DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
Another tutorial, enjoy everyone :)

It doesn’t happen very often where I’m actually watching the AI times and determining who I’ve got to beat in order to get enough points to win. Thumbs up on this occasion. Sure beats finishing 13th.

Keep at it, Masters will be tough but you're nearly there :)

I like that in setups screen, they show on a diagram the way the suspension is changing, makes it clear which way negative camber is, etc.
Good they put text too to explain them somewhat at least.
Yup, very handy, helped me a bit too sometimes :)

Got the acid rain bug twice today. Terrible. I get this feeling it won’t ever be fixed :(

Heavy rain is difficult enough to drive in, but showering sparks makes it impossible. Both instances at Wales driving the Subaru S4.

Please fix!

In game I feel like I’m this...Rally king...

Then see the replay and realize my ‘drift’ was 3 degrees not 60 loool. Fun game!!

I dont know how they accept and allow spectators so near especially dirt bumpy rally racing with lots of skidding and loss of control/ slides.
Strange, with all other racing series so focused on safety, to the point of being boring sometime.

Hehe bumps the camera woman at the end almost.

Yesssss! I did it.
KUUqspC3Fmg.jpg

OBkU8enBn5Y.jpg

BTW, I have a question: why do the G29's rev lights work in the PS4 version of the game but don't work on the PC? Any way to fix this?

Taking a break from the My Team events for a while again. Just brutal trying to get from Elite to Masters, and why do I want to continue with the abuse. 10 stages with predictable service stages makes the entire campaign seem to go on forever, why would I subject myself to 12 stages at the Masters level is beyond me. Ha yeah. Ugh.

Going back to my own curated offline events. Just a crying shame we can’t use our garage cars and the field of competition is limited to 20. Will have to recommend to anyone reading this to set the surface degradation to ‘Full’. At least that makes things somewhat more variable and interesting. Otherwise the surface is always mid range if set to Authentic.

Sounding like a broken record. I know.

Taking a break from the My Team events for a while again. Just brutal trying to get from Elite to Masters, and why do I want to continue with the abuse. 10 stages with predictable service stages makes the entire campaign seem to go on forever, why would I subject myself to 12 stages at the Masters level is beyond me. Ha yeah. Ugh.

Going back to my own curated offline events. Just a crying shame we can’t use our garage cars and the field of competition is limited to 20. Will have to recommend to anyone reading this to set the surface degradation to ‘Full’. At least that makes things somewhat more variable and interesting. Otherwise the surface is always mid range if set to Authentic.

Sounding like a broken record. I know.

Hey cjr, why don't you go back to WRC 8, it's more fun :) And practice for 9.

Hey cjr, why don't you go back to WRC 8, it's more fun :) And practice for 9.

Yeah, have been again since I updated my wheel settings for the better. Still enjoy it a lot though the career mode still scratches my head. Started another career, made it to WRC2 and the first (and only) event with a my new and fully repaired car is ‘maintenance’. And yeah, it’ll cost you several thousand credits right out of the gate. :confused: :lol:

I started playing this with the ps+ version.

Is there single purchase to get all the dlc locations?

I don't care as much about the vehicles just getting all the rally locations and rally X tracks.

There are 4 seasons with content, looks like the full thing on ps4 is in the year one pass (if you have the base game ps+ version)

It has all 4 seasons and the Colin McRae flat out pack.

Will see after I get through some of the base content if it goes on sale. Its currently $20 and I just started so have plenty for now.

I realized I had $18 on my psn account so I put the couple dollars to get the year pass.

I originally didn't pick up this title because you can't adjust the FOV and we were about to move, but now we are settled in our home and I have short time periods to play when my 9 month old is asleep.

Having the ps+ version I've done a little my team and some time trials and it just feels so good so I couldn't help myself and got the full DLC.

Figure $20 for the full content is a rather good deal and I'm happy that the tarmac FFB is much improved over what I remember on DR1.

Now I just need to figure a cheap way to get an analog hand brake on PS4.. wish Sony and Thrustmaster would have made the TH8A analog handbrake mode compatible for the PS4 console. On off handbrake is ok but just not the same.

Last edited:
It seems like the car reset button is kinda finicky when it will work. I got stuck in a ditch at a tree and it would not work, I had to forward/reverse smash and force my way out. Do you have to hold the reset button for a set amount of time?

Or maybe I am just excited and not giving it enough time..

Just finished my first "My team" rally season. I am glad the AI is slow so I could win.. I am sure I will get destroyed once I make it up a few more ranks.

Just started my second rally season and jumped up to the Group A Subaru Impreza, couldn't help myself. It is just amazing to drive.

Is it true that the only sequential shifting group A car in this game is the Mitsubishi?

Been looking to pick this up for PC for a while, I played a lot on PS4 and purchased all the DLC on there so i did not want to spend a lot again. Browsing through a Gaming Deals website i found CDKeys had slashed the Steam GOTY version to £8.99!! :cheers:

As far as August updates to this game;

1) Not holding my breath for any new content because of DiRT 5 coming
2) If we got anything it would be small tweaks and if so,
3) Please do something with the rain.

Still complaining.

Started my first ever RallyCross championship in MyTeams since I got this game at launch. Yep, never touched any RallyCross until a few days ago.

First round of events at the 'Open' difficulty was Hell, Silverstone, Holjes. I pulled (heavy) rain for every single race which is a total of 18 races, including all 12 qualifiers, 3 semi-finals, and 3 finals.

Wow.

Next up, the 'Clubman' level; 4 locations - France, Portugal, Abu Dhabi, Belgium, 18 out of 24 races are rain. At least Abu Dhabi isn't rain because well, that would be beyond completely absurd but you never know.

Back on the rally side, I swore off the 'MyTeam' events but changed my mind again, because I do like this game after all...and I'm trying to run through the MyTeam events with all 50 cars which should take me forever.

First event in my latest championship; Scotland. 8 out of 10 stages heavy rain. Again.

How is the algorithm that determines the stages and the weather programmed anyway. I would love to know, because I highly doubt it rains this much this hard in Scotland. All. The. Time.

Is the algorithm programmed that if there's an 80% chance of rain at any given location through the calendar year then it makes 80% of the stages rain?

I don't get it.

I've decided to name this game RainRally 2.0.

Back on dr2 after getting wrc8 and enjoying it alot, but it can't compare as a serious sim to dr2. It's still a semi arcade/light sim game in comparison.

Wrc8 might feel hard with a pad but with a wheel you can see its way too easy to control fast slides and landings from big jumps.
Makes you feel like a top pro soon after getting used to it, which is ridiculous honestly for a non real racer like me.

Physics and grip are on the realistic side but lightweight and wonky.

Plus sound, looks, optimisation, real feel stages, cockpit view feel, movement/animation of the car in cockpit and 3rd person gameplay etc.

Wrc8 smooths out the movement in replay like gts to look more believable.
Still a nice game..

Dr2 you need to be on, especially on dirt gravel with a wheel to not mess up and be fast. It's possible to have runs near like a pro but it's hard work as should i feel. Pretty satisfying.

Such a nicely done rally sim for me.
I Hope They won't mess up this series with pc2 engine physics/controls. As i have quibbles with that one.

Even the ffb for me is better and the steering feels more like a real car and sim vs wrc8. Cant say im in a hurry for wrc9 after now having the chance to compare.

Will still try the career of wrc8, lots to like of course, i like the wrc2 i20, skodia, citroen in it. Haven't tried the full wrc cars yet and the r2.
But the classics feel a little underwhelming, and the sounds eww.

Also the difficulties can be gamey like its dynamic weather, how reasonable is it in a few mins stage. Seems the track degradation in dr2 is a more realistic sim change too. Plus the career management.
Edit: Wear and tear also is more gamey in wrc8.

It makes for a fun immersive light weight realistic game of course. At least it gives us 2 nice different choices. Edit: It's excellent still with many cool features although less polished. Wrc8 vs dr2 kinda reminds me of pc2 vs ac in the same ways.

So thankfull we have dr2, ac and acc on console at least though on the more believable sim side.

Edit2: been trying Finland in wrc8 in a wrc2 car and i don't know, it gets to feel boring honestly, not meaning im so good, of course i can try push to be faster, but it just feels lifeless in comparison and i dont feel like im in this real and thrilling challenge as should be.
Maybe it's just my mood today hehe i dont know, should have stuck to dr2 for rally maybe, and put this purchase on something else.

Last edited:
Back