Did You See Anything Good Today? 'Event and Showroom Edition'

• Thread starter Rue
  • 4,148 comments

Rue

Apparantly...
Premium
Hong Kong
Hong Kong SAR
Welcome! This thread is here to show off all your excellent pics of cars at showrooms, private collections shows, track days, concours, cruises and other such events. It's also here to prevent the saturation of such pics in the DYSAGT thread.

So, here are the (few) rules of the new thread:

Do...

... post pics that you have taken yourself (if a friend has some great pics, why not refer them to GTP?!)

... give us some background about the event or location of the showroom and if it's a private collection, how you came to be there

... spare a thought for slower connections by posting reasonable sized images (I find a max of 800x600 works best for these threads) If you have mega-sized images, please link us to them via thumbnails or links

... your best to submit the best photos you can. The beauty of an event is that you have time to set up a shot. So try and give us some creative photos, not just point-and-click shots if possible

Don't...

... post other peoples images of cars you have seen. We want to see your pictures!

... disrespect another person's contribution. Some of us have access to events or showrooms containing amazing cars, for some people the local Morris Minor owners club fete may be a treat. If you truly think the cars you've seen are interesting or special, then who is to argue?

Here's my first contribution and an example of what we want to be seeing in here:

Aston Martin Owner's Club - Brooklands, Surrey, UK - June 2009
I went along to Brooklands on a soaking wet day when I was in England in June. By a stroke of luck the AMOC was a having a modestly sized event. The cars looked beautiful as the sun broke through the clouds. There was also a few TVRs there to top it off, though I've never been a huge fan.

ast_1013cx.jpg

ast_4488po.jpg

ast_60ben.jpg

ast_bxy649.jpg

ast_db6_alu41h.jpg

ast_db6_bwc369f.jpg

ast_db6_ggw2c.jpg

ast_db6_kyc616d.jpg

ast_db7_v12sfe.jpg

ast_db7gt_oy52tfe.jpg

ast_db_xjw111.jpg

ast_dbs.jpg

ast_dbs_gpe477j.jpg

ast_thx259.jpg

ast_ug8090.jpg

ast_v8vantage_b703foc.jpg

ast_v8vantage_g1amv.jpg

ast_vanquish_rx56wdk.jpg

ast_vanquishs.jpg

ast_vantagevolante_e946pmh.jpg

ast_virage_g825bpv.jpg

tvr_chimeara_t775jah.jpg

tvr_ewe44h.jpg

Supercar showroom, Tadworth, Surrey, UK
This showroom is just down the road from my grandparents home in Surrey. I was gobsmacked to see two Veyrons and two Enzos in there as well as an 8C, SLR and some other beauties. Unfortunately I appear to have mislaid the Enzo pics =(
alf_8c.jpg

ast_dbs.jpg

bug_veyron_001.jpg

The Lotus Evora has arrived in Hong Kong. This silver one was in the official dealer's window
lot_evora_00a.jpg

This Spyker was in the window of Carpro, a garage just opposite from a bar I visit
spy.jpg

A few of the rarer cars at the Top Gear Live event in HK. The Zonda has recently been at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, but I think it is owned by Hong Kong based garage SPS (As the SPS stickers were still on it at GFoS)
DSCF2192.jpg

DSCF2194.jpg

DSCF2199.jpg

DSCF2203.jpg

DSCF2216.jpg

DSCF2244.jpg

Gorgeous F50 in Italian Motors showroom
fer_f50_00a.jpg

I was surprised to see this Lexus LF-A a few months ago in the local Lexus dealer
lex_lfa_00a.jpg

lex_lfa_00b.jpg

... and also this R8 Le Mans in the Audi dealer
r8lm.png

r8lm3.png

r8lm2.png

So, there you have it. Enjoy and get posting!

First post and it's already a 56k warning. Although im not on 56k :P.

That R8 looks haaawwwt.

I actually went show room hunting today based on a couple of tips I received. The results are fairly awesome as you'll about to see. Two were fairly epic spots to say the least.

Aston Martian Vantage, I said I had retired the baby Aston but I don't recall having a red one in my collection.
IMG_0477.jpg

Maserati Catfish with an awesome earth friendly rating :lol:
IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

Alfa 8C
IMG_0491.jpg

Saleen S7, apparently they build Saleen's near me which I never knew and apparently they have a factory tour which I'm still lost why I've never been on.
5292_589799854586_38505333_34191117_7013658_n.jpg

Spyker C8 Laviolette LM85, all I can say is that I really want that in my life. Sadly I couldn't see the sticker price but I have to imagine it said "first born".
IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

How old is that Enzo & McLaren pic? Because I'm positive I remember Wallace's McLaren being sold shortly sometime after the 2 were shown at that dealer.

The BullRun road rally started yesterday on the 11th and I was in NYC for the start. Saw some sick cars!

997 GT3
3712473573_b61d63a93e_b.jpg

Right to left: CCXR, Superleggera, Superleggera with LP560 front, F430, and R8 Raptor.
3713281678_9bff15f4f1_b.jpg

TechArt GT Street!!
3712466765_fe62be0537_b.jpg

SLR Roadster
3713268562_84376012ca_b.jpg

PPI Razor...? Forgot the name.
3713255846_155acac064_b.jpg

GT-R
3712441535_5a2729d714_b.jpg

Another Superleggera
3713245802_12c036bf00_b.jpg

SPhilli911, your photos in the threads I have seen you post in are FANTASTIC! That SLR pic is the mutts nuts. Keep up the amazing quality of your spots 👍 👍

Thank you very much Rue! I really appreciate that comment. I just bought a new camera (Nikon D90) and my list of car events is still growing so expect more. :D

How old is that Enzo & McLaren pic? Because I'm positive I remember Wallace's McLaren being sold shortly sometime after the 2 were shown at that dealer.

They were both owned by Bruce Weiner, the guy who used to own Dubble Bubble and looking back at the dates, it's about 3 years old

Last edited:
My town was having its annual celebration. These were from the small car show they had.

1955 Chevy Bel Air
DSCF0132.jpg

DSCF0130.jpg

1964 Chevy Corvair
DSCF0117.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg

Ford Mustang Convert
DSCF0097.jpg

DSCF0119.jpg

1957 Chevy Bel Air
DSCF0099.jpg

DSCF0101.jpg

1958 Chevy Impala
DSCF0103.jpg

DSCF0102.jpg

Ford rat rod
DSCF0105.jpg

with pistol shifter:sly:
DSCF0108.jpg

1968 Chevy Chevelle SS?
DSCF0129.jpg

DSCF0127.jpg

DSCF0124.jpg

We went to the Gilmore Car Museum during the British car gathering and it had your typical Minis, Triumphs, Mgs, and such but one car stood out. And it was for sale.

A 1969? He didn't even know but a Marcos GT I belive. Since I'm in the states it was surprising to see one and for only $2,700 and it was right hand drive with the Ford 3 liter V6. We were tempted to buy it but sadly don't have the room or money. Yes it needs work.....a lot actually but it would of been worth it.

IMG_6164.jpg

IMG_6162.jpg

IMG_6160.jpg

Oh and a Jaguar XK-SS caught my eye too.

IMG_6132.jpg

A 1969? He didn't even know but a Marcos GT I belive. Since I'm in the states it was surprising to see one and for only $2,700 and it was right hand drive with the Ford 3 liter V6. We were tempted to buy it but sadly don't have the room or money. Yes it needs work.....a lot actually but it would of been worth it.

you would only be getting it for novelty value ;)
is that a plywood or steel one?
guy i knew used to have one, nose heavy skitty thing, he said it drove like a shopping trolley and he did wonder why they put on an overdrive instead of just another gear :lol:

Ha yep pretty much the only reason we wanted one was bacause its something we don't see often and it looks kinda cool......in an weird stance not seen a lot kinda way. And I'm not sure if it was wood or not I didn't know enough about them to look.

Bullrun made it to Atlanta yesterday, we didn't know it was coming so this could technically go in either thread
IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

SLR Roadster
IMG_2361.jpg

TechArt GT Street
IMG_2366.jpg

R8
IMG_2363.jpg

GT500 Super Snake
IMG_2362.jpg

There were a few other cars, 2 430's and some muscle cars that were in the back lot and we weren't allowed to go back there for pictures

Fun day for me. True they none of them were a real surprise, but they look good no matter what.

Well for these my dad and I went past the Saleen plant I guess and planned on taking pictures through the windows and some guy said it was closed but let us in to look around. Well we started talking to him and he told us about the current state of Saleen and stuff then took us through the old assembly area and paint area. So we got a tour of the whole place just by luck. It was pretty cool. And I got to sit in the S7 so no complaints.

IMG_6373.jpg

Saleen Mustangs....this one had 02 on it.

IMG_6369.jpg

Its a bit dark.

IMG_6374.jpg

Troy Auto Mall.

IMG_6375.jpg

Joey posted this two from the outside

IMG_6377.jpg

IMG_6389.jpg

Someone else posted this from the ouside too. I got a little bit closer.

IMG_6397.jpg

And these two were at a BMW dealership.

The Bentley is eh not to rare but we were next to it. And the GT-R...is well the GT-R

IMG_6407.jpg

IMG_6406.jpg

I looked through those really fast and though "wait a minute, I know those cars" then I read what you wrote. I posted the SAAB as well a couple of times I think, it's in the McCain Building in downtown Birmingham.

Just curious, did you get a price on the Spyker and the 8C? I'm wondering what they are selling for.

That's sort of what I figured, I'll have to pop in there soon as I don't really live all that far away from there. We're they cool with your walking around and taking pictures of the cars? I've always felt a little weird about doing that at a dealer.

I didn't really want to either but no one was there. You have to got in through Bentley and walk throught them all and everyone was Bentley, Lambo, and one in Rolls. But everyone was nice so I don't think they really care.

It probably breaks up the day for them. I can't imagine they have to many people beating down the door to drop 300g's on a supercar right now, especially in SE Michigan. Although when I was test driving cars the other day there was some guy out testing a Gallardo and a Murci.

Taken at Thruxton race track, it was available to drive for 3 laps at £140. I decided to drive a 430 scuderia instead but I'm going to have to go back for a drive in it when I have the money.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back