Destiny 2

• Thread starter Katiegan
  • 320 comments
Four weeks to get this season's exotic weapon fully up to spec. It's called Agar's Sceptre. Stasis Trace rifle in the kinetic slot. It is absolutely brilliant. Anyone who hasn't got it should get it. It can all be done in one session now. The catalyst gives it almost 200 rounds of about 70-80 % bonus damage while it munchers through you Super Bar.

It's much more powerful, in its base form, than my favourite trace, which has always been Prometheus Lens, and it reloads as you kill enemies.

Four weeks to get this season's exotic weapon fully up to spec. It's called Agar's Sceptre. Stasis Trace rifle in the kinetic slot. It is absolutely brilliant. Anyone who hasn't got it should get it. It can all be done in one session now. The catalyst gives it almost 200 rounds of about 70-80 % bonus damage while it munchers through you Super Bar.

It's much more powerful, in its base form, than my favourite trace, which has always been Prometheus Lens, and it reloads as you kill enemies.
I know I'm kind of necro'ing a thread that's been inactive since September, but I wanted to point out that Ager's Scepter synergizes incredibly well with Shadebinder, and I've been able to put it to good use in end-game content!

For my Shadebinder, if anyone wanted to try:
Bleakwatcher + Iceflare Bolts for the Aspects. Fissures, Refraction, Durance and Torment for the fragments. You get a lot of Stasis shatters very quickly even in high level content. I was able to solo up to Vorgeth without dying. Vorgeth was an entirely different story, but that's more on my skill as a player and not the build.
I'm also running Orbs of Restoration on my legs and Outreach on my class item. Running high Discipline and Recovery is key to the build, but I don't think it'd be much of a problem if those stats were a bit lower since those two mods + the Torment fragment pull their weight quite well.

EDIT: I use Duskfield grenades as well. They're great for when you don't have the time or opportunity to get a Bleakwatcher turret off.

Last edited:
Destiny 2 update from page 10. So I was checking Steam on my Mac Mini after I'd added my Xbox series Starfield controller via bluetooth. I can't connect it to my gaming PC but whatever. I noticed that Steam had installed Destiny 2. When I hovered over it with my mouse it said I could stream it. Cool, I'll stream it then and see what it's like. I joined a public event in the cosmodrome and talk about input lag. Yuck. After that, I went to open a chest and was presented with a blue X to access it. I went downstairs to find my PS5 had been fired up and was running Destiny 2 and was in exactly the same place as it was on the Mac Mini.

Last edited:
So somehow, you got Remote Play without Remote Play.
It may have had something to do with my gaming PC being on and downloading updates. My PS5 was in standby but was on when I checked. Now because my gaming PC is off, no games are stalled on my Mac (same username)

Decided to give this game another go after not having played since the release of the Forsaken DLC. It was definitely a bit overwhelming at first but manage to get a handle on it. The game at it's core is still a great shooter, but damn these expansion packs. I love the story so I might pick up about 1 or 2 a month and catch up, maybe.

One thing for certain, the jump from past gen consoles to current gen consoles have made an already good looking game, even better. Still surprises me on how good it looks.

Decided to give this game another go after not having played since the release of the Forsaken DLC. It was definitely a bit overwhelming at first but manage to get a handle on it. The game at it's core is still a great shooter, but damn these expansion packs. I love the story so I might pick up about 1 or 2 a month and catch up, maybe.

One thing for certain, the jump from past gen consoles to current gen consoles have made an already good looking game, even better. Still surprises me on how good it looks.
The sunsetting content really bothers me. I paid $60 for the game at launch, and if I want to play the game I bought at launch, I can't anymore since they went free-to-play.

Now even though I technically bought the game I'm basically at the same tier as the free-to-play players. So it's basically one mission from the expansion every time I decide to play again, and nothing else. Bungie really had no respect for the players who bought the game at launch.

I lost interest almost 2 years ago and now it feels like it's too late/too much work to catch up.

The sunsetting content really bothers me. I paid $60 for the game at launch, and if I want to play the game I bought at launch, I can't anymore since they went free-to-play.

Now even though I technically bought the game I'm basically at the same tier as the free-to-play players. So it's basically one mission from the expansion every time I decide to play again, and nothing else. Bungie really had no respect for the players who bought the game at launch.
Same here, was just finding out what sunsetting actually entailed last night. Was surprised on them just up and ditching everything prior to the Forsaken. What actually happens with the story of the game now for players that start new? That's a large chunk of content gone - Does it just immediately start at the Forsaken expansion? I have a vault full of items that are essentially useless, but at the same time, I cant push myself to dismantle them.

Even with all that said, it was fun to jump back in again. I'll see how I'll feel after I get through the free content, plus the PS5 version came with The Witch Queen, so there's that I still need to finish as well.

I lost interest almost 2 years ago and now it feels like it's too late/too much work to catch up.
I was sitting at a 5 year gap, so I definitely understand. Getting the hang of it but also still a ton of stuff I just don't even know where to start with yet. Either way, still fun to just jump in and shoot things.

Same here, was just finding out what sunsetting actually entailed last night. Was surprised on them just up and ditching everything prior to the Forsaken. What actually happens with the story of the game now for players that start new? That's a large chunk of content gone - Does it just immediately start at the Forsaken expansion? I have a vault full of items that are essentially useless, but at the same time, I cant push myself to dismantle them.

Even with all that said, it was fun to jump back in again. I'll see how I'll feel after I get through the free content, plus the PS5 version came with The Witch Queen, so there's that I still need to finish as well.
New players to the game in free-to-play have to go through an expanded version of Destiny 1's intro at the Cosmodrome, but set more in the present so it aligns with the current story. It's called New Light I believe.

The frustrating part is if you didn't buy the expansions and played New Light, it completely contradicts everything established in Destiny up to Forsaken. I played through all of D1 and I know when my Guardian was resurrected, what he did over the years, that he fought and defeated the Cabal in D2's original campaign that was removed, but now the game treats my character like a new Guardian and not the same guy as the hero who did all the crap in the previous game/expansions lol.

It's a horrible mess.

New players to the game in free-to-play have to go through an expanded version of Destiny 1's intro at the Cosmodrome, but set more in the present so it aligns with the current story. It's called New Light I believe.

The frustrating part is if you didn't buy the expansions and played New Light, it completely contradicts everything established in Destiny up to Forsaken. I played through all of D1 and I know when my Guardian was resurrected, what he did over the years, that he fought and defeated the Cabal in D2's original campaign that was removed, but now the game treats my character like a new Guardian and not the same guy as the hero who did all the crap in the previous game/expansions lol.

It's a horrible mess.
Yeah for sure, I get that. I think I had a total of like 33 days worth of playing on D1, and about 1/3rd of that on D2, so it sucks seeing them do away with that lore of the story. Still though, its been so long since I played that I'm essentially treating it as a different game at this point. It makes it easier to digest, for the most part.

There are a bunch of missions available in the Timeline (and a quest from Ikora) meant to help people catch up and understand the context of the story. The questline has a guaranteed Monte Carlo as its reward.

Don't buy them until they are in a sale.

Hopefully it goes on sale over the holidays. Usually the expansions don't go on sale until well after they're relevant from what I've seen.

If Final Shape goes on sale sometime soon I might consider getting it, I haven't spent any more money on D2 since I bought it in 2017, and I do kinda want to play the last part at least before the next saga or whatever they call it begins.

Last edited:
Season of the Wish soon. If anyone has got a lot of legendary shards you have until the end of this season to spend them before they disappear from the game.

Season of the Wish soon. If anyone has got a lot of legendary shards you have until the end of this season to spend them before they disappear from the game.
Seems like they're slowly weeding it out over the next 6-7 months, and not immediate.

Ended up picking up all the expansions recently. Beat ShadowKeep last week and did most side quests. Moved on to Beyond Light and just got through the main story this past weekend, so now doing the side quests and loose ends. Think I'm liking beyond light more so far. Once I make my way through all the campaign expansions I'm going to finally try getting a group to help me through all the raids one by one. I never had a big enough team on D2, even since the beginning, so I've missed a lot.

Last edited:
Hoard mode soon to be added to Destiny 2

First two of three Bungie steams.

Interview with Chris Proctor

Hoard mode is excellent, if anyone wants to get back into the game, there's a chest of gold next to Shax in the new social space with 1810 armour plus an exotic for your class. There has been a leak for Destiny 3.

Back