DiRT Rally Thread

Did he say how many?

Yes, though he wasn't exact. He said "At least two".

@skazz Bear in mind that the office wall in the AMD video is just a reference as to what they're aiming for. The final list will not feature certain cars from that wall and will also feature cars that aren't there too.

Yes, though he wasn't exact. He said "At least two".

@skazz Bear in mind that the office wall in the AMD video is just a reference as to what they're aiming for. The final list will not feature certain cars from that wall and will also feature cars that aren't there too.
Yeah, I forgot to add "up to 5, depending on licensing and development time challenges".

To be honest I think they are aiming for minimum 3 maximum 5 per class by launch. 2 isn't enough variety.

So it will be the Ford Focus and then either the Impreza or Citroen Xsara maybe

The Focus and the Impreza look almost guaranteed at this point. As for other cars, we'll have to wait and see. The Xsara is unlikely because it only came into the spotlight in later years and Citroën isn't the easiest of brands to license. More likely cars would be the Peugeot 206 WRC or the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI WRC.

The Focus and the Impreza look almost guaranteed at this point. As for other cars, we'll have to wait and see. The Xsara is unlikely because it only came into the spotlight in later years and Citroën isn't the easiest of brands to license. More likely cars would be the Peugeot 206 WRC or the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI WRC.

Yeah sorry the Xsara didn't enter the full season until 2003. So yeah if they are going for 5 cars per class I hope we get the 206 as well.

I do have something nagging away at me, wondering if wheel strength is pivotal though. I've got a couple of lower strength wheels that I could try out, but I'm not sure if it's worth the bother - I fear that feedback on the feedback will fall on deaf ears anyway.
Please do so. I haven't played Dirt for a while now as i use up all the playtime that's available for PCARS, but i'd be interested to hear your conclusion especially since i'm on a lower strength wheel myself (CSR).

Cheers Paul

CP0fw9YW8AEJR4X.jpg:large

Love it. Big FPS boost but still no full screen Nvidia support :/
I have fullscreen, but I can't remember how I pulled it off. It's either simply windowed borderless 1920x1080, or I just used GE Force Experience optimizer and left it. ^_^

More movement in the right direction, and unfortunately the mouse support is limited and not at all where you really need it. More frustration.

I will take a swing at the Finnish gravel tonight perhaps. In something silly like an F2 kit car or other wildly illogical choice.

If they can add another gravel rally eventually I'd almost be sated (I would be okay mixing stages between Finland and Wales etc. to make a proper length rally). I just can't bring myself to make an event for our league with half Monte Carlo stages and half Greek stages etc.

Still want more stages, tire selection, better repair system, better vehicle models, and more trackside assets, etc. Still a long way from greatness, but if it helps assuage my rally desires a bit, it's a win. And, considering the lengthy void of decent rally games for the past ten years, I can't complain too much.

I've been enjoying it. They're really difficult, at least for me. I would be in the air and then end up landing into a tree. Always fun. But I think the jumps and hills are a bit exaggerated. Also the road width is too wide.

The STI is great but I haven't tried the Focus yet.

I've been enjoying it. They're really difficult, at least for me. I would be in the air and then end up landing into a tree. Always fun. But I think the jumps and hills are a bit exaggerated. Also the road width is too wide.

The STI is great but I haven't tried the Focus yet.

Yeah you have to slow down before some jumps, not just because you might end up off the road but some of them damage your car just because they are so big. The v2 handling seems to make the cars feel a bit too light, not sure it's an improvement to be honest.

B5YVHKJ.jpg

0z3WNqN.jpg

NLmiBnE.jpg

ciTDcdI.jpg

Yet to try this. Looks good. Seems the gravel is a tad too grey in some pics for finland, but in some it's ok.

They said in a blog post that the new physics give cars less downforce and make the FFB feel lighter. In a coming release they will be tweaking the FFB back up again.

Back