////Delphic Reason's Drift Videos\\\\

Excellent drifting, the miata at seattle had some sick angles.

Although some of the drifts at midfield looked, staged to be blunt. The car had straightened out and in the next camera view it was sideways? :)

Good drifting though, better than I could do. 👍

luftrofl
Excellent drifting, the miata at seattle had some sick angles.

Although some of the drifts at midfield looked, staged to be blunt. The car had straightened out and in the next camera view it was sideways? :)

Good drifting though, better than I could do. 👍

What!?!?!?... I have never staged anything, and I certainly would not start with this vid... Watch it again closely, and you will see there is no trickery... No frame monkeying of any kind... I resent the fact that anyone would think I would do such a thing... Please don't start such unsubtantiated rumors... None of the cars ever "straightened out"... Sometimes the camera angles can play tricks on ya... The Midfield II link with the Sileighty and the Silverado SS were both completely legit... I can do it again, if anyone really needs me to prove it...

;)

luftrofl
I have no doubt that you can do it.

I could have worded that better. =\

The point is, I did do it... It wasn't a trick... I'm not sure why you thought it was, to be honest... I just watched the vid again, and I'm not seeing the problem... Everything looks kosher to me... Anyone else notice this?...

;)

luftrofl
Dude chill out!

I did not mean for this to be a threat to your skill and I apologize that you took it that way. =\

It has nothing to do with skill... It has to do with someone saying I didn't do something that I obviously did... No one is yelling or getting out of hand, so drop the "chill out" nonsense... If you didn't mean what you said, please explain... I can only infer from what I read... I'm not mad at you... It's always hard to tell emotional content from forum, or IM communication... Don't sweat it bud... I just wanted to clear the air, as it were... Everything done in the vid, was accomplished with no trickery... Even the parts that change to different camera angles (i.e. close up of driver through the SSR5 tunnel) was edited to sync up perfectly, and was captured all from one single clip... Not a series of clips to make one drift, or any nonsense like that...

;)

i have recently downloaded the clip! speechless my man! absolutely speechless! have you got any other clips other than positive lock? or point me to good drift videos thanks! :)

~~~~ Jase

jase86
i have recently downloaded the clip! speechless my man! absolutely speechless! have you got any other clips other than positive lock? or point me to good drift videos thanks! :)

~~~~ Jase

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it... I don't have any other GT4 vids yet, but I am currently working on a few projects... One of which will be a sequal to one of my most popular GT3 vids, "Countersteer Zero"... The other is a fully RWD vid which has yet to be named... If you want to keep an eye on my progress, as well as check out other cool vid projects, drop by the IDM forums...

www.lsdrift.com/iboard

;)

tabs
Holy mother of Jesus, not since CudaMan's Gran Dorifto have I seen a video this mind-blowingly awesome. Nice work, man! 👍

Ok I'm JUST looking for EXACTLY this:eek::dopey: I'M GONNA DOWNLOAD THIS FREAKIN VID:drool::eek::crazy:

:P Sometimes I wanna spoil myself too:P;)

Just finished Positive Lock... great driving, and terrific editing to boot! I think this one may become a definitive video for this board... :P

Thanks niky... I'm glad you enjoyed it... I'm always happy when my vids bring individuals from other forums into the drift forum, albeit for a short time... Good to see ya in here...

;)

LOL. I "lurk" here occassionally... but since I only "speed-drift" (in races on no-downforce cars) and occassionally, at that, "show-drift" techniques only mildly interest me (read: I just can't do it. :lol: ). Drift-vids are another thing :D . Keep up the good work!

Thanks Delphic Reason for great clips.

Could you share some of the setups you are using in the videos? I am new to drifting, though I do know quite alot about chassis setup.

I especially would be interested about the setup on the 911 RS. Also, as a car to start practicing drifting, what would you recommend?

Some questions also about the tuning parts available in the game. There was an article in Evo (www.evo.co.uk) magazine about John Barker's Nissan 200 nx where he modified the car for drifting competitions. If I remember correctly, he used a special differential suitable for drifting which was manufactured by Tomei or something like that. Are there any similar items available in the tuning parts or do you use a fully adjustable differential?

Regards,

Baranoid

I just watched Positive Lock, DR, and all I can say is HOLY BEEEEEP BEEP Beep beeeeep BEEEEEEEP!!!!

BEEEPing brilliant!!! I gotta know some things though, HOW THE BEEEEP do you keep up those drifts so long??? Like the 240SX on the uphill right hander on Midfield reverse??? And the double right on Midfield (the first section)….

Also, How do you keep the camera angle consistent for so long, like the side shot of the blue skyline???

DAMN dude, BEEEPing brilliant…

P.S. are those your eyes??? BEAUTIFUL!!!

Disclaimer: This message has bee self sensored…:)

Thanks Delphic Reason for great clips.

Could you share some of the setups you are using in the videos? I am new to drifting, though I do know quite alot about chassis setup.

I especially would be interested about the setup on the 911 RS. Also, as a car to start practicing drifting, what would you recommend?

Some questions also about the tuning parts available in the game. There was an article in Evo (www.evo.co.uk) magazine about John Barker's Nissan 200 nx where he modified the car for drifting competitions. If I remember correctly, he used a special differential suitable for drifting which was manufactured by Tomei or something like that. Are there any similar items available in the tuning parts or do you use a fully adjustable differential?

Some of my clips are posted in the drift settings depot, here and on the IDM forums (looks at sig)... Unfortunately, I accidentaly sold my Ruf BTR, so I don't have settings for it anymore... I'll work on some new settings... The differential you speak of is probably just a mechanical 2-way LSD, which is exactly what is available in the tuning section (or manufacturer section).. Usually I use a fully customizable LSD, but some cars seem to drift better with a 2 way...

I just watched Positive Lock, DR, and all I can say is HOLY BEEEEEP BEEP Beep beeeeep BEEEEEEEP!!!!

BEEEPing brilliant!!! I gotta know some things though, HOW THE BEEEEP do you keep up those drifts so long??? Like the 240SX on the uphill right hander on Midfield reverse??? And the double right on Midfield (the first section)….

Also, How do you keep the camera angle consistent for so long, like the side shot of the blue skyline???

DAMN dude, BEEEPing brilliant…

P.S. are those your eyes??? BEAUTIFUL!!!

Disclaimer: This message has bee self sensored…

Thank you...

As for keeping long drifts going... It's all about smooth countersteer control, and precise throttle inputs... It just takes a lot of practice...

Yes, they are my eyes... Also, in my avatar...

As for the camera angle... I utilized the famous "camera angle trick"... Just make sure you have at least one song in your replay playlist, then put the replay on dive mode, eject the disc, and change the camera angle with the X button... The camera angles will stay in place until you hit the X button again...

;)

FAAAAaaaaaRRK!! <picks up jaw from the ground>

I watched it again last night, too and, DAAAAAAAAAAAuuuuuuUMMM!!.. they're right..

I almost forgot how good it was!.. I was extremely impressed.. :sly:

Watching how accurate your steering inputs were was amazing. I don't know how you do it with (from memory) a DS2?.. I was also impressed by the amount of road you use, especially how you use the extra patch of road just before the ripple strips start. A drift looks so freakin awesome with the proper out-in-out technique at 90 degree angles. Good stuff! 👍

I've seen alot of Vids of drifting so I know what a good drift looks like (it's funny how long it took to boom, considering how long I've been watching vids in RL) and your skills really do take the cake..

Keep it up, mate! and bring on some more clips!.. some of us are learning how to attack courses from these clips.. :sly:

edit: LOL!!.. Those beautiful blue eyes!.. Even I'm in love with him!!!.. If only I was a woman.. I'd.. I'd go for Vixen.. lol :lol:

Delphic Reason
Thank you...
As for the camera angle... I utilized the famous "camera angle trick"... Just make sure you have at least one song in your replay playlist, then put the replay on dive mode, eject the disc, and change the camera angle with the X button... The camera angles will stay in place until you hit the X button again...

;)
Thanks for this dude, so the “dive” replay is the synchronised replay then…

ForcedInduction
dam DR you need competition from me. i have to dust off the ps2 and start. you can't take all the glory you know hahahah i'm messin :lol:

I always thought you were one of the best (if not the best) AWD drifters around... Bust it out brother... I know you have it in you... I'd love to see some new GT4 drifts from ya...

;)

wow! just watched Positive Lock. the best drift vid ive ever seen! :D beutiful job DR! :D man, thats impossible when i think of ti!! :crazy:

PuTTe_TuTTe
wow! just watched Positive Lock. the best drift vid ive ever seen! :D beutiful job DR! :D man, thats impossible when i think of ti!! :crazy:

Thanks mate... Not impossible, just difficult... Remember I had a good 3 or 4 years of GT3 drifting practice before I started drifting in GT4... So, it wasn't too hard for me to get used to the new physics...

I will be starting work on the next drift vid very soon... This time the editing will be a little more conventional (for those of you that didn't like the David Lynch edgy style of this vid), and will feature more cars, and more sections... Keep a look out, although it may take me a few months to get to the editing stage...

;)

Delphic Reason
Thanks mate... Not impossible, just difficult... Remember I had a good 3 or 4 years of GT3 drifting practice before I started drifting in GT4... So, it wasn't too hard for me to get used to the new physics...

I will be starting work on the next drift vid very soon... This time the editing will be a little more conventional (for those of you that didn't like the David Lynch edgy style of this vid), and will feature more cars, and more sections... Keep a look out, although it may take me a few months to get to the editing stage...
well, now when i saw that vid i really realised its not possible :D. as soon as i get my GT4 back I'll start practise!

cool, cant wait for the next video!

Just a heads up... I am currently working on capturing clips for my next video... The details are still up in the air, whether it will be an all RWD vid, or a mix of RWD/AWD...

For those that couldn't handle the flashy editing of "Positive Lock", this next video will have a more traditional editing style...

For those of you who haven't seen "Positive Lock", now's your chance to check it out before I release the next video...

;)

Back