Devel Sixteen ("5,000HP, TOP SPEED 348MPH")

403 error here. Caught a momentary glimpse of it before the hotlink failed.

View attachment 128710

The tackiness extends to the tachometer? Who knew!

Hey... wait a minute... could it be?!

Black_furby1.png

I don't think that poor workmanship on the body is a fair attack. I think you could expect some random new low numbers manufacturer would have poor body work especially on a prototype. The seams etc are pretty messy but it might be strong.

Perhaps this thing has some special breakthrough mechanicals and revs to 30,000RPM and runs on some extreme fuel.

It's possible but I doubt this car is real.

From what we have seen I would be picking on the brakes and seats.
The seat look like an office chair with no support. Perhaps you did not have the ability to manufacture a good seat, it would be acceptable to insert a third party seat more suited to extreme speeds, instead they have used an office chair with the legs cut off.

Also look at the brakes, they look like they have been ripped off some cheap hatchback.

Do we still need to give this car attention? I think it's been said numerous times that the only reason why this car exists is to attract attention to the country it originated from* because they wanted publicity.

I don't want to be politically incorrect and I'm too lazy to search where this car is from.

Do we still need to give this car attention? I think it's been said numerous times that the only reason why this car exists is to attract attention to the country it originated from* because they wanted publicity.

I don't want to be politically incorrect and I'm too lazy to search where this car is from.

In other words, you just tried to make a claim about a country, but you don't know what that country is?

In other words, you just tried to make a claim about a country, but you don't know what that country is?

I forgot where it's from. Lay off. I've had more important things to worry about lately than remembering facts about some ridiculous car.

R.S
I don't think that poor workmanship on the body is a fair attack. I think you could expect some random new low numbers manufacturer would have poor body work especially on a prototype. The seams etc are pretty messy but it might be strong.

For something that will supposedly cost $1m, shoddy craftsmanship is a total no no. If you can't get the bodywork straight at that cost, no one will trust you to make a car that's safe at 350mph.

For something that will supposedly cost $1m, shoddy craftsmanship is a total no no. If you can't get the bodywork straight at that cost, no one will trust you to make a car that's safe at 350mph.
Some (smart) blokes in a garage can make a v8 with 2000hp (not suggesting it will last long). Perhaps devel actually have this 5000hp v16 that runs on rocket fuel and they just knocked up the body in a rush a week before the auto show.

Of course, if they did manage that and were serious, as I think you are suggesting, they ruined their prospects by opening to the public with a poor workmanship and frightening low quality.

I believe that with enough money a car with these specs could be built (with limited practicality) but this does not look to be it.

I'd say more the company than the country to be honest

R.S
Some (smart) blokes in a garage can make a v8 with 2000hp (not suggesting it will last long). Perhaps devel actually have this 5000hp v16 that runs on rocket fuel and they just knocked up the body in a rush a week before the auto show.

Of course, if they did manage that and were serious, as I think you are suggesting, they ruined their prospects by opening to the public with a poor workmanship and frightening low quality.

I believe that with enough money a car with these specs could be built (with limited practicality) but this does not look to be it.
VW lost money on a 250mph car, which was immaculately built. With all their resources, they couldn't make a car to be built practically at £1mill (cost £5mill to make...).

Your point of 2000hp engines is irrelevant simply because this one claims to have over double that AND be reliable. Which, lets be honest, doesn't sit hand in hand with each other, not to mention the fact that tyres, gearboxes, aerodynamics and all the rest would need testing hugely, requiring CFD, possibly wind tunnels, test mules for the mechanicals, working with tyre makers (as VW did), making it pass emission laws (Yeah, not likely...) and making it easy to drive, as no rich man would buy this car to take it to 350, it'll be a 35mph showboat around Knightsbridge at the hands of a rich kid from KSA, so this is a must.

Now if they had test mules out and actually gave us any sort of details on **how** they're planning to do this the claims would be a lot more realistic.

I take it this car would fall apart completely at 160 mph (generously) with the engine kept flying forward like those space rockets :lol:

Honestly I don't know what would be more hilarious, if it turns out to be a complete flop that catches on fire every time you turn the steering wheel, or if it turns out to legitimately be a record breaker. Though judging from what we've seen of it, it looks like the only thing it'll break is anything travelling behind it as the car slowly falls apart. :lol:

Honestly I don't know what would be more hilarious, if it turns out to be a complete flop that catches on fire every time you turn the steering wheel, or if it turns out to legitimately be a record breaker. Though judging from what we've seen of it, it looks like the only thing it'll break is anything travelling behind it as the car slowly falls apart. :lol:
I'm sure it's the former.

It only revs to 5k RPM?
I think the inner dial is revs (to 10k) and the outer dial is a Veyron-esque power meter, measuring BHP used.
That would make sense, or, two theories to fit with the outrageous specs the car has been given:
  1. It has a giant diesel engine from a tugboat, it doesn't need to rev very high at all.
  2. You're supposed to multiply that number again, DQuaN. It revs to 5,000,000 RPM, because the car runs on liquid fairies and antimatter.

I can't believe that anyone in the world hasn't noticed the amazing engineering feat this car has, it's the first car of it's type that nobody saw coming.

It's the 1st car in the world that is self-fueled, the fuel in this case is it's own bull****.

What if tomorrow Road & Track publishes a road test on the car, and it turns out everything they have claimed is true?

Naaaaaaah.

Anyone who goes 'oh c'mon, give it a chance, it might be legit' has to be smoking something ridiculously potent.

Look at it. Just take a long hard look at it.

And the stats. They're taken from Wipeout or F-Zero by the looks of things. Plus, how anyone can claim that a completely unheard of company, with no prior car making experience could possibly get their first ever car to excel any previous engineering bounds set by companies with millions invested in R&D is totally beyond me. I'm actually stunned that the thing actually runs and drives.

Not to mention you'll never find anybody to take this to 350 if it was theoretically possible in any way, because this thing is bound to turn backwards and fall apart, and when a thing that creates downforce at high speed starts going backwards, it creates lift. And that massive rear wing would certainly do that.

Back