December Logitech G Car Pack Thread - Now Available

• Thread starter willbsn13
  • 167 comments
What a gorgeous selection.
Why all those new racing games we have on PS4 don't have cars like that? Especially that beautiful HSV. I'm so jealous and also sad cause I had FH2 back in the day, but I had to sell the console, so kinda stuck with Assetto Corsa and Driveclub now.

Forza already has many of the cars most game developers would consider essential, so unusual additions are to be expected as the list keeps growing.

Last edited:
For those who don't believe that T10 simply copies and pastes assets from last-gen games, the Supra offers proof.
No 3rd-gen Supra ever had round tail/brake lights, but the one in previous Forza games mistakenly did.
Guess what? So does the "new for this gen of consoles" one in FH3.

For those who don't believe that T10 simply copies and pastes assets from last-gen games, the Supra offers proof.
No 3rd-gen Supra ever had round tail/brake lights, but the one in previous Forza games mistakenly did.
The fact they selected the 1992 2L TT that was in past games rather than the faster 2.5L Turbo R should've made that clear as well. Same reason a good amount of cars can't open the bonnet or boot, and why several cars still have improper years or badging or details that have been retained since the Xbox original days. (Looking at you, Ferrari 355)

I mean Toyota approves on the model before it releases, so if it's incorrect then it must have past there certification.

They're probably also working with data & model used from the 360 era, but does that mean they copy and paste? Absolutely not. Giving last gen assets the PBR treatment (as well as updating the forzavista model) isn't "copy and pasting".

I mean Toyota approves on the model before it releases, so if it's incorrect then it must have past there certification.

They're probably also working with data & model used from the 360 era, but does that mean they copy and paste? Absolutely not. Giving last gen assets the PBR treatment (as well as updating the forzavista model) isn't "copy and pasting".

Of course it's polished up for Xbox One. Still, repeating old mistakes on purpose isn't good practice. I wonder how customers would react if some manufacturer of physical scale models did the same? They'd lose customers and harm their own reputation irreversibly. Sloppy game developers can get away it because they are selling an experience in addition to the cars. Saddening how Forza doesn't have more self-respect.

If Toyota approved this particular Supra, they did so in 2005, when it debuted as part of Forza 1 on the original Xbox. We're talking a much lower level of detail, when cars were often approximated from photographs or scale models.
I have no doubts that anyone from Toyota has ever looked at it again; legal just renews the contract as needed.

Dat Bentley looks like another GTAV lowpoly frankenstein monster :grumpy: <3 Morgan and this odd HSV, but this car pack isnt worth it 🤬

December Car Pack Stats:

2015 Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 Concept

633 hp
4,497 lbs
S1 811

1996 HSV GTSR
308 hp
3591 lbs
B 669

2017 Jaguar F-PACE S
380 hp
4015 lbs
B 671

2017 Mercedes-AMG GT R
577 hp
3428 lbs
S1 869

2014 Morgan 3 Wheeler
82 hp
1200 lbs
D 325

1965 Pontiac GTO
360 hp
3468 lbs
C 515

1992 Toyota Supra 2.0 GT Twin Turbo
206 hp
3329 lbs
C 579

Amazing selection!! My favorite pack so far. Can't wait to get home and try it out. That Holden is calling me!! I don't know anything about that car, but just by looking at it, it has become my favorite of the batch.

Just out of curiosity, why did they model the F-Pace S rather than the R? Usually T10 go for the jugular and put in the best spec models?

If you can find an F-Pace R, I'm sure they would include it. :P

(Currently, the S is the top model. There's an R-Sport, but it's just a visual package.)

Scratch what I said about the Speed 6 being interesting: apparently Playground included it with the same W12 as the Conti, and it's still a porker at over two tonnes. Nevermind...

The Morgan's rear wing option: bwa ha ha ha!

Also, the engine swap from the hulking V-twin to a sport bike inline-4 apparently adds 110lbs. Heh.

I have yet to get the car pass. I think I need to just get it. Also, why no pics or video footage of the Supra?

Sometimes happens, normally because they don't have permission from the manufacturer.

It has been really evasive until now, so here it is:

F2F8BP4.jpg

PJo1U2W.jpg

If you can find an F-Pace R, I'm sure they would include it. :P

(Currently, the S is the top model. There's an R-Sport, but it's just a visual package.)

Scratch what I said about the Speed 6 being interesting: apparently Playground included it with the same W12 as the Conti, and it's still a porker at over two tonnes. Nevermind...

I stand corrected lol. Could swear I saw an F-Pace R with quad exhausts locally but as you say, it was probably just a visual package.

Confirmed. Now that I finally took these cars for a spin, the Holden is definitely my favorite. Australians make the weirdest but most awesome sport sedans. You look at this car, and it is 90's ugly (and hey, I like it!!). You would expect it to be some cheap FWD econo-box, but as expected, it is RWD and V8 powered!

The Morgan was a surprise! That car...bike is actually really fast and it sounds amazing!

The lack of exhaust pops for the GT R and F-Pace upsets me, but they do sound good accelerating. The update was huge but all the cars that were lacking supercharger or exhaust burbles are still unfixed.

I'm guessing a fair chunk of the update is Blizzard Mountain related. 1.5gb for a carpack? Lol k.

Been playing it. The VS Commo is fairly accurate, sound is close enough. The Morgan is surprisingly stable and a fun drift car. Haven't tried the rest yet.

I'm lacking superlatives for the AMG GT-R. I loved the GT-S, but man, this is on another level completely... as long as you keep it on the black stuff.

The Morgan looks so awkward and is quite fun to drive, shame you can't put the race or rally suspension on it, or even upgrade the tire widths. :/

Wow, I've just realized I am in love with the F-Pace looks. Jags have that certain aura that you just can't explain. It's not brash or anything, though. Maybe exquisiteness? (That fits Rolls Royce more I guess)

I love the current XJ and the old XKR8 too. Fine machines, those two. Shame its not added here.

The HSV GTSR is wonderful. I can't believe that is a real car, look at the funky looking spoiler and those yellow seats! It's so absurd, I love it. Also, surprisingly, I like the AMG GT-R once I got rid of the ugly green paintjob and put on some better wheels. The thing sounds lovely. Haven't had a chance to drive the rest yet.

The HSV GTSR is wonderful. I can't believe that is a real car, look at the funky looking spoiler and those yellow seats! It's so absurd, I love it. Also, surprisingly, I like the AMG GT-R once I got rid of the ugly green paintjob and put on some better wheels. The thing sounds lovely. Haven't had a chance to drive the rest yet.

I just made a video with it, its really cool. It's exagerated in a funny way. :)

Will be making videos with the other cars too...

Last edited:
I must say, I am loving this DLC even more than I expected to. It's a shame the blizzard that's on the horizon won't leave us much time to enjoy the new vehicles in peace... Although I am really looking forward to driving (and shooting) some of the new cars in the snow!

_

Contrarely to the Nissan GT-R, which was born as an homologation special, and to the Honda NSX, which was originally intended to tackle Ferraris and Porsches, the legendary Toyota Supra was born of humble origins. The A70-series was the first iteration of the model to be a standalone model rather than a Toyota Celica trim, but wasn't as ambitious as its more famous successor yet. This version of the car was powered by a punchy, high-revving 2-litre, twin turbo inline-6 - and am I the only one here who's liking the feel of the 1G more than that of the later 1JZ powerplant? It wasn't very successful in motorsports, sure, and with this more basic engine fitted it will often leave you wanting for more performance, perhaps, but it's a great child of its era, no doubt about that.

People were expecting a DeLorean this month, and in a way, they got it.
The brainchild of GM maverick John Delorean, the Pontiac GTO - originally a trim option of the Tempest, but in 1964 making its debut as a stand-alone model - is widely considered to be the first "true" muscle car. The concept of "muscle" in itself would change over time, with understated sedans and coupe cars leaving room to fastbacks with spoilers, bright colors, hood scoops and factory decals galore; but the ability to burn rubber faster than a junkyard fire remained untouched until the Malaise years.
The GTO harkens back to simpler times, when rock and roll was scandalous, people were honest and smoking didn't kill. It's not a very good vehicle for racing - soft suspension, an imprecise steering, relatively high mass and a lenght of five-point-three metres make it handle like a barge - but it's an enjoyable ride nonetheless, good for highway cruising and smoke-production alike.

Speaking of burnouts, here's the HSV GTSR.
Perhaps the most outrageous creation in the history of the Holden Special Vehicles division, the GTSR was developed in collaboration with the then-dominating Holden Racing Team and was based on the VS Commodore - which in itself was essentially an Opel Omega, name rings a bell? It featured a 215i 5.7 litre V8 engine with enough torque to rival naval diesel engines - hence the smokey nature of this car. For horespower gains, HSV offered the costly option of a blueprinted engine.
But the most controversial aspect of this car is its styling: the tall, centre-mounted carbon fiber spoiler looked almost identical to the one fitted to her track-racing sisters, and the garish yellow - sorry, Yellah - paint was bright enough to be seen a mile away. In a way, it's the same recipe Porsche would apply fifteen years later to the 911 GT3 RS - but on a 90s pedestrian sedan, and without the buongusto of Porsche's engineers, it didn't work as well.
The combination of outlandish looks and tire-shreddingness make it one of the most Australian cars ever built... And as the Australian tradition dictates, it's also a car that handles unexpectedly well; at least as much as its European counterpart of sorts, the Carlton Lotus.

I am not a huge fan of SUVs, I think that's no mistery. But I am a fan of Jaguars, big time. The F-PACE (all upper case, thanks) leaves me a bit conflicted. Oh, don't get me wrong, the horrible idea of blowing up the F-Type and XF lines worked astonishingly well - I'd say the F is a strong contender to the title of "best-looking SUV"... But at the end of the day it's still a two-tonne top-heavy car, and it shows with its lack of agility and unexpectedly sluggish acceleration. It's the best car of the worst class of cars in the game.
It is, however, a very nice car to move from point A to point B at... Road-legal pace. I'll have to give it that.

You may say the Catheram Seven - at least in its more basic, less mental high-performance versions - is the quaintest, quirkiest and plain-funniest British performance car on the market. Until 2011, you'd have been right; but that was the year Morgan introduced the 3 Wheeler, which blew the guys from Crawley out of the water (and stole my heart from the get-go).
Essentially reintroducing the original Morgan design, which has seen little change since 1911 - yeah, that's 106 years ago! - the 3 Wheeler may be the best proof yet that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is a valid life philosophy. The front-mounted engine's now an S&S-built pushrod air-cooled engine - which will greet you with a satisfying thump-thump-thump and sounds like thunder at full chatter - and the trasmission's sourced from the Mazda MX-5 parts bin, but there's little else which has been changed from the original recipe. The car's built by hand, from ashwood, in a factory which was never cutting-edge to start with and nowadays resembles more Santa's workshop than a modern automotive factory. Fitting enough for the current season, if I may add.
Is it fun to drive? I think it goes without saying. The primitive engine may only produce 115 horsepower, but the weight of 550 kilograms allow this contraption to reach 100 kilometres per hour in 4,5 seconds, and the driving dynamics are simply eccellent.

The Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 (woah! That's a mouthful) is a concept car, sure. But soon enough, a car closely resembling the EXP 10 - possibly called the Barnato in homage of the three-times Le Mans winner Woolfe - will enter production, going hand-to-hand with another gorgeous hybrid GT from an history-rich manufacturer, the Maserati Alfieri - or however the production version of that concept may be called. But already a little homage to Barnato's heritage is present on this car - in the form of the number 6 showing behind the grille. I'm sure he would be happy to lend his name to such a beauty of a car.

We never got the SLS Black Series in Forza, and at this point, I doubt we ever will. But the AMG GT R which has just joined the series car roster makes up for it well enough, I believe.
This extreme version of the latest AMG-designed sportscar lost weight (15 kilograms), gained power (75 horsepower), received a huge fixed spoiler and the vertical bars grille introduced on the GT3 car, which harkens back to the design adopted by the W194, the racing version of the original 300 SL "Gullwing".
The performance gains are very evident - the AMG GT is no slouch, but this track-devouring version has grip and pull to rival a TGV, and the sound's like that of the Halls of Valhalla. Getting it to misbehave requires titanic effort, and even then, the car just refuses to do anything which is not going very schnell. It is so good, one could almost forgive Mercedes for presenting this car in the outrageous new AMG Light Green magno color.

This month's barn was filled by a Tiger Sunbeam. Glorious car. In the world of Horizon, the "British roadster + Shelby-tuned Cobra engine" combo's even more enjoyable. And am I the only one who thinks the Sunbeam may become a dominating car in the lower classes?

Last edited:
Very nice write up, @ClydeYellow. The S&S engine in the Moggie is fascinating. They started by making performance parts for Harley-Davidson motorcycles, but were so successful, they eventually could sell you a complete H-D engine that didn't have a single H-D part in it. Now they make engines that are their own design, if still heavily influenced by H-D's architecture. The biggest single change they've made is the S&S engine is set at a 50° V rather than Harley's 45° V. That small change allows for a straighter inlet path for the carbs or fuel injection, increasing power and fuel efficiency.

Back