DeLorean Race Oct 21, 2015 - Highlight Video Added

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 205 comments

Best Looking DeLorean

• Total voters
💡 I too had the pleasure of tailing Dusty... well, for half a lap once he'd lapped me :bowdown:

That was at Deep forest.. I had far too many accidents in comparison to my practice. But!!! I'm new at online races and the pressure/nerves will abate as I get more experience... so I hope lol

As for Daytona... the sideways banked grid start was crazy! The car wanted to donut on the start line due to slipping down the bank when the start made the track live. Must practice that for future races as it cost me 3 places.

Last edited:
I managed a couple of laps almost hanging on to the leaders shirt tails, but just too quick for me. Had a laugh trying to enter the pitlane at full speed, got pinged onto the grass with a shortcut penalty for my efforts lol. Slowed a bit the following lap and it let me in that time. Had a good wee battle with Gamer for a few laps, both in front of and following - really enjoyed it.

Deep forest was great fun too, Dome pivots so well there, really rewards precision. So two 4th from the main events was more than I expected after practice, but I did add a little front camber which seemed to help.

Anyway, here's a picture of my office view today as Edinburgh prepare for their annual street party. Not the main stage, just a wee side stage outside the office

Happy New Year everyone!

10888622_763193993775413_4233073815258535018_n.jpg

Great night once again
Thanks a lot bb.
The car wanted to donut on the start line
I know, I went to 2nd gear a.s.a.p. :lol:
Deep forest was great fun too, Dome pivots so well there, really rewards precision.
Yes the Dome at Deep Forest was a great drive. A lot of fun corners there in that car.
So two 4th from the main events
I have you at 4th and 5th in my replays. O_o
here's a picture of my office view today
Nice to see. 👍

thanks for participating @Dustybin @gkgamer @cgg @buybon355 @RMan72 @Cu3e @FergusMik @SmileyWRX
@Wayne Gratiot and @Team Ape

sorry you couldn't be there with us @copes24

Daytona result
DomeDeLoreanDaytona_zps684d5879.jpg~original

Deep Forest result
DomeDeLoreanDeepForest_zpsa966f9b4.jpg~original

I was disappointed at Daytona but GK drove a better race than me. I loved that race but I made too many mistakes.

I liked the event, it was much fun.
I watched the replay of the Daytona race because I needed to know the details of this very fun mini-enduro.
So let me share a few facts that I found interesting:

- @SmileyWRX took the pole ahead of @cgg and @Dustybin.

- fact is that if you watch @Dustybin 's total Dome mileage on the grid at Daytona it reads 0 total miles meaning that he gave the Dome a first run during the Q session!!!
@cgg was also very impressive with a really late tryout of the Dome during the pre-race warmup that gave him approx.20km of total mileage before the race.
But this allowed him to tweak a little bit the dome, like I guess every other car that was raced at Daytona... except @Dustybin 's.
Because yeah if you hadn't noticed yet, @Dustybin hit the rev. limiter in 5th gear in every single lap from the line to corner#1.
I am not sure whether it was the stock gearbox but it sure had stock wheels.
So even with a top speed 10-15km/h slower than anyone else he still puts >1" separation between his fastest lap and the 2nd fastest lap (was it @cgg or @SmileyWRX I can't remember who was on top but there was only a 0"020 difference between #2 and #3)

- I think that fastest lap times give a really good picture of the skills displayed by every driver. We have @Dustybin followed by @cgg and @SmileyWRX and then the rest of us...

- I have, like other people did, entered the pit too fast and it rebooted me at the pit entrance and then I got stuck exiting the pits. I loss roughly >10" before hitting start and being able to resume racing. Is it possible that is was a penalty for breaking the speed limit in the pits?

- Let us not forget in this happy time of the year the tragedy that hit @cgg 's crew with the accident in the pit lane invloving Front-right wheel technician T.Maeda and his team car. Get well soon Maeda!

Nice overview GK!!! I wondered why I suddenly overtook Dusty on the straight, I just though he braked earlier than me haha. We should do another event like this soon because it was brilliant.

What happened to my crew member, I was too focused to see anything?

meaning that he gave the Dome a first run during the Q session!!!
@Dustybin hit the rev. limiter in 5th gear in every single lap from the line to corner#1.
So even with a top speed 10-15km/h slower than anyone else he still puts >1" separation between his fastest lap and the 2nd fastest lap

Hey @FergusMik I can just hear The Doc and Marty talking about Dusty;

dusty future.jpg

Marty: So we go back to the future, and we stop Dusty from becoming so talented and fast.
Doc: We can't, because if we travel into the future from this point in time, it will be the future of this reality, in which Dusty is an alien, powerful, and married to your mother, and in which this has happened to me!
No, our only chance to repair the present is in the past, at the point where the time line skewed into this tangent. In order to put the universe back as we remember it and get back to our reality, we have to find out the exact date and specific circumstances of how, when, and where young Dusty got his hands on that talent.
Marty: I'll ask him.
cgg
We should do another event like this soon because it was brilliant.
👍 :)

It was fun to me how people/hosts from so many different clubs joined in.
Caterham 7 Club, 2C4C, Classic Mini Club, Cappuccino Club, Geezer Club and the BMW Z8 Club.

Hopefully you guys have watched the trilogy before, otherwise things won't make much sense. :dopey:

I was surprised the grid in the Dome/DeLorean races got so big, so I'd like to check for the interest in
having another evening of races.

This time the Dome will have to take a back seat and let the DeLorean have all the fun.
I have set the date to Saturday January 17th, exactly two weeks from now. The event time is up for debate.
I should be able to manage whatever time we decide upon.

images

Doc
: Well, there are plenty worse places to be than the Old West.
I could've ended up in the Dark Ages.

Indians.jpg

Race #1 (Dry & Sunny)

itsfromtheDoc1_zpsec37dddf.jpg~original

images

Marty:
Doc! You're not gonna believe this, we gotta go back to 1955.
Doc: I don't believe it!

fanda1_zps163fb456.png~original

1955 Doc: Yes, well, I'm hoping to see some lightning tonight.
1985 Doc: Oh t
here's going to be plenty of rain all right.

Race #2 (100% rain)
itsfromtheDoc2_zpsddc3c228.jpg~original

images

Doc: You've got to get out and change clothes.
Marty: Right now? It's pouring rain.
Doc: Wait five more seconds.
Doc: Right on the tick. Amazing. Absolutely amazing.
Too bad the post office isn't as efficient as the GT6 weather service.

Race #3 (Dry)
itsfromtheDoc3_zpsa991dd73.jpg~original

fanda2_zpsf277af0b.jpg~original

Marty: Where are we? When are we?
Doc: We're descending toward Fuji Valley, Japan, at 8:29 pm, on Saturday, January 17th, 2015.
Marty: 2015? You mean we're in the future !?

images

Marty: I had a horrible nightmare. It was terrible.
Lorraine: Well, you're safe and sound now. Back on the good old Fuji grid.
Marty: The Fuji grid !!?

Race #4 (Dry & Sunny)
itsfromtheDoc4_zps9a8c0eb4.jpg~original

My idea is that we do four races. Willow Springs: Streets of Willow (representing the old West in 1885), Sierra (representing 1955, it feels very fifties at Sierra anyway), SSR5 (representing 1985, the whole area has a very eighties feel to it) and Fuji (representing modern day 2015).

All four races will be ten minute endurance races and race #1 will see a five-minute solo qualifying session.

The following three race grids will be decided by the previous race results (fastest first).

Same settings as before;

300 BHP
1,100 KG
RH tyres

Light Damage
Realistic slipstream / tyres / fuel
Strong Penalties

Marty: I'll show you, kid. I'm a crack driver at GT6.
Video Game Boy #1: You mean you have to use your hands?
Video Game Boy #2: That's like a baby's toy!

Last edited:
Hopefully you guys have watched the trilogy before, otherwise things won't make much sense.
No I haven't and no it didn't! :lol:

It all looks like it's up to your usual well thought out standard though. 👍

Keep those ideas coming Jocke and it'll be an interesting 2015.

Free Tuning, Free Turbo
Now where do I collect my free tuning & turbo vouchers from?

Hopefully you guys have watched the trilogy before, otherwise things won't make much sense. :dopey:

I was surprised the grid in the Dome/DeLorean races got so big, so I'd like to check for the interest in
having another evening of races.

This time the Dome will have to take a back seat and let the DeLorean have all the fun.
I have set the date to Saturday January 17th, exactly two weeks from now. The event time is up for debate.
I should be able to manage whatever time we decide upon.

images

Doc
: Well, there are plenty worse places to be than the Old West.
I could've ended up in the Dark Ages.

Indians.jpg

Race #1 (Dry & Sunny)

itsfromtheDoc1_zpsec37dddf.jpg~original

images

Marty:
Doc! You're not gonna believe this, we gotta go back to 1955.
Doc: I don't believe it!

fanda1_zps163fb456.png~original

1955 Doc: Yes, well, I'm hoping to see some lightning tonight.
1985 Doc: Oh t
here's going to be plenty of rain all right.

Race #2 (100% rain)
itsfromtheDoc2_zpsddc3c228.jpg~original

images

Doc: You've got to get out and change clothes.
Marty: Right now? It's pouring rain.
Doc: Wait five more seconds.
Doc: Right on the tick. Amazing. Absolutely amazing.
Too bad the post office isn't as efficient as the GT6 weather service.

Race #3 (Dry)
itsfromtheDoc3_zpsa991dd73.jpg~original

fanda2_zpsf277af0b.jpg~original

Marty: Where are we? When are we?
Doc: We're descending toward Fuji Valley, Japan, at 8:29 pm, on Saturday, January 17th, 2015.
Marty: 2015? You mean we're in the future !?

images

Marty: I had a horrible nightmare. It was terrible.
Lorraine: Well, you're safe and sound now. Back on the good old Fuji grid.
Marty: The Fuji grid !!?

Race #4 (Dry & Sunny)
itsfromtheDoc4_zps9a8c0eb4.jpg~original

My idea is that we do four races. Willow Springs: Streets of Willow (representing the old West in 1885), Sierra (representing 1955, it feels very fifties at Sierra anyway), SSR5 (representing 1985, the whole area has a very eighties feel to it) and Fuji (representing modern day 2015).

All four races will be ten minute endurance races and race #1 will see a five-minute solo qualifying session.

The following three race grids will be decided by the previous race results (fastest first).

Same settings as before;

300 BHP
1,100 KG
RH tyres

Free Tuning, Free Turbo & Colors
Light Damage
Realistic slipstream / tyres / fuel
Strong Penalties

Now don't be a complete butthead and fit a rear wing on your DeLorean.
No matter what Harsk says it doesn't look very good. :dopey:

Marty: I'll show you, kid. I'm a crack driver at GT6.
Video Game Boy #1: You mean you have to use your hands?
Video Game Boy #2: That's like a baby's toy!

I'm definitely in! 👍

Just checking to see if this will still go down on Saturday as planned.
If the grid is only a couple guys we should wait for a better slot on a week-day or something.

How many drivers are still interested for Saturday 17th, at 3pm EST / 8pm GMT?

Pie Man available.

So let's do it. :) Grid doesn't have to be big if the company is good. Which it is, I see above.

Some of you may remember we talked about John DeLorean and his cocaine / drug trafficking charges
when we raced the Dome's and DeLorean's last time.

I just read more about him and his life at Wikipedia, here's the link;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_DeLorean

Back