Did you beat Senna's record: post your best time.

I really enjoyed this content, went back to it today in between matches to kill some time. Had a go at Monza specifically and lowered my previous time of 1:23:XX.

DAP Kart@Silverstone - 58:711
F3@Brands Hatch - 42:918
Lotus 97T@Monza - 1:21:475
Lotus 97T@Brands Hatch - 1:06:702

Managed to improve a few times after a short evening session:

DAP Racing Kart @ Stowe: 56.465
WSR '83 @ Brands Hatch: 41.958 (new)
Lotus 97T @ Monza: 1:17.514 (new)

Lotus 97T @ Brands Hatch: 1:03.805

Default DS3-controller settings.
ABS 1, otherwise no aids.

Cheers :cheers:

My best time so far, only ABS set to 1. I use a G25.

IMG_6420.JPG

Here you go. ;)

Awesome,

I've been struggling with getting gold on this by less than 0.5sec
I'd already worked out that being up a gear and on the throttle very early made the car turn so much better, (all aids off)
a couple of slightly different lines and earlier braking in a couple of spots show here which should get me down a lot faster.

Awesome,

I've been struggling with getting gold on this by less than 0.5sec
I'd already worked out that being up a gear and on the throttle very early made the car turn so much better, (all aids off)
a couple of slightly different lines and earlier braking in a couple of spots show here which should get me down a lot faster.

Keep at it and you'll soon have it done and done. 👍;)

I love driving this car though, rewards you if you're smooth with her, but tries to kill you if you're rough.. :D

Also, lots of tyre smoke in your replays, ABS=0..?
I found the car was a pig with any TC turned on too.

I love driving this car though, rewards you if you're smooth with her, but tries to kill you if you're rough.. :D

Also, lots of tyre smoke in your replays, ABS=0..?
I found the car was a pig with any TC turned on too.

Nope, ABS 1. I was just being aggressive getting the car turned in and also leaving the braking quite late. :)

On that lap, I was smooth but found that some aggression helps in some turns.

Guys, I know this is all about beating Senna's record, but I really need help with completing these Senna Challenges. I use a regular PS3 Controller and I am struggling quite mightily to get simply a bronze on these challenges. I'm pretty sure my ABS is about a 1, not sure about traction control, I think I have that set to a lower setting as well. Should I just turn them both off and wing it? Any help at all I would greatly appreciate.

Guys, I know this is all about beating Senna's record, but I really need help with completing these Senna Challenges. I use a regular PS3 Controller and I am struggling quite mightily to get simply a bronze on these challenges. I'm pretty sure my ABS is about a 1, not sure about traction control, I think I have that set to a lower setting as well. Should I just turn them both off and wing it? Any help at all I would greatly appreciate.

Its easier if ABS is turned on, try to set your traction control to 1 or 0, depend on what you like, from then on you just have to get a feel for the car and practice- maybe watch a few youtube videos and try to see how other people drive (what lines they take, when they brake etc) Good luck!

There's a few demo laps which I set in the OP that you can use.

Don't worry, I also ran those times with a DS3. ABS 1 and no TCS, manual gears though.

Take some pointers from them to help you out. ;)

Here are my replay-data files.

Not sure which is which really but should be something like this:
[001] Silverstone
[002] Brands Hatch GP
[003] Brands Hatch Indy
[004] Monza

Feel free to download.

Thanks for putting my name on the scoreboard :cheers:

Attachments

• BCJS37016-RPLY001.zip
    278.1 KB · Views: 16
  • BCJS37016-RPLY002.zip
    312.4 KB · Views: 9
  • BCJS37016-RPLY003.zip
    219.1 KB · Views: 8
  • BCJS37016-RPLY004.zip
    358.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
@hsh no problem, sorry it took a while I thought this thread died :lol:

BTW I can't see the media you posted, I'll have to check on my computer later.

@hsh no problem, sorry it took a while I thought this thread died :lol:

BTW I can't see the media you posted, I'll have to check on my computer later.
No worries Dj.... I was in no rush myself, providing you guys with proof, so....:embarrassed:
Media is clearly visible from here so must be your settings.

Anyways, thanks once again for putting my times up :cheers:

Cheers 👍

Got round to giving these another whirl, this time with my wheel rather than DS3 and I have beaten all of my previous times.....

Stage.1 Stowe: 58:280
Stage.2 Brands Hatch Indy: 42:454

Stage.3 Monza: 1:20.996
Stage.4 Brands Hatch GP: 1:06.887

I'm sure I could do even better with a lot more practice on them, especially stage 4.

Pic shows original DS3 times and tonight's updated wheel times....
Senna-Mission-Replay-List.jpg

:D

A little late to the party but here is my times.

Stage 1: 0:57.823
Stage 2: 0:42.191

Stage 3 Monza: 1:19.820 (Love this time trial)
Stage 4 Brands Hatch: 1:06.900 (This can die in a hell fire)

Stage 1: 0:59.462
Stage 2: 0:42.986
Stage 3: 1:24.769
Stage 4: 1:06.490

That was fun, also got me 100% completion finally for the first time in any GT. (been around since GT2) Stopped at first gold time in each one, no urge to improve.

Gotten gold on everything so far, except the last event at Brands Hatch. Still have another two seconds and change to find somewhere on the track.
...I finally did it! :)

I took about an hour and change to grind on the current Senna seasonal, finally getting Gold (and beating my friends' times... heh heh heh...) so I thought I'd give the final Senna event at Brands Hatch another go.

I was grinding for about two and a half - three hours, constantly restarting, making LOTS of errors, and finding a tenth of a second here, a tenth of a second there... but finally, I did it!

Beat Senna's time... by a mere five-thousandth of a second. O.O

I'll post up pics once I pull 'em off my phone and host them somewhere.

A little late to the party but here is my times.

Stage 1: 0:57.823
Stage 2: 0:42.191

Stage 3 Monza: 1:19.820 (Love this time trial)
Stage 4 Brands Hatch: 1:06.900 (This can die in a hell fire)
:lol: I feel the same. Your times are good till the 4th stage, you should keep at it to get in all top 10

...I finally did it! :)

I took about an hour and change to grind on the current Senna seasonal, finally getting Gold (and beating my friends' times... heh heh heh...) so I thought I'd give the final Senna event at Brands Hatch another go.

I was grinding for about two and a half - three hours, constantly restarting, making LOTS of errors, and finding a tenth of a second here, a tenth of a second there... but finally, I did it!

Beat Senna's time... by a mere five-thousandth of a second. O.O

I'll post up pics once I pull 'em off my phone and host them somewhere.

I'll update your time once you do 👍

updated all others as well.

Stage 1: 0:59.930
Stage 2: 0:43.474
Stage 3: 1:24.532 (First attempt. It was a pretty poor lap and I haven't tried again since, so I should be able to improve it)
Stage 4: 1:07.614 (Cannot do Sheene curve to save my life)

Old time for the DAP Kart (DS3):

0:59.469

New time (G27):

0:58.661

New times coming for the others very soon.

Edit: Here's the new times in the proper format:

DAP Racing Kart #17 '80 @ Stowe: 0:58.661
WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna @ Brands Hatch: 0:42.488

Last edited:
My fastest times are:

Stage 1: 0.59.784

Stage 2: 0.43.135

Stage 3: 1:24.064

Stage 4: 1:07.109

Stage Four was the toughest one to beat if you ask me, I had lots of trouble making the last few corners on Brands Hatch.

I get the feeling the guy who started this thread isn't even keeping up with the new times anymore.

Decided to have a go at Brands Hatch. Got a 1:04.815 with all aids off. Them aliens really know how to make the car turn! :lol:

Last edited:
Had a go at the kart time trial. Tried my absolute hardest. I cannot get the left-hander after the straightaway right for the life of me. The time is 56.666 O'Clock. Err, seconds. :cheers:

Just one more post till I get to quadruple digits!

Back