Did you beat Senna's record: post your best time.

Shame they never bothered to make it hard to get Gold. Rather worrying if this is going to be the trend for future GT games. A bit disrespectful to Senna too in my opinion. Will give these time trials a go later on.
It is rather difficult to get gold, I managed to get a silver, but then again I'm not really a racer.

Shame they never bothered to make it hard to get Gold. Rather worrying if this is going to be the trend for future GT games.

Maybe you didn't find it hard enough, but I didn't find any of these challenges easy to do on a DS3 with aids off.

Shame they never bothered to make it hard to get Gold. Rather worrying if this is going to be the trend for future GT games. A bit disrespectful to Senna too in my opinion. Will give these time trials a go later on.
You know how easy it is to gold these yet you haven't tried them yet? I wish I had your foresight!

Not even close!! :lol: I'm always at a disadvantage because of using a DS3 so I give it a few tries but if it's too challenging I don't stress about it. I'm more than happy with Bronze or silver. And I don't have a strong desire to beat Senna, I'm happy to leave his records unbroken :D (a perfect excuse!)

As far as them not being challenging enough, this is a real lap time set by a world champion driver. I like a challenge but when it comes to a simulation I'd much prefer the simulator represent reality and real times. If a record setting lap time is so easily beat I'd want the game modified to better represent reality than to have unrealistic lap times to beat. Just my two cents.

For me, this challenge is sort've a dream come true, I've always tried to beat real drivers lap times in identical conditions so to be able to beat the qualifying records in their exact configurations with the exact car is huge.

I am rather disappointed that PD didn't include built-in leaderboards for these events. It would have been a nice touch.

Stage 1 - 0:59.277
Stage 2 - 0:42.991
Stage 3 - 1:24.275
Stage 4 - 1:07.046

Monza: 1:24.054
Brand's Hatch: 1:06.843

Monza was pretty easy, nailed it on my third complete lap (had a few run-offs on some laps). Brand's Hatch was a lot more difficult, especially as it's not one of my favourite tracks, I probably did over 10 laps before I got gold.

The technique that helped me is to brake as late as possible and to stay off the throttle through the corners until you know you can floor it again. The car tends to understeer a lot even if you use only a little throttle through the corners, so stay off it completely until you're sure that it's safe to accelerate again.

For me, this challenge is sort've a dream come true, I've always tried to beat real drivers lap times in identical conditions so to be able to beat the qualifying records in their exact configurations with the exact car is huge.

I don't see any "identical conditions", where a "average" racing game player beat the lap time from a professional racedriver by seconds.
I think the soft racing tires have too much grip to be the exact configuration for this car.

These are the real lap times from 1985 in Monza and they all are far from what you can achieve in the game:
http://f1-facts.com/results/race/1985/31/classification

I'll be aware that is just a game and people want to succeed, but it's still a kind of weird. :)

I don't see any "identical conditions", where a "average" racing game player beat the lap time from a professional racedriver by seconds.

Ok as close as possible. I realize its won't be always that exact (Fear factor and all that) but as somebody who has no shot at actually driving the car (or any really), its as close I'll get.

I'll be aware that is just a game and people want to succeed, but it's still a kind of weird. :)

I must be weird then because I have an entire video series where I specifically do this (not just in GT, but in other sims as well). That's just a challenge that I more so as a race fan enjoy doing.

Enjoyed the Monza one immensely.

Ended up on a 1:18.6. Can't remember my Brands one, but I didn't enjoy that one nearly as much, so I think I just got the gold time and left.

All with ABS 0 and no aids by the way.

It is rather difficult to get gold, I managed to get a silver, but then again I'm not really a racer.
Going by times posted here, gold can be beaten by a big margin.
Maybe you didn't find it hard enough, but I didn't find any of these challenges easy to do on a DS3 with aids off.
I haven't tried yet, just going by times posted on here.
You know how easy it is to gold these yet you haven't tried them yet? I wish I had your foresight!
I made my judgement on times already done.
It is very different conditions, if it was similar then there would be a much smaller percentage of people getting gold and by a much smaller margin.

Going by times posted here, gold can be beaten by a big margin.

You're going off the few times posted here. Not everyone get gold by that much of a margin, pretty sure the more posted times come, the amount of people who golded it the way they did will get smaller relative to those who at best were lucky enough to get bronze.

It is very different conditions, if it was similar then there would be a much smaller percentage of people getting gold and by a much smaller margin.

As I said in a previous post, "As close as possible". I already acknowledge that conditions won't always be exact. I'm still confident the amount of people golding it with that big of margin will be very small after this has had at least a weeks worth of times.

All the challenges are quite easy except the Brands Hatch challenge.

It's the new "Vettel X" type of challenge like in GT5.

You're going off the few times posted here. Not everyone get gold by that much of a margin, pretty sure the more posted times come, the amount of people who golded it the way they did will get smaller relative to those who at best were lucky enough to get bronze.
People are beating Senna's time by a huge margin like Monza by over 6 seconds. I doubt there are many people that could beat Senna in qualifying, likewise this should be just as difficult but slightly easier given you've multiple attempts to drive close to limit than limited runs in real life qualifying in dynamic conditions. They should at least try and replicate the difficulty of putting together a lap to compete with Senna.

As I said in a previous post, "As close as possible". I already acknowledge that conditions won't always be exact. I'm still confident the amount of people golding it with that big of margin will be very small after this has had at least a weeks worth of times.
It ain't as close as possible as it is really far away, if it was close, you would have heard on here how hard it is to get Gold even after multiple attempts. There are still people beating by a big chunk of time with very few attempts. PD are putting Senna at a level considerably lower than Taki Inoue.

An update on my Monza time, just ran a 1:19.731 with no TC and ABS at 1.

Edit: sliced a whole second of my DAP time to a 58.027. No TC, running a DS3.

Last edited:
People are beating Senna's time by a huge margin like Monza by over 6 seconds. I doubt there are many people that could beat Senna in qualifying, likewise this should be just as difficult but slightly easier given you've multiple attempts to drive close to limit than limited runs in real life qualifying in dynamic conditions. They should at least try and replicate the difficulty of putting together a lap to compete with Senna.

I'm reffering to the car and track, not the scenario (which I'm well aware wasn't replicated as no console sim ever does. Even Codemaster's attempts aren't nearly as spot on (though not as hilariously far off as Activision)

It ain't as close as possible as it is really far away, if it was close, you would have heard on here how hard it is to get Gold even after multiple attempts. There are still people beating by a big chunk of time with very few attempts. PD are putting Senna at a level considerably lower than Taki Inoue.

I would've said Luca Badoer, but maybe its just me. Its a console sim so I wasn't expecting them to go that far and as I said, rarely does any console sim actually does replicate the scenario.

Point is though, you're making it seem like nobody is having a hard time with this, all the while there are posts (including mine) that are saying they aren't (mostly regarding the Brands Hatch portion). I don't even know why you had to quote my post regarding how this was a dream come true to me as it had nothing to do with this and I simply expressed how I was excited I was that I've been given an official challenge of beating a drivers time (as opposed to making my own).

My times done with a G27

Stage 1 - 58:459
Stage 2 - 42:642
Stage 3 - 1:21:064
Stage 4 - 1:06:719

Definitely going to have another crack at stage's 2-3 some time when I get the chance. Losing so much time on those older circuit's especially Brands :grumpy:.

I'd much rather they separate the prizes from the achievements and introduce a platinum trophy, pre-tested to be very difficult to achieve. Make the bronze time relatively easy and give all the meaningful prizes out for achieving that. Then make the silver and gold as tough or a little tougher than they are now, and platinum something perhaps only the top 5% of pilots could attain to give it some real status. No prizes, just a virtual trophy saying you achieved platinum that perhaps shows up when you go online or wherever.

What I've done so far:
image.jpg

Think I got a 57.8 on the karting. I redid a good few times after golded it. The key is using the brakes on only like corner 2, 5,6,7. And 9. Rest can be done with full power or a slight lift.

Monza: 1:24.054
Brand's Hatch: 1:06.843

Monza was pretty easy, nailed it on my third complete lap (had a few run-offs on some laps). Brand's Hatch was a lot more difficult, especially as it's not one of my favourite tracks, I probably did over 10 laps before I got gold.

The technique that helped me is to brake as late as possible and to stay off the throttle through the corners until you know you can floor it again. The car tends to understeer a lot even if you use only a little throttle through the corners, so stay off it completely until you're sure that it's safe to accelerate again.

I actually found that given the amount of low end torque in the stage 4 challenge made it easier to rotate the car then i would up shift early when coming out of the corner

I'd agree with what most are saying. All the golds are fairly easy except for brands. It definitely took some time. I don't play GT6 that much because of how much it sucked early on but am getting back into it so I'm not that familiar with brands hatch anyway. I think my first legal run was 6 seconds above the gold and ended up beating it by 0.10 after about 25 minutes and then stopped. My advice (if anyone cares) is to stay wide on the first blind right hand and dive through it and cut the apexes as much as possible towards the end because most are pretty flat and won't spin you out. I also never go below 3rd gear. I just stay about half throttle in 3rd or bump the accelerator slightly a few times before exiting to get the boost pressure up without accelerating very much.

Latest Posts

Back