Destiny: Become Legend (Now with More Iron!)

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 4,545 comments

:D

How am i already excited for this?!?! :lol:

And only 3 months to wait, too? How long did we have to wait for HoW? I can't remember! 6 months? Dayum!

It also looks like there are allot of new weapon models again. Did you see that Monte-carlo-esque gun the hunter is holding with the dead orbit logo on it? And that flip out shotgun thing?

How am i already excited for this?!?!

destiny.png ttk-physical-collectors-edition-esrb.png
Includes:
The Taken King
Destiny
Expansion I: The Dark Below
Expansion II: House of Wolves
Collector's Edition SteelBook™ Case
CAYDE-6'S INTEL CACHE

Modified Treasure Island Book with intro Letter from Cayde-6:
Cayde-6's Personal Notes and Illustrations
Collection of Relics and Artifacts
Strange Coin Replica

Digital Content:

Three Class Specific Emotes
The Taken King - Collector's Edition
Three Armor Shaders
The Taken King - Collector's Edition
Three Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses

I feel guilty right now. A while ago, i got an efrideets spear, and i decided to roll final round and feild scout on it. Now i love this thing. I don't know why, but it just feels better than all my other sniper rifles. So now, don't want people to think i am an ass hole when they look at the perks on the thing, but you cant get field scout on sniper rifles anymore, and field scout is a must. It takes the mag from 3 to 6, and takes the rounds at the start of each match from 6 to 12! But if I re-roll it for no final round, I can't get field scout again!

And it doesn't help that final round has a glitch that is with field scout, the last two rounds are bonus rounds! That makes it even worse! I try my hardest no to use the final two rounds, but it extremely annoying... :(

I feel guilty right now. A while ago, i got an efrideets spear, and i decided to roll final round and feild scout on it. Now i love this thing. I don't know why, but it just feels better than all my other sniper rifles. So now, don't want people to think i am an ass hole when they look at the perks on the thing, but you cant get field scout on sniper rifles anymore, and field scout is a must. It takes the mag from 3 to 6, and takes the rounds at the start of each match from 6 to 12! But if I re-roll it for no final round, I can't get field scout again!

And it doesn't help that final round has a glitch that is with field scout, the last two rounds are bonus rounds! That makes it even worse! I try my hardest no to use the final two rounds, but it extremely annoying... :(
Unless Bungie changed their tactics in the last week or two that's not how it works. Not sure how to explain it exactly but the perks that can be rolled are determined by which dlc it was obtained in.

Unless Bungie changed their tactics in the last week or two that's not how it works. Not sure how to explain it exactly but the perks that can be rolled are determined by which dlc it was obtained in.
Oh really? hmm... I will have to research that...

That’s the only gun I really want. But in PvP it is outclassed by the Thorn...

I keep reading this and it just isn't true. Thorn is now on a leveled playing field, sure, but outclassing a handcannon that has godly range on par with a sniper rifle and the opportunity (albeit a rare, small one) to literally one shot someone?

Hawkmoon is the only original exotic that is just as fundamentally broken now as it was the day the game released. Everything else was either nerfed, nerfed twice more, or buffed.

OK, I don’t have the HM, so I can’t really say for sure. Seems like most people prefer the Thorn. The fact that you can land one or two shots on someone (depending on the status of their shield) and just leave him to die of poisoning is where the money are. And post-mortem kills are a thing too. Don’t really want to argue, as I would prefer to just have them all and use them all!

BTW cool trailer and all, but except the new sub-classes and the usual new strikes and gear, I didn’t really see what’s in this expansion and what makes it bigger that previous ones?

I used to uses HM but apparently they have done something with it, it used to feel so much slicker and heavy hitting but the aiming now feels off.

Prefer Thorn now, just seems faster to use with the range not do much of a penalty.

This Nightfall rotation is a ****ing joke.

Also, the level cap will rise to 50, when Taken King drops...

Last edited:

Considering the usual 2 level increase each DLC, I wonder how the whole leveling system is going to change.

Destiny is really :censored:ing pissing me off with this new Taken King bonus items BS. After having spent $135 on the game so far they want me, a day one player to blow another $80 for the emotes? I won't do it but this super heavy bias towards new players is pretty frustrating.

Destiny is really :censored:ing pissing me off with this new Taken King bonus items BS. After having spent $135 on the game so far they want me, a day one player to blow another $80 for the emotes? I won't do it but this super heavy bias towards new players is pretty frustrating.
That is business for you!

Mwahahah!

Turn in game to get the new edition. If the game is stored on a server you won't even need to worry about using the same CD. Get new game and the cost of $40 will be offset.

I'd put money on a Guardian transfer. So you would keep your level 20+light levels, normal leveling from 20-40, then light levels from 40-50.

Xur this week brings 2 of the new gauntlets. Khepri Sting and ACD/0 Feedback Fence may be new for you. Rolls aren't great. If you haven't gotten Starfire Protocol and really want it, then buy it. I will not recommend buying this one though with a roll that's FIFTY (50) below the possible maximum. Opt for the Engram instead and odds are you'll get a higher roll by accident.

I keep reading this and it just isn't true. Thorn is now on a leveled playing field, sure, but outclassing a handcannon that has godly range on par with a sniper rifle and the opportunity (albeit a rare, small one) to literally one shot someone?

Hawkmoon is the only original exotic that is just as fundamentally broken now as it was the day the game released. Everything else was either nerfed, nerfed twice more, or buffed.

Hawkmoon has the ability to two shot you (somewhat often)
Hawkmoon has the ability to one shot you (so uncommon that when it does happen it usually just makes you laugh)

Thorn shoots faster
Thorn has better stability
Thorn is a guaranteed two shot head-shot
Thorn had the ability to kill a person you aren't even looking at
Thorn has the ability to kill someone after they have bested you
Thorn can have the same range (with a sacrifice to stability)
Thorns' DoT throws off your aim
Thorns' DoT makes your screen all green and wobbly (making it harder to shoot people accurately)

Sorry, thorn is way worse.

Thorn can have the same range (with a sacrifice to stability)

This is about the only thing I have issue with. I can almost guarantee you Thorn has a noticeable falloff in damage the farther away you are from the enemy, whereas with Hawkmoon there isn't such or at least there wasn't.

I have, on multiple occasions, sniped some hapless fool (whether they be capturing a point, roaming around, or setting up to snipe) from clear across the map and two-shotted them every single time. Oh, and I can almost guarantee Thorn is going to be nerfed because it's the go to weapon for Trials of Osiris and for whatever reason Bungie hates when everyone is using one gun because it excels in a particular role.

Oh, and unless I'm so attuned with my Hawkawesome that it processes Luck in the Chamber every single time it's also a guaranteed two-shot to the head KO, and unless you misspoke I wouldn't consider Thorn to be worse in any situation, they both excel in being cheese cannons in different ways. :lol:

This is about the only thing I have issue with. I can almost guarantee you Thorn has a noticeable falloff in damage the farther away you are from the enemy, whereas with Hawkmoon there isn't such or at least there wasn't.

I have, on multiple occasions, sniped some hapless fool (whether they be capturing a point, roaming around, or setting up to snipe) from clear across the map and two-shotted them every single time. Oh, and I can almost guarantee Thorn is going to be nerfed because it's the go to weapon for Trials of Osiris and for whatever reason Bungie hates when everyone is using one gun because it excels in a particular role.

Oh, and unless I'm so attuned with my Hawkawesome that it processes Luck in the Chamber every single time it's also a guaranteed two-shot to the head KO, and unless you misspoke I wouldn't consider Thorn to be worse in any situation, they both excel in being cheese cannons in different ways. :lol:
Oh yeah, most certainly, they are both extremely deadly. I just think thorn is considerably more annoying :lol:. (I said it was worse as in more "fundamentally broken" ;))

Oh, I totally misread it as you saying Thorn was just bad. :lol:

Yeah, Mark of the Devourer is stupid.

Oh, I totally misread it as you saying Thorn was just bad. :lol:

Yeah, Mark of the Devourer is stupid.
Yeah, that is what is so broken about it.

But unfortunately, they can't do much about it in the end. Any nerfs they do to hand cannons would take them from killing in 3 head-shots to 4. That is a full 33% time to kill increase.

I think what they could do with thorn is make it so that the devouring essence cannot deal a killing blow to someone. So it can still do as much damage as it can now, but it will leave the target at 1 health, making thorn still annoying, but not a two shot head-shot. Yeah sure, anything would kill you at that point, but you would have a chance to live if no-one else found you in the next 10 seconds.

The last word needs its exotic perk fixed. At the moment, the perk that allows you to two shot someone when hip-firing can quite often proc when AdS, so yeah that is broken. And even without this glitch, this gun is still the fastest killing primary in the game, but you can't kill two people at once with it, or at least its very tricky too.

Hawkmoon isn't actually broken to me. It can be annoying, but i usually get annoyed that the wielder is really good, rather than the gun itself so much. I think hawkmoon is my limit to how good a gun can be before being overpowered.

The other broken things in this game are shotguns. Before, Felwinters lie was a little rare, especially when the IB hadn't been on for a while, but now there are 1-bang shotguns literally everywhere (Party Crasher and Matador 64). This is also a big problem.

I think if the only shotguns available were things like the Secret Handshake and the Dry Rot (max fire-rate, low range and low impact), shotguns would be sooooo much more balanced, and completely fair again. You can still one shot someone with these guns, but they need to either be right round the corner, or distracted by someone else. Otherwise they can generally shoot you down before you can get close enough, which is totally fair. They should be situational, not the easiest way to kill someone.

Just some of my thoughts on PvP at the moment. I was watching a video from a guy who played the Taken King demo at E3, and he said how nice it was to play against people without exotic weapons. I totally agree. Whilst most exotics at the moment are awesome to own, they are just enormous pains in the side in PvP. In PvE, exotics are awesome. Not in PvP. And shotguns. I hate shotguns.

Last edited:
In PvP if I could I would run Rapier, LDR, and harms way. I can avoid exotics. If I was allowed raid weapons I would run vision, ldr/longbow, and corrective/hunger/hezen. While exotics are cool to use, surprisingly they also become quite stale because you can't re-roll them. The legendary have good chance perks that allow you to control situations. I would never use mida over fang (when I get it) or vision.

Back