Destiny 2

• Thread starter Katiegan
  • 317 comments
I acquired it earlier, but Ive not had much chance to go for it. Seems genuinely cool though.

Just got Rose. Managed to complete one of the three perks for it without even knowing what it was. I've got the escalation protocol/blind well and nightfall to do.
The former is easy enough, the latter, I've never completed a nightfall at all in either D1 or 2. I've only used them to complete vanguard daily bounties. Should be interesting.

Also I've just checked the settings for The Chasm of Screams and they are Harsh Elements, Blackout and Iron. It's almost as if they don't want you to get Thorn!

On the upside, Huckleberry with the catalyst is epic. I love never running out of bullets.

Last edited:
I tried it again last night and it went much much smoother with a third person. Except I didn't realize the two people helping me also didn't do the Thorn quest so they didn't know you had to kill the two names Knights that spawned in on the third and final wave before killing Savathun's song.

All good though. I think if I do it tonight that we'll be good. I went void this time around and it did help with those damn handmaidens with Void shields as well as nova bombing things and having Crimson has kept me alive because Red Death pistol.

I finally was able to get it last night and boy what a PITA the strike was.
Why?

Edit. Bad JuJu quest is available. Go to the loot ship and open the chest next to Werner to start it.

Last edited:
Well
For the full experience of Destiny 2 with all DLC will be around 165 GB worth of data.

Good think I decided to pass on the game even if it was free.

I attempted The Shattered Throne today with some buddies.

Boy is it tough. I didn't clear it but Bad Juju helped immensely along the way. Also Crimson for the Shadow Thrall free-for-all.

how does the new Armour 2.0 work I have not played in ages this game now feels alien to me, any one have a summery of what has changed?

Anyone still playing and getting shadow keep. I have destiny 1 and 2 Xbox one and PS4. Senator2655 ps4 and Senator 265 Xbox one if anyone wants to add me :)

New favourite weapon. Polaris Lance. The trouble is it goes in the energy slot. That slot belongs to LQ. I wish they'd change the slots to primary and secondary.

Rally barricade nerfed.
Crit damage to minors reduced by 50%
Rampage and Kill Clip adjusted as they are too powerful. Except in huckleberrys case.
Ouch.

Still, at least I have Huckleberry with a fully worked catalyst.

And Helm of Saint 14. And a bubble.

Last edited:
Does anyone knows if I have to reinstall game for First Light or it will be just patched?
Patch if console. I pre ordered Shadow Keep last evening and it converted my PSN+ version into a no cut off date game since the base game and all subsequent seasons are included in it. Any other PSN+ game on my system has a cut off date that matches the last day of my Plus sub.

October thread reserection.

Scout rifles are pea shooters again. :banghead:

I can't one shot a vandal. With a high power kinetic scout. With a minor damage buff. While stood in a hot spot.... 🤬

You can use the lower powered faster firing versions to multi tap the enemy to death but if you are doing that you may as well use a pulse weapon instead...

The pulse and Auto rifles don't seem to take any longer to kill though. :odd:

So far I've reached level 40 of the season pass. Only 60 more to go...

So yeah, I booted up Destiny 2 for the first time since launch, determined to actually beat the main campaign. Game is 100+GB now, so I deleted AC7 which I haven't played since I finished the story and Bloodborne which I also haven't played in a while.

So what happens? My quests are all gone and I'm in the tower that's supposed to have been destroyed by those fat bois from Mars (I forget their names).

All of my equipment is the exact same level (750) for some reason despite being incredibly mismatched, and I have no idea what to do next. I'd like to leave the Last City and get back to the storyline where I'm supposed to free the Last City from occupation (oh wait).

Kinda wanted to delete my save and restart with my Taken King character again, but I learned that if you do that you can't import them back in, so not doing that then. I guess I'm stuck with this save.

So yeah, I booted up Destiny 2 for the first time since launch, determined to actually beat the main campaign. Game is 100+GB now, so I deleted AC7 which I haven't played since I finished the story and Bloodborne which I also haven't played in a while.

So what happens? My quests are all gone and I'm in the tower that's supposed to have been destroyed by those fat bois from Mars (I forget their names).

All of my equipment is the exact same level (750) for some reason despite being incredibly mismatched, and I have no idea what to do next. I'd like to leave the Last City and get back to the storyline where I'm supposed to free the Last City from occupation (oh wait).

Kinda wanted to delete my save and restart with my Taken King character again, but I learned that if you do that you can't import them back in, so not doing that then. I guess I'm stuck with this save.
750 is the new baseline now. Any story you completed are done but you can get them from Amanda. If you stopped during a story then the game resets to the start of that story. There should be a bunch of people to talk to to progress the story with quests. And go to the moon.

The tower has been destroyed :lol:. You now reside in replacement tower. ;)

The tower has been destroyed :lol:. You now reside in replacement tower. ;)

And just like that, whatever immersion I might of had in this game has evaporated. In my timeline I'm still evicted from the Last City by the fat dudes.

I think this is the only game I've ever played that's beaten itself by me letting it sit since launch. If I can go back to the Last City and chill while it's supposed to be under occupation by a hostile force, how am I supposed to feel attached to the story now?

And just like that, whatever immersion I might of had in this game has evaporated. In my timeline I'm still evicted from the Last City by the fat dudes.

I think this is the only game I've ever played that's beaten itself by me letting it sit since launch. If I can go back to the Last City and chill while it's supposed to be under occupation by a hostile force, how am I supposed to feel attached to the story now?
I mean, to be perfectly honest, the vanilla story of this game is a pretty sad excuse for a story. Try playing forsaken and shadow keep. They’re significantly more enjoyable.

The Competitive grind for Luna's Howl is literally eating away at my soul. There won't be anything left of me when I'm done... :boggled:

Multiply this comment from one year ago by four because I did a little grinding when I got back into the game a few weeks ago:

vUy9pS3.png

Mountaintop (Randy's Throwing Knife directly to its left)

rG7yg91.png

Recluse (Luna's Howl directly to its left)

I'm going up and down like a yo-yo getting close to and then far away from Recluse. This, I think, is the last week before the nerf that I can get it to see what the fuss was about.

I'm going up and down like a yo-yo getting close to and then far away from Recluse. This, I think, is the last week before the nerf that I can get it to see what the fuss was about.

This is one of the few nerfs I'm not too bothered by. All they're doing is adjusting body shot damage so it isn't as deadly without landing crits. Admittedly, this is going to hurt console players (which I am) more because the thing bucks like a bronco, as opposed to PC (which I also play this on) is an absolute laser beam.

Ideally, they'd buff stability while ADS but they won't. But, yeah, it and MT are absolutely nutty.

I didn't get Recluse as I changed my focus to Gambit to go after the bow and as a side effect the SMG since after 1,000 bow kills and 500 critical bow kills on Sunday and yesterday, I was only at 55% medals. I'm getting the rest of them with huckleberry.

I found a blue SMG that screams Recluse even down to the reload animation! That was funny.

New season starts today with another 100 level battle pass to complete.

I've considered getting this for PC. The user reviews got me wondering a bit. Average: 3.9. While critic reviews averages 83. Has it been review bombed or something?

I've considered getting this for PC. The user reviews got me wondering a bit. Average: 3.9. While critic reviews averages 83. Has it been review bombed or something?
It is a brilliant first person shooter with questionable long term grind fest mechanics and a poor loot shooter loop. New Light is free. You only have to buy the last couple of updates so you get the base game and first two expansions for free.

Back