Destiny: Become Legend (Now with More Iron!)

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 4,545 comments
Wow. Not since December of last year has this thread been active.

New update, what are your thoughts? I love that it's fun and that gear grind is somehow fun in and of itself because of the scaling, multiple avenues of getting gear, and the 1:1 infusion (why this wasn't a thing from jump street is beyond me).

The game itself still has a problem with content; something as shallow as this should not be subjected to certain content moving forward while others don't.
Im starting to think bungie never intended to have people, for lack of a better term, 'no-lifeing' this game, because they don't seem to really want to keep people playing. Maybe thats why they aren't releasing too many expansions?

Im starting to think bungie never intended to have people, for lack of a better term, 'no-lifeing' this game, because they don't seem to really want to keep people playing. Maybe thats why they aren't releasing too many expansions?

If that's true, they've literally invested into the wrong sub genre of game. I'm thinking it has more to do with Destiny 2 being pushed back to next year, and this update and the larger expansion coming in September is the cause sort of coming out of left field.

Even that doesn't make sense, If they expect this update to last the entire lull between now and September, they're incredibly delusional.

Well, regardless, they made some dumb-ass decisions with making this game.

Also, as far as i have noticed, the Division, despite being of similar genre and getting better reviews than destiny, seems to have died out much faster. None of my PS4 destiny friends are playing it any-more, and it would seem that the streamers/youtubers have slowed down too. Unless I'm just oblivious (usually the case).

Well, regardless, they made some dumb-ass decisions with making this game.

Also, as far as i have noticed, the Division, despite being of similar genre and getting better reviews than destiny, seems to have died out much faster. None of my PS4 destiny friends are playing it any-more, and it would seem that the streamers/youtubers have slowed down too. Unless I'm just oblivious (usually the case).

You're not. The Division fell off the face of the Earth so quickly because of several factors, and I'll begin with the most significant of reasons:

1. Once you've reached 30, there's literally nothing else to do but run the same 4 Challenge missions over and over again.
2. The material and weapon grind was unrewarding, a pain in the ass, and not worth the effort, leading to exploiting said Challenge missions and exceeding the 4 player lobby count – both of which I partook.
3. The braindead decisions that Massive have and are still making.
4. The Incursion is just... a joke.
5. Even when Destiny launched, brand spanking new in September of 2014 it had more endgame activities than The Division.

The game has a lot of potential that was squandered away, which now that I think about it isn't a massive (heh) surprise given it's an Ubisoft game. Oh, and the bugs and other nonsense. Oh, and if you exploited the Incursion you'll be punished for it, like, what the hell kind of a decision is that?

You're not. The Division fell off the face of the Earth so quickly because of several factors, and I'll begin with the most significant of reasons:

1. Once you've reached 30, there's literally nothing else to do but run the same 4 Challenge missions over and over again.
2. The material and weapon grind was unrewarding, a pain in the ass, and not worth the effort, leading to exploiting said Challenge missions and exceeding the 4 player lobby count – both of which I partook.
3. The braindead decisions that Massive have and are still making.
4. The Incursion is just... a joke.
5. Even when Destiny launched, brand spanking new in September of 2014 it had more endgame activities than The Division.

The game has a lot of potential that was squandered away, which now that I think about it isn't a massive (heh) surprise given it's an Ubisoft game. Oh, and the bugs and other nonsense. Oh, and if you exploited the Incursion you'll be punished for it, like, what the hell kind of a decision is that?
Well that explains a lot. I was thinking about getting at first, but by the look of things, it was lucky I couldn't afford it :P

Well that explains a lot. I was thinking about getting at first, but by the look of things, it was lucky I couldn't afford it :P

Every problem I've ever had with Destiny (and I still stand by all of those gripes) developed over the course of weeks and then months. The second (third?) week of me playing The Division ended up with me not playing for several days because there was nothing to do. If this was supposed to be their "Destiny killer", then it only makes Destiny look like more of a complete game than it really is.

And that's an accomplishment. :lol:

Every problem I've ever had with Destiny (and I still stand by all of those gripes) developed over the course of weeks and then months. The second (third?) week of me playing The Division ended up with me not playing for several days because there was nothing to do. If this was supposed to be their "Destiny killer", then it only makes Destiny look like more of a complete game than it really is.

And that's an accomplishment. :lol:
It really is. So two companies attempted a similar thing that looked amazing before release, and then they both stuffed it up. :grumpy:

I only jumped on the Destiny train in December, so everything is still pretty new to me and interesting. That, and there's a lot more to the storyline than you first think once you get into all the Grimoire cards, and I love stuff like that so I've been mostly indulging in the lore of the game.

Although DiRT Rally has taken my attention away at the moment, so I haven't really played much since the update.

When you completely forget about this thread...

Anyway: I've been loving the April Update. PoE is fun, the rewards are...well rewarding. And I actually have the drive to rank up my Vanguard.

Also I did the Oryx challenge mode a couple days ago. 1st time doing the challenge and the 1st time beating Oryx on hard.

For the love of sanity game, stop giving me Treads Upon Stars and Imago Loop with the stupidest of perk sets. What am I going to do with a hand cannon that has Relentless Tracker on it?!

...Why is that even a possibility? Just give me my Y2 equivalent to VoC and Fatebringer and leave me be. :lol:

For the love of sanity game, stop giving me Treads Upon Stars and Imago Loop with the stupidest of perk sets. What am I going to do with a hand cannon that has Relentless Tracker on it?!

...Why is that even a possibility? Just give me my Y2 equivalent to VoC and Fatebringer and leave me be. :lol:
Wait so your playing again... Meaning you re-installed the game? God damn you Americans and your better than useless internet.

To re-install destiny would probably take me around 4-5 days of strait downloading. :grumpy:

Ive been messing around in PVP recently and I do declare, it feels far more balanced than its ever been. I feel like im being killed by something new every game. None of the classes/subclasses feel unbalanced, no exotics feel too good, no weapon types feel too strong, heavy ammo feels... well, not as annoying. Everything just seems right. :D

Ive been messing around in PVP recently and I do declare, it feels far more balanced than its ever been. I feel like im being killed by something new every game. None of the classes/subclasses feel unbalanced, no exotics feel too good, no weapon types feel too strong, heavy ammo feels... well, not as annoying. Everything just seems right. :D

Three words: Mida. Multi. Tool.

And I'm still of the opinion that I don't give a good you-know-what what people are using - let people use whatever weapon they want; Thorn, Ice Breaker, Vex (RIP you horribly, horribly broken weapon you), Mida, or even any of the Iron Banana weapons (Haakon's Hatchet is just too stable at times). They talk about diversity this and diversity that, but every single weapons balancing act just pigeonholes everyone into using the same gun or weapon archetype because it is, by and by, the best.

Three words: Mida. Multi. Tool.

And I'm still of the opinion that I don't give a good you-know-what what people are using - let people use whatever weapon they want; Thorn, Ice Breaker, Vex (RIP you horribly, horribly broken weapon you), Mida, or even any of the Iron Banana weapons (Haakon's Hatchet is just too stable at times). They talk about diversity this and diversity that, but every single weapons balancing act just pigeonholes everyone into using the same gun or weapon archetype because it is, by and by, the best.
Yeah but you don't have 65000 kills and 35000 deaths. When 50% of those deaths are from the same two guns it gets a little tiring.

Also mida is in the range now where it is one of the best PVP weapons, in the top 5 probably, but when you get killed by it, it still feels perfectly fair. The gap between the worst PVP weapons and the best is far, far closer now, which is a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

When all you want to do is go into PVP with a hard light and spam bullets everywhere and come out on top, it really sucks to be incapable of getting any kills because the other guys weapon kills almost 4 times as fast as yours.

You have to remember, weapon diversity isn't just good because it means Im not getting killed by the same guns, but its good because I can kill people with different guns too. And they all feel different. Monte carlo is pretty much the same gun as hard light, but they each feel completely different. To me anyway.

Since the original comment, I have found one particular class of weapon that I find myself getting frustrated at: bullet hoses. Still kill too fast.

Last edited:
I'm hoping they'll announce that this expansion brings cross-platform playability. I'd like to play with @Terronium-12 without having to buy a PS4 and making a new character.
That would certainly be cool. It would probably calm some of the rage in the whole "XBOX is underprivileged" argument.

I'm definitely looking forward to this. I'm waiting for E3 next week to pre-order because as it is now, the only reason I'd be pre-ordering is for that sweet, sweet, Y3 Ballerhorn. :lol:

I'm definitely looking forward to this. I'm waiting for E3 next week to pre-order because as it is now, the only reason I'd be pre-ordering is for that sweet, sweet, Y3 Ballerhorn. :lol:
Oh yeah, Jesus I've been playing the same game for nearly three years... Not non-stop of course, but still.

I see him on occasionally, but he ignores my request to join him when he's playing pCars and then gets all huffy when I wish him to crash in that game, for some reason.

So rude. :P

---

So I solo'd Crotes McGotes in a little over an hour or two (first time I've ever bothered to actually try) and I still haven't lucked out with the Crux drop. Still, that was legitimately fun.

So rude. :P

---

So I solo'd Crotes McGotes in a little over an hour or two (first time I've ever bothered to actually try) and I still haven't lucked out with the Crux drop. Still, that was legitimately fun.
It actually is really fun. I had similar luck as you with the crux, but it dropped about a month ago, after about 100 runs. :D

It actually is really fun. I had similar luck as you with the crux, but it dropped about a month ago, after about 100 runs. :D

Ugh. I've been after the damn thing since whenever HM first launched. Gjally dropped before I've gotten Necrochasm. What the hell? :lol:

I can see myself doing this once a week, every week though.

Ugh. I've been after the damn thing since whenever HM first launched. Gjally dropped before I've gotten Necrochasm. What the hell? :lol:

I can see myself doing this once a week, every week though.
Yeah, I did the exact same thing until I got it. Either one manned or two manned. eventually I started doing weird challenges like use NLB up until crota.

Back