Devel Sixteen ("5,000HP, TOP SPEED 348MPH")

OMG the pedals! Not even my dads old Beetle had such an horrible design! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also in the video they claimed something possible, 900HP from a (probably not NA) V8, I guess it's possible, but not reliable?

Last edited:
OMG the pedals! Not even my dads old Beetle had such an horrible design! :lol :lol: :lol:

Also in the video they claimed something possible, 900HP from a (probably not NA) V8, I guess it's possible, but not reliable?
Oh it's possible and reliable. *Cough LS motors *cough. ;)

kjb
It looks like a full size Hot Wheels:)
Not even. Cause Hot Wheels cars actually look great and would be awesome to see real size. Not that thing, oh and for those who say it'll do 175mph I kind of agree with you but I'm taking a punt that it won't pass the supercar holy grail of 200mph.

I just read it was Jet powered from The Supercar Kids

Wha...? How the hell would that pass safety tests :confused:

That scoop on the front must have the drag coefficient of a house! It's gonna need a lot more than 5000hp to reach that top speed.

@Famine think you can work out the drag from the limited info?

No.

But I can guess. If you take it as a best case scenario that a Veyron needs 1000hp to do 250mph with the wing trimmed to speed run angle of attack, to do 348mph it'd need another 1,700hp - so 5,000hp would be overkill for a Veyron-like shape.

So with 5,000hp needed to do 348mph it's got to be a bit nobbly. 5,000hp is about 4,250whp and 4,250whp at 348mph is shoving two tonnes of air out of the way (4,579lb).

I'd guess that the car itself weighs about 1,350kg (3000lb) and should generate its own weight in downforce at that speed, so about 80lb of that is rolling resistance. 4,500lb to go.

Now I reckon that the frontal area of that thing is a six foot wide by three foot high box with another four foot wide, two foot high box on it - let's skip wingmirrors and ride height for the fudgery. That's about 26 square feet. Plug it into the calculator and that says the Cd is...

This is "quite a lot". For comparison a Prius is 0.26ish, a Mk1 MX-5 with the roof down is 0.38ish and a Chitauri Leviathan is around 0.55.

No.

But I can guess. If you take it as a best case scenario that a Veyron needs 1000hp to do 250mph with the wing trimmed to speed run angle of attack, to do 348mph it'd need another 1,700hp - so 5,000hp would be overkill for a Veyron-like shape.

So with 5,000hp needed to do 348mph it's got to be a bit nobbly. 5,000hp is about 4,250whp and 4,250whp at 348mph is shoving two tonnes of air out of the way (4,579lb).

I'd guess that the car itself weighs about 1,350kg (3000lb) and should generate its own weight in downforce at that speed, so about 80lb of that is rolling resistance. 4,500lb to go.

Now I reckon that the frontal area of that thing is a six foot wide by three foot high box with another four foot wide, two foot high box on it - let's skip wingmirrors and ride height for the fudgery. That's about 26 square feet. Plug it into the calculator and that says the Cd is...

This is "quite a lot". For comparison a Prius is 0.26ish, a Mk1 MX-5 with the roof down is 0.38ish and a Chitauri Leviathan is around 0.55.

So you're saying that the numbers indicate the Cd is 0.56 and as long as that is correct or it's actually lower, then 5000hp is enough to get it to 348?

No.

:bowdown:

I actually understand some of this. :dopey:

So you're saying that the numbers indicate the Cd is 0.56 and as long as that is correct or it's actually lower, then 5000hp is enough to get it to 348?
At best guess, yes.

The frontal area might be a little off and heaven alon only knows how much downforce that behemoth on the back actually makes, but by and large the numbers suggest 5000hp would do it. With 5000hp, if you had the gearing to do so, you could push an original VW Beetle to 348mph.

Yes, but the problem here is the mythical engine! :lol:

It reminds me of Bigfoot, just because it's fake. Oh, and the back of it makes me crack up, especially those fake 🤬 exhaust pipes. :lol:

Devel-car-karama.jpg

And nobody posted this from the website?!!

God I'm laughing my ass off. :lol:

The increments aren't consistent- the dial on the right goes from 100 to 500, then 500 to 1000.
I believe it's meant to indicate horsepower, like the Veyron but without a separate gauge. 500hp around idle and 100hp without even spinning the crankshaft is pretty impressive. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back