Disturbing quote about Online vs Offline from PD

  • Thread starter Thread starter research
  • 52 comments
  • 7,337 views
If you live in a free country with capitalism, ITS UP TO YOU. Bust your ass and be successful, you can have this:


If you decide to be a lazy liberal mooch with your hand out your entire life, you'll ride in this:

I concur with what my friend Greyout posted above.

Nice fantasy.

Here's the reality as presented by someone who has spent his life studying economics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTzMqm2TwgE&feature=youtu.be

also

http://climateandcapitalism.com/2010/02/24/growth-and-consumerism-nature-or-nurture/

Here's a handy little graph which proves that the rich have been getting tax cuts for a generation.

http://rodgermitchell.com/IncomeTaxRateGraph-60-04.gif
 
Excellent. I've often commented on how random threads in the GT forum would benefit from information regurgitated from an entry level political science class for no reason whatsoever. Glad we were able to get that out of the way in response to an offhand joke than bring up the matter in the forum or multiple threads where it is actually relevant and frequently discussed.
 
Wow, didn't take long, for this thread to run off course.

I don't necessarily see anything disturbing in the statement in question.

Maybe not the best way, but its one way, to describe the difference between the two modes of play.

Obviously the offline mode is more narrowly structured and path oriented, wherein online is much more open and diverse as to what, where, and when.

BTW, PD and the the whole GT series, as well as this site, are a product of Capitalism. :)
 
VBR
As someone who likes online racing, & dislikes offline, the comment is actually quite positive for me. The more options we have to tailor the online racing experience to create a more realistic & immersive experience the better.


:)

This almost exactly.👍
One of the things I disliked about online was the fact I thought there weren't enough tools to create a tailor made racing experience. Hopefully they deliver on this promise.
 
...
One of the things I disliked about online was the fact I thought there weren't enough tools to create a tailor made racing experience. Hopefully they deliver on this promise.


So are you all saying that you'd rather they not give us these tools Offline? Tell me why.



OT: Ills1999 is displaying higher awareness here. Capitalism and Communism are only two "opposing" sides of yet another Hegelian Dialectic. Created for us, the 99.999% to fight about. The owners of this world participate in neither of these Ideologies.
 
So are you all saying that you'd rather they not give us these tools Offline? Tell me why.



OT: Ills1999 is displaying higher awareness here. Capitalism and Communism are only two "opposing" sides of yet another Hegelian Dialectic. Created for us, the 99.999% to fight about. The owners of this world participate in neither of these Ideologies.

I'm saying I'm happy there trying to implement these tools period. Of course it would be good to have this for offline but saying its disturbing is a stretch.
 
Aren't lots of single player games played how the Dev wants you to? I mean, with the exception of sandbox/open world games, most offline parts are a story or campaign mode that needs the guided aspect to progress. I think the statement, which came from a page about online play, is referring to the /b spec modes as opposed to arcade or practice.
 
lmao looks like a brief description of communism.

He means 'how' in terms of completing licenses and events, not forcing everyone to play GT mode like he (or any of the PD staff) do.
 
I have translated a lot of Japanese text on websites with available translators and a lot of them state the correct translation of "you" as "we" in the provided translator. So it's meant to be you instead of we.

Don't see anything disturbing about it. If you want gore type "ogrish" on Google Images.

Close thread?
 
Aren't lots of single player games played how the Dev wants you to? I mean, with the exception of sandbox/open world games, most offline parts are a story or campaign mode that needs the guided aspect to progress.

Ok look, I'm sure none of us would call foul if we needed to progress through the 'career' and maybe even beat it before we unlock the tools needed to make our own races. Not a problem at all- but we definitely need something after completing A-spec mode. GT5's A-spec was a huge step back from the previous GT's- and even then, all previous GT's were a rabbit-chasing affair from the Sunday Cup to the PD Championship. We are tired of this mind-melting grind, and most GT players would greatly appreciate the ability to create fantastic "what if" scenarios and custom races/championships of all kinds.

Check out Shem's Arcade Love thread I linked in my 2nd post. This is the crap we have to go through to even attempt at getting some use out of 1000 cars and 30+ tracks. It is laborious, the results are still mixed, and there is no reward or even a UCD refresh. Does anyone really think it would be too much to ask of PD to grant us Event Creator tools in GT Life? Do you guys not like the thought of infinite offline single-player replayability?

Where in the hell are all of my guys who made such brilliant and poignant posts on this topic over the last two years?
 
I don't think anyone is denying the need for an offline event creator. The problem is you are reading too far into a quote by PD and too far into what others have posted in response to your thread.
 
I read that comment as strictly an analogy for giving online play more flexibility compared to offline.
 
Sometimes tea leaves are just tea leaves.
 
I read that comment as strictly an analogy for giving online play more flexibility compared to offline.

Sure, Online will have much more flexibility. That's great. Now, why not offline- which is stiff as a board? This quote (in the OP), which has yet to be explained or refuted, implies that they have no plans to give us these great tools offline. I have had my finger on the pulse of everything GT6, constantly looking for any evidence that we might see a longevity-boosting Event Creator, and I was compelled to make this thread to point out that this is the only quote from PD related to the topic, and it's not a good one.

I am not alone in saying this would be a crying shame. I briefly scanned some recent pages of the “Things you want to see in GT6” sticky thread, and in the short span of 7 pages (192-198) we are hearing these calls…

dustbin89
I'm gonna say this again. Custom event generator, with full control over what cars can take part (online and offline). This would be the single best addition and takes little to no work.

Flash_Noddy
Honestly, to be able to customize a grid. At least in arcade mode. I'd love to be able to create my own all star race, or make a gt300/500 race. Cause gt5 can’t evenly match a grid for ****.

vasilescui79 (replying to Flash)
I totally agree. As i said before, in the online mode is also necessary. To add cars to choose from your garage, any car you want, not just the suggested ones, that's so dumb.

DV_zWoD
I would like to see the possibility of creating a "Customs Race", where I was able to choose the opponents ... The brand and model of car and color. That's what I missed in GT5!)

Greyout
I would like the ability to select opponents in an Arcade race. Its quite annoying to try to create some sort of realistic race, and have a rally SUV and a GT300 car on the grid next to each other behind a '63 stingray

RandomCarGuy17
I would like:
- In arcade mode; to be able to choose how many opponents I race against exactly (1-15).
- Choose to race against AI that drive what cars I have in my garage.
- An event creator for offline mode.

smailer
1-racing against your own AI in customized race in and you choose cars from your garage.


C'mon now.
 
Research I completely agree that offline needs a major overhaul. I'm a proponent of an Event Creator 100%. The hoops to jump through for a decent Arcade Race are ridiculous. But yes, so far we've had no evidence of any improvements to offline. Nothing.

That quote just looked like some sales PR to me.
 
I heard on the other part of the forum about hybriding that says that we have, on GT5, a hidden option that allow us to choose arcade opponents, but only for premium cars. Looked like a beta version for some extra option for the future.

However, I heard that one of the reasons of they hide it is because it would allow people to have DLC cars in their races without getting them.
 
Hmm Rolling starts are back again maybe?
Online and offline physics are different again?

Crikey, there's some nightmare scenarios if you think about it?

Actually, after the demo, I can see rolling starts being compulsory for A-spec unfortunately.
Hope to be wrong.
 
Hmm Rolling starts are back again maybe?
Online and offline physics are different again?

Crikey, there's some nightmare scenarios if you think about it?

Actually, after the demo, I can see rolling starts being compulsory for A-spec unfortunately.
Hope to be wrong.

Really hoping for standing starts!
 
I don't think anyone is denying the need for an offline event creator. The problem is you are reading too far into a quote by PD and too far into what others have posted in response to your thread.

Sometimes tea leaves are just tea leaves.

Ummm. I think some people have been disturbed. :lol:


Qualifying in GT6 ???

Arcade Mode is a joke?

Offline: no tire wear?

AI Difficulty slider Yes / No ?

Are you able to 'choose' the cars you race against in Arcade?

Does Career feel 'dumbed down' to anyone?

One make races have been extremely limited

Arcade Mode - Discussion, Hints, Tips and Race Reports




not to mention the stylish honda fit that we all get strapped with as our first purchase "choice"..

:ouch:
 
Last edited:
Two things, IMO, would greatly increase the offline replayability.

1: Pay credits for Arcade Mode races. If we're going to have to grind this would be a much more enjoyable and flexible way to do it.

2: Let us pick out opponents in Arcade Mode, even if it's just simple preset restrictions like Touring Cars, Rally cars, FGT, NASCAR, street cars, etc. It's silly that the game features several GT3 cars but we can't take part in a race full of only GT3 cars, for as many laps as we want, at whatever track we want.

Oh, and decrease the gaps between the cars at the start. If they did these things I could entertain myself for many moons recreating lots of real world races.
 
...

Oh, and decrease the gaps between the cars at the start.


Well, they tried to help us a little bit and make some arcade races class-appropriate, but we still start at the back of a long, strewn-out train of A.I. The leading rabbit is over 1/4 mile away, and in order to catch him we must dodge the brake-checking roadblocks on our way to 'glory'.


Anybody still think that the quote from the OP is being mistranslated? Does anyone think that PD is playing a smart game by trying to force us online? What do the sales number say? I bet I could find a few guys at Sony headquarters who are now disturbed.. :lol:
 
False. Capitalism just takes advantage of the cheapest and most readily available natural resource. As that resource becomes limited, the leaders in a particular industry are the ones that are first to shift to a new resource.

Example: There is no shortage of oil right now, so there is not much of a market for alternative fuels. When gas becomes $8 per gallon because we have used up all the oil, the ones who succeed in the energy industry will be the ones that can capitalize on another energy source and bring it to market first.

Communism and socialism require an unlimited supply of falsely generated motivation and innovation, which never occurs, which is why communism and socialism fail over and over again.

You want to talk about personal property? Since this is a car forum, here you go:
If you live in a communist country, you HOPE AND PRAY you can one day afford to buy this:
18124539_8cedb65eb3_z.jpg

just don't expect to be allowed to pick a color.

If you live in a free country with capitalism, ITS UP TO YOU. Bust your ass and be successful, you can have this:
ferrari_enzo-wide-610x381.jpg


If you decide to be a lazy liberal mooch with your hand out your entire life, you'll ride in this:
Kyoto_City_Bus_200_Ka_1519.jpg


Your life is what you make it

offline mode was complete crap in all areas beyond the sunday cup in GT5
I took a look at you post, kind sir, and I must say that from the start you got it quite right.
Then you failed miserably.
Although it's true that in some communist countries you had to wait for a car ... of any sort ... the philosophy behind making cars in different countries is quite different.
Because if this car
ferrari_enzo-wide-610x381.jpg

is supposed to work on fine roads, I doubt it will cope with that
74419525.qNRilJpB.Mud.jpg
.
You will need something like that
AZLK-2140_%22Moskvich%22_(1,5L)_(front_view).jpg

or even better
cars%20russian%20machine%20jeep%20vehicles%20machinery%20mud%20suv%20lada%202121%20niva%202560x1440%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_55.jpg

cause for the most part, people don't choose where to be born, you know.
You are right that you can choose to make your life different but the truth is ... that in both communism and capitalism ... the capital rules the game. The rich will get richer, etc. No matter the social system. The pity in all this is that even if people see social injustice they don't tend to go and donate half their money to someone who is poorer than them, right? They just want more, just like I buy more cars in the game even if I know that some of them will be crap.
So for a person that, it seems, doesn't have experience to live in both communism and capitalism, you sir, have some serious social agendas to attend to.

As for the PD description of the game ... PD are really sloppy at making descriptions to ... everything. So actually they might say the truth there, since offline and online experience seems to differ in a lot of ways.
 
Back