DLC in GT5?

• Thread starter Peter
  • 565 comments

DLC in GT5???

• Total voters
I'd like to be able to customize the race modification. Instead of just the same look and parts added to each of the able cars, why not let us customize the look? or choose if we just want the predetermined look. I really wish we had more customization for the look and performance of our cars. and when I say customization of the look, I don't mean to the degree of the need for speed games or anything like that, but actual parts(hoods, spoilers, body kits, decals, etc) that real race car drivers use in real life.

My point is, instead of having us buy race versions of certain cars, like that Castrol Tom's Supra, or the Xanavi Nismo GT-R '08 that are in the premium car dealership, or the many cars that show up in the UCD that are already race versions of road cars, why not let us create our own race versions of cars that we can buy stock. Let us create decals and liveries for our cars, add racing stripes or what have you, add different front and rear bumpers, as well as side skirts. Add different styles of spoilers/wings. Add more choices for rims, as well as ability to customize the tires for size, pressure, etc. Add the option to swap engines, like in Forza, so I can perhaps swap a Corvette engine in a Camaro.

What I'm saying is, there should be more options to customize the look and performance of our cars. It's not impossible, as other games have accomplished it. If they could spend the time to add in things such as different racing suits, they could spend the time on something that would be far more sensible like more options to customize our cars, and if we were able to customize our cars, and add liveries, decals, etc, then wouldn't it be awesome then if we could create our own online racing teams, and have online events with racers from different teams competing in their own personally modified racing machines? Instead of buying already made race versions? Anyone get what I'm trying to say?

It's only a few decals and a set of tuning/weight reduction numbers, after all.

It isn't that simple, the exterior and performance differences in most cases yes, but each RM version has a modified interior too which takes quite a bit of time.
Some exteriors are drastically changed too (both Corvettes, '69 Camaro, Lexus IS-F for example).
It's a bit of a mixed bag to be honest, some cars like the Corvettes are truly appearing like the real life LMGT Corvettes, the Lexus IS-F really looks like a racecar from the outside but still has a backseat (just like the RM Challenger)...

Agree there should be more, like a 512BB RM appearing like the 512BB LM for example.

1979-ferrari-512-bb-lm-nart_04_m.jpg

Or a rather obvious RM candidate like the Mazda MX5.

Mazda-MX-5_GT_Race_Car_2011_photo_01.jpg

What the RM cars really prove to me though is that we need some sort of livery editor, even a basic one only consisting of some pre-made templates and decals, etc.
The ability to paint your cars is all I really need for roadcars (not that I wouldn't mind the ability to use it for them as well) but a lot of RM cars look very dull to me, some appear more like tuned roadcars than racecars, adding some form of livery would surely adress that I reckon.

I voted NO because with beeing charged for extra content for cars or power-packs I fear injustices when other opponents in online play might gain advantage due to a better filled purse.

Even the availability of additional charged tracks might affect my online experience in a bad way, when online lobbies will feature tracks I haven't bought by now and make me unable to take part.

Now would be a perfect time to offer the Pike's Peak track as DLC.
The 10 minute barrier was finally broken and the track will be paved next year.

RIP Pike's Peak.

I voted NO because with beeing charged for extra content for cars or power-packs I fear injustices when other opponents in online play might gain advantage due to a better filled purse.

Even the availability of additional charged tracks might affect my online experience in a bad way, when online lobbies will feature tracks I haven't bought by now and make me unable to take part.

I would think it'd seperate the lobbis with vs the lobbies without. . . Ten again, it won't be an issue in terms of tracks. If we can race our own custom tracks online, then thats not an issue. Though I can somewhat see your point in terms of other unique cars having an advantage over you, I seriously doubt it. I mean each car has its strengths and weaknesses. As many cars as there already are in GT5, you should be able to find and modify something to keep up.

@TJN9ne- That Melling Hellcat is pretty. But we're going to need the top speed ring or some additions to the course maker to really see what its made out of.

DLC. Sure I have no issue with that. Some cars, some tracks, maybe some dynamic weather across more tracks, some more modifications. I'd be happy. Hell, throw in some new race types (ie, drag, drift and top speed) and I'll be a happy camper.

drift allready exists

DLC would be great, but given the amount of things that are currently "wrong" with the game (shockingly bad resolution cars, issues with tracks etc) it would leave a very bad taste in the mouth if they asked us to pay for it. If the game was "as they sold it to us" then sure, I'd have no problem with paying for it. But some of the graphics from the original advertisements, with the "actual game footage" text in the corner, haven't been realised in the released product. It's a strong term but I'd say we were misled with a lot of false promises that have yet to be delivered.

Something that occurred to me about the rumours regarding the inclusion of Pike's Peak, wasn't the "Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trial Car" or whatever they called it now previously called "Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak" or similar? Sounds like a licensing miss to me, which possibly suggests the track didn't or won't make it 👎

drift allready exists

Sorry I should've been more specific. When I say drift i mean like A-spec payed events for drifting. Preferably tandem. If not, then there could just be paid drift trials. I know the computer can drift, I have replays of it saved. So my point is paid drifting, not just the leaderboard trials.

I would love to see race tracks from GT4... such as Seattle and El Capitan.
I don't know if we're ever going to get DLC though. well... not anytime soon...

I think the audi r18 should be in DLC when/if they bring it out. Anyone else think it looks like the Bentley speed 8 race car from the front?

Nah Kaz just needs to add a Skyline he missed out, the R33 Gtst in premium ofc.....Why on earth did he miss out the most popular R33 model?

I think DLC will be ready before "GT5 Platinum Collection" re-release, with all updates and patches, as always.

Yes, I think so.. Something like GT5 Spec II ?

Its hard for newcomer to load up the game for the first time due to large amount of patch download.

Dlc NOOO!!!! Give me a disc i can touch!!! My 40GB is full enough plus you are obligated to have internet so dlc rules out people, content on a disc doesn't PLUS a disc can be payd for in a normal sence, can be transported in a save manner, and i can think of a million more reasons why it should'nt be dlc but a disc. Both are good too but dlc alone stinks very pungently!!!
Greetings stano666

stano666
Dlc NOOO!!!! Give me a disc i can touch!!! My 40GB is full enough plus you are obligated to have internet so dlc rules out people, content on a disc doesn't PLUS a disc can be payd for in a normal sence, can be transported in a save manner, and i can think of a million more reasons why it should'nt be dlc but a disc. Both are good too but dlc alone stinks very pungently!!!
Greetings stano666

Intstall bigger hard drive, problem solved. Every other game that utelises dlc does so as a download, and that's worked fine for them...

Anyway, more modern race cars (lmp, gt, rally etc) update standards to premiums (some if not all), old original tracks, new real tracks, and put in some Aussie cars forchrissake

I dont know if this has been mentioned before... but if you go to trophies and short your trophies like "Core Game/Add-on" (by pressing the square button) GT's trophies are shorted like there will be add-on trophies, and if i am not mistaken this is from day-1 of GT5.
I am not sure though that this hints something like "PD had it always in mind to release add on", cause from the other hand, many games that never got add-on do the same and many games that got add-on dont short their trophies like that.

edit: forgot to say....
that i would like and pay for DLC but NOT for DLC that will have staff from previous gt's. i rather eat the disc than pay for e.x. test track or apricot hill.
I am not saying that i dont want this tracks, i am just saying that if they are looking to rip-off people, PD is dead for me.

Last edited:
sdf
I dont know if this has been mentioned before... but if you go to trophies and short your trophies like "Core Game/Add-on" (by pressing the square button) GT's trophies are shorted like there will be add-on trophies, and if i am not mistaken this is from day-1 of GT5.
I am not sure though that this hints something like "PD had it always in mind to release add on", cause from the other hand, many games that never got add-on do the same and many games that got add-on dont short their trophies like that.

I wonder if that is just due to commonality with the Trophy system. It might not mean a thing, but I am sure crossing my fingers.

:gtpflag:

Something that occurred to me about the rumours regarding the inclusion of Pike's Peak, wasn't the "Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trial Car" or whatever they called it now previously called "Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak" or similar? Sounds like a licensing miss to me, which possibly suggests the track didn't or won't make it 👎
Isn't there a car in GT5 with "Pikes Peak" in its name or am I just stupid?

sumbrownkid
I won't be surprise to see the latest Super GT cars in future DLC.

YES

The HSV-010 Weider Honda Racing would be incredible to drive, would easily smoke a Nismo Z and an S2K Turbo :D

Also new WRC cars. Including Polo concept maybe? :confused:

@Ganon83
I'm happy to tell you that you are not stupid :) There is a car from Audi that is called "Audi Pikes Peak quattro '03" in the game. 👍

Daniel46
@Ganon83
I'm happy to tell you that you are not stupid :) There is a car from Audi that is called "Audi Pikes Peak quattro '03" in the game. 👍

Which is essentially a Q7 concept. Unfortunately the epic 'Quattro Pikes Peak' isn't in this game. Speaking of Pikes Peak we need to see both it and also the Suzuki Cultus in this game. It's essentially a slightly milder but better looking Escudo for me. Or at least a flatter looking one anyway :lol:

Back