////Delphic Reason's Drift Videos\\\\

nissandrifter
man that was the best drift video Ive ever seen.every slide you made was exellent.but hey what type of program do you use to make that video?,the quality was awsome,I saw the rosters name in the seet wow :)

I capture and edit with Vegas... I capture uncompressed, which leads to massive file sizes, but is well worth it for the quality...

Thanks for the comments guys (and you too DT_C... lol)...

;)

downloadin now....will edit in a few minutes after i watch it!

*edit*
amazing...cant really think of any other word to describe that! your drifting is soooo smooth, music was awesome, awd section was awesome.....amazing man!

Delphic Reason,

I must say, the drifts performed in your Positive Lock video is amazing, I've seen some great drifts (Mike from FBI), but yours are just one of the best, and your drifts are smooth, the countersteer, the line you took, and while I'm thinking to myself "damn, he's using a DS2 gamepad!" I just couldn't keep my mouth closed LOL

whats more exciting is, your AWD drifts are just mind blowing, loved the later half of the video, its simply great, the drifts and so on, you made it look as easy as GT3 haha, that's a really impressive control there, uber respect Delphic Reason.

video comment: from the looks of your video, your main focus are on the drifts, but whats bothering me is the "flashy" effect thing you used a lot throughout the video, I think you may have overused it, even during a drift, you kept on flashing the screen, to be honest, its quite distracting and I've got annoyed by it, and I'm having a hard time focusing on your drifts, its good to put some effects during transitions, maybe its just me, but I don't like the flashy thing during mid drifts at all, I've showed it to one of my housemates, and their responds was "hey something wrong with the video?" so you get the idea.
but nevertheless, your drifts all made it worth it, good drifts.

oh and the music, personal taste, I don't like it lol.

keep up the good work IDM :)

Good quality editing and quality drifting there. The countersteering you displayed with the DS2 is pretty impressive.

Such a long wait, thought it would be like a GT4 wait, :) but the result of the wait didn't dissapoint, aweswome job on the drifts and on the editing!

Stanley^Carter
Delphic Reason,

I must say, the drifts performed in your Positive Lock video is amazing, I've seen some great drifts (Mike from FBI), but yours are just one of the best, and your drifts are smooth, the countersteer, the line you took, and while I'm thinking to myself "damn, he's using a DS2 gamepad!" I just couldn't keep my mouth closed LOL

whats more exciting is, your AWD drifts are just mind blowing, loved the later half of the video, its simply great, the drifts and so on, you made it look as easy as GT3 haha, that's a really impressive control there, uber respect Delphic Reason.

video comment: from the looks of your video, your main focus are on the drifts, but whats bothering me is the "flashy" effect thing you used a lot throughout the video, I think you may have overused it, even during a drift, you kept on flashing the screen, to be honest, its quite distracting and I've got annoyed by it, and I'm having a hard time focusing on your drifts, its good to put some effects during transitions, maybe its just me, but I don't like the flashy thing during mid drifts at all, I've showed it to one of my housemates, and their responds was "hey something wrong with the video?" so you get the idea.
but nevertheless, your drifts all made it worth it, good drifts.

oh and the music, personal taste, I don't like it lol.

keep up the good work IDM :)

I wanted it to be different... It was supposed to look like there was something wrong with the vid... That was half the point... I thought it tied the music with the timing of the drifts in an interesting way... Glad you liked it anyway...

;)

That totally sucked... I think you shouldn't be making any more vids, since you have absolutely no talent... Stop wasting bandwidth, for god's sakes. 👎

Obviously I'm just kidding. That was, hands down, the best GT4 vid I've seen as of yet. The technique is superb, the editing, although with a few too many effects to my liking, is also top notch, I was entertained for the whole 10 minutes. 👍

PunkRock
Obviously I'm just kidding. That was, hands down, the best GT4 vid I've seen as of yet. The technique is superb, the editing, although with a few too many effects to my liking, is also top notch, I was entertained for the whole 10 minutes. 👍

you almost got me there LOL :yuck:

nice :)

Holy mother of Jesus, not since CudaMan's Gran Dorifto have I seen a video this mind-blowingly awesome. Nice work, man! 👍

tabs
Holy mother of Jesus, not since CudaMan's Gran Dorifto have I seen a video this mind-blowingly awesome. Nice work, man! 👍
Now that is a compliment in itself....

DR.. soak in the compliments....

Wow... Thanks for all the wonderful compliments... You guys are the reason I put the time and effort into making such things... Thanks again...

PunkRock
Obviously I'm just kidding. That was, hands down, the best GT4 vid I've seen as of yet. The technique is superb, the editing, although with a few too many effects to my liking, is also top notch, I was entertained for the whole 10 minutes.

You big kidder... Thank you...

I wanted the editing to be a bit more involved this time around, and reflect the type, and feel, of the music chosen... I chose this music, because I have wanted to use some good Metal in a video for quite some time (Tool especialy), and it's different from the standard Techno/Eurobeat/Emo trend in drift videos...

tabs
Holy mother of Jesus, not since CudaMan's Gran Dorifto have I seen a video this mind-blowingly awesome. Nice work, man!

Wow!... That's quite an honor... Thanks, Tabs... I did put a lot of work into it... I'm glad you enjoyed it...

Glubags
Are you using a DS2?

Yes sir... I use both analog sticks...

Thanks again for the wonderful replies... It makes all the hard work worth it...

;)

DR, your drift videos keep getting better and better and better...i wonder if your potential will ever run out 👍

As for the AWD drifting, may I say I am very impressed. Your FR technique is great and to see that your AWD technique is greater than mine is just amazing.

I was in the process of making a full AWD video...but after I saw yours, I think I'm going to give it a rest for now :lol:

Again, Great work.

P.S- I think you're in love with that 22b blue impreza ;)

ForcedInduction
DR, your drift videos keep getting better and better and better...i wonder if your potential will ever run out 👍

As for the AWD drifting, may I say I am very impressed. Your FR technique is great and to see that your AWD technique is greater than mine is just amazing.

Thank you very much... I hope my next vid can entertain as much as this one seems to be...

I was in the process of making a full AWD video...but after I saw yours, I think I'm going to give it a rest for now :lol:

Again, Great work.

Don't do that... I love watching your vids... I will be working on a sequal to "Countersteer Zero", but I don't think that's any reason to not make your AWD offering...

P.S- I think you're in love with that 22b blue impreza ;)

Actually, there is no 22B in the vid... There is a Subaru WRX STi Ver. VI Coupe Type R, and a bright blue Nissan Skyline GTR33... I do love the 22B though... Great car with beautiful styling...

;)

Sick a$$ vid DR 👍

The AWD section was my favorite part of the vid but I think it had to much flashy effects toward the end.

Props to you Delphic...

:bowdown: IDM

d3p0
Looks good, I would like to see the sonoma Formula D course completed though..

:lol: I do that all the time. I take my D1GP cars to Sanoma, Suzuka, Tsukuba, and Fuji to recreate the real life D1/Formula D runs. (I wish Road Atlanta was in this game :( )

Anyways, again great vid.

d3p0
Looks good, I would like to see the sonoma Formula D course completed though..

And you will... This video was just an introduction... Next will be "Countersteer Zero 2", then I will start working on a RWD only vid with linking as its focus...

;)

Delphic Reason
Best $160 I ever spent...

Edit:

Anyone here remember Cudaman?...
(Fifth post down...)

http://www.granturismox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11027&sid=cb220b906bdb0ffbb69fbb85f4c30b08

It's nice to see the great Cudaman, pop up after such a long time of not seeing or hearing anything from him...

yes, its great to see him around.

in fact, I spotted him on the Live For Speed forum last month, and apparently he's been playing LFS more, I got surprised and I pm'ed him and he's doing great though.

I've told him that many GTPers would like to see him coming back to the GT4 drift scene, but he did told me this "GT4 drifting doesn't feel to intuitive" :ill:

I couldn't do much though, but now I know he's watched your video, I'm sure you had awaken his deep down interest in GT drifting once again, c'mon he's gotta be thinking "man, he's doing it with DS2, I should really try again with my DFP"
well, I'm looking forward to see Cudaman coming back, it would be so much fun and cool to have the old guys coming back and hang around.

btw, I'm also trying to "drag" him into our LFS drift community though LOL :dopey:

Delphic Reason
BTW, They're in the first post:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1791171&postcount=1

It turns out the small version is actualy 73 mb's, and the large version is around 149 mb's...

Enjoy...

This stuff is top-notch. I don't like the effects though... but everything else:
  • Perfect lines
  • Endless silky-smooth drifts with the right amount of angle
  • Maybe the best GT4 AWD drifting in a GTP vid so far... really nice
  • Crazy links, especially the near-impossible link at Autumn Ring, which I like so much... as already mentioned
  • Finally a vid with crystal-clear picture quality! (I took the large version)
  • Good camera angles, it seems that the driver turns his head when going sideways (but that's probably nothing new to you guys...?)

All in all very good stuff DR!Congrats and please keep 'em coming.

Latest Posts

Back