Disney+ MCU

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 451 comments
Another week to wait. I can’t believe there’s only 6 episodes though, gonna make me want more.
I had no idea Bucky could run that fast but I guess I should pay more attention to how he was saved/trained beyond being given his arm. :lol:
Thought you saw Captain America:Civil War.

Martian Manhunter's dad from Supergirl was great as Isaiah. Poor dude got shafted by the real Uncle Sam (i.e. not Uncle Sam Wilson) as heavily as the comics version but at least he could gripe about it this time.

Last edited:
Thought you saw Captain America:Civil War.
It's been quite a while. I usually get back up to speed whenever the movies are on TV & Civil War is one of those MCU films that I haven't really seen make it to cable TV for some reason.

I should've learned my lesson with how Marvel operates by now. I got somewhat shocked that most of the scenes from the ads came from the first two episodes (like the truck fight or the couple's therapy session), but in all honesty, I shouldn't have. :lol: Marvel does this a lot, after all.

Also, that moment with the cops after the duo went to that old man's house... I couldn't believe Disney and Marvel would go there, only for it to happen and for some reason, I was laughing hysterically at it.

So far, I'm enjoying the series. Can't wait to see what happens next.

I should've learned my lesson with how Marvel operates by now. I got somewhat shocked that most of the scenes from the ads came from the first two episodes (like the truck fight or the couple's therapy session), but in all honesty, I shouldn't have. :lol: Marvel does this a lot, after all.

Also, that moment with the cops after the duo went to that old man's house... I couldn't believe Disney and Marvel would go there, only for it to happen and for some reason, I was laughing hysterically at it.

So far, I'm enjoying the series. Can't wait to see what happens next.
The only reason I can think about the scene, I believe this show was to come out before WandaVision. WanadaVision is soon after End Game and FWS is months later. Would have been time appropriate, but wasn't needed at all.

I had a thought about WandaVision. The premise being she's a mutant, humans in the MCU haven't seen/heard of that concept yet. The final episode, is probably a wake up call and maybe a start to how humans will react, once the MCU full on introduces mutants.

I had a thought about WandaVision. The premise being she's a mutant, humans in the MCU haven't seen/heard of that concept yet. The final episode, is probably a wake up call and maybe a start to how humans will react, once the MCU full on introduces mutants.
Wanda isn't a mutant. Hydra experimented on her with the Mind Stone which resulted in her gaining psionic powers. She wasn't born with them.

Last edited:
Wanda isn't a mutant. Hydra experimented on her with the Mind Stone which resulted in her gaining psionic powers. She wasn't born with them.
I thought that the premise of the episode where Agatha took Wanda back into her past was that she was indeed born with the powers and unknowingly used them to spontaneously protect herself and Pietro from the UXB (by manipulating probability) - which is why Agatha calls her the Scarlet Witch; she was born as a chaos magic user.

The Mind Stone simply amplified them to the point of being able to use them consciously and increasing the power she can wield - and the fact she and Pietro were able to survive the Mind Stone experiments was down to their respective mutations.

Or at least that was my understanding of it.

Last edited:
I thought that the premise of the episode where Agatha took Wanda back into her past was that she was indeed born with the powers and unknowingly used them to spontaneously protect herself and Pietro from the UXB (by manipulating probability) - which is why Agatha calls her the Scarlet Witch; she was born as a chaos magic user.

The Mind Stone simply amplified them to the point of being able to use them consciously and increasing the power she can wield - and the fact she and Pietro were able to survive the Mind Stone experiments was down to their respective mutations.

Or at least that was my understanding of it.
I thought it just meant she had a natural aptitude for chaos magic. I guess it depends where Marvel go with it.

I thought it just meant she had a natural aptitude for chaos magic. I guess it depends where Marvel go with it.
They were "enhanced", due to not having the Fox deal. Couldn't use the term "mutant". Now that they can, Marvel are setting up the stories to introduce mutants.

Everything else, as Famine posted.

They were "enhanced", due to not having the Fox deal. Couldn't use the term "mutant". Now that they can, Marvel are setting up the stories to introduce mutants.

Everything else, as Famine posted.
I'll buy it when I see the m-word applied to Wanda on screen.

I hope Marvel/Disney consider another season. The dynamic between everyone has been great, and Zemo stole the episode, imo.

Me and my Wife, threw our arms up during the phone call. His sister really pissed us off.
:lol:

I only just started this episode but "The desire to become a superhuman cannot be separated from supremacist ideals" is my favourite line in the show so far.

Do people become superheroes because they want to protect and save people or is it becuase they want to impose their will on others?

Is it ever possible for super-authoritarianism to be justified from a moral standpoint? I guess Iron Man 2's senate hearing touched upon this subject too.

New Cap exudes menace.

Why are Ayo and her chum the only people who have read the instruction manual for Bucky's arm?

Last edited:
I only just started this episode but "The desire to become a superhuman cannot be separated from supremacist ideals" is my favourite line in the show so far.

Do people become superheroes because they want to protect and save people or is it becuase they want to impose their will on others?

Is it ever possible for super-authoritarianism to be justified from a moral standpoint? I guess Iron Man 2's senate hearing touched upon this subject too.

New Cap exudes menace.

Why are Ayo and her chum the only people who have read the instruction manual for Bucky's arm?
I mean, the Wakandans were the ones who built & gave it to him, so makes sense they know how to disable it from him. :)

New Cap exudes menace.

Maybe because she was the closest to him.

It stemmed from Red Skull-Hydra. Remember, the serum was made to have an army to battle Hydra. Yet, they only wound up with Steve.
Fury made the point, on the carrier, about the world is filling up, with people that can't be matched. There's also what Cap said during the Sokovia Accords debrief, about the freedom to choose where to go.

Do the people in the MCU blame Stark? Red Skull? Or as Fury said, "him"(Thor). If it wasn't for Asgard, visiting earth and hiding the tesseract, none of this would have ever happened. Maybe. :D

Do the people in the MCU blame Stark? Red Skull? Or as Fury said, "him"(Thor). If it wasn't for Asgard, visiting earth and hiding the tesseract, none of this would have ever happened. Maybe. :D
They blame Stark the most I think. His name was on the missiles. No wonder he was so eager to sign up with Ross. Nobody blames Steve Rogers (besides maybe Zemo) though. Erskine chose well. Had there been an army who took his serum I'm not sure the QC would have been so rigorous.

You could say that Yinsen saw the same altruistic streak in Tony when he sacrificed himself to cover his escape. But it can be argued that Ultron and Johannesburg add to the considerable red in his ledger.

Did Isaiah Bradley want to boss people around? Did he have a choice whether he was injected? Certainly the people running his super-Tuskegee were plenty authoritarian.

All in all there's little to smile about here. Zemo and Karli stand in opposition to the world order (as Cap himself did in his second movie) but they're just as murderous.

Unless Odin is as omniscient as he is in mythology and the comics I'm not sure he couod be blamed for the state of the world just because he broke the prime directive no matter what Fury's own one good eye tells him. Yet he oversaw plenty of warmongering in the backstory to Thor: Ragnarok.

Last edited:
That's the thing, Zemo being of royalty, is a bit ironic in saying what he said. As you mentioned, he's cunning and using the death of his family as motive.

That's the thing, Zemo being of royalty, is a bit ironic in saying what he said. As you mentioned, he's cunning and using the death of his family as motive.
You're right; he's used to wielding money and power from the looks of things. Perhaps he sees superhumans as a threat to his privilege and dominance.

Last edited:
You're right; he's used to wielding money and power from the looks of things. Perhaps he sees superhumans as a threat to his privilege and dominance.
That and he sure doesn't want to be around to face Wakandan justice. Which, he narrowly escaped, in front of T'Challa.

Back