- 1992 Toyota Supra 2.0 GT Twin Turbo

Clue 1 Car 1

• It is of the past, does not exist in the present and speaks to the future

Clue 1 Car 2

• The Tifosi thought it was a ripoff.

Clue 1 Car 3

• Being trendy can also be exciting.

Clue 1 Car 4

• If it looks like a race car and drives like a race car but, does that make it a race car?

Clue 1 Car 5

• Something is missing.

Clue 1 Car 6
  • Representing a period of absolute dominance.

Clue 1 Car 7

• It was both the beginning and the end for this model.

Last edited by a moderator:
1st one scream delorean to me.

That would seem a tad obvious, which makes me doubt it.

This on the other hand fits rather well.

chevrolet-ev1-03.jpg

It's of the past.
GM destroyed most of them so except for a couple examples it doesn't exist in the present
Electric cars were the future at that point.

Wow @willbsn13, @-Fred- and @The Stig Farmer, you guys were all just ready to pounce, huh? :lol:

Seems the forums have crashed, so good thing this is copied over here. My guesses:

Clue 1: 1947 Tucker 48 - Tucker doesn't exist these days.
Clue 2: 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT - C'mon, bring this back!
Clue 3: 2015 BMW i8 - Trendy (hybrid), exciting. How much longer do we have to wait for this to be in a game?
Clue 4: SCG 003 Stradale or maybe a Radical?
Clue 5: Any number of cars that are missing their rear seats. A newer Renault? Maybe Seat will stand in for VW?
Clue 6: Hudson Hornet or Bugatti Type 35.
Clue 7: Jensen Interceptor, since it was spotted pre-release.

If it is a Grand Sport, that would mean it fits with clue 5 as it has the looks of the Z06, but doesn't have a supercharger as mentioned above.

Clue two might be the ASA 1000. It was designed at Ferrari and was intended to be an entry level car for the company, but at the last minute Enzo pulled the plug on the project so the engineers took the designs and made the car themselves.

My inner Audi fangirl really wants clue 6 to be either the new RS3 or the new TT RS.

In a way they are representing the Audi dominant era of rallying in the 80s by having a 5 cylinder engine and of course quattro.

I'm most likely wrong about this, just like I'm usually wrong about anything really. Still, one can dream...

The blurred image has to be the Slingshot. The rear is the giveaway.

slingshot-image-5.md.jpg

Was super excited at first that we get a Slingshot, but then I remembered that the horrid Drivatars ruin every open top car for photography

The blurred image has to be the Slingshot. The rear is the giveaway.

slingshot-image-5.md.jpg

Was super excited at first that we get a Slingshot, but then I remembered that the horrid Drivatars ruin every open top car for photography

No way man, it's a Corvette.

wPSAONR.jpg

Look at those partially blurred side mirrors.

There's a lot of cars that could fit in Car 1's description. I'm personally hoping it's the Chrysler Turbine Car myself:

chrysler-turbine-04.jpg

Built in the 1960's, designed specifically for the then-futuristic jet age, and all but nine of the test cars were returned to Chrysler and scrapped after people proved to be quite scared of something that revved up to 44,000 RPMs. Well, that and the fuel mileage was predictably terrible, even for those days...

DeLorean definitely. Hopefully not the concept, but the old one. And if we get the corvette I'll be a bit disappointed since it will be again a slightly different car from one's that exist in-game.

Clue #1: No idea
Clue #2: I think it's definitely the Pontiac Fiero GT '88. That car was once called as a "poor man's Ferrari" and is what inspired several mid-engine vehicles such as the Toyota MR2.
Clue #3: BMW i8 '13. The trend of such high-performance hybrid vehicles of the 21st century, along with its futuristic looks and sportiness make it match as such.
Clue #4: Radical RXC Turbo '15. Definitely matches the clue's hint, as it is literally a street-legal race car.
Clue #5: I think I would really agree with the Renault Spider '96, but with the windshield.
Clue #6: No idea
Clue #7: No idea

The Corvette Grand Super Sport Whatever would make sense, seeing as how they've already added 9 cars as DLC that're simply variants of cars we already have. So it wouldn't be far fetched they'd do it again with the Corvette.

Here'a hoping they don't, though. If they want to add a Corvette, they should add a Silver Anniversary/C3 Collectors Edition, or a C2 Z06/Grand Sport. At least those are vastly different to the ones we have currently.

No Idea, but I would prefer not to have a Car that looks exactly like one that's already in the game, just with an extra wing or something.

A BMW I8 would be sweet, A BMW that actually looks interesting.

No Idea, but I would prefer not to have a Car that looks exactly like one that's already in the game, just with an extra wing or something.

A BMW I8 would be sweet, A BMW that actually looks interesting.
The M1 pro car from FM6 would be more interesting, though. It was used quite successfully in regional rally racing in the early 80s. Primarily tarmac, but some limited gravel stages too. Would make more sense than the GT3 cars that were in the motorsports all stars pack.

So, I'll start this analysis by pointing out that so far, we haven't seen any DLC car that re-used assets already present in previous 8th-gen Forza games in Horizon 3. So, I'd rule out any FM6 car making its way into its pack. With that being said...

• It is of the past, does not exist in the present and speaks to the future: a lot of people are guessing this may be the DMC-12. And I believe they may be right... But allow me to present an alternative interpretation. Which manufacturer had its glory days in the past, is currently inactive, but is scheduled to make a grand return to the world of sportscars with a light, V8-powered voiturette that harkens back and takes its name from its most glorious model? If you said, TVR!, well, you are correct, have a Griffith Series 200 (to make up for the disappointing lack of Sunbeams in this game).

• The Tifosi thought it was a ripoff: people are saying this may be the Pontiac Fiero or any incarnation of the Toyota MR2, both cars which wear the monicker of "poor man's Ferrari" proudly. Again, that's a very good guess, but I think that mr. Johniwanna may again have tried to lull us into a false sense of security. Ripoff can also mean "scam", and the Ferrari Mondial must've felt as such to any Tifoso buying one.

• Being trendy can also be exciting: hm, maybe the warmed-up version of some trendy car? Isn't it high time that they added in the new Mini Cooper S?

• If it looks like a race car and drives like a race car but, does that make it a race car?: my money on this being the Radical RXC we're supposed to be getting at some point according to pre-release leaks.

• Something is missing: like a wheel? I want to believe there may be a Polaris Slingshot hiding behind this clue. Or perhaps a Morgan Three-Wheeler?

• Representing a period of absolute dominance: I am thinking of a car which dominated motorsports, but was derived from production - and the Volvo 240 Turbo Evolution pops to mind. Its racing brethen dominated both the world of touring car racing in 1985, winning the European championship, the DTM, and a slew of national championships. Plus, I've been waiting for a flying brick to come back to Forza since Volvo was reintroduced in FH2!

• It was both the beginning and the end for this model: I'm thinking of a car model that was so bad its short life was very justified. Maybe not the Pontiac Aztek, but how about a Pontiac 6000?

Yeah I can't imagine a C7 Grand Sport going down well with the community, I would be a bit annoyed.

I really hope Car #3 is either the BMW i8 or Tesla Model X. A Polaris Slingshot is a good shout for #5.

Car 3 could be the Bentley Bentayga now that I think of it.

It's one of the main trends right now for manufacturers to make SUVs, and with a 600bhp W12 engine it sure as hell is exciting.

EDIT: Just remembered the Maserati Levante, that fits the clue as well.

Back