Defending Confort Hard Tires as the right choice

• Thread starter daltonlm
  • 91 comments
Im sorry but thats not the point. Out drifting is not a way you should look at it. The point of drifting is tandeming, Overtaking in a corner just ruins the purpose.

Even if you have a low hp car you can still keep up with comfort hards.
I use a 370z with about 530 hp. Yet I can keep up with those pesky rx7s which are just little rockets when drifting.

Because this is GT5 and not real life, We don't "actually get a choice of tires that we would see professionals use" Drifters use almost racing slick tires. But they are a special compound that actually makes them drift better. The ones in the game are for racing not drifting.

drifters don't use slicks. formula D might but i'm pretty sure D1GP requires radial street tires. can anyone corroborate on that cuz i'm not quite sure

Look. In real life when tires break friction is doesnt really make much difference what kind they are, but im not sure about slicks. So sport tires and reapistic for drifting, comfort medium or soft is, but comfort hard levels the playing field more, and are more fun

comfort hard levels the playing field a lot. SuiSlide was in a battle and the other teams leader had a high horsepower ZR-1 with racing tires and our entire team was on medium power with comfort hard tires. mr ZR-1 lost the matchup because even when we put our fastest drifter against him he was two corners ahead the entire lap, and was out of tires after the end of a few corners. had mr ZR-1 been using comfort hard tires he wouldn't have pulled away and he would have been able to follow for the 2nd lap before he ran out of tires. the car was poorly tuned and poorly set up. We refused to turn off tire wear because our entire team and some of the other team was using comfort hards, which are best once heated thoroughly and slightly worn down.
IN other words, if you plan on standing a chance against team SuiSlide in a battle then you best be runnin them comfort hards.

I understand the use of CH but I have found that CS (comfort soft) give you slidability and also gives you some grip so that you can flick the car around and not have to worry about losing control. Maybe my setup is better on cs. I don't really know.

drifters don't use slicks. formula D might but i'm pretty sure D1GP requires radial street tires. can anyone corroborate on that cuz i'm not quite sure

Nor D1GP drivers nor FD drivers use slick tires, but they use really really soft tires which could be considered as some street semi slicks.

risewithefallen
comfort hard levels the playing field a lot. SuiSlide was in a battle and the other teams leader had a high horsepower ZR-1 with racing tires and our entire team was on medium power with comfort hard tires. mr ZR-1 lost the matchup because even when we put our fastest drifter against him he was two corners ahead the entire lap, and was out of tires after the end of a few corners. had mr ZR-1 been using comfort hard tires he wouldn't have pulled away and he would have been able to follow for the 2nd lap before he ran out of tires. the car was poorly tuned and poorly set up. We refused to turn off tire wear because our entire team and some of the other team was using comfort hards, which are best once heated thoroughly and slightly worn down.
IN other words, if you plan on standing a chance against team SuiSlide in a battle then you best be runnin them comfort hards.

Well first of all I don't think there should be a "Level playing ground". I've taken the time to tune my car which includes the tires. I like the Idea of a Street legal class for that. Pro class should be open selection on everything because I personally Want to see the best push the limit.

when talking to ttch and we decided that cm are good for messin around and for high powered cars but when it comes to the drift comps use ch as keeps the the field more even as the wheels just create more smoke than speed

when talking to ttch and we decided that cm are good for messin around and for high powered cars but when it comes to the drift comps use ch as keeps the the field more even as the wheels just create more smoke than speed

Yea I pretty much think the same!

GT5 should just put in the game drift tires.

Or tires that are super slippery but durable and controllable "sort of like comfort hards."

Theres lot of things That should be in this game

Adjust tire width.
Adjust rim size/tire profile.
Actual Body kits
Drifting tires
Engine swapping
More rims

And the list keeps going on, and on, and on.

Yeah it's pretty sad that PD secured the licenses for D1GP and WRC, but do absolutely nothing with them in terms of series or even events. You just get the same tired cars and tracks from the previous games, and some have higher poly counts or weather. I guess we should be grateful that GT5 even got released.

Theres lot of things That should be in this game

Adjust tire width.
Adjust rim size/tire profile.
Actual Body kits
Drifting tires
Engine swapping
More rims

And the list keeps going on, and on, and on.

What are drifting tires?
Theres no such thing in real life, and on a sim if you get the tire modelisation/physics, properly you don't need to tweak physics to make drift close to real.

Willfred_1

I'll give you that because you don't really go faster through the turns. It's The turn in speed that's faster. But again after attending Real D1 events that's the way it's done as well as the tricks drivers use to trip up drifters like opening a hole to pass, then speeding up and closing it.

I use CS, dont kill me. *innocent look*

I just like their sense of speed better, also i like the handling of CS more, i can pull epic angles and link long drifts with CS.

I have nothing against people who use CH or CM tho, i use CM for weaker cars :)

Also, the argument of CS creating little smoke is wrong ;)

But how much laps can you do (lets say of trial mountain) with CS.
I had an Aristo that made 500+hp (maybe even 600hp I can't remember), and the tires wear out really fast.

I use CS, dont kill me. *innocent look*

I just like their sense of speed better, also i like the handling of CS more, i can pull epic angles and link long drifts with CS.

I have nothing against people who use CH or CM tho, i use CM for weaker cars :)

Also, the argument of CS creating little smoke is wrong ;)

You like the sense of speed mroe, go drag racing. Drifting is about control, and not about speed. And saying you can link long drifts and so, i would like to see you do Fuji D1.

If you go back a few post of Mine, you'll see I mention a Drifter on Comfortz Thats faster than me, well his name is Troopastyle.....Dudes no joke, Drifted with him again last night. Dude is Ridiculous fast.

You like the sense of speed mroe, go drag racing. Drifting is about control, and not about speed. And saying you can link long drifts and so, i would like to see you do Fuji D1.

Why raging against me huh? I think i said that i have nothing against HD or HM and sometimes use them, for **** sake, sense of speed - Like reality, also having a smaller time window of correcting your mistake. Loosen up, ffs.

But how much laps can you do (lets say of trial mountain) with CS.
I had an Aristo that made 500+hp (maybe even 600hp I can't remember), and the tires wear out really fast.

Uh.. i dont know, i usually drift until my tires are totally zeroed(When the wearing off is on) and then change them, i usually can do 3-4 laps with my GT 350Z, But i have set that for angle and smoke and the car itself is pretty powerful.

Why raging against me huh? I think i said that i have nothing against HD or HM and sometimes use them, for **** sake, sense of speed - Like reality, also having a smaller time window of correcting your mistake. Loosen up, ffs.

I am not raging at you, lol... Im just saying... what kind of speeds do you think they have at Fuji D1? In my opinion, softs and those speeds, you wont link those corners, simple as.

LOL this thread is very funny tho, btw I use comfort soft as D1 Spec. And I am G27 user.

I wonder how you figured out that CS are used by D1 cars, any uh... sources confirming that?

By the way I can't take your opinion seriously when you have two posts here, no disrespect.

Dont all the D1/Drift cars on the game come with SH tyres as standard?

Because this is GT5 and not real life, We don't "actually get a choice of tires that we would see professionals use" Drifters use almost racing slick tires. But they are a special compound that actually makes them drift better. The ones in the game are for racing not drifting.

Real life drift tyres are a street legal tyre. Yokohama Advan neova AD07's are a popular drift tyre they are perfectly road legal & are far from a slick.

I use CH's but I do like the added feel in the feedback you get when using CM or CS.

I am not raging at you, lol... Im just saying... what kind of speeds do you think they have at Fuji D1? In my opinion, softs and those speeds, you wont link those corners, simple as.

Sure you can with the right gearing.

I don't get all this level playing crap, because there isn't any in d1 or fd. Why do you think they either started boosting corollas or dropping them altogether?

I think tires shouldn't matter in comps. If that person is confident in their ability to follow using cs, they should be allowed to run them. We all know what happens when they lead and that's what I think the real issue is.

It makes sense in lounges because it would get very annoying when noobs enter with god knows what ramming every thing/one in sight.

Sure you can with the right gearing.

I don't get all this level playing crap, because there isn't any in d1 or fd. Why do you think they either started boosting corollas or dropping them altogether?

I think tires shouldn't matter in comps. If that person is confident in their ability to follow using cs, they should be allowed to run them. We all know what happens when they lead and that's what I think the real issue is.

It makes sense in lounges because it would get very annoying when noobs enter with god knows what ramming every thing/one in sight.

Actually not true. FD has been running a tire size limit according to weight for the past 3 years or so. So yes they do create a level playing field. I am sure d1 is the same way, no way are they going to let someone run a tire that gives them such a huge grip boost without anyone complaining about it.

I know that, that's understood. I was talking compound wise. If i'm sponsored by federal, they'll send me their rs-r line in whatever size I prefer within fd or d1 guide lines. Do you think fd or d1 would stop me from running the ss model (which isn't a bad tire) or another inferior tire from their line? They'll laugh at my ignorance if anything.

I know that, that's understood. I was talking compound wise. If i'm sponsored by federal, they'll send me their rs-r line in whatever size I prefer within fd or d1 guide lines. Do you think fd or d1 would stop me from running the ss model (which isn't a bad tire) or another inferior tire from their line? They'll laugh at my ignorance if anything.

Daigo Saito supposedly runs achilles front and rear. They are not that grippy. It is up to the driver to run a tire that suits him as long as it is a DOT compliant tire that is not under a certain treadwear rating.

Back