DIRT 3 Video Thread

• Thread starter MrSchwarz
  • 268 comments
Great vids so far Schwarz. I'll be posting some up as soon as the PS3 network comes back on.

BTW Schwarz are mind sharing your settings for the G27? If you are using any that is!

Great vids so far Schwarz. I'll be posting some up as soon as the PS3 network comes back on.

BTW Schwarz are mind sharing your settings for the G27? If you are using any that is!

Thanks!

Still just using the preset G27 settings that Dirt 3 has. Haven't felt the need to change them!

I'll come up with something with better video quality as soon as I can find a fix for the Fraps corruption DiRT 3 is having... ugh. The YouTube function is too lacking.

I'll come up with something with better video quality as soon as I can find a fix for the Fraps corruption DiRT 3 is having... ugh. The YouTube function is too lacking.

What version of FRAPS are you using? I had the same problem until I updated to version 3.4.

Here are a couple of my funnier offs and crashes:

[youtubehd]ogqyvyqdSxg[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]gyOo3PVopxU[/youtubehd]

I wasnt going to put this video up at all but now you have done that I shall post mine. I fell into that same lake/ocean/sea thing that you did on my first race with that track.

Thanks!

Still just using the preset G27 settings that Dirt 3 has. Haven't felt the need to change them!

Cant help but notice the HP LPXXXX monitor. They are incredible monitors. I have used the LP2465 in my school's CAD lab - how are they for gaming?

Cheers! Game looks like a ton of fun.

Cant help but notice the HP LPXXXX monitor. They are incredible monitors. I have used the LP2465 in my school's CAD lab - how are they for gaming?

Cheers! Game looks like a ton of fun.

Wow, good eye! Probably not the best monitor for gaming but it has served me well :)

One of my friend doing a Trailblazer event in Norway ...

(Thanks for the BB code! Tried that but left the http:// ...)

Last edited:
We should get a replay with one car tailing the other guy, and then annotate it so it's like a chase scene :lol:

Idea I just came up with
Car 1: Run, run as fast as you can; You can't catch me I'm the gingerbread ma- *slides off a cliff* Whooooooaa!

Finally got my process down for encoding from Fraps ... so here come the videos!

Gymkhana Sprint 2 platinum run ... 44.1XX

Night rally in the Colin McRae Vision GC8 Impreza

Monaco SSS at night in the Falken Fiesta (not in HD, sorry)

Gymkhana Smash 02 Platinum run

Is there a way to tell that a video was uploaded? I know CM said they were having issues with the Youtube function, but I have yet seen any of my videos uploaded? I have my account info entered correctly.

MuchoJimbo
Is there a way to tell that a video was uploaded? I know CM said they were having issues with the Youtube function, but I have yet seen any of my videos uploaded? I have my account info entered correctly.

With most YouTube features on game, it can depend on a lot of things whether it uploads or not like:
Internet Connection
Amount of people using it

After uploading from the PS3 you have to log-in on your YT account and set the video to public. Otherwise it won't show up.

Heres a test directly uploaded from the PS3.

Last edited:
With most YouTube features on game, it can depend on a lot of things whether it uploads or not like:
Internet Connection
Amount of people using it
Lets make sure I am doing the process correctly first.

I find segment I want to ''Record''
1- Hit Youtube button (PS3 triangle)
2- Let footage play out
3- Hit triangle again
4- Then back out?

Am I understanding this correctly or am I totally having a ''dumb'' moment? Thanks because I have been waiting for a 10 second video from yesterday..

Back