Deltawing just went missing! UPDATE: Reappeared, but got a child.

• Thread starter dr_slump
  • 609 comments

What's your emotional status now?

• Total voters
Maybe they are going to add in into the day 1 patch and are not allowed to include it in the car list of "launch" because it won't be on the disc. :D lol!

Do they work the same as the Toyota and Audi?
That is what I meant at first. Not an alternative energy source, but a hybrid or a mix of two breeds. It will be interesting to see the R18 e-Tron if put in by DLC to be modeled and especially the sounds..

nissan-deltawing-race-car-le-mans-24-hours-23.jpg

Found this today. Although it is from a LOOOONG time ago, that Nissan sticker looks as if someone just smacked it on there. To me it looks like a test model with still further work to go on it, as there are no brake lights, the exhaust cover looks quite shoddy, and so do the rear diffusers. There is no AAA or HighCroft or what ever other than Michelin, as those two were the main sponsors.

I just feel as if Mr. Panoz took this as well I bought it and its mine now. It just makes me hit my forehead with my keyboard. We will see though what comes out of it sooner or latter..

has anyone noticed that the "start your engines" trailer they uploaded some hours ago on the playstation channel, still got the deltawing in it?

it's the same trailer that is on the Gran Turismo channel uploaded a week ago, but... they added the "puresteshon" at the end, but didn't bothered cutting the deltawing scene.

maybe it's just laziness, lack of attention, or the people who uploaded the trailer don't even know about the legal issues, but, better not get my hopes up.

What happened was after the DW project Nissan withdraw support, took all of panoz design team that made the DW and then went to work making the Zeod RC, Panoz clearly has grounds to be pissed.

Well he could've asked to be included in the new project nicely instead of taking it to court. It's ridiculous to patent the design in the first place. It's not like every racing team in the world will start making their own DeltaWings, because there aren't many racing series that allows it in the first place. Instead of encouraging innovation Panoz is just hoarding everything to himself. And IMO even if they successfully sued ZEOD, the DeltaWing is a different car and it shouldn't need to be pulled from GT6. PD has acquired the license and that should be that.

Well he could've asked to be included in the new project nicely
If your team walks away leaving just you and goes on to copy your design, chances are pretty good they left SPECIFICALLY because of you.
He's doing the right thing. Seems everyone is against Panoz only because they won't get the DW in the game.

One might ask why they left him then. OK, I get Panoz' point of view, but it's still ridiculous that they make PD pull the car from the game. They should settle it between them and Nissan. PD has acquired the rights before the whole mess started and it should stay that way. And if it's true that Panoz asks for millions to license the car, then we can kiss the DW goodbye.

Guess I'll have to make do with a ballasted Caterham like in GT5...

One might ask why they left him then. OK, I get Panoz' point of view, but it's still ridiculous that they make PD pull the car from the game. They should settle it between them and Nissan. PD has acquired the rights before the whole mess started and it should stay that way. And if it's true that Panoz asks for millions to license the car, then we can kiss the DW goodbye.

Guess I'll have to make do with a ballasted Caterham like in GT5...
I don't think they made PD do anything. PD/sony probably did it as a precaution in order to avoid any litigation down the road.

Well he could've asked to be included in the new project nicely instead of taking it to court. It's ridiculous to patent the design in the first place. It's not like every racing team in the world will start making their own DeltaWings, because there aren't many racing series that allows it in the first place. Instead of encouraging innovation Panoz is just hoarding everything to himself. And IMO even if they successfully sued ZEOD, the DeltaWing is a different car and it shouldn't need to be pulled from GT6. PD has acquired the license and that should be that.

I'm sorry but just because it's a different name means nothing in the fact that it isn't the same car. Take the Apple-vs-Samsung case which just had a retrial today after samsung won, (but apple won back a few things today) they sued over copyright of patent infringements. Basically it's the same thing..

I am in no means an apple fanboy, but rather a samsung(er). Samsung is like the Audi of phones. They always amaze me with a new thingy that goes in their car which would never have been thought of just 10 years ago..

If it was that easy then it wouldn't have been an issue and it would not even be discussed.

I'm sorry but just because it's a different name means nothing in the fact that it isn't the same car. Take the Apple-vs-Samsung case which just had a retrial today after samsung won, (but apple won back a few things today) they sued over copyright of patent infringements. Basically it's the same thing..

I am in no means an apple fanboy, but rather a samsung(er). Samsung is like the Audi of phones. They always amaze me with a new thingy that goes in their car which would never have been thought of just 10 years ago..

Once again all gets back to licensing and ownership, good point out Swag

Back