December IGN Car Pack - Releases December 4th

I understand being upset about this DLC. But why trade in the game itself? Just wondering.
1.: It's frustrating to even read the news about the upcoming DLC. With the game traded in, I won't care anymore.
2.: I can at least recoup some of the money wasted on the season pass.
3.: The game will become less and less valuable by the day. So better cash in on it as long as I can get something back. I might wait and see whether GameStop does their "trade two games in, get GTA V preordered for € 9.99" thing again.

I don't understand why everyone is so upset this game has only been out since Oct. This game yes is supported by T10 Forza engine but developed and run by PG and new company. FM4 had a great selection of cars to start with and DLC through out because it had proven it self to us gamers, sponsors and car manufacturers to agree on more cars in the game. FH is a new game with a new company and still has to prove it self and if it does well, look for FH2 to be better. We are seeing same cars from FM4 because T10 must have an agreement to extend some over to FH who knows. I say calm down you already bought the game and see it through it may get better.

I'm not upset with the game itself. That's why I've been defending it against undeserved (in my opinion, of course) criticism ever since release.

What I am mad about is the quality of the DLC and the pricing. Microsoft wants to know whether the game sells well before producing DLC? Fine, then, just wait until you've got some sales figures. Other games don't come out with Day One, Week One, Month One DLC, either. Also, I'd be happy with getting the cars from FM4 back. Its car selection was great. What I'm not happy with is shelling out for six cars per month (on a higher per-car-price than what we got with FM4, to boot) only to get cars that are basically a copy-paste job from FM4 - with, like, one exception per car pack to lure people into buying it.

That's the exact same business practice I complained about when Polyphony Digital/Sony did it with GT5: Selling cars that take next to no work to get them in the game and sell 'em to us as if they were the product of hard work. I'd be a hypocrate if I wasn't giving MS/PG/T10 quite some flack for it now, wouldn't I?

One more thing, though: I agree that FH and PG still need to prove themselves. What they're doing now, with that sort of DLC, isn't going to help with that. It's not gonna be good for their reputation, is it? If they were pumping out great DLC at a reasonable price, that would be helpful when it comes to prroving themselves - to us gamers, of course. Unless you are talking about proving to Microsoft that PG can milk a lot of cash out of us by using the Forza name. In that case, I'd say you're right.

I don't understand why everyone is so upset this game has only been out since Oct. This game yes is supported by T10 Forza engine but developed and run by PG and new company. FM4 had a great selection of cars to start with and DLC through out because it had proven it self to us gamers, sponsors and car manufacturers to agree on more cars in the game. FH is a new game with a new company and still has to prove it self and if it does well, look for FH2 to be better. We are seeing same cars from FM4 because T10 must have an agreement to extend some over to FH who knows. I say calm down you already bought the game and see it through it may get better.

You're forgetting the part where vehicles like the F10 M5, the RGT-8, 205 T16, FRS, etc, etc... all being new vehicles recently added to FM4 yet they were carried over without an additional surcharge. Or what about the older original cars like the Ford GT or RSX (Integra); also in the game without any additional surcharge. Am I supposed to believe vehicles like the Hudson Hornet, the DB7 Zagato, or either of the two Spyker's (just to name a very, very select few) were somehow only covered for inclusion in FM4?

Or, let's come at this a different way: T10 has a direct relationship with Audi, yet that particular collection is very light in weight in comparison to 3 or 4. Also, and I've had a similar discussion with someone else - the whole mantra of "it's only been out since October" is irrelevant; look at the DLC for the first two months in FM2, 3 and 4 and if you still find that to be a plausible excuse, then more power to you.

Licensing could be the reason for forza 4 cars being brought into horizon via DLC, just because forza 4 had the licence for the DBS doesn't mean they could automatically put it in horizon no problem

Licensing could be the reason for forza 4 cars being brought into horizon via DLC, just because forza 4 had the licence for the DBS doesn't mean they could automatically put it in horizon no problem

The DBS has been in since FM3. I'm not saying it's out of the realm of possibility, it's just unlikely - at least as far as appearances go.

Yeah, sure, because manufacturers are suddenly going all "eh, no, you're not going to get our licenses" when Microsoft had access to them for years now. That's an excuse that would work for the Porsche pack, as that was really down to licensing. Not quite how things are being handled right now, I'd say.

Honestly, even games like Blur are getting all kinds of licenses. Nah, this is most probably just down to generating the most revenue with the least amount of work.

...... Yeah, okay. Lets just wait and see what the next car pack will bring us, and see you type that similar post again for an excuse. I'm not buying it... :grumpy:

...... Yeah, okay. Lets just wait and see what the next car pack will bring us, and see you type that similar post again for an excuse. I'm not buying it... :grumpy:

It's not an excuse, its a theory and in my opinion the F12 berlinetta is woth 400 points on its own

It's not an excuse, its a theory and in my opinion the F12 berlinetta is woth 400 points on its own

Yes I do agree the F12 berlinetta is worth it, but you do know its gonna be "pack only" right? For me imo. I just don't like the fact that they're selling "FM4 cars" in the packs to be bought, and cars that are basically like the ones in game but slightly different.

Again imo. Half those cars especially the FM4 cars should have been in the game from the start, thus I'm not buying into it...

Another thing. If you continue to buy packs like these, beware of the future DLC packs that'll end up just like this one and the last one because the devs will think "Hey, they're actually buying these packs. Easy money for us without doing much work on the cars and even importing ones from the other game. :sly:)

No way I'm letting them fool me to get away with my money. 👎

You're kidding, I assume? I mean, look at what 400 MPS actually are: You can great indy/arcade games for 800/1200 points. Or just look at what other games offer, when it comes to DLC. DLC hasn't been great, as of late, but think of stuff like the Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim, or Hearthfire. For 1200 MSP, it seemed to offer more than all of the packs we've seen so far.

Yeah, I get it, though: The F12 is a highly desirable car (like the Aventador J) - which is why PG/MS/T10 can get away with these crap packs, I assume. Just stick one highly desirable car into a pack nobody would care about and people are still going to buy it. You just have to ensure that the car in question can only be gotten by purchasing the whole pack. It's a shame that this seems to be working, though.
Another thing. If you continue to buy packs like these, beware of the future DLC packs that'll end up just like this one and the last one because the devs will think "Hey, they're actually buying these packs. Easy money for us without doing much work on the cars and even importing ones from the other game. :sly:)
Pretty much. If people still got the option to vote with their wallet (which would exclude us Season Pass holders), for the love of god - do so! If these packs sell well enough, I can easily see MS/T10 releasing FM5 with a very small car roster, only to shove the mayority of returning cars down our throats as DLC.

As I said, this doesn't bode well, much less if it works out for them. And I certainly don't want that to be the case. Because, if it is, purchasing the "Ultimate Edition", "Essential Edition", "Complete Edition" or whatever it's going to be called will be the only viable option for the upcoming Forza games.

Let's be honest here: Forza has never been cheap when it came to DLC. FM3 and FM4 got ridiculous amounts of packs. At 580 poinst per pack, a year of DLC for each, that equals almost 14,000 MSP for just those two games. It's rediculous, if you think about it. There's no other franchise that put out that much DLC with just two games. It's properly ridiculous - but it was tolerable (enjoyable, actually) because nine out of ten packs contained great stuff. It seemed like those packs were actually worked on after the games release and contained entirely fresh stuff for us to play with. It's the polar opposite with FH, though - it seems like the perfect example of cutting content to sell it back to us, afterwards.

Really, I can't think of any excuse that would justify not putting cars from FM4 in prior to release, just to sell 'em to us a month later.

The Rally Pack better be exceptional. If the car packs stay the way they are (and,by now, I'm running out of reasons that would make me believe they are going to change), it'll have to make up for the cost of the Season Pass by itself, for the most part.

As meh as the practice is, they're still new cars in the Horizon world. I'm looking at it like that so I don't fret about buying the season pass...

The F1 and the AMC are the only cars in this pack that appeal to me.

I can see why everyone is upset, and believe me, I am all for capitalism and the raking in of the almighty dollar but what T10/PG are done is called moneywhoring. That's a darn shame because it will catch up to them soon.

There is a difference between offering a product, in this case Digital content, at a fair price to the consumer, and offering mostly rehashed content at unfair prices, which is the case here. Eventually what will happen is your consumer base will essentially give you the Finger and not buy your products anymore. The problem isn't just with T10/PG either, let's not pretend that they're the only ones doing it, it's an industry wide problem, which is probably why game sales have been declining for 3 years straight.

Pretty disappointing stuff here. I'm still holding off on getting FH to see if anything worthwhile comes across the DLC wire. Maybe the Rally Expansion will give it some value and might get me to buy it. I just still haven't seen anything come across yet that makes me think it's going to be anything worth the price tag.

It's unfortunate for you all that bought the season pass. I think T10 needs to somehow make it right for you all, like give you a discount on FM5 or something. I just can't believe that they thought these DLC packs were of a good value to the customer and are a good strategy for the Forza franchise. It's almost laughable. I can only say that because I haven't purchased it yet. If I would have purchased it already I'd be furious as some of you already are and it would be no laughing matter!

This is all of course my opinion and it's different for each individual and what they think, but so far for me this game and all of its content vs. the price for everything is a very poor value.

I had a sad feeling this was gonna happen which is why I told myself I would not be purchasing season pass for this game, nor any car related DLC unless it's absolutely worth it. Rally pack might be worthy, but will wait for reviews on that first.

Pretty much. If people still got the option to vote with their wallet (which would exclude us Season Pass holders), for the love of god - do so! If these packs sell well enough, I can easily see MS/T10 releasing FM5 with a very small car roster, only to shove the mayority of returning cars down our throats as DLC.

I highly agree with you @Luminis, and that's the reason I don't want this strategy succeeding to occur on FM's future. We need to let them see this isn't the way to make DLC packs. This is just wrong in all its right. :indiff:

As I said, this doesn't bode well, much less if it works out for them. And I certainly don't want that to be the case. Because, if it is, purchasing the "Ultimate Edition", "Essential Edition", "Complete Edition" or whatever it's going to be called will be the only viable option for the upcoming Forza games.

I know right? After FM3 did that, and so far FM4 hasn't done one yet but I'm waiting for them to do so, I'm now confused. @_@

Let's be honest here: Forza has never been cheap when it came to DLC. FM3 and FM4 got ridiculous amounts of packs. At 580 poinst per pack, a year of DLC for each, that equals almost 14,000 MSP for just those two games. It's rediculous, if you think about it. There's no other franchise that put out that much DLC with just two games. It's properly ridiculous - but it was tolerable (enjoyable, actually) because nine out of ten packs contained great stuff. It seemed like those packs were actually worked on after the games release and contained entirely fresh stuff for us to play with. It's the polar opposite with FH, though - it seems like the perfect example of cutting content to sell it back to us, afterwards.

Really, I can't think of any excuse that would justify not putting cars from FM4 in prior to release, just to sell 'em to us a month later.

I have to say that is indeed true, although, they did bring out a lot of good cars even though it equaled to that amount. O_O Overall, it did contain the better DLC than other racing games had.

What I want to know is, what on earth happened with FH's DLC? Did they actually believe we will felt for this? I agree that this is just cutting out content and selling them later. Who's idea was to make it like that in the first place though?

The Rally Pack better be exceptional. If the car packs stay the way they are (and,by now, I'm running out of reasons that would make me believe they are going to change), it'll have to make up for the cost of the Season Pass by itself, for the most part.

I'm on your side on this one. I'm giving them one more just chance for the Rally expansion to make up to the season pass users, and it better be good or else PG...

I can't agree with the sentiment that these DLC packs have been gut-wrenchingly awful. They're weak and unimpressive, and a terrible kick-off for the DLC packs, but I think it's more an issue of poor strategy than just crap DLC.

They have to include some FM4 cars -- if we ever want to drive them in this game. They have to include some contemporary headliners, as exotic or pedestrian as they may be -- it keeps the manufacturers happy. They're always going to include some worked-over versions of existing cars in the game -- T10/PG can't seem to resist. They're never going to offer us a full pack of 19xx legends, and I accepted that long ago.

However, these two DLC packs have been so ham-fisted about the distribution of these categories that I wouldn't be surprised if the January/February packs turn out to be (accidental) slam-dunks. I don't think they're being greedy. I think they just don't know what they're doing.

Yeah, sure, because manufacturers are suddenly going all "eh, no, you're not going to get our licenses" when Microsoft had access to them for years now.
There's a significant difference in licensing concerns when you pull civilian traffic and public property into the mix. I'm not sure it's relevant here, but the circumstances are certainly different from a Motorsport game.

I agree that this is just cutting out content and selling them later. Who's idea was to make it like that in the first place though?
They decided to ship a single-DVD game. Whether it was a good decision is debatable, but without a second disc, there was never going to be enough space for all of the cars. We got everything that we could get.

They have to include some FM4 cars -- if we ever want to drive them in this game.
True, and I'd even pay for that. Dunno, like 25 bucks for the remianing twohundred non-race cars from FM4. I'd gladly pay for that, as long as we can get FM4-esque DLC in addition. That's a long shot from what's happening now, though.

However, these two DLC packs have been so ham-fisted about the distribution of these categories that I wouldn't be surprised if the January/February packs turn out to be (accidental) slam-dunks. I don't think they're being greedy. I think they just don't know what they're doing.
I can't imagine them to be that dumb - I really can't :lol: If that's the case, great. But I highly doubt such incompetence is the reason.

There's a significant difference in licensing concerns when you pull civilian traffic and public property into the mix. I'm not sure it's relevant here, but the circumstances are certainly different from a Motorsport game.
Well, three words: Need for Speed. They've done the whole underground racing thing for decades now and it never seemed to cause any issues with licensing.

They decided to ship a single-DVD game. Whether it was a good decision is debatable, but without a second disc, there was never going to be enough space for all of the cars. We got everything that we could get.
Aside from cheap or even free (*gasp*) DLC that is.

I can't imagine them to be that dumb - I really can't :lol: If that's the case, great. But I highly doubt such incompetence is the reason.
My point is that some FM4 cars are necessary, some "in the news" cars are necessary, and yes, sometimes you get a special edition of an existing car. These things are to be expected...but it's like T10/PG start off there and get to six before they can come up with anything else. The only truly new & unique car so far is the F12, and Ferrari already dominates the Autoshow. :irked:

I don't think "kick off DLC with absolutely nothing new" could be considered a smart business strategy. I think they're just mishandling the way they fulfill their obligations.

These things are to be expected...but it's like T10/PG start off there and get to six before they can come up with anything else.
That's all well and good, but why on earth wouldn't they bumpn the car count to ten and the price to 580 MSP again, if that was the case?

I can see where you're coming from, though. But, seriously, they're either massively incompetent about this - or are doing this on purpose. Neither is a good thing, right? :lol:

I'm beginning to understand why they sold me the Season Pass at retail when I bought the game now.

I used 400 spare points in my account to buy the 5+1 free token pack so I could get the F1. My favourite supercar of all time.

Bought two Hummers - one stock except for a race exhaust and the other, well, she won't win any awards for speed! You can use the aspiration glitch, so I proudly own a naturally aspirated diesel with all of 190bhp...

I downloaded it as soon as I got home yesterday but I'm not buying the cars just yet. But when I do, the first car I'm going to get is the McLaren F1. Want to see how good it does in this game.

I didn't bother with it yet either, kinda waiting for the Rally pack to get back into Horizon. I'm already on the purple wristband halfway to Gold, PR events done, 7/9 barnfinds, about half of the street races done, almost every road unlocked, honestly I'm afraid of beating this game too fast and then having nothing to do. The map is small and limited with barriers everywhere. It has been suggested that Events should be added with each car pack, and I agree, it would improve the longevity of this game.

Woke up to the wrong alarm this morning so I had a good hour to burn before I had to go to work so I downloaded the pack. Actually pretty pleased and having a ton of fun in the F12.

Played a little Horizon last night and tried out the AMC Javelin, tuned it to B class. I think I like driving it in Horizon more than FM4. I love the cockpit view with this car too.

wheres the jdm love. where's my eg6 civic and r32/33 gtr....this is a joke. how can you show evo 8, r33 gtr and work meisters in the start video and then not include them.

Back