DIRTY ENDURANCE RACING LEAGUE (DERL)

• Thread starter JKRACING23
  • 5,290 comments
in season 2, like 300 races ago.
What is everyone's obsession with not duplicating races?
Pick races that are fun, who cares if they were run 3 years ago
I was/am ill so I didn't put much thought into it and I didn't see we did it. The one we did was a pp race. Now cars will have equal power to weight so it should be tuning that makes a difference now

in season 2, like 300 races ago.
What is everyone's obsession with not duplicating races?
Pick races that are fun, who cares if they were run 3 years ago
I'm not complaining about duplicating races. It was that JK didnt know what Kz was referring to when he said that we already did one not too long ago.

I'm not complaining about duplicating races. It was that JK didnt know what Kz was referring to when he said that we already did one not too long ago.

I think it was a stock races as well.

When I pick one make races I try to make them cars that shouldn't be controversial. The golf is a pretty safe bet. I was considering doing a ferrari F40 race but in the game its a real hand full and 450k so I decided to keep looking. The R32 is a moderate pp so not too fast so we cant really race dirty and so slow that if you lose the group on a track with few turns you wont catch up its also 4WD and should handle pretty well. Cali if you want me to pick more one makes that are either really fast or slow or hard to handle or expensive Im ok with that. Cause a 1 make Cobra race doesnt bother me but we have some people in the group who struggle at tuning and/or dont have the ability to handle some of the crazier cars in the game. Remember the tomahawk race. I set that really low to hopefully not scare too many people off. What happened we ended up only having 5 people. SO with the one makes I try to give everyone as fair a shot as I can. Also a lot of the time we do a one make race with a more difficult car to drive it seems that someone like Xyclone just rage quits or Steve cause its no fun running the whole race in rookieville so I avoid as best I can the cars that could cause problems. So if you dont want me running safe cars for the one make races to keep people happy then Ill pick races that will make the slower members of the group struggle so when you spin you wont fall back to rookieville cause either they'll all rage quit or be struggling 30 secs behind. And I ask all the time for Ideas and rarely does anyone besides ER give me anything I can work with.

I picked the volvo cause it was kinda funny and its not expensive too fast. Sure it didnt handle very well but it still was fun race. Slow cars that dont handle very well dont bother people as much as 600pp+ cars cause everything happens really fast and most cars at 600pp or up are much easier to spin by your self with just makes people angry. In the volvo it was harder to wreck yourself. Also the volvo was a bit of a risk and your complaining about it thats why I try and go for races that shouldn't piss people off but every once and a while I try an unusual one make everyone freaks out.

Last edited:

When I pick one make races I try to make them cars that shouldn't be controversial. The golf is a pretty safe bet. I was considering doing a ferrari F40 race but in the game its a real hand full and 450k so I decided to keep looking. The R32 is a moderate pp so not too fast so we cant really race dirty and so slow that if you lose the group on a track with few turns you wont catch up its also 4WD and should handle pretty well. Cali if you want me to pick more one makes that are either really fast or slow or hard to handle or expensive Im ok with that. Cause a 1 make Cobra race doesnt bother me but we have some people in the group who struggle at tuning and/or dont have the ability to handle some of the crazier cars in the game. Remember the tomahawk race. I set that really low to hopefully not scare too many people off. What happened we ended up only having 5 people. SO with the one makes I try to give everyone as fair a shot as I can. Also a lot of the time we do a one make race with a more difficult car to drive it seems that someone like Xyclone just rage quits or Steve cause its no fun running the whole race in rookieville so I avoid as best I can the cars that could cause problems. So if you dont want me running safe cars for the one make races to keep people happy then Ill pick races that will make the slower members of the group struggle so when you spin you wont fall back to rookieville cause either they'll all rage quit or be struggling 30 secs behind. And I ask all the time for Ideas and rarely does anyone besides ER give me anything I can work with.

I picked the volvo cause it was kinda funny and its not expensive too fast. Sure it didnt handle very well but it still was fun race. Slow cars that dont handle very well dont bother people as much as 600pp+ cars cause everything happens really fast and most cars at 600pp or up are much easier to spin by your self with just makes people angry. In the volvo it was harder to wreck yourself. Also the volvo was a bit of a risk and your complaining about it thats why I try and go for races that shouldn't piss people off but every once and a while I try an unusual one make everyone freaks out.
We did a stock MR2 race but also a Toyota MR race

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Here I go regurgitating the same thing I've said over and over
The point I'm trying to make is the same one I've been stating for the past 6 months+
Stop with the ultra tight restrictions and one makes and run some more open classifications.
It wouldn't be difficult to have for example:
Race 1: Previous winners pick
Race 2: New, never before seen race (tight restriction or one make)
Race 3: A fun race previously run in the early seasons that people like Me Steve Cyclone and others were not a part of.
Race 4: "open" race with little restriction like just PP and drivetrain, or PP and country or PP street (in the newly agreed upon term of street) or PP race

This way everyone gets a bit of want they want. The previous winner, ER and You get a new race or one make.We have a race that we already know is fun/competitive, and an open race for those who want cars that are "easier" or more fun to drive.

This week is a good example of this executed semi successfully

Buying a fast production just for the sake of having a "fast" car is for rich jerk offs
Real men build their cars,
<--------------Like this one over here. :bowdown:

not to mention "fastest" is an arbitrary term.
fastest in what, top MPH, 0-60 MPH, 0-100K, 100K-0. 1/8 mile, 1000 Ft., 1/4 Mile. 60 ft.
Saying it's the fastest is like saying Ford is the "best selling pickup". it's only the best selling cause the other two top pickup manufacturers sell under two different brand names, both of which outsell the f-150 if you add them together

Buying a fast production just for the sake of having a "fast" car is for rich jerk offs
Real men build their cars,
<--------------Like this one over here. :bowdown:

not to mention "fastest" is an arbitrary term.
fastest in what, top MPH, 0-60 MPH, 0-100K, 100K-0. 1/8 mile, 1000 Ft., 1/4 Mile. 60 ft.
Saying it's the fastest is like saying Ford is the "best selling pickup". it's only the best selling cause the other two top pickup manufacturers sell under two different brand names, both of which outsell the f-150 if you add them together
It's the fastest production car in terms of 0-60 and quarter mile times.
With what handling!?
What do you mean, a 0-60 time of 2.3 seconds means that it can handle any competition.

Back