Dirt Rally 2.0 Wheel Settings

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 234 comments
I'm fine with this FFB, but I can't stand how they managed gear settings. Why do I have to choose between paddles and H?

I am with you on that. It was done automatically in Dirt 1. But hey , it's an easy thing to set yourself.

I am with you on that. It was done automatically in Dirt 1. But hey , it's an easy thing to set yourself.

How, by changing it every time?

It's even easier for them to set it, but I guess they intentionally don't want to. If I'm not mistaken, it was the same in D4 already.

Yep you're right. I don't know why

Did someone open a suggestion about that on their forums? I guess, if it got enough attention, they would do something about it (like they did with ffb).

Did someone open a suggestion about that on their forums? I guess, if it got enough attention, they would do something about it (like they did with ffb).

I did as many others did. I remember it was not on the list of issues to be solved.

There is workaround for it that you can easily do yourself.

Let 'm focus on getting the rain be less blocking our view.

I did as many others did. I remember it was not on the list of issues to be solved.
Makes sense, since not many people even own H-shifters. But it is so simple thing to implement (throw vehicle-shifter data in an array and set it upon stage start) that it's really sad that someone doesn't take half an hour to do it.

Makes sense, since not many people even own H-shifters. But it is so simple thing to implement (throw vehicle-shifter data in an array and set it upon stage start) that it's really sad that someone doesn't take half an hour to do it.

If I'm right Assetto Corsa and DR1 are the only two games to manage this. I don't know why tbh, it looks like a simple thing to me.

Rapid question to you all: What button do you set for handbrake?

Project Cars 2 handles it also, with a note that you can use everything all the time.

I use X button of the with my homebuild handbrake mod.

Project Cars 2 handles it also, with a note that you can use everything all the time.

I use X button of the with my homebuild handbrake mod.

Yep, GTsport too, but it's a different thing. I prefer when the game actually sets the right gear mode.

I'm struggling with the handbrake, I can't manage to have an easy access to it. Buttons on G29 are way too small and easily missable while turning.
I would buy a proper handbrake but Ps4 is not compatible with any of them.
For now the best thing I could do is setting the handbrake on a paddle or 4th gear, switching every time I change car. But it's kinda boring I must say...

What about the Thrustmaster handbrake. That one should work.

Here's my cheap ass solution together with a Drivehub:

Handbrake in DR2 is always digital. So I try to stay away for most of the time anyway. Usually I end up in the 180 degrees in the wall / wrong direction.

I try to faint drift or other more subtle techniques.

and fail at those :)

but it is an amazing game really.

What about the Thrustmaster handbrake. That one should work.

Here's my cheap ass solution together with a Drivehub:

Handbrake in DR2 is always digital. So I try to stay away for most of the time anyway. Usually I end up in the 180 degrees in the wall / wrong direction.

I try to faint drift or other more subtle techniques.

and fail at those :)

but it is an amazing game really.

Nice cockpit you have there! :cheers:
Unfortunately Thrustmaster's handbrake is not compatible on Ps4 (in fact, no handbrakes at all for what i reckon).

I don't have any clue about how your handbrake works but it looks very nice :lol:

The TM handbrake works with DR2 on PS4. At least with a TM wheel.

Yep but i guess you have to connect it to the H shifter slot since G29 has no extra inputs. So I guess I have to choose between H shifter or handbrake :indiff:

If I'm right Assetto Corsa and DR1 are the only two games to manage this. I don't know why tbh, it looks like a simple thing to me.

Rapid question to you all: What button do you set for handbrake?

Yep but i guess you have to connect it to the H shifter slot since G29 has no extra inputs. So I guess I have to choose between H shifter or handbrake :indiff:

I think you plug it straigth into the ps4.

It probably is recognized as another device.

Nice cockpit you have there! :cheers:
Unfortunately Thrustmaster's handbrake is not compatible on Ps4 (in fact, no handbrakes at all for what i reckon).

I don't have any clue about how your handbrake works but it looks very nice :lol:

TM handbrake works with some PS4 games ,and the fanatec CLS elite racing wheel (official licensed wheel for PS4) got even an analogue handbrake option

[QUOTE="Rapid question to you all: What button do you set for handbrake?[/QUOTE]

I use the clutch pedal as my handbrake. I did this with my G29 and now with my CSL Elite.

I found it too cumbersome to find and press a small button on my steering wheel to engage a handbrake. It’s easy to move my left foot from the brake pedal to the clutch pedal. Until I get a proper handbrake, I’m happy with this.

I made handbrake by myshelfhe.

Attachments

• IMG_20180914_174504.jpg
    IMG_20180914_174504.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 87
  • orca-image-1536948179343.jpg_1536948179631.jpeg
    orca-image-1536948179343.jpg_1536948179631.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 84
  • orca-image--1998935576.jpeg_1536950140886.jpeg
    orca-image--1998935576.jpeg_1536950140886.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 84
...Anyone care to post a good set of Fanatec CSL Elite settings?

edit: Hello? :) Anyone?? Help us new fathers that don't have enough time to tweak the settings!

Last edited:
I’ve had my eye on this game for a few months and finally bought it. I wasn’t sure I’d like it as I just never got that into DR1.

However, I’m liking DR2. But why is it so hard to set up your steering wheel to your own personal preference? I’m struggling with my G29. I’ve tried a few changes But the DS4 pad seems so much more responsive and easier to drive with.

I have a thrustmaster TGT on DR2 set in others mode.

When I dr2 and go to PS4 home screen the wheel defaults to 360’ rotation (1 blink on led) and every time I have to manually get it to 3 blinks (540’).

How can I keep it on the the same angle of rotation if I have to exit to PS4 dashboard

Hello

I just wanted to share my settings for a CSL Elite PS4 on pc :)

Tuning Menu :
SEN 50
FF 80
SHO 100
DRI -02
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
FEI 030

In-Game :

Advanced Settings
St sens : 50
St linea : 0
St dz : 0
St sat : 100
Th dz : 0
Th sat : 100
Br dz : 0
Br sat : 100
Soft lock : On

Vibration & feedback
Vibration & Feedback: On
Self Aligning Torque: 50
Wheel Friction: 15
Tyre Friction: 20
Suspension: 50
Collision: 60
Soft Lock: 100
Steering Centre Force Enabled: Off

With my T300RS I have pretty much settled on

Vibration & Feedback: On
Self Aligning Torque: 50
Wheel Friction: 0
Tyre Friction: 120
Suspension: 100
Collision: 30
Soft Lock: Off
Steering Centre Force Enabled: Off

With
Steering saturation: 50
(Wheel is set to 900°, if that makes any difference?)
Linearity 0

Ive tried playing with the linearity both ways but they just feel a little too compromised. I like the idea of going to +2 or +3 so it's a little slower around the centre for finer control and then quickens up when i get into trouble and need more steering, but i find it too unresponsive for how much i like to turn the wheel, which i guess i could resolve by reducing the saturation further

Back