Did you beat Senna's record: post your best time.

Cheers for the support. My lines are very similar to the Leader's but they are all exiting the slower corners in a higher gear (e.g. 4th vs 3rd) and avoiding wheel spin when powering out of them, I can't seem to replicate that (with AT)... Has anybody completed this task with AT?

Yeah I'm running in automatic, all I do is slowly apply the power, half throttle through the corners will keep your speed up and reduce the risk of wheel spin. Then as I'm straitening the car up on the exit of the corner I feed in the throttle up to full.

I've done that a dozen times already, lol.

I have been giving it a try almost every morning for 20 minutes.

Most of my lap records were done at night. :sly:

I think due to having quite a lot of spare time I can commit myself to going faster but mostly I could put it towards being patient,perseverant and a lot of practice. :lol:

I know most people here don't have much free time to do this so that's why the demo laps make it easier to improve. ;)

Keep practicing and it will come to you. 👍

Picking up another pedal set for my wheel from a friend later today.
My throttle is broken...finally, I can set a fair lap.

As an F1 fanatic, I've played a bunch of games with these classic F1 cars, whether they are just mods like in PC Sims or F2013 (Not sure if that game is a sim, but oh well) and out of all of them, GT6's handling is the easiest to control. I think part of the reason why I'm not pushing the car as much as some other players here is because in real life, some of those driving maneuvers aren't possible. In GT6, you can easily downshift mid corner and not have to think twice about un-balancing the car. The way you can lunge off the brakes and slam the throttle into a corner with just a tad bit of salsa dancing from the rears is a bit un-settling to me. I set a lap the other night (with my broken gas pedal) and tried the whole thing one handed with FFB set to max (Thrust-T500) and I set 1.07.9
If I can get that time, with no real-F1 experience whatsoever (Although I have competed in Formula Mazda's), driving one handed (like Senna often did) with a gas pedal that maxes out throttle at 85%, then something is off, haha.

In short, it kind of reminds you that it's just a game. So enjoy it! If you're frustrated because you can't get gold, then relax, because neither did Niki Lauda :D

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, I thought Senna clocked a 1.06.3 in the 1985 British Grand Prix qualifiers? I was always under the impression that Rosberg smashed the lap record from Piquet...but according to GT6, I'm wrong. I'm a Senna fan, so I just found this disturbing. Does anyone know?

...Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, I thought Senna clocked a 1.06.3 in the 1985 British Grand Prix qualifiers? I was always under the impression that Rosberg smashed the lap record from Piquet...but according to GT6, I'm wrong. I'm a Senna fan, so I just found this disturbing. Does anyone know?

Wikipedia says 1:07.169 was the qualifying lap.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_European_Grand_Prix

You know what, I think you're right. I think I'm thinking about Silverstone. I have to double check when I get time.
Yes, the British GP was held on the Silverstone circuit where Keke Rosberg, (father of current Mercedes GP driver, Nico Rosberg), led the field in qualifying by over 6/10ths of a second. The Brands Hatch event was actually the European GP at that time.

GT6's handling is the easiest to control. I think part of the reason why I'm not pushing the car as much as some other players here is because in real life, some of those driving maneuvers aren't possible. In GT6, you can easily downshift mid corner and not have to think twice about un-balancing the car. The way you can lunge off the brakes and slam the throttle into a corner with just a tad bit of salsa dancing from the rears is a bit un-settling to me.

This is true. You just have to remember that in GT you can be super aggressive. I remember the first time I downshifted entering mid corner in Assetto Corsa, and it made the back step out big time. It reminded me that although GT can be a good teacher, it can also teach you bad habits, as often these produce the fastest times. There is no punishment for some of the things you do, this being one example.

I just notice when u use the clutch on senna's 97T that when you have to up shift you will start to lose speed very fast vs sequential shifting and the acceleration diference is big i can lose 0.25 out of a corner on BH on every acl but when u down shift with the clutch you can turn a corner faster than a sequential down shifting ( like 5km/h faster at entry).
So did you toe heel when downshift?

Most of my lap records were done at night. :sly:

I think due to having quite a lot of spare time I can commit myself to going faster but mostly I could put it towards being patient,perseverant and a lot of practice. :lol:

I know most people here don't have much free time to do this so that's why the demo laps make it easier to improve. ;)

Keep practicing and it will come to you. 👍

And I never would have thought that this event could possibly be any tougher than S-5 Licence challenge (Veyron @ Ascari), but I've put more time into this Senna event than that and I haven't been able to consistently even get close to my current best of 1:08.XXX

I just can't seem to get the "rythm" of this track down and it's extremely frustrating.

If only we could enable SRF.. lol.

And I never would have thought that this event could possibly be any tougher than S-5 Licence challenge (Veyron @ Ascari), but I've put more time into this Senna event than that and I haven't been able to consistently even get close to my current best of 1:08.XXX

I just can't seem to get the "rythm" of this track down and it's extremely frustrating.

If only we could enable SRF.. lol.

You need to hit the tight brake while corners. I tried and beat it twice. Worked like a charm.

First attempt: 1:07.163 then after 10 mins, 1:07.134 using DS3. Great challenge!

This is true. You just have to remember that in GT you can be super aggressive. I remember the first time I downshifted entering mid corner in Assetto Corsa, and it made the back step out big time. It reminded me that although GT can be a good teacher, it can also teach you bad habits, as often these produce the fastest times. There is no punishment for some of the things you do, this being one example.

Yup, I've seen some really aggressive maneuvers with little to no consequences in GT6. I'm a bit old-fashioned, been karting since I was little and currently compete in GT2 (SCCA), so I tend to keep my driving habits when I play GT6. Sometimes, that's just not enough.

All are quite easy, except the Brands one with the Lotus.
1:07.5 and man I know I have atleast 1 second in me (when I nail all sectors ;)). But the first turn gets me or the 3rd last -_-

i'm feeling unhappy to beat Senna ... now,
i'm searching tires to make it impossible ;)
(or better: real) ... Ss? or even Sm r.

Last edited:
With ABS still 3 pedaling it..
25WQ4ik-0h_jwIdovNWuySLsX1e2i6lj2D2QqWAMsnNj=w1117-h826-no

You can commit to braking a lot harder without worry about locking up the front and wash out...really helps actually with the fast corners in the later half of the lap...

FYI I did update my Brands time to this...

Haven't even played all them yet. It took me a while to get gold in the easy cart race. I attempted the next one and got silver easy, but shaving off the little extra to get gold always takes me forever. I always have the drive of my life and see it's only 0.043 away from gold and get so discouraged lol

So I decided to set my wheel up for these challenges (takes an age), I just about golded them with a pad but I wanted to see how much faster I could go with a wheel. My first thought was wow, the Lotus is so much easier to control with a wheel, just the ability to hold the wheel with feedback made things so much better, plus the better control of course. So much smoother in the first chicane and Lesmo's.

So anyway I improved across the board. Monza was the biggest gain, previous pad time was 1:24.5.

Kart: 59.032
Brands F3: 42.113
Monza Lotus: 1.21.256
Brands Lotus: 1.06.852

I had to double check that F3 time because there is no way I'm anywhere close to the top guys (As the other times show) but it's right, so I guess the fact there are only two real corners helped!

Off topic but I also gained over two seconds on round 4 of GT Academy using a wheel. The benefit is huge these days.

Stage 1 (Kart): 0:58.385
Stage 2 (F3): 0:42.646
Stage 3 (97T Monza): 1:19.123
Stage 4 (97T Brands Hatch) 1:05.604

Videos can be found in my youtube channel or by searching "GT6 Flaren89 - Senna Tribute". Tell me if for you it's better to link them here.

Seriously, how the **** are you supposed to even come close to silver on Brands Hatch with the lotus on a DS3 ???

The car has like no grip accelerating out of a corner and constantly is on the edge of spinning me like a beyblade.

Best i've done:
1:15,038

In contrast, the Formula 3 car was pretty easy to get since it's pretty much glued to the circuit.

Note:
I'm your "casual" gamer...

Last edited:
Seriously, how the **** are you supposed to even come close to silver on Brands Hatch with the lotus on a DS3 ???

The car has like no grip accelerating out of a corner and constantly is on the edge of spinning me like a beyblade.

Best i've done:
1:15,038

In contrast, the Formula 3 car was pretty easy to get since it's pretty much glued to the circuit.

Note:
I'm your "casual" gamer...

I would say I'm also a casual gamer. :sly:

I also ran a DS3 when I ran those demo laps in the OP.

If your using automatic, then you'll lose time through excessive wheelspin and changing gears more often, especially out of turns 2,4 and 9.

If you're running manual, take turn 2 in 3rd, 4 and 9 can be taken in 4th with a good line.

Back