DIRT 3 Video Thread

• Thread starter MrSchwarz
  • 268 comments
Sweet video. Ill have one for you all soon too.

I recently got a GoPro camera lol So I'm gonna have some fun and make super dorky videos.

Last edited:
DIRT 3 PC with TrackIR 5

Max settings DX11, All assists off and hardest difficulty. Used a Driving Force GT wheel. It's no Richard Burns Rally but it looks and plays pretty well. Definitely an improvement over Dirt 2. I just wish the stages were not so short.

Hi Guys, Wanted a "Video Thread" for showing the game in action.
Slick Moves / Crashes / Overtakes / Jumps / Gymkhana whatever you want!!!

This could be a great thread with the different gameplay modes and thrills of this game.
Im going to put up a personal small prize for whoever posts the most entertaining video(s) by before the end of June.

MMpJ2.jpg

[Youtube]_O7iUiftbKU&feature=related[/Youtube]

One of my favourite stages of the game so far...

Last edited:
How exactly does one make YouTube videos? I've never done it before, but I'd like to. I know the game has a YouTube exporter, but I'd like to splice my best runs together and maybe cut it to music. Thirty seconds isn't really enough for that, but I've seen videos of up to fifty minutes pu online.

Any tips?

How exactly does one make YouTube videos? I've never done it before, but I'd like to. I know the game has a YouTube exporter, but I'd like to splice my best runs together and maybe cut it to music. Thirty seconds isn't really enough for that, but I've seen videos of up to fifty minutes pu online.

Any tips?

I just used my iphone 💡
Other mobiles should offer the same function as capture and log into your You Tube Account.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I mean high-quality videos. My phone takes pictures, but not videos.

Yes I know what you mean, likewise dont you take this the wrong way.
Have you tried google or even search "You Tube" for a guide? I dont have much experience in the area myself, sorry.

Your gonna need some form of decent capture device or use the 30 second feature within the game.

EDIT:Video Guide Added To OP

Last edited:

Any tips?

As you're getting Dirt on PC, it would be easiest to use a program like FRAPS rather than the export to YouTube feature in game. With the free version of FRAPS you can only record 30 seconds at a time, but it would still be easier than using the export to Youtube feature for making montages.

Camstudio does over 30 seconds, in fact you can record forever iirc. As for console users, a RCA-to-USB adaptor is sufficient... like EasyCap or Dazzle.

On a side note: I like how a photo and video thread were made, just like I forseen and told :sly:

I thought one of the features of Dirt 3 is the direct to YouTube upload of replays...?

Yes, but it limits the upload to 30 seconds.
But , you dont have to have a recording software always open. So it has its advantage, and disadvantage.
To show your amazing skills, better use a software.

To show :trolololol I blackfliped my car : Dirt 3 tool works great.

OLDSKOOLACURA
very smooth

I keep missing shifts, I think I'm trying to shift too fast and I end up not pushing the clutch in the whole way. sometimes I get it others I miss a gear.

Happens to me all the time, but I I like it.

At 1:30 you can see me miss the downshift into 3rd :)

I've got to get on it!! I will have one up for you guys shortly. You'll like it hehehe

Here is Clean Gymkhana Sprint, Platinum. DFGT.

Last edited:
Seems the other thread is now the main place for any videos but I post this here anyway.

Early blast through Finland. Mainly a test on video quality.

[YOUTUBEhd]OXzvNq9W-3w[/YOUTUBEhd]

The YouTube integration of the game is a little lacklustre but nontheless a cool feature. Just wish there was more control over stuff like the resolution.

Here's a test upload I did;

Ill just leave this here, of course recorded with an iPhone 4 seeming the online function doesn't work yet XD.

I do apologise for the quality, the phone usually gets the lighting and stuff right but it kinda failed :lol:.

This thread was actually created before the one you've linked.

I actually hadnt noticed it before doing the other and with the (dirt) section so knew, sorry to the OP. A mod can merge the threads if they feel its best. I will still stand by giving a person a small prize for uploading the most entertaining video(s)

Last edited:
I've got to get on it!! I will have one up for you guys shortly. You'll like it hehehe

Here is Clean Gymkhana Sprint, Platinum. DFGT.

Quite an action packed video, nice skills. 👍
I liked yours too Gee-dub-ya

Keep them coming lads.

I was doing a run on Kenya uphill with a Mini, near the same place you were at, Legendary. I took the turn too early and drove really far into the ditch. The left side of the car landed on the boulder and bounced off, bringing me back onto the road and left me on 2 wheels for the longest time ever.

I've started playing it yesterday on PC, here's a replay of my second race:

Playing with a Logitech MOMO wheel by the way.

Back