Did you beat Senna's record: post your best time.

A bit too easy if you ask me.

1:23.7 in Monza after only 3 attempts. Now doing Brands Hatch.

At least the car is not very easy to drive which is good (those cars were a handful)

No doubt it is, but I'm not going to try in the TT event, the stock setup is too understeery for me. I tweaked the lower gears, increased the front downforce and reduced the rear downforce in free run and churned out a 1:14 in a few laps, using ABS1 only. You can make the car handle great with 30 seconds of tuning.

Have you dialed out the camber? I heard that also improves the handling on the 97T. ;)

There's also a surprising amount of visual changes you can make as well to the 97T. 👍

My laptimes:
DAP Kart
Silverstone: 0:59.930

Ralt RT3
Brands Hatch: 0:43.085

Lotus 97T
Monza: 1:24.993
Brands Hatch: 1:06.866

TC: 0, ABS: 5, DS3

I should probably just stick to drifting. :lol:

Love the two formula cars! But these challenges were such a chore with penalties.

Took around 25 attempts for Monza in the Lotus but the first lap I actually completed I got a 1:21.869. Accidentally clicked restart being so happy I actually finished the lap so I didn't get to watch/save the replay.
Monza 1980 far better circuit compared to the current layout imo.

Brands Hatch took a heap of attempts getting 1:08s then finally got a 1:07.008 on a dirty lap but aced the blind high speed turns 5, 6, 7.

Both completed with G25 using H-pattern (No clutch) ABS 0 TC 0 AS off. Way more fun to drive with ABS off.

From 1:07.452 to 1:06.515 on Brands Hatch just by adjusted the steering sensibility option from -2 to +5 ( pad with joystick / traction control on 1 ) , look like an sub 1:05 is easily achievable with steering wheel. Was a lot of fun even on dualshock :cheers:

In the 97T at Monza I got 1:23.955. 1:06.340 at Brands Hatch.

Monza was quite simple. The lap I did was my first timed lap after a couple of exploration runs, and it was very tentative. I imagine much faster times are possible.

Brands Hatch was brutal though. Gave it as much as I dared and it took a while to beat, kept messing up the end of the lap.

Anyone running this with ABS 0? I did a few goes with the sticks early this morning at ABS 0 and it is quite controllable. I didn't get Gold, but it can be done. Silver was easy and I was just a tenth or two off the Gold standard. I'll give it a go with the wheel tonight.

On the question about the cars. To get the kart and Formula 3 you have to get gold. To get the 97T you have to get at least silver on the Brands Hatch time trial.

Im stuck at 1.08.994 on BH. I can improve on a corner but then I get tail happy and go spin.

A bit too easy if you ask me.

1:23.7 in Monza after only 3 attempts. Now doing Brands Hatch.

At least the car is not very easy to drive which is good (those cars were a handful)[/quote

Amazed at all the professional drivers on here.

Anyone running this with ABS 0? I did a few goes with the sticks early this morning at ABS 0 and it is quite controllable. I didn't get Gold, but it can be done. Silver was easy and I was just a tenth or two off the Gold standard. I'll give it a go with the wheel tonight.

I am. It's quite easy to lock the inside front wheel when turning.

Monza: 1:18.827
Brands Hatch: 1:04.187

To me Brands Hatch was easier, probably because the track hasn't changed as much as Monza.

My laptimes:
DAP Kart
Silverstone: 0:58.535

Ralt RT3
Brands Hatch: 0:42.620

Lotus 97T
Monza: 1:21.927
Brands Hatch: 1:06.022

TC: 0, ABS: 1, DS3

I saved the replays for the Lotus laps, might try getting them onto Youtube.
hi, feeling that you are using for ds3?

hi, feeling that you are using for ds3?
Controller sensitivity is on 7 because it's what I'm used to, I think it's faster but easier to crash.

(I hope I understood the question).

I'm uploading the replays now, could take a while but I'll post the links when they're done...

Edit: The upload was surprisingly quick (480p ftw!), I've added the replays to my first post

Last edited:
Shame they never bothered to make it hard to get Gold. Rather worrying if this is going to be the trend for future GT games. A bit disrespectful to Senna too in my opinion. Will give these time trials a go later on.

Did the install just before I crashed for the night, can't wait to try these today.

Jerome

I am. It's quite easy to lock the inside front wheel when turning.

Monza: 1:18.827
Brands Hatch: 1:04.187

To me Brands Hatch was easier, probably because the track hasn't changed as much as Monza.
I love the feel of the "turn in" ABS 0 offers. ABS 1 just doesn't replicate that at all.

I can't remember the times I got for the F3 and lotus rounds. But I do have a picture of my kart lap time.....

image.jpg

This was on the second go too :lol:

Back