• Thread starter Peter
  • 565 comments

DLC in GT5???

• Total voters

Peter

(Banned)
pj-gm
lol not happening
Do you want DLC in GT5? I don't. Well, not for track or cars but probably stuff like add on extra customization packages like rims, spoilers.

Digital Liberty Coalition? Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport? Democratic Leadership Council? Development life cycle? Diamond-like carbon? Driver License Compact? Dual-listed company? Delocalized coordinates? Downloadable content? Data Length Code? Data Link Control? Desktop Linux Consortium? Digital loop carrier?

Note to self: don't expect everyone to know the acronyms!

Why not? I would love to see more RIMS, Body kits, wings, Extra stuff.. We all know CARS and Tracks is a must as well

But..

We must expect a full game right away.. Damange, Weather, Day Night Cycles.. and Car customization (livery, colors, body kits) should be all included from day one..

So I hope PD does release a FULL game, I can wait extra time.. Even if it's full year from today..

Sure i would buy downable content, but it had better not be already on the disc like another game i know of!

As long as the game is full featured with all the things we've come to respect, why not offer it extra expandability by giving people the option of downloading more cars, tracks, features for money.

In this generation DLC is expected from major releases. Especially with the way PD is with release dates it would be nice to get recent models after the game is out.

I voted yes. I want GT5 to be a full and complete game with nothing left out on purpose but I do want extra cars and tracks made available throughout the life span of the game but only if it is properly integrated into all modes of the game and that means offline one player as well as online multiplayer.

Cars only as new ones come out, then maybe after a while tracks too.

Yes, as long as they don't keep changing physics like in GT5P, finalise tyres and physics in GT5 and only add new content.

Yes, as long as they don't keep changing physics like in GT5P, finalise tyres and physics in GT5 and only add new content.

Oh yes, if they change physics just once I'll hit the roof.

Well DLC would be great, and i would like to pay for extra cars/tracks. But i voted "No". Since Sony has still not released PSN pre-paid cards in Europe, and in Europa Creditcards aint that common as in the US. And i dont feel like getting a creditcard just for Gran Turismo.
I think Sony could realy make a lot more money in Europe if they release the PSN prepaid cards. But for some reason they still aint here, and i doubt if they ever gonna get released in Europe

...and in Europa Creditcards aint that common as in the US. And i dont feel like getting a creditcard just for Gran Turismo.

I've thought that almost everybody have atleast Visa-Electron in these days...? I just bought few days ago Worms from PSN with it... mainly because I wanted to test that method in PSN, and it worked fine.

In Finland, we have only 'few' Cash-Machines left anymore, so banks wants everybody should have Electron. (so they could save moneys, what those Machines takes from them... repairs, fillings, updates, etc etc )

Last edited:
Australia also need pre-paid PSN cards, unless a MasterCard gift card will work, which I will be trying shortly.

Like others, I want a full game at release.

Downloadable content is the norm now though, so a constant flow of new content would be more than welcome as well.

Personally, I don't really like Downloadable content, I would rather buy the full hog right from the off. I would struggle to justify spending over £100 on a game, hopefully it cots less than that to get everything.

Personally : No (I don't have a credit card so I'm kind of forced to buy the full package and be able to download new content for free (like described in amar's crypted post)).

For all who's interested in DLC: yes.

Personally : No (I don't have a credit card so I'm kind of forced to buy the full package and be able to download new content for free (like described in amar's crypted post)).

For all who's interested in DLC: yes.

I think you will like the idea of a full purchase initially of GT5 with all future downloads being free. I am certainly hoping that is what Amar meant. 👍

Sure i would buy downable content, but it had better not be already on the disc like another game i know of!

And what is that game?

I voted yes. I want GT5 to be a full and complete game with nothing left out on purpose but I do want extra cars and tracks made available throughout the life span of the game but only if it is properly integrated into all modes of the game and that means offline one player as well as online multiplayer.
My thoughts exactly. I've been gently bringing this up from time to time, because of the DLC with Forza 2. It's worthless offline - well, the cars are okay, though mostly more of the same variations, like people complain about Skylines in GT4. But tracks are no good except for time trials offline. Polyphony should be able to intelligently design GT5 so that downloads of tracks are integrated into the single player offline aspect, either by using placeholder stand-in tracks or some other method.

One thing I'd love to see is DLC content for the livery editor, such as text font packs, national flags, vinyl packs, decal packs and the like, along with full race car livery skins. There are tens of thousands of race cars from various nations, and it would be too cool if PD would license some of these liveries from the various racing types every year and offer them as downloadables.

There will always be content post-release that either wasn't done or didn't make the cut for whatever reason. It would be nice to eventually obtain that content as a courtesy or, if need be, a sensibly priced expansion.

-General

Why wouldn't someone want more content, especially more cars and tracks?

Themed packages would be cool.

Last edited:
I want DLC. If its cars & tracks the better.
And also, from Amar´s post, if it will be 2 GT5 versions, one beeing the most expensive because of its prepaid future DLC (im buying this one), then i really hope for tons of DLC.
Lets say, another 600 cars beeing released through the next 2/3 years.
It even crossed my mind if its possible the DLC to be Tourist Trophy (the bikes). Because the game already has the tracks and could already be prepared for it so it would just need to receive the bikes. But thats not probably.

Of course! It would only make the game better... And what's so bad about new cars and tracks? It better be free for the most part... I just don't get the proportions...

400-ish cars w/ GT5.... $60
5 car pack... $6

This is just speculation, but does this idea confuse anybody else?

Digital Liberty Coalition? Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport? Democratic Leadership Council? Development life cycle? Diamond-like carbon? Driver License Compact? Dual-listed company? Delocalized coordinates? Downloadable content? Data Length Code? Data Link Control? Desktop Linux Consortium? Digital loop carrier?

Note to self: don't expect everyone to know the acronyms!

:lol::lol::lol:

I have criticized DLC in previous posts here; but considering Amar’s second “Feast of God” appetizer I'm ready to change my mind about it. It looks like Polyphony will come with an pretty fair offer that will most probably suit me. (depending initial sacrifice tag of course)

I have criticized DLC in previous posts here; but considering Amar’s second “Feast of God” appetizer I'm ready to change my mind about it. It looks like Polyphony will come with an pretty fair offer that will most probably suit me. (depending initial sacrifice tag of course)

I too have criticized DLC, but that is because it's not used correctly in some cases in my view. I do want DLC in GT5 as long as it's handled correctly, fair and sensibly priced. Oh and Sony release pre-paid PSN cards in the EU region, otherwise a lot of people won't be able to purchase any DLC.

Gone are the days when games were what you bought on the disc, wich is good on the one hand, but bad on the other.

I like the idea of patching a game with bugfixes and aditional free content, but i will NEVER pay for DLC, that i would have expected to ship with the game in the first place! Kaz once said, that they wont charge GT5 fans for updates, because they allready got their money from prologue, so i hope that they will only release free DLC.

Free DLC for every major autoshow with the latest concepts and one new track every 6 months would be nice!
And i wish they would offer GTTV for free, i wont pay for that, no matter how good it might actually be.

A GT game is such a large undertaking these days I doubt we'll see GT6 on the PS3, just GT5 + DLC and eventually a GT5 ultimate edition with all of the DLC included.

The ultimate secret to GT5 being the best racing game ever will be a continuous stream of cars for DLC. The thing is people will say, "well why were those car not in the game to begin with?". Well first of all PD can't possibly put every car ever in GT5. They have to draw the line at some point and 600+ cars is nothing to feel cheated about. But what they can do is put new cars in GT5 as they come out. Every year there is a new GTR or STi, etc, it will go strait to GT. Imagine got having to buy any other racing game in order to drive the latest cars. And since car manufacturers are using computer models for just about every aspect of a car PD's production process will be more streamlined than ever. Similar to the GTR reveal and the STi reveal in GT5p. Imagine having a major new car model be revealed at an auto show and then one hour later you are driving it in GT5. How awesome would that be. Even if it came at a price. Who would not want to do that?

Back