DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
I joined but not sure if I commit fully. I like the format and time. Even for someone with less spare time it should be manageable. Thanks to @Biggles tried H2 rwd , so the championship suits perfectly :)

Great time with the Alpine. Seems to me that the Alpine isn't really competitive with some of the other H2 cars ... but it is fun to drive. Anodou Farmakas is one of the bumpiest, twistiest stages in DR2. Fun to drive, but it leaves me feeling slightly nauseous. :ill:

Well, I hopped back on the other day to resume my personal challenge of getting under 6 minutes on Anodou Farmakas in the Quattro default setup... this was the closest I got, sadly bottled it at the penultimate corner/hairpin (could also blame the Turbo for dying on me when I needed it most 😣);

Anodou Farmakas AI challenge pt2.png

I'd put together a (badly) compressed gif to highlight what went wrong but Imgur isn't accepting it and the site here is treating it as a static image when I try to upload it directly... ah well. I'll get there eventually!

Just fired up dr2 again since a while and got some stuttering now on wales stage, jeez, always been so smooth. I hope it's not an update that caused this or a problem with the ps4.

Was checking the feel compared to dirt4 that i just got, which i loved with the pad until now, then i tried with the g29 and was disappointed somewhat.
I can see dr2 is much better for me with the wheel. For now at least.
Just worried now what's with the new stuttering..
Edit: well i just restarted it and it's ok,phew thank god, my precious hehe.
Still a jewel of jewels for me seems.

Last edited:
I'm just hoping the DLC cars will become skin-moddable in PC someday. I curse Codies for wanting to make it "easy" for skin modding while completely messing it up. In DR1 you could easily replace skins of any car, in DR2 you only have one or two replaceable skins and that's just for vanilla cars. DLC cars are fully encrypted. 🙄

Just to update on my previous post, i dialed in my ffb for dirt4 better now, etc. And it's pretty damn good actually.
Made a longish tarmac stage and drove the group b rs200, having a ball haha, throwing it around like i just stole it.
I find it's pretty damn great, fun and good feel.

Gives me another way to enjoy dirt series.
Too bad they didnt keep the sim mode and generation of tracks or stages in d5.

Edit: tried the rs200 in spain in dr2 to compare by curiosity and actually finding d4 better lol.
Feel more the chassis instability, loss of grip, etc.
Dr2 it feels too stable seems in comparison, even with setups trying mess it up. same thing.
Even with hard tires too in dr2.
Plus in dr2 i notice now there's a fish eye wider fov, makes it feel too much like swinging around when changing direction.
Maybe they did this for speed impression, but kinda feels overdone a little.
Also the rx supercars are too easy in dr2 comparatively.
Oh well, i don't know, but im sure glad i tried dirt4 now.
Edit: on tarmac at least.

Last edited:
It is absolutely mind blowing how the car handling changes (with controller) by just removing the linearity completely and decreasing sensivity down to 40. Also, the annoying jerkiness that could be felt in high speed sections is completely gone now, which gives you a lot more trust on your car reactions when going fast, making your times in those sectors way better as well.

Keep in mind that If you don't lower sensivity after setting linearity to zero at the very least to 40, you will have too much understeer/oversteer (depending on the situation) when taking corners. Doing this kinda simulates the speed of your arms when moving the wheel and counter-steering, and feels so so great.

A complete different game after doing this. It is now addicting like few.

Lowering handbrake saturation down to 80 seems to do good too.

Last edited:
if anyone that still plays this regularly and is looking for a club. I'm in one that is about to start a new season. the events run for a week at a time and we will visit all 13 locations.

if your interested send me a msg for more info

if anyone that still plays this regularly and is looking for a club. I'm in one that is about to start a new season. the events run for a week at a time and we will visit all 13 locations.

if your interested send me a msg for more info
TPC and DCC run events every once in a while. For TPC contact #ABarber or for DCC contact Afraidracer. Both are on Discord as well.

Name that broken car part in DR2.0:

Metallic ratcheting, sounds like a metal baseball card in a bicycle wheel.

Gearbox, limited slip, or clutch issue?

If a put it on a ps5 coming from a standard fat ps4 what will be the difference? Installation is boring, too lazy to try it myself.
Thanks
Kind regards

If a put it on a ps5 coming from a standard fat ps4 what will be the difference? Installation is boring, too lazy to try it myself.
Thanks
Kind regards
I went from go PS4 to ps5, biggest difference is for example parts of Scotland near bridge would stutter on PS4, runs perfectly smooth on ps5.
Well worth downloading I’d say.

Hi, I tried Dirt 2.0. yesterday using Logitech G29 but didn't really like how wheel felt. it's very unresponsive, and I can't seem to tune wheel's speed sensitivity, it's fixed to 50. Can someone help?

I just bought GOTY edition from cdkeys for my Series S, cos i had the day one edition on the Xbox one, but it was the disc version.
When I entered the code, it unlocked the game but didn't add the extra doc that I was missing.
Any idea why?
What if I enter the code again?

Saw DR2 was on sale for a really good price on XBL so I finally picked it up. Took a while to get into the zone, especially coming from easy as hell Forza Horizon as the racer I typically play...but man it feels great to really nail a gravel stage. I still hate the tarmac physics, and I'm absolutely awful in anything that isn't FWD, and I have to set opponent difficulty to <50 to be able to win ( :lol: ) but it's so much fun. The feeling of immersion is really nailed - the quality of the sound, the genuinely dense and claustrophobic forest stages (particularly at night), the weather effects and the art style - it's just a lovely experience all around. The only thing I'm not liking is the poor performance on Xbox One S - it just will not hold a smooth framerate, particularly when the scene gets dense. I've also experienced a phantom black square graphical bug. All in all, as an experience, Dirt Rally is one of the more intimate feeling racers I've played and I'm reallly glad I picked it up.

I'm anxious to see what they can do with DR3 on new consoles.

If only we could get a game that combines DR2 sound quality and visuals with WRC physics and stage design.
I don't know ... I just got WRC10 & the physics don't seem all that convincing to me so far. I'll have to play around with it. DR2 is just amazingly visceral to play. I finish a session literally sweating & have to make sure I'm wearing my mouth guard so I don't crack my teeth! :D

I've not played WRC10 but have played WRC8 and from what I've seen they're not that different. The physics are definitely off, there's no sense of weight transfer or suspension movement. Some cars look ok but some of the classic ones look terrible especially the yellow Audi Quattro which looks like a PS2 car

I don't know ... I just got WRC10 & the physics don't seem all that convincing to me so far. I'll have to play around with it. DR2 is just amazingly visceral to play. I finish a session literally sweating & have to make sure I'm wearing my mouth guard so I don't crack my teeth! :D
To be fair, I haven't played WRC10, only watched videos of it. It looks like the cars behave more realistically than DR2, especially on tarmac, but I could be mistaken.

To be fair, I haven't played WRC10, only watched videos of it. It looks like the cars behave more realistically than DR2, especially on tarmac, but I could be mistaken.
You're right - you could be mistaken! ;)

The tarmac physics of DR2 are disappointing ... but then we've got other sims that offer good tarmac physics. The physics & FFB in DR2 are great - I can't say if they're realistic, as I've never driven a rally car up a rutted, gravel mountain side in Greece ... but they're certainly challenging & immersive. I've barely got into WRC10 yet, but what I have done is disappointing. I just tried a couple of runs in snowy Monte Carlo. The graphics are a massive step down from DR2 & it seems to me that, from what I've seen so far, WRC10 doesn't even attempt to model the effect of ice under the car wheels. One of the truly impressive things in DR2 is driving over patches of ice & being able to feel one side of the car losing traction. I have no idea how they model this, but it's amazingly effective.

I take you have not done a run on the Col de Braus (sp) stage.
No, I haven't ... I really haven't done much in WRC10 yet, so my impressions are just early ones. It has been my experience that every new racing game seems disconcerting in some way at first, so it's likely my judgement will adjust over time.

Back