Did you beat Senna's record: post your best time.

Getting Silver on Brands with DS3 is tricky. Running traction control on 5 seemed to help me. The key to a good time is maximising your speed through paddock and druids hairpin.

Monza, however, was a breeze.

Here you go. ;)

Nice driving. Everyone should watch this video. It demonstrates that you don't have to drive like a lunatic to be fast in this car. You only need to hit your marks as you would in a real car. Get the entry speed right, power off through the corner, stay on the racing line down to the apex (where all the grip is), power on as early as possible and use the whole track. 👍👍

Last edited:
I was lazy and stopped after I got gold on all of them.

DAP - 59.301
F3 - 42.962
97T Monza - 1:17.182
97T Brands - 1:06.371

Just for clarity, I bought the 97T first and did the time trials about a week later, which is why I absolutely destroyed Monza. I'd already had over 1k miles in that car under my belt before I did them. Otherwise that time would make no damn sense, I know lol.

Seriously, how the **** are you supposed to even come close to silver on Brands Hatch with the lotus on a DS3 ???

The car has like no grip accelerating out of a corner and constantly is on the edge of spinning me like a beyblade.

Best i've done:
1:15,038

In contrast, the Formula 3 car was pretty easy to get since it's pretty much glued to the circuit.

Note:
I'm your "casual" gamer...

Turning active steering on really helped me when I first did it with a DS3, it smooths out your inputs to be more like a wheel.

Well, manual transmission did do alot,

I managed to get close after an hour of trying, 1:10.408
But then my concentration was gone and after another half hour the power of the DS3 was, too. :D

I usually screw it up on either the first or mostly the last corner.

Last edited:
My make or break corner is Surtees, the uphill lefthander leading to Pilgrim's Drop (back straight). Hard to find grip there and easy to make a small bobble and you lose time all the way down the straight. Keeping the momentum going through Hawthorn, Westfield and Dingleberries is also crucial.

image.jpg

In response to @332i 's time I went and improved mine. ;)

Next goal? Sub 1:17s. :mischievous:

Checkmate. :lol:

I don't think I've ever gripped my DS3 more than I did on that lap. :P

Edit: that GIF is very likely not AUP friendly so it you may want to change it to something more family friendly. ;)

Last edited:
Get the hell out. You really did that with a DS3??
That is crazzzzy. You must be screwing with me. That had to have been with a wheel.

Get the hell out. You really did that with a DS3??
That is crazzzzy. You must be screwing with me. That had to have been with a wheel.
Yep, the only changes I've made is to make room for the RA menu but apart from that it's a stock DS3 with default controls ( X to go, square to stop etc). :D

Yep, the only changes I've made is to make room for the RA menu but apart from that it's a stock DS3 with default controls ( X to go, square to stop etc). :D
I'm going to quote this post many times in discussions about DS3 vs. Wheel when the DS3 boys insist this type of thing just can't be done.:lol: Well done btw:tup:👍

It took me forever to get gold for the F3 and the Lotus at Brands Hatch. I'll try to post my videos on YouTube later.

Kart: 0:59.993

F3: 0:43.020

Lotus at Monza: 1:24.919

Lotus at Brands Hatch: 1:06.885

(I used a DS3, automatic, traction control on 1, ABS 1, and steering sensitivity on 7. X for acceleration, square for braking, left toggle stick for steering.)

Last edited:
Turning active steering on really helped me when I first did it with a DS3, it smooths out your inputs to be more like a wheel.
I'm not sure if this was the reason but when I used active steering, I never got gold, only silver on the 2 Brands Hatch events, when I turned it off I got gold. Another thing I notice is that my heart pounds hard, that tells me I'm going to get a good lap :D which it did today.

Finally got around to doing the Brands Senna event. With a DS3 with ABS 1 but no other aids, I managed to get gold in 18 minutes, only a few hundredths under the time but not a perfect lap.

EDIT: now did a 1.06.116

Last edited:
Gotten gold on everything so far, except the last event at Brands Hatch. Still have another two seconds and change to find somewhere on the track.

hsh
DAP Racing Kart @ Stowe: 56.465
WSR '83 @ Brands Hatch: 42.000
Lotus 97T @ Monza: 1:17.753
Lotus 97T @ Brands Hatch: 1:03.805

Default DS3-controller settings.
ABS 1, otherwise no aids.

Cheers :cheers:

It seems that I have a doppelgänger. :sly:

Well done on taking first in the kart event and pipping my time in the WSR event. 👍

3rd at both Monza and Brands Hatch in the Lotus as well.

Nice driving. ;)👍

It seems that I have a doppelgänger. :sly:

Well done on taking first in the kart event and pipping my time in the WSR event. 👍

3rd at both Monza and Brands Hatch in the Lotus as well.

Nice driving. ;)👍
Thanks Vic... kind words.
Takes a bit of perseverance and commitment, as you would know all about..... Your Monza-time is crazy quick, well done!

Will upload proof (image) if needed.
Btw, would it be possible to attach the GT6-replay-datafile here for scrutineering.

Yup....but it's never going to be a breeze with the DS3.... any DS3 user would testify to that.

Cheers, hsh. :cheers:

Finally got gold in last race, thanks to Vic Reign93 video, staying in higher gears is what helped. Ds3 1:07.131 . Like most here more time in it, but I am out of here.

Tried playing with BB , but have to reset it each lap so left it at stock.

Back