December IGN Car Pack - Releases December 4th

C_Raccoon23

Local Trash Panda 🦝
Premium
United States
USA
TPC_Raccooon23
CRaccoon23
So we're getting the next Horizon DLC pack in a week. What is everyone's thoughts on it?

2012 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta

2013_Ferrari_F12_Berlinetta_4.jpg

1971 AMC Javelin AMC

1971_AMC_Javelin-AMX_2.jpg

2008 Aston Martin DBS

2008_Aston_Martin_DBS_3.jpg

2006 Ford GTX1

2006_Ford_GTX1_2.jpg

2006 Hummer H1 Alpha Open Top

2006_Hummer_H1_Alpha_3.jpg

1993 McLaren F1

1993_McLaren_F1_2.jpg

2011 Ford SVT Raptor Halo Edition

2011fordsvtraptorhalo4wmjpg-489aa0.jpg

I personally find this more underwhelming than last month's. I'm not feeling excited about the Aston Martin or the AMC. I can't stand trucks/SUVs so the Hummer won't be seeing any use from me. Hopefully the Ford GTX1 is more than just a Ford GT with no roof. That only leaves the Ferrari and the McLaren F1, the only two that interest me with the possibility of the Ford GT along with them.

I find the Ferrari to be okay, but the other cars...... Not so much... >_>

I'm feeling really uncomfortable about some of the FM4 cars being added in the DLC. Are they planning on releasing my Veloster Turbo as DLC too? :irked:

When the title read "Halo Truck" I thought they were going to release the Warthog for FH. Which would actually work in Forza Horizon. Open world games are a little less about even performance of the vehicles and more about just cruising.

The Hummer and the Javelin look pretty neat, and I'll definitely be buying them. The Ferrari's meh, and I could care less about the Mclaren. It doesn't strike me as a very good idea that they're adding some sort of special edition to an existing vehicle (the Raptor), when the car list is as small as it is here. Variety first, then get into the nitty-gritty.

Yeah, the 458 is still the best looking Ferrari of all time. Followed the '84 GTO and then the 599 and Enzo/FXX. The F12...looks like they took the SRT Viper and beat it with an ugly stick and then jammed a V12 down it's throat to compensate.

Yeah, the 458 is still the best looking Ferrari of all time. Followed the '84 GTO and then the 599 and Enzo/FXX. The F12...looks like they took the SRT Viper and beat it with an ugly stick and then jammed a V12 down it's throat to compensate.

Woah woah! I like the Berlinetta and the F40 especially the Competizione is the best looking Ferrari of all time IMO.

Yeah, the 458 is still the best looking Ferrari of all time.

I just... what?

Followed the '84 GTO and then the 599 and Enzo/FXX. The F12...looks like they took the SRT Viper and beat it with an ugly stick and then jammed a V12 down it's throat to compensate.

Oh. Oh my.

So, another DLC pack chock-full of rehashes or slightly changed existing models, with one genuinely new car? Yep, still glad I didn't buy the Season Pass. I haven't even played Horizon in a few weeks by now :-/.

How many of these "special liviried" F150s are we going to get? First the VIP one and now this.

Other than that, not bad. I'm still kinda pissed that cars that were in FM4 are being sold to us as DLC. They should have been in from the start.

That being said, I've enjoyed the new and/or updated cars in the packs, and this one is no exception. I like both the F12 and GTX1, and I've always preferred the Hummer "truck" to the SUV version.

This may be the DLC I may actually pick up. The Ford GTX1 or whatever is called will be nice. The Hummer or Hum-Vee will be a nice Rally Raid Truck for the Rally Pack. As for the Ferrari. Wow just wow. Its about time. Raptor well may be cool if you are a Halo fan ( I was up until Halo 4 ). As for the McLaren and AMC. Meh could be better.

The returning FM cars really should have been in the game to start with, but holy heck, the proper F1 is back so woo and hoo.

At this point, I'd be much more willing to throw down money for new wheels. This list is uninspiring at best.

• 2012 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta -- Meh.
  • 1971 AMC Javelin AMX -- Cool.
  • 2008 Aston Martin DBS -- Meh.
  • 2006 Ford GTX1 -- Eh.
  • 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha Open Top -- NOW we've got a game where this is actually worth driving. I've been enjoying the Wrangler already, and if the rally pack gets into rough stuff they'll both be a blast.
  • 1993 McLaren F1 -- Awesome! The proper F1. I think they did this backwards; we should have had the F1 on disc, with the F1GT here.
I'm really torn now on the Season Pass. I want the M3 GTS, Cobra, and 240SX, and I want the AMX, H1, and F1. That's half of each pack, which is about the same level of appeal I had for FM4's first six car packs, but this time it's only three cars instead of five. I wish they had kept the Rally Pack separate from the Season Pass, so I could buy that first and then decide in January/February if I want the car packs. Of course, that would be too easy. Damnit.

I love this game dearly but I absolutely agree with everyone who thinks PG is trying awfully hard to make the Season Pass as unappealing as possible.
I wonder how long it will take for someone to paint a uterus on the back of the F12 Berlinetta. :P

Another do not buy for me; sorry but I do not support paying for the same thing twice.

I wish I had held out on purchasing the Season Pass but given the track record for DLC with Forza I had very little reason to think otherwise.

Needless to say, I will not make the same mistake twice.

Wow, I am not going to sugar coat this. These past two car packs have been a pile of horse manure. What has happened to the DLC that used to be something to battle over. All these packs have been a pile of ****.

IN MY OPINION these car packs are getting worse and worse with each release. Im so glad that I didnt waste my money on the things they are trying to release. This is down right disrespectful to any person that has been loyal to the Forza Franchise. Such a waste of money, and there are so many differnt cars that they can release that would be new to the Forza franchise as a whole. The game is fun, but the DLC is turning out to be a waste of money.

Will probably buy the car pack because I do like most of the cars in it, but I do agree as an overall package, the DLC has been sub-par by far.

Wonder if the GTX1's speedometer needle disappears like the GT....

I just... what?

The newest is always, by default, the most beautiful. This is a universal law. I mean, honestly, there is no way that these are prettier than a 458:

ferrari-330-p4-06.jpg

Ferrari%20330%20GTC%20rear.jpg

1957_Ferrari_250_Testa_Rossa_HR.jpg

ferrari-250-swb-06.jpg

On topic:

Definitely not buying this DLC either. I feel bad for season pass holders. You guys are getting hosed by the man.

Ferrari's history is studded with too many beautiful machines to pick one as the "best." The 458 is freakin' stunning from most angles, until you catch a glimpse of the butt end. Like all current Ferraris.

I wish I had held out on purchasing the Season Pass but given the track record for DLC with Forza I had very little reason to think otherwise.

Needless to say, I will not make the same mistake twice.

I was on the fence about the season pass, think I am going to stay there and pay as I go.

Woah woah! I like the Berlinetta and the F40 especially the Competizione is the best looking Ferrari of all time IMO.

I just... what?

Oh. Oh my.

So, another DLC pack chock-full of rehashes or slightly changed existing models, with one genuinely new car? Yep, still glad I didn't buy the Season Pass. I haven't even played Horizon in a few weeks by now :-/.

The newest is always, by default, the most beautiful. This is a universal law. I mean, honestly, there is no way that these are prettier than a 458:

ferrari-330-p4-06.jpg

Ferrari%20330%20GTC%20rear.jpg

1957_Ferrari_250_Testa_Rossa_HR.jpg

ferrari-250-swb-06.jpg

On topic:

Definitely not buying this DLC either. I feel bad for season pass holders. You guys are getting hosed by the man.

I'll admit that there are some classic Ferraris that are better looking than the 458. But, I meant in recent history, they've all been rather...ugly compared to the 458. And, to be honest, If I could afford a Ferrari, there are probably only 4 or 5 I'd have in my garage because the rest of the ones I'd want are WAY too expensive. But the first I'd buy would be the 458. The F12, in my opinion, is the inbred love-child of the SRT Viper and the Ferrari FF. Definitely not Ferrari's best "effort" if you can call splashing some FF styling cues on the Viper body effort. I'd actually rather have the Viper with the Ferrari V12. Even a Ferrari V8-powered Viper would be better than the F12. Just my opinion. I know it's blasphamous in the automotive world to call any Ferrari ugly, but hey, if every actor in hollywood HAS to star in at least one TERRIBLE movie, every car maker has to make at least one TERRIBLE car. But, it;s because of those failures that we have cars like the 458.

To me the best cars in this pack are the AMC, Hummer and maybe the Aston...but...I like Astons.

Another Raptor as DLC? We already have 2 in the game. One the Standard raptor and the 2nd is the Raptor with that rubbish livery. Then they give us another(3rd) raptor which can easily be recreated by ourselves. Absolutely ridiculous. For me that DLC pack is pretty rubbish TBH

I really regret buying the season pass now.

I'll admit that there are some classic Ferraris that are better looking than the 458. But, I meant in recent history, they've all been rather...ugly compared to the 458. And, to be honest, If I could afford a Ferrari, there are probably only 4 or 5 I'd have in my garage because the rest of the ones I'd want are WAY too expensive. But the first I'd buy would be the 458. The F12, in my opinion, is the inbred love-child of the SRT Viper and the Ferrari FF. Definitely not Ferrari's best "effort" if you can call splashing some FF styling cues on the Viper body effort. I'd actually rather have the Viper with the Ferrari V12. Even a Ferrari V8-powered Viper would be better than the F12. Just my opinion. I know it's blasphamous in the automotive world to call any Ferrari ugly, but hey, if every actor in hollywood HAS to star in at least one TERRIBLE movie, every car maker has to make at least one TERRIBLE car. But, it;s because of those failures that we have cars like the 458.

To me the best cars in this pack are the AMC, Hummer and maybe the Aston...but...I like Astons.

What on Earth are you babbling about?

I still don't have huge regrets on getting the season pass. This falls more under the category of a pack that doesn't really interest me. I would probably like this pack a bit more if they put in a Japanese tuner like the Toyota MR2 or something.

Kind of interested in the F12, that is all.

I regret not buying the season pass for Forza 4 (I went on to buy every DLC pack on day 1) but am now happy I didn't buy this one so I can put the money towards the Black Ops 2 season pass (if the DLC looks alright).

Back