DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments

Maybe I am seeing things, but is that Fiesta R5 in the first video image in the game or is that a new car?

Edit: New car! "All players who take part in any of the qualifiers will receive the Ford Fiesta R5 MKII as a free DiRT Rally 2.0 in-game vehicle."

DR2_Ford_Fiesta_R5MKII_4_DWS.jpg

When it says "All players who take part in any of the qualifiers will receive the Ford Fiesta R5 MKII as a free DiRT Rally 2.0 in-game vehicle." does that mean I can just do one event in a riound or a whole round?

When it says "All players who take part in any of the qualifiers will receive the Ford Fiesta R5 MKII as a free DiRT Rally 2.0 in-game vehicle." does that mean I can just do one event in a riound or a whole round?
If its the same as last time (BMW M2) then a single event will do it.

Can we get it still if we miss this? Can't remember having the m2.
Here’s how it worked for the M2:

• During Qualifiers, if you took part you got the car in My Team as a free reward.
  • Even without doing this, you could drive it any time in Time Trial and Custom.
  • About a month after the World Series Finals, the M2 was added to the “store” within My Team, and you could buy it like any other car.

Either I'm finally getting some speed or people have suddenly stopped playing as I've gone from finishing just outside the top 1,000 to making it fairly consistently.... when I don't decide to fight a tree. :lol:

I'm still a ways off from the leaders obviously, but it's nice to see some progress.

Damn I missed this new Ford Fiesta. Is it still possible to win it?

Also. I am surprised that Dirt Rally still has support. I hope we will get PS5 update with VR :)

It looks like qualifying is still open so you should be good. I'll tag @PJTierney so you can get a definitive answer.

Too bad :( I love one in Dirt Rally 1.0 i hoped to see dirt rally 2.0 content in VR. :(
The VR for DiRT Rally 2.0 was specifically developed for Oculus, and handled by an external partner.

We did discuss if it would be feasible to get it on PSVR, but considering the base game is already pushing the console to its limits (thanks to the various improvements over DiRT Rally) there wasn't much overhead left to build a reliable VR equivalent.

Jumped back into this for a quick go yesterday. I only pick it up once in a while. Tried some of the RWD cars...and nope. They're too fast for me. Lancia Fulvia it is. And it still gets interesting.

I think I also need to revise my wheel settings.

The VR for DiRT Rally 2.0 was specifically developed for Oculus, and handled by an external partner.

We did discuss if it would be feasible to get it on PSVR, but considering the base game is already pushing the console to its limits (thanks to the various improvements over DiRT Rally) there wasn't much overhead left to build a reliable VR equivalent.

I was more thinking about PS5 upgrade with PS VR. I understand that PS4 is to weak for Dirt Rally 2.0. But you already answered why there won't be PS VR option :)

I just hope Codemasters will be much more open for PS VR on PS5 games in the future.

Just picked up DR 2.0 for my pc... have it and the original Dirt Rally on PS4 and really enjoyed both of them, but it's another level on the PC.
And this isn't a console bashing post - I still play both my PS4 and my Xbox (like The last of Us and SW Battlefront...).

It is a post about how if you truly like (love) racing games, you owe it to yourself to upgrade to a PC if/when it's possible. My Fanatec gear works much better on the PC than it does the console, and just get more enjoyment from it now - and I understand if making the switch isn't in your cards. It wasn't in mine either, two kids and all the bills - it just wasn't priority. Now the kids are grown and pretty much on their own, I had the opportunity to make the move.

Anyhoo, I picked up DR2.0 on Wednesday after work during one of Steam's "Mid-Week Summer" sale. Ended up getting the GOTY edition for $14.99.
Installed it yesterday while I was at work and played for quite a while last night. Best $15 I've spent in a long time.

And man, I thought the game was fairly hard on console, woo, it's definitely a supreme challenge on pc. It's funny, because I find it easier but harder. Which I know makes absolutely no sense whatsoever... what I feel though is that the steering wheel base and pedals work better, but the game is that much harder. Probably not, but it just seems it. Anyway, if you've read that then thanks, and if not, that was probably the better option. :lol:

HAGW everyone!

Does anyone know if this is possible as I don't do online gaming, me and a friend both have the game and ps4 pro consoles, can we race against each other online 2 player on rally cross somehow? I`ve got no idea, if anyone can help, tell me how to do it, thanks...

Does anyone know if this is possible as I don't do online gaming, me and a friend both have the game and ps4 pro consoles, can we race against each other online 2 player on rally cross somehow? I`ve got no idea, if anyone can help, tell me how to do it, thanks...

I'm not 100%, but I think it's under the Free Play tab, you have to create a Custom Championship, for RX. Pretty sure you can have them join once you create it. Again though, not 100% on that...

Back