December Logitech G Car Pack Thread - Now Available

• Thread starter willbsn13
  • 167 comments
The S&S engine in the Moggie is fascinating. They started by making performance parts for Harley-Davidson motorcycles, but were so successful, they eventually could sell you a complete H-D engine that didn't have a single H-D part in it. Now they make engines that are their own design, if still heavily influenced by H-D's architecture. The biggest single change they've made is the S&S engine is set at a 50° V rather than Harley's 45° V. That small change allows for a straighter inlet path for the carbs or fuel injection, increasing power and fuel efficiency.

I've had a chance to see an S&S X-Wedge in the flesh (unfortunately not attached to a Morgan, which here in Italy's about as common as pink unicorns), and it's a thing of beauty. The wider angle of the V and the exquisite craftmanship make it the definitive Harley-style engine; although of course, as is with most crate engines, there's a wide range of modifications which can be done to increase its performance even further.

IIRC the 3-Wheeler was originally supposed to get a Screaming Eagle Twin Cam 110 cubic inches engine, but eventually went for the S&S equivalent when they had problems closing a deal with Harley. I can only imagine why Morgan would have such a problem with a huge and brand-focused company such as HD...

IIRC the 3-Wheeler was originally supposed to get a Screaming Eagle Twin Cam 110 cubic inches engine, but eventually went for the S&S equivalent when they had problems closing a deal with Harley. I can only imagine why Morgan would have such a problem with a huge and brand-focused company such as HD...
I love Morgan because I've been to the Morgan factory in Malvern Link, and I love the 3-Wheeler because it was revived in my hometown of Seattle. Liberty Motors in Seattle started making sidecars, then they moved on to 3-wheelers in the fashion of the original Morgan roadster trikes. They were fitted with H-D engines. Morgan liked what they saw and bought the rights to the Liberty 3-Wheeler. I'm guessing that H-D was less receptive to making a deal with Morgan than S&S which explains the engine swap.

The pack is doing good for my plan of not buying the Car Pass, still getting the cars I want and paying less. Not to say it's a bad pack, it's actually a great pack. There's something for nearly everyone, and I'm absolutely delighted about the Morgan 3 Wheeler (it's already become my most driven car in the game, and I haven't modified it at all). Just not enough to make getting the pack cheaper than buying cars individually.

For those who don't believe that T10 simply copies and pastes assets from last-gen games, the Supra offers proof.
No 3rd-gen Supra ever had round tail/brake lights, but the one in previous Forza games mistakenly did.
Guess what? So does the "new for this gen of consoles" one in FH3.

Well, it seems someone from Turn 10 replied and mentioned the Supra.
Link: http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst83733p3_December-Car-Pack-Thoughts.aspx?=
Scroll down to JONK1969 (Guess he works for them?)

His reply:
"Opinions and feedback are always welcome. But I feel compelled to chime in when folks post things that just aren't based in fact. Two things come to mind:
1) "reaching back and dipping" - Every car released in monthly DLC thus far in FH3 is new to Forza, new to this gen, and/or listed in the community top 100 wish list tabulated by ManteoMax for us last year when we deliberately set out to learn exactly which cars the community wanted most. Below, you'll see how many of these cars have been ticked off the list in the first 3 months of DLC alone. There are still 3 months of packs in the Car Pass to come, and it's a good bet more cars from that list may find their way into these packs.
2) As for holding back content from the main game to put in DLC later? We shipped every single car in the base game that we could by launch. One that didn't get done in time to make launch, the 1994 Nissan S14 the community has been asking for since FM4, we chose to include for free as a #Forzathon reward car. A couple of others we originally intended to include in the base have found their way into the game as free DLC barn finds.

So, to thing #1, let's examine the first 3 months of DLC to see what "reaching back and dipping" we did versus building what the community literally asked us to build....

OCTOBER
-2016 Aston Martin Vulcan (New to Franchise, community top 100 wish list)
-2000 Lotus 340R (New to Franchise)
-2016 Pagani Huayra BC (New to Franchise, community top 100 )
-2010 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (New to Franchise, community top 100 - and cop lights!)
-2016 Spania GTA GTA Spano (New to Franchise)
-2016 BMW M2 Coupe (New to Franchise, community top 100)
-1976 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade (New to Franchise, and just the right car for the outback if you ask me)

NOVEMBER
-2017 Acura NSX (New to Franchise, community top 100)
-1998 Nissan Silvia K's (New to this gen, community top 100 list - “Where’s my S14? Where's JDM????” posts, we even rolled out a free 1994 S14, and both came with different wide body kits)
-1990 Mazda Savannah RX-7 (New to this gen, community top 100 list - “Where’s my FC??? Where's JDM???” posts - and a widebody kit too)
-1967 Ford Falcon XR GT (New To Franchise, pretty much all generations of Falcons are in the community top 100 list)
-2016 Dodge Viper ACR (New to Franchise, community top 100 list) - yes, there's a base 2013 Viper GTS in the game, but saying they're the same is like saying a Hellcat is like an R/T, or a NISMO GT-R is the same as a base GT-R. Remember the "Where's my Hellcat???" posts? This is why we make cars like these.
-2016 BMW M4 GTS (New to Franchise - and kind of like the above statement, is not your stock M4)
-1979 Talbot Lotus Sunbeam (New To Franchise)

DECEMBER
-2015 Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 Concept (New to Franchise)
-1965 Pontiac GTO (New to this generation, Community Top 100, and an answer to "Where's the Muscle Cars???" posts)
-2017 Jaguar F-PACE S (New to Franchise, new in the real world too)
-1996 HSV GTSR (New to Franchise, and because ‘STRAYA)
-2014 Morgan 3 Wheeler (New to Franchise)
-2017 Mercedes-AMG GT R (New to Franchise, new in the real world too)
-1992 Toyota Supra 2.0 GT Twin Turbo (New to this gen, community Top 100, another JDM classic, and with a widebody kit. Yeah, the round brake light clusters aren't lighting up the square lens cover properly - sorry about that, we'll look into fixing it. A lot of effort went into up-rezzing this car, but this old bug still got through).

It's certainly expected that not every pack has every car everyone wants - can't imagine that will ever happen- and the forums are a place where everyone can freely praise or complain about each pack....but you can't say we're not giving the community the cars they've been asking for."

@urmie - Interesting to see that. Especially the focus on providing cars from the Top 100 list — a stark contrast to what's happened with the GT Car suggestion forum here. Admittedly, the differences between cars like the M2/135i, M4/GTS et al won't show up as much in this game as they will in FM7 (assuming T10 doesn't needlessly remove the "lesser" models).

That said, I still don't fully buy the "shipped every car" line, if only because cars that definitely weren't new to the series still aren't in there. The RS7 Sportback, for example: there's no logical reason (I can think of) for it to yet again be absent from the list. I do like that they're slowly re-introducing a handful of cars in Forzathon events or as (free) barn finds. But it's still odd that some cars were cut from FM6 to FH3, or even more bizarrely, from FH2.

The Supra is still bizarre to me, since it's the 2.0L. It'll make it harder to recreate this:

upload_2016-12-8_11-42-51.png

Though I found out, in my hunt to recreate my first car in GT1, that it almost perfectly hits the right specs (585HP and a 2900-ish pounds). @RandomCarGuy17 - you might like to know that. ;)

The pack is doing good for my plan of not buying the Car Pass, still getting the cars I want and paying less.

So far I'm interested in getting the NSX, RX-7, and Supra. Maybe the Silvia too, but the Forza community has turned the S14 into something I struggle to take seriously, sadly. I could try to ignore this tiresome joke and save some money by getting the November pack. The pricing for individual cars leaves me unsure if I'll buy the Supra or not (it also depends on the tail lights getting fixed). I'm glad I didn't buy the car pass, but chances are the remaining packs will change this. I'm fine either way.

-1992 Toyota Supra 2.0 GT Twin Turbo (New to this gen, community Top 100, another JDM classic, and with a widebody kit. Yeah, the round brake light clusters aren't lighting up the square lens cover properly - sorry about that, we'll look into fixing it. A lot of effort went into up-rezzing this car, but this old bug still got through).

I'm surprised they recognize this mistake. I hope they'll get it sorted. :)

Last edited:
MMMMMMMMM.....that Supra. Don't know if I will get the pack but I will at least buy this car. My friend has a Red '91 Supra, still looks basically stock except the anthracite OZ Ultraleggeras, window tint and the HKS exhaust he has on it, most of the work is under the hood. I wonder how the wide body kit looks on it in the game?

@urmie

That said, I still don't fully buy the "shipped every car" line, if only because cars that definitely weren't new to the series still aren't in there. The RS7 Sportback, for example: there's no logical reason (I can think of) for it to yet again be absent from the list. I do like that they're slowly re-introducing a handful of cars in Forzathon events or as (free) barn finds. But it's still odd that some cars were cut from FM6 to FH3, or even more bizarrely, from FH2.

Here's the most logical response I could find to that claim you're making. from John Knowles again;

"Sometimes it's a choice we made to make room for another car we felt was more important for the title. Game design balance might be a factor. Or disc space: there's only so much room on the physical disc. Project budget or schedule impact another: porting and licensing cars from earlier titles in addition to building and licensing new cars all come with resource cost we have to prioritize.

Sometimes we decide that a car has been made redundant by a higher trim version or newer model that otherwise is too similar to an older model to justify both. Sometimes we are unable to license a particular car by a manufacturer, or any car by a manufacturer (or even multiple OEMs represented by the same agency) for one reason or another, even if it was in last year's game.

There are quite a few cars in the community top 100 list that fall under this category, but we'll keep trying. There's a reason that no other racing game features so many manufacturers: it's really hard! It takes a dedicated team of professional licensing and legal experts working year-round to maintain strong relationships with OEMs, race teams, and the agencies and lawyers who represent them, as well negotiating ever-changing contract terms, costs, and often changing personal contacts.

The desire to have every car that has appeared in Forza to be included in every new Forza is understandable, but to expect that is just not realistic from a game design, licensing, or business perspective."

That said, I still don't fully buy the "shipped every car" line, if only because cars that definitely weren't new to the series still aren't in there. The RS7 Sportback, for example: there's no logical reason (I can think of) for it to yet again be absent from the list.

The left taillight was partly "broken" on the Audi RS7 in FM6. The need to fix car-specific problems probably makes it easier for them to prioritize other models first. Of course, such problems is the exception rather than the rule.

For what it's worth, I do totally buy the explanation for some cars having marked issues and eventually getting fixed. The 22B in FM6 and now Horizon 3 are noticeably improved over previous entries after many complaints. Still not perfect, but much closer to the real thing than before.

However, I doubt any update would individually fix the Supra's lights; sound files I can understand, but applying updates to car models on the fly seems like it'd take up too many resources. Given that 90% of players would be completely unaware of this problem, it'll probably won't be fixed until FM7.

For what it's worth, I do totally buy the explanation for some cars having marked issues and eventually getting fixed. The 22B in FM6 and now Horizon 3 are noticeably improved over previous entries after many complaints. Still not perfect, but much closer to the real thing than before.

However, I doubt any update would individually fix the Supra's lights; sound files I can understand, but applying updates to car models on the fly seems like it'd take up too many resources. Given that 90% of players would be completely unaware of this problem, it'll probably won't be fixed until FM7.

I'm not sure. If a car were to be given the jump from the 360 to the XB1, doesn't it make sense to do the improvements the first time - especially considering it's paid content? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there's finally an A70 in the game but it feels like a bit of a slap in the face that after all this time it's a cut and paste - and we're paying for it.

Oh absolutely, I think it's ridiculous too. It's part of why Forza 5's DLC plan was so heavily bashed. The problem is that the message from the T10 staff member implies it's a case of simply getting it out as fast as absolutely possible to keep the more vocal minority happy; for the general consumer without an eye for detail, that's perfectly fine. But for us, it's a bit sad.

I'd rather wait for an amended version to feature in a later pack, even one outside of the Car Pass. Then again, I've always maintained they leave the best / niche cars till after the pass is over. They are a business after all.

Technically speaking, fixing a DLC car model is doable if DLC content still works the same way it did on the Xbox 360. Not very practical (as it would require a patch to replace the entire assets file for the DLC), but... Doable. And if JONK says they're looking into it, I'd be inclined to believe it.

The Supra is still bizarre to me, since it's the 2.0L. It'll make it harder to recreate this:

View attachment 612959

If you're not picky, I believe you can swap a 1JZ into the A70. Yeah, I know, that would make a JZA70 and not a Turbo-A or proper Group A race car, but hey, beggars can't be choosers?

I also believe the stock engine can be bored to three litres - another valid alternative, albeit "not a 7M-GTE".

Back