DLC in GT5?

• Thread starter Peter
  • 565 comments

DLC in GT5???

• Total voters
if DLC is coming i think it will be for free
i hope we will get some DLC

Thats the problem here. What's a point for PD giving FREE DLC, if they can save it for GT6 (make it more desirable), or do money for payable DLC? Of course I hope it will be free, but knowing that money can do anything I'm not so
sure that it will be free...

Thats the problem here. What's a point for PD giving FREE DLC, if they can save it for GT6 (make it more desirable), or do money for payable DLC? Of course I hope it will be free, but knowing that money can do anything I'm not so
sure that it will be free...

one time Kaz said that he dont like DLC
the point for giving free DLC is that everyone will have the same experience and the same full game
maybe Kaz and PD think the same
they could sell the helmets and racing suits but it was for free and i bet EA or so would sell the pack for 4,99$
sorry for my bad englisch :guilty:

Last edited:
I've found something interesting while reading the credits in game. Look at the Aston Martin section and you'll see it.
025g.jpg

Hopefully this confirms the DBS and One77 as DLC cars.

I'm pretty sure the DBS and the One-77 are mentioned in the description for some other Astons, and sadly that actually doesn't confirm them in the game.

Intstall bigger hard drive, problem solved. Every other game that utelises dlc does so as a download, and that's worked fine for them...

Anyway, more modern race cars (lmp, gt, rally etc) update standards to premiums (some if not all), old original tracks, new real tracks, and put in some Aussie cars forchrissake

What's wrong with a disc ? And didn't you read that the room on my hdd isn't the main problem ? I wan't to be able to carry my disc, so i can go away from home and play GT without bringing my PS3 ! There are many more reasons i want it on disc, but i'm not in the mood to explain them all, especially when you half listen.
Greetings stano666 :)

What's wrong with a disc ? And didn't you read that the room on my hdd isn't the main problem ? I wan't to be able to carry my disc, so i can go away from home and play GT without bringing my PS3 ! There are many more reasons i want it on disc, but i'm not in the mood to explain them all, especially when you half listen.

GT5 Platinum Collection is your only answer! ;)

GT5 Platinum Collection is your only answer! ;)

I wonder if platinum collection will include dlc, tho. it would be nice.
GTA episodes from libertycity is available on disc & as dlc so it is possible. Hopefully GT will follow suit.

stano666

So then how does it work? All that looks like is a massive rort of the concept of paid dlc. If it works like an install disc, then it would need something like a password (like modern pc games) to limit the copy of file between ps3's. Otherwise if it didn't, then (lets assume you have a close group of 50 friends who all play gt5) it would be a massive loss for pd, because 50 people would have the paid dlc while only one copy was paid for.

Last edited:
So, there's like 30 tracks and 1000 cars, right? Have you done all 30,000 combinations yet, people?
So that's a reason to not want more?
DLC doesn't hurt anyone, and it helps those that want it, so even if I can't afford it, it will help others enjoy the game more, what's wrong with that?

If they said "download this DLC or you can't play online anymore" then
there would be reason to complain.

Indy Racerfan
Sony will decide to make it a PlayStation Plus exclusive....

What a horrible decision that would be. Sony and PD have made some head scratchers but that would take the cake.

I think that DLC is very very close i just fell it .

By the way i think that PD wont always make free stuff , they need money , they need players so i guess what players are asking they wont ignore ;S

So then how does it work? All that looks like is a massive rort of the concept of paid dlc. If it works like an install disc, then it would need something like a password (like modern pc games) to limit the copy of file between ps3's. Otherwise if it didn't, then (lets assume you have a close group of 50 friends who all play gt5) it would be a massive loss for pd, because 50 people would have the paid dlc while only one copy was paid for.

The normal game is on a disc too, does that get copied ?

The normal game is on a disc too, does that get copied ?

Not in the same sense, no, because that doesnt involve installing the game onto the hard drive. As I said, a password unique to each copy would work wonders for piracy prevention, as opposed to a straight disc.

I think that PD should make DLC even if you pay say £0.79 per car or get bundles I mean do we really need/want 20 + Mx-5 instead of other Manufactures and Models they could have also done with better race mods so you can make custom designs on standard cars as well. All this is My Opinion

We need at least 1 touge track. One main reason why I play FM3 is because of Fujimi Kaido. What an awesome track that was.

Bring touge to GT5!

Back