Destiny: Become Legend (Now with More Iron!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crispy
  • 4,545 comments
  • 182,155 views
Did VoG on hard for the first time and I received the following:

2x Praedyth's Revenge: One from the Conflux checkpoint and one from the Templar:
1x Raid boots (Warlock): Gatekeeper
1x Fragment of the Prime (Warlock Bond): Gorgon Chest
1x Vex Mythoclast: Atheon
1x VX0 Timebreaker: Atheon
1x Universal Remote: Atheon
*edit* 1x Vision of Confluence from...somewhere.
Plus energies and shards.


*'Nother edit: I didn't do the normal raid before partaking in the Hard raid, which is why I probably recieved so many weapons that aren't hard mode-specific (such as Mythoclast)
Good haul :D
 
Last edited:
@dhandeh how was your Mario session last night :dopey:?
 
First flawless raider attempt and no trophy yet. First game ended after the spire formed on the way to the Confluxes when someone missed a jump.

Second game we had a player leave just before the Templar fight but we kept going and that went pretty easily. But then we got to the Gorgons. A miscommunication caused two people to jump on the rock most people go on while the other 4 were dashing straight for the door. One of the guys on the rock boosted and a Gorgon turned and caught us going for the door and we died. We decided to finish it and that went good until exiting a portal caused some sort of loop that sent us back and forth between the two worlds for about 5 seconds. Two guys died at the center at that time but no worries.

We picked up a sixth at that point but after two runs with deaths during the Confluxes we decided to come back tonight and try again.

Overall, we saw we can do it but it really does require perfect execution by everyone. First run was all 30's and we picked up a 29 after one guy left the fire team.
 
until exiting a portal caused some sort of loop that sent us back and forth between the two worlds for about 5 seconds.

That sounds like what happened to me:

After receiving the relic from the Venus portal, I and three other teammates (one hopped in from the vault to help us with the oracles) headed towards the center and I was the last one to go through the portal. Except I didn't. I was stuck looping back and forth until Time's Vengance was over and subsequently died (I was also marked so I couldn't see anything). Luckily, being a sunbro, I was ready to revive myself and finished Atheon on that run.

So, I tell myself RNGsus pitied me and gave me what I wanted. :lol:
 
Finally finished Raid and I got Chatterwhite.

Be right back I'm going to slam my head into a wall for about 36 hours.
 
Just did a raid with the worst group of all time. Nobody knew how to do The Templar, and just ran around like a headless chicken dying every 15 seconds. Then, we get to Atheon and everyone decided that they didn't enjoy living, so I spent the entire fight reviving people who were destined to die anyways. I'm never raiding with someone who doesn't know what an oracle is again.

Ended up with a decent haul though. Enough energies to max my Epilogue, Truth, Vision of Confluence, Another set of raid gloves, and the oh so coveted Chatterwhite.
 
Hey guys! Does anyone of you need to finish the Thorn bounty, or at least wants to help me? I’m at the last part where you need to kill a wizard on the moon strike. As far as I understand you just sit there killing wizards/witches until you get the one you need. No need to actually kill the boss. With some help it should be no more than 15-20mins.
 
Hey guys! Does anyone of you need to finish the Thorn bounty, or at least wants to help me? I’m at the last part where you need to kill a wizard on the moon strike. As far as I understand you just sit there killing wizards/witches until you get the one you need. No need to actually kill the boss. With some help it should be no more than 15-20mins.
Do it after tomorrow because bace attack will be 301 not 270
 
Just did a raid with the worst group of all time. Nobody knew how to do The Templar, and just ran around like a headless chicken dying every 15 seconds. Then, we get to Atheon and everyone decided that they didn't enjoy living, so I spent the entire fight reviving people who were destined to die anyways. I'm never raiding with someone who doesn't know what an oracle is again.

Ended up with a decent haul though. Enough energies to max my Epilogue, Truth, Vision of Confluence, Another set of raid gloves, and the oh so coveted Chatterwhite.
What's an oracle? Is it that elevator thing I showed you :dopey:?
 
oracle7_0.jpg


Obviously. :p
 
Finally finished the raid this Sunday with @Oso Actual, @Terronium-12, @TJisA1337NOOB, and @dice1998. I got about 26 energy and some kind of rock thrower or something.

I think I had more fun with the aftermath, than actually playing the VoG. We ended up stalking a bunch of people in the Tower.. It was 5 of us with pumpkin heads going around and harassing everyone.

All in all, pretty disappointing run. Having gone through the VoG three times, two ending at Atheon and one full run, the only useful items I've got are Predyths Revenge, Plan C(not really that useful, but its not horrible), and the Gloves of the Hezen Lord.. Oh and a rocket launcher I'll probably never use.
 
Yeah that tower episode had me giggling like a school girl.....afterwards I was thinking to myself, I'm 35 and am acting like an immature child........I love it, :lol:!

I'm glad we were able to get through it, only part we struggled with, aside from @dice1998 aka Dora the Explorer, was right before the end. Good work on everyone's part.
 
Yeah that tower episode had me giggling like a school girl.....afterwards I was thinking to myself, I'm 35 and am acting like an immature child........I love it, :lol:!

I'm glad we were able to get through it, only part we struggled with, aside from @dice1998 aka Dora the Explorer, was right before the end. Good work on everyone's part.
I think we did pretty well considering it was just 5 for a good share of it.:) And yes the tower part was by far the most fun. My cheeks still hurt I think.
 
@mcfizzle I'm good to go for tomorrow. Only way I'm leaving tomorrow is if the renovation guys forcibly remove me from my room. :lol:
 
I want to try to play tomorrow.

And you're more than welcome to. I'll be spending the morning hours trying to get my gauntlets... with fur! :D
 
And you're more than welcome to. I'll be spending the morning hours trying to get my gauntlets... with fur! :D
When does the DLC officially drop?
 
When does the DLC officially drop?
If not at the normal weekly reset time (1 A.M. PST), then sometime in the morning I bet. I want to play with you guys too, but I can't unless you're playing at around 4 in the afternoon PST. :(
 
It drops at 1AM PST/4AM EST.
 
Now I officially have FORTY-TWO Motes of Light. Last 3 engrams yielded me one each.
 
Very juvenile moderator behavior following this disclaimer. You've been promptly warned.

Seriously, 🤬 Wizards, 🤬 Thralls, and 🤬 Ogres. Oh, and 🤬 Omnigul too.
 
I'm a little glad that they released new items for Non-DLC purchasers as well, now I can get to thirty and not have to worry about the damage reduction from me being level 28.

I'm really on the fence on the DLC, kind of leaning towards not getting it. At the same time, Why do I want it so much though?! The price is the only thing stearing me away really.
 
I suppose you all know this by now, but i just noticed that there are Grimoire card sets for the planets mercury, jupiter and Saturn. I found that pretty interesting, but no-one i know has unlocked any of the cards, so i am pretty sure we will be getting new planets in DLC! And also, read this (a grimoire card entry) and take of it what you will...

"I am Pujari. These are the visions I have had of the Black Garden.

The Traveler moved across the face of the iron world. It opened the earth and stitched shut the sky. It made life possible. In these things there is always symmetry. Do you understand? This is not the beginning but it is the reason.

The Garden grows in both directions. It grows into tomorrow and yesterday. The red flowers bloom forever.

There are gardeners now. They came into the garden in vessels of bronze and they move through the groves in rivers of thought.

This is the vision I had when I leapt from the Shores of Time and let myself sink:

I walked beneath the blossoms. The light came from ahead and the shadows of the flowers were words. They said things but I will not write them here.

At the end of the path grew a flower in the shape of a Ghost. I reached out to pluck it and it cut me with a thorn. I bled and the blood was Light.

The Ghost said to me: You are a dead thing made by a dead power in the shape of the dead. All you will ever do is kill. You do not belong here. This is a place of life.

The Traveler is life, I said. You are a creature of Darkness. You seek to deceive me.

But I looked behind me, down the long slope where the blossoms tumbled in the warm wind and the great trees wept sap like blood or wine, and I felt doubt.

When my Ghost raised me from the sea there was a thorn-cut in my left hand and it has not healed since."

There has been a few rumors that the traveler is evil, and the darkness is in fact a spawn of the traveler. We know that Destiny underwent a great plot-line change in the last year of development, and I don't know, those last couple of lines seem to reinforce the idea of and evil traveler. :odd: They are also kind of chilling...
 
Mercury, Jupiter and Saturn were confirmed though already.
 
Oh really? When did that happen?
Mercury is in the game already but only in Crucible.
Jovian = Jupiter, plus so many hints of it.
There have been screenshots of Titan.

I'm a little glad that they released new items for Non-DLC purchasers as well, now I can get to thirty and not have to worry about the damage reduction from me being level 28.

I'm really on the fence on the DLC, kind of leaning towards not getting it. At the same time, Why do I want it so much though?! The price is the only thing stearing me away really.

Since as of now if you do not have the DLC, you LOSE the weekly and nightly strikes, I suggest buying it.
 
Last edited:
Mercury is in the game already but only in Crucible.
Jovian = Jupiter, plus so many hints of it.
There have been screenshots of Titan.



Since as of now if you do not have the DLC, you LOSE the weekly and nightly strikes, I suggest buying it.
II was just going to write that. I would buy it, but I want to hear some impressions from you guys before I jump the gun.
 
Back