DeLorean Race Oct 21, 2015 - Highlight Video Added

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 205 comments

Best Looking DeLorean

• Total voters
That must have been the best lobby quality I've ever raced in.
No hiccups, disconnections or invisible drivers.

Things went very smoothly and I'm glad twelve of us found it interesting enough
to race a standard car with PS2 graphics on a nine year old console.
You were missed out there Zo & suts. 👍

Has to be one of the closest intense races I've had in ages with some really close racing throughout
I've never had a race like this one before and I enjoyed every minute of it, it was pack racing
all the way and overtakes galore and we still managed to keep it clean.
I saw four wide many times and it worked out well.

I'll cherish this replay and have a feeling I will watch it more than once.
It's such a great location too, SSR5.

Thanks for hosting a BTTF event on this special day. 👍
Mallet, it's exactly one hour to go until Doc & Marty arrives in Hill Valley.
It's 3:29 there now and they arrive with the DeLorean at 4:29.

I found this video earlier. A very nice message from 76-year old Christopher Lloyd.

And today's his birthday!, October 22, 1938.

About the boost: that's mess up everyone's driving. In the lead driving is kind of handbreak on and back of the pack it's kind of turbo charge. My best lap time in race was over 2s slower than I would have done in normal settings and there was someone who has 1'48!
I'd done one race with boost (accidently) before and there was one driver who did pitstops when other didn't and still this guy was always pulled back to pack.
So yes its good for getting everyone together and race with pack.
One point in the race (when I was leading) I did try how much time I could get between me and 2nd. It was little over 2s and you just can't pull away from other.
Race was fun but I didn't like/enjoy it because of the boost.

You were missed out there Zo & suts. 👍
The race and meet sounds like it was an amazing success. Well done Jocke and racers for getting together for this race. 👍:bowdown::cool: Sorry to hear Zo didn't make it.

I was having my own BTTF yesterday as I'm holidaying in Tenerife. I was last here in 1993 on a lads holiday just after graduating. :D
I was travelling fast yesterday too but on water via the biggest water park here Siam Park. More scary than racing you guys!! :eek::D
:cheers:

Firstly I must say, well done Jocke! I think that you did Marty and that bloke with the big hair proud. I admire your dedication to getting the event as closely tied to the 'reality' of BTTF as you did.

But I must add...........

Race was fun but I didn't like/enjoy it because of the boost.

I would be quoting Mallet too, but I don't seem to be able to import quotes from different pages.

The boost wasn't the reason I didn't race yesterday fellas, it was just my circumstances. But I have to say, following the Ferrari racing on Tuesday, I agree with Mallet and Jammy. This of course an entirely personal point of view and for those who like the large group racing that boost promotes then it must be fantastic.

However, for me it gives me a sense of 'Why bother?' when you can make a monumental cock up, and then catch Dusty at more than five seconds a lap. When I was only four seconds behind him I was still able to put in quicker sectors than he could. That just makes me feel like a fraud and completely ruins the race.

Having said that, it seems like there are those who enjoy what it brings, and enjoyment is the primary objective as far as I am concerned. So, if there is a call for it I'm happy to use boost occasionally on Tuesdays. I'll just be an interested onlooker rather than taking part.

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the race, even with the boost. It made the racing really close, and you couldn't switch off at all. I can agree with those who don't like the boost, I couldn't always race with as I prefer no boost, however, in these low powered cars it worked really well!

Thanks Jocke, I'll see you at SSR5 at the same time yesterday!

First off, sorry to anyone for any contact here and there. My views were mixed up for some reason. When I pressed look right it gave me the left view and visa-versa! This confused my ageing brain since the surrounding cars didn't appear where I thought they should be. At first I thought one view was the past and the other the future. :dopey:
It didn't help at all in spotting the cars around me, so I might have appeared to cut off or drift into others at times - it was unintentional. Again apologies.

Weeellll, I quite liked the boost - for this race at least. :nervous:
It sure helped out an average racer like myself. Although I wasn't really going to catch the usual suspects out front, it made me think I could. And at least I could see them at times. :)

The 40 minutes flew by because there was always someone to race with and overtake (Oh yes, and get overtaken by). Without the boost keeping the pack together I would have probably have ended up lapping by myself at some point and gotten bored. That's usually my "Why bother" moment.

But I agree it isn't for everyone and for every race. It's not appropriate for "serious" racing. But for smile on the face fun among clean racing friends - it was great I thought. Certainly worth the try out. (And who wants to be serious all the time)

It was quite addictive, I might need to try it again :scared:

Anyway I'm glad I (only just) made the final(?) BTTF race. Thanks for running the event Jocke. :cheers:
And cheers to everyone else for a fun evening. Marty and Doc would indeed be proud.

Glad to hear you're OK Zo.
I haven't seen bergele (@Cu3e) lately either - hope he's OK too.
@Sutsagrd - Have a cocktail for me.

(Rodent update: At 2:50am I managed to catch the mouse and put it outside!)

Mild boost -"Touched by The Hand Of Kaz" - Copyright @tarnheld ;)
Full boost - "Kicked by The Boot Of Kaz" - Copyright Me

Last edited:
Hehe, i know those problems all too well... really awful when this happens while you are hosting. :scared: :lol: Our cat is so lazy she forgets that she has caught a mouse and lets them slip under the furniture most of the time. :crazy:

There was Watergate... now we have Boostgate. :lol:

Boost or no boost I will remember this race as something intense and fun,
which was the intention all along.
Positions constantly changed among us.

I thank you all for participating.

I added a poll at the top for best looking DeLorean of the night.

tangerine%20dream%20bttf_zpstvv7mpb0.jpg~original

@jammy21 @cgg @cokebloke @Dustybin @buybon355 @IfAndOr
@qken @tarnheld @gkgamer @S_Bridge

There was Watergate... now we have Boostgate. :lol:

Boost or no boost I will remember this race as something intense and fun,
which was the intention all along.
Positions constantly changed among us.

I thank you all for participating.

I added a poll at the top for best looking DeLorean of the night.

tangerine%20dream%20bttf_zpstvv7mpb0.jpg~original

@jammy21 @cgg @cokebloke @Dustybin @buybon355 @IfAndOr
@qken @tarnheld @gkgamer @S_Bridge

I think you forgot @FlatPlaneCrank who did retire mid-race,
and for those who have not noticed, my car was covered in this petroleus goo that appears when travelling through the realms of time...
image.jpeg

Ah, I love Family Guy.

I thought I'd seen most of the episodes (many times) but I can't remember that one! It's one to watch out for.
I've seen every episode up until the most recent one or two series' & some/most of the recent ones too.
I don't remember which episode it's from, or even if it is from an episode. It could be from a video game or something like that.

It must have required some care to find a clip that was AUP friendly. :)

GREAT SCOTT! I finally uploaded the race to YouTube.
This could create a time paradox, the result of which could
cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of
the space time continuum!
tumblr_mv2btgbqj11sfc6p7o1_500.gif

Drivers @Dustybin @jammy21 @gkgamer @cgg @buybon355
@flatplanecrank @tarnheld @qken @cokebloke @S_Bridge @IfAndOr

While I have your attention here I'd love some feedback on my first "resource added track"
that I put up today. It's in the signature. Thanks

Scientists discovered a gravitational wave event just 5 weeks before the DeLorean race. They think it was caused by two medium size black holes merging. Coincidence, or just enough time for space-time disturbances caused by the race traveling back in time to be reflected at the Oort cloud and be detected at the earth 5 weeks earlier??? :odd:

Last edited:
Scientists discovered a gravitational wave event just 5 weeks before the DeLorean race. They think it was caused by two medium size black holes merging. Coincidence, or just enough time for space-time disturbances caused by the race traveling back in time to be reflected at the Oort cloud and be detected at the earth 5 weeks earlier???

: D

Latest Posts

Back