Definition...

• Thread starter ving
  • 74 comments
Change the Cobra to muscle car, power house isn't a correct term, and the 22B isn't a rally car, it's a road car, more suited to sportscar or super saloon.

2F2F I think you should throw the boxster down to a "sports car" and not an "almost super car"

heh...they may look nice and all, but they are world wide know as the "poor mans porshce" in english that means it's not that fast

Originally posted by PunkRock
Sports car: Supra, Skyline, RX7, Corvette, Tuscan, etc...

Supercar: Viper, Zonda, XJ220, R390, GT-One, Speed 12, Ruf CTR2, etc...

Well that might be your definition but it may not be any one else. Supercar depends on ur prefernce as said before. I would count Skyline and NSX as supercar. :D

Add to that he's put the Viper as a supercar but the Tuscan as a sports car, he must be American cos the Tuscan is quicker and lighter and it uses more moder techniques.

Originally posted by 2F2F

Almost supercars
Westfield XTR2

The XTR2 may be the fastest road-legal track car in the world, but it's top end speed leaves a LOT to be desired - 145mph maximum - pretty much the same as the Honda Integra Type-R.

Okay, I threw in a couple of stinkers :D But I wanted to see how they arrived in people's heads... :D

Why didn't you put cars you don't know about into a section marked "No idea - never heard of it"? No-one would think any the less of you.

XTR2-6.jpg

westfieldxtr2-tn.jpg

As you can see from the registration plate affixed on the second car, it is actually road legal...

There's a white line between the two headlights... THAT'S the registration plate.

Little car? It outlaps all but a Radical SR3 round the Nurburgring.

First of all, looks. A supercar has to be visually arresting, needs to attract attention when standing still, in a parking lot or at the side of the road. A car enthusiast will walk over to it, peer round it, check its lines are as dramatic in the metal as they were when he drooled over them in his regular motoring magazine. But a true supercar will also catch the eye of those who have little interst in great feats of motor engineering. On the move, the real test of a car's visual appeal is whether it attracts attention from drivers travelling in the opposite direction on a motorway. If their eyes are drawn across six carriageways to your vehicle (or if they hang out the window to take pictures), you're in a supercar.

So you 2 (someone else said something like this a post or 2 down) are saying that that Ford could take their F-150 and boost the engine up to about 600 hp, take off the muffler(straight pipes, whatever) and spray paint it a bunch of different colors and that would qualify as a supercar. It meets everything you 2 said, Lots HP/very fast, eye catching, loud

Ford could take their F-150 and boost the engine up to about 600 hp, take off the muffler(straight pipes, whatever) and spray paint it a bunch of different colors and that would qualify as a supercar.

no because its a pickup ;) I think ford actually made a hot pickup and tagged it the lightning....BTW the viper V10 originates in the dodge dakota pickup...

Back