Derek Speare Designs - Button Boxes - Shifters - Great Gear

• Thread starter derekspeare
  • 1,567 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good question about spacing's. I've visited www.derekspearedesigns.com a few time's and although I'm keen to mod my wheel and buy an adapter, their isn't as much info or detailed picture's of the process as I'd like

I don't know much about steering wheels but i am assuming you could use an aftermarket adapter to fit other sizes?

Well exactly why I asked guys yet he's not responded.
Derek you need to make your site clear if it is possible to:

A) Use the previous adapters (non 70 mm) to be attached to the new one (with 70mm) and still also work with various wheel plates suitable for different makes of rims.

B) Attach a QR Boss Kit to your new adapter?

It looks possible to buy a SPARCO/MOMO with 70mm attach this to a Hong Kong cheapo QR Boss Kit, sandwich one of your wheel plates between them and attach your new adapter to the boss kit which screws to the rim. Giving a CSW type QR with a branded wheel.

Appreciate if you can confirm it is possible.

Example:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Red-Steer...CarParts_SM&hash=item1e6e9f17b6#ht_7075wt_928

Last edited:
I don't know much about steering wheels but i am assuming you could use an aftermarket adapter to fit other sizes?

The overwhelming majority are 70mm. I don't recommend adapters to adapters. I have shipped crates of adapters all over the world and only a few use a 74mm pattern. 70mm should cover just about everyone.

Now I need to get to work on interfacing with TM's T500 circuity so I can make some Mini Plates for it :)

If you make a ps3 button box then I will use your DFGT adapter and change the wheel as I have no clue about the electronics in my dfgt so I don't wanna lose functionality in games.

I feel like an ass for asking this but is there any chance that you could make a five hole pattern adapter option? I was thinking about getting a ''grant'' steering wheel until i found out they don't carry any six hole bolt patterns. They are a great company that i would love to buy from seeing as there wheels are at a good price point. I just wish i could buy a momo or something like that but they are out of my budget at the moment. If you did open up another option it would make looking/shopping for a wheel a lot easier.

I may make more Grant adapters, but I've only made them for the G25/27 wheels. If I see enough interest in the same type for the T500, I may make them.

Here's a render:

T500-Grant.jpg

d

Last edited:
Are there any pics of a bent shaft (or not bent) sequential mounted in an Obutto? I'm interested to see the placement for ergo. Looks like it is better off closer to the wheel than I would have thought but I'd love to see some examples.

Hi race fans,

Here's an update for those who have a shifter scheduled to ship June 18th. I'm pleased to announce that all shifters ordered prior to the time of this post will ship tomorrow, June 4th. Button boxes promised for June 18th are on schedule and may ship a bit earlier.

Thanks very much for your business and friendship! I do it for you and can because of you :)

d

On a different note, please congratulate with me a "Brother in Sim Racing", Dan Seglossen. Dan is the winner of this month's prize give away where he wins a DSD Pro Sequential Shifter. I'm happy to do my monthly contests and know many feel it's fun.

Thanks to everyone who entered, and stay tuned for the next contest I run...which will be soon ;)

d

Ok,next week i will order the pro sequenzial shifter!
Edit:
Sorry for my ignorance but can someone tell me what is this thing?!
HPIM0981.jpg

HPIM0979.jpg

And how it works and what is the utility of this electric circuits?
thanks

Last edited:
Hi race fans,

Here's an update for those who have a shifter scheduled to ship June 18th. I'm pleased to announce that all shifters ordered prior to the time of this post will ship tomorrow, June 4th. Button boxes promised for June 18th are on schedule and may ship a bit earlier.

Thanks very much for your business and friendship! I do it for you and can because of you :)

d

Fantastic news Derek..many thanks for your efforts :)

Greetings Race Fans,

Here's a quick update for those who have a button box to ship on Monday, June 18th. I'm pleased to say that all the boxes for that group are tested and ready to be packed and shipped tomorrow. Please check your paypal email address for your tracking number. International customers please allow a minimum of 10 to 15 working days for deliveries.

All shifters for June 18th will ship by Monday. Most will ship tomorrow. Thanks again for your orders and your interest!

Derek

Greetings Race Fans,

Here's a quick update for those who have a button box to ship on Monday, June 18th. I'm pleased to say that all the boxes for that group are tested and ready to be packed and shipped tomorrow. Please check your paypal email address for your tracking number. International customers please allow a minimum of 10 to 15 working days for deliveries.

All shifters for June 18th will ship by Monday. Most will ship tomorrow. Thanks again for your orders and your interest!

Derek
Woww.great,can't wait to ricieve my new button box!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back