomm4 - 44.201(44.267) - 10 pts
@xande1959 - 44.489(44.596) - 8 pts
@praiano63 - 44.559(44.645) - 6 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 44.981(45.007) - 4 pts
@shaunm80 - 45.328(45.414) - 2 pts

@praiano63 - 42.514(42.517) - 10 pts
@DaBomm4 - 43.125(43.217) - 8 pts
@shaunm80 - 43.177(43.219) - 6 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 43.569(43.609) - 4 pts
@xande1959 - 45.124(45.127) - 2 pts

@praiano63 - 22.543(22.772) - 10 pts
@DaBomm4 - 22.604(22.721) - 8 pts
@xande1959 - 22.711(23.012) 6 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 23.068(23.123) - 4 pts
@shaunm80 - 23.073(23.142) - 2 pts

@DaBomm4 - 50.053(50.423) - 10 pts
@xande1959 - 50.110(50.383) - 8 pts
@praiano63 - 50.374(50.588) - 6 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 50.429(50.611) - 4 pts
@shaunm80 - 50.844(51.052) - 2 pts

@praiano63 - 87.511(87.772) - 10 pts
@DaBomm4 - 88.331(88.399) - 8 pts
@shaunm80 - 88.753(88.859) - 6 pts
@xande1959 - 88.929(89.147) - 4 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 90.180(90.361) - 2 pts

Final Results:
@DaBomm4 - 44 points

@praiano63 - 42 pts
@xande1959 - 28 pts
@shaunm80 - 18 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 18 pts
Good test, this remember me the Adrenaline Tuner Challenge Championship .
MP4 600pp Racing Medium (3 laps)

@xande1959 - 42.305(42.528) - 10 pts
@shaunm80 - 42.868(43.204) - 8 pts
@DaBomm4 - 42.987(43.094) - 6 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 43.371(43.429) - 4 pts
@praiano63 43.812(43.829) - 2 pts

@praiano63 - 41.897(41.919) - 10 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 42.273(42.282) - 8 pts
@shaunm80 - 42.369(42.412) - 6 pts
@DaBomm4 - 42.722(42.740) - 4 pts
@xande1959 - 44.409(44.425) - 2 pts

Bowtie-muscle - 21.926(22.208) - 10 pts
@shaunm80 - 21.944(22.035) - 8 pts
@xande1959 - 21.955(22.032) - 6 pts
@DaBomm4 - 21.960(22.216) - 4 pts
@praiano63 - 22.283(22.441) - 2 pts

@xande1959 - 47.802(48.023) - 10 pts
@DaBomm4 - 48.194(48.457) - 8 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 48.652(48.759) - 6 pts
@praiano63 - 48.800(49.012) - 4 pts
@shaunm80 - 48.807(48.759) - 2 pts

Race 5: Cape Ring North:
@xande1959 - 84.204(84.220) - 10 pts
@DaBomm4 - 85.844(86.221) - 8 pts
@praiano63 - 85.968(86.315) - 6 pts
Bowtie-muscle - 86.132(86.538) - 4 pts
@shaunm80 - 86.220(86.420) - 2 pts

Final Results:
@xande1959 - 38 points

Bowtie-muscle - 32 pts
@DaBomm4 - 30 pts
@shaunm80 - 26 pts
@praiano63 - 24 pts
My car as all my road cars was not tuned to be driven with racing tires.

Your tunes are always fantastic on Sports tires, it did improve on Racing Tires but just not as much as the others which I have to admit surprised me. My only conclusion would be that you got the most out of the Sports tires which left little gain for Racing tires:confused:...... @TurnLeft tested all the tunes as submitted and obviously, they were not tuned specifically for the tracks he tested them on. That is what made the results so interesting, that and the difference between the same tunes on different rubber.

Thank you for being a part of the fun this month, hope to see you join in in the future.:)

Last edited:
Your tunes are always fantastic on Sports tires, it did improve on Racing Tires but just not as much as the others which I have to admit surprised me. My only conclusion would be that you got the most out of the Sports tires which left little gain for Racing tires:confused:...... @TurnLeft tested all the tunes as submitted and obviously, they were not tuned specifically for the tracks he tested them on. That is what made the results so interesting, that and the difference between the same tunes on different rubber.

Thank you for being a part of the fun this month, hope to see you join in in the future.:)

That gave me an idea, drop down to SS or SH, @TurnLeft, if you have time I would be interested to know how my GT3 replica drives on one of the tracks you used for testing and use SS tire or lower.

I just saw the January 2015 car of the month, looks like I have ample choices of cars to be entered :) from Wangan replica, Hosaka Tuning R33 to upcoming Nismo 400R replica :D The Wangan sounds juicy with CS tire on 800HP R33 :lol:

Hi Mr.P, I'm the guilty one :guilty:, I don't have the knowledge and abilities most of you have in this field so I try things and learn from them, you know that I would never do anything to prejudice against you, I have too much respect for you to do so :bowdown:. I thought that that it would even up the field but it didn't , I'm sorry and apologize if this has made you feel or look bad, it was never the intent. I can't change the past but I can alter the future, so if this can help in any way .....
beach-sailboat-new-images-desktop-background-hd-wallpapers-of-sail-boat-widescreen.jpg

... yeah it's a fishing boat, I don't know if it's the model you want but I found it pretty cool, you'll have to supply the fishing rod though. "What is in the mind is as real as the air that you breath, that you believe or not, all you have to do is dream for it to be."
:cheers:,
eating-pancakes-10.gif
I was keeping this one for you.

Hi Mr.P, I'm the guilty one :guilty:, I don't have the knowledge and abilities most of you have in this field so I try things and learn from them, you know that I would never do anything to prejudice against you, I have too much respect for you to do so :bowdown:. I thought that that it would even up the field but it didn't , I'm sorry and apologize if this has made you feel or look bad, it was never the intent. I can't change the past but I can alter the future, so if this can help in any way .....
View attachment 283484
... yeah it's a fishing boat, I don't know if it's the model you want but I found it pretty cool, you'll have to supply the fishing rod though. "What is in the mind is as real as the air that you breath, that you believe or not, all you have to do is dream for it to be."
:cheers:,
eating-pancakes-10.gif
I was keeping this one for you.
No problems at all, my cars are base tunes and anybody can drive them the way they want. But i repeat what i think about racing tires in the game even for race cars.
I´v writen this in my garage:
Race cars are not the best thing to pilot in GT6. In my opinion PD tried to do something with racing tires that they never mastered but publish the unfinished way it is till now.
This is very obvious with road cars. With racing cars the downforce help to reduce the weird behaviors but the bug is still there. A hot fix coming back to GT5 tires would be 100% better than letting this 🤬 racing tires the way they are in this game.
Just my 2 cents.

For a fine tuned road car, even 1 grade of tire like sport hard to medium can mess with the overall balance. So i let you imagine with racing ones that for me have totally broken physics.

Happy new year everybody.

EDIT: Yes , this is a nice local fishing boat , but what i want is a multihull sailboat, something like this , perhaps more rustic.
74817d1349136659-small-trimarans-under-20-trimaran-searail-19-downwind-bow-shot.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for making this mini challenge enjoyable and a special thanks to @TurnLeft for all the hard work he had to put in. I was very surprised to see how well my tune handled in TurnLeft's hands at those tracks and that I won in the 600PP SS challenge!

I'm looking forward to participating in following COTM threads starting with these R33 GT-R's. :)

Last edited:
Back