DeLorean Race Oct 21, 2015 - Highlight Video Added

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 205 comments

Best Looking DeLorean

• Total voters
Did a free run on Deep Forest. My best was 1:19.3 but it still needs more tuning. I haven't tried Daytona yet.
So far round Deep Forest (online with tire wear) I've managed:

1:22.1 - Dome Zero
This little beast can be quite a handful, but loads of fun and feels faster than the DMC. Not sure if this is the car for me... Spent ages tuning, not sure how much more handling improvements can be made.

1:21.3 - Delorean DMC-12g
Painted Gold to match the silly ott gold plated limited edition they made. Much easier to handle than the Dome which for a RR car is a feat of engineering. Easy to throw around but I'm still running the stock spring rate which is maybe too soft.

Lots of work to do on my tunes - not basing them on any other tune (mine or others), so all fresh for these races! BTW I'm not a tuning wizard... one day though 💡

So far round Deep Forest (online with tire wear) I've managed:

1:22.1 - Dome Zero
This little beast can be quite a handful, but loads of fun and feels faster than the DMC. Not sure if this is the car for me... Spent ages tuning, not sure how much more handling improvements can be made.

1:21.3 - Delorean DMC-12g
Painted Gold to match the silly ott gold plated limited edition they made. Much easier to handle than the Dome which for a RR car is a feat of engineering. Easy to throw around but I'm still running the stock spring rate which is maybe too soft.

Lots of work to do on my tunes - not basing them on any other tune (mine or others), so all fresh for these races! BTW I'm not a tuning wizard... one day though 💡
Nice. Which tyre wear setting were you using?

I'm so impressed by how much you are practicing, guys. 👍
Don't burn up all your Credits though, you might need them down the line lol.
But it's true, practice makes perfect.

Maybe we should decide on a date and time soon, something that works for Mik in Canada and us over here in Europe and also gamer
in Tokyo.
Hmm.. that's just about across the entire planet Earth. :boggled:

I'm so impressed by how much you are practicing, guys. 👍
Don't burn up all your Credits though, you might need them down the line lol.
But it's true, practice makes perfect.

Maybe we should decide on a date and time soon, something that works for Mik in Canada and us over here in Europe and also gamer
in Tokyo.
Hmm.. that's just about across the entire planet Earth. :boggled:
Well I'm done tuning my Dome. I will be off work for two weeks for Christmas so the time is not a problem for me.

in Tokyo.
@FergusMik Will you host Mini races on Wednesday January 7th? Maybe we could do this Dome/DeLorean event 1½ hours before you open up the Mini room.
Would that work for you?

Is there going to be any race - for fun..maybe..today
Good idea Smiley 👍

I can go online at ~9-10pm GMT. How about you?

I could race today :-)
👍

@FergusMik Will you host Mini races on Wednesday January 7th? Maybe we could do this Dome/DeLorean event 1½ hours before you open up the Mini room.
Would that work for you?

Good idea Smiley 👍

I can go online at ~9-10pm GMT. How about you?

👍
If you want to run this anytime between now and then is fine, throw out some dates? I'm not sure about Jan 7th, I may not be home in time. I'm busy Dec 24th/25, 28th and 31st.

I'm busy Dec 24th/25, 28th and 31st.
I'm away between December 23-27 but other than that I should be able to make almost any day.
@gkgamer you can have a say too since you are so far ahead in the time zones.

Smiley, copes and I had a few test races yesterday.
Really fun. I was nowhere near their pace at Deep Forest but I had their number at Monaco at least. ;)
Nordschleife was great, guys. :)

bildercopes2_zps0f65cb50.jpg~original

How cool are these helmets and suits?
I'd like to use them for my driver.

bildercopes3_zps98c90d4b.jpg~original

bildercopes1_zpsa8d60907.jpg~original

Here's what happened to me before while testing solo at the Nordschleife;

bildercopes4_zps00c4049e.jpg~original

Great! The grid is filling up nicely.

The Dome is a lot of fun but I'm struggling to be consistent with it. I think there will be lots of overtaking in the race :)

Back