DLC release discussion (Some note in first post)

• Thread starter TCSdisable
  • 1,033 comments
HKS racer
They are OFFICIALLY acting like EA trolls. I'm disgusted.

I almost think thats worse than EA... but Im not sure.
Funny how they expect so many people to start over a one years worth of game progress just to buy some lame stuff (except Spa, which I'd still buy, if it was sold seperately).
:/

Can you reinstall or "reactivate" paint items from the new Downloads menu; or are the new paint items truely 100% one time use?

If you have a "strange mix" don't buy the DLC!!!!!
It's not a solution either. People with "strange mix" just want to buy and play DLC content like all of us. Come on guys in freakin 2011 they should be allowed to. Once again Sony PD are screwing off their users, they absolutely have no clue of what they are doing. They didn't inform people in time about that.

If your GT5 Game save create by your Singapore account, buy a DLC in Singapore PSN.

If your GT5 Game save create by your US account, buy a DLC in USA PSN

understood?

Because GT5 "DLC" in real, is not Download a file to PS3 and Activate, so that couldn't share with other accounts.

in case GT5 "DLC" is "unlock service". Once again "unlock service".

that's Different with other DLC. Download a File and active on Machine
GT5 is buy a service and unlock the function with account.
(GT5 in real couldn't apply DLC to call it...)

Wrong...

I went to the Singapore Store, Bought the DLC. Tried to use it with my save file created by my Singapore account and it did not work.

I think it may be that my game disk is region USA???

I'm extremely disappointed as well. Even though my main account is a U.S account as is my PS3...but my copy of GT5 is EURO/PAL and I live in Kuwait, which did not have any Playstation Store access, I created my account way back in November 2006 when the PS3 was first released.

Leaving all that aside, I have to wait a whole week like everyone with a U.S account for the DLC. Will it even work since my copy is EURO? what is this region locking crap? I can downloaded DLC from my Japanese account and get to use it on my U.S account. Mentioned this in another thread too...I'm pissed off.

I am in the same boat as you but "inverted"

Euro PSN account
US GT5 disc

I bought the DLC and it's not working cause of my US disc.....
Want to exchange ? lol!

I feel your pain and its not a fair way of doing things (from PD/Sony) and it seems to be focused in making money only.

It's not a solution either. People with "strange mix" just want to buy and play DLC content like all of us. Come on guys in freakin 2011 they should be allowed to. Once again Sony PD are screwing off their users, they absolutely have no clue of what they are doing. They didn't inform people in time about that.

I agree but don't buy it until they correct it (if the do)...
I just don't want member to loose $$$ as i just did.

It seems there is a bug with the PSN, at least in France...
When you purchase DLC, the PSN charge you more than one time!
It just happend to me. The Sony support say by phone that's a big problem since the release this morning. Many users are calling for being charged up to five or more times! Some got five time the same DLC, other got nothing... I've got two DLC on the same account!!!
It's unclear if it's a random bug, perhaps linked with the mutiple accounts on the same PS3, but there's big trouble and they may suspend the DLC release untill they find where the problem is...
Nothing official for now, it's from the customer support.

People seem to be focusing on the account locking side of things and forgetting about the one of each only issue, which is just as bad from my point of view. One use paints and one of each car is ridiculous.

It all stinks of greed to me. GT is so universally applicable that it sells so well, so Sony want to use it to milk the 🤬 out of those who have already shelled out cash and bought it. They see the size of the potential market and salivate at the possible revenue to be had from exploiting the expectations of average gamers, only to laugh and point at the small print when it all goes wrong.

Sickening behaviour.
I'd love to hear the justification for locking "DLC" to an account and region. Probably just control. 👎

Is there a "support" page @ PD
Or a e-mail where i could officially complain and link this thread.

I had a look at PD home page and GT5 site and nothing.....
It's not like i was alone we are many in the same case here with X region disc and Y region account.

I live in Cyprus (EU) but the game was ordered from Amazon (US version) and I play using the US PSN account, thank god :)

It seems there is a bug with the PSN, at least in France...
When you purchase DLC, the PSN charge you more than one time!
It just happend to me. The Sony support say by phone that's a big problem since the release this morning. Many users are calling for being charged up to five or more times! Some got five time the same DLC, other got nothing... I've got two DLC on the same account!!!
It's unclear if it's a random bug, perhaps linked with the mutiple accounts on the same PS3, but there's big trouble and they may suspend the DLC release untill they find where the problem is...
Nothing official for now, it's from the customer support.

I bought from the France PSN and got charge twice.
The problem ain't multiple account on the PS3.

In my case i click on "purchase" twice cause i couln'd see it anywhere when bought the first time (i though it was a glitch). But you won't see any reference of the DLC in the PSN Store after you buy it.

You will need to go in your account management that the only place you can see what you bought.

So in short...the only people who will be able to unlock their DLC are the people who have same region PS3s/Accounts/Game combinations?

On a system that allows region free game play, are YOU KIDDING ME PD??

Happy I'm not some wacko gamer with gazillion account playing one game and another gazillion playing another. I have one game (GT5) and one account and I'm getting this DLC because apparently it's tailor made for ME!

And to the OP: in English, please. Isn't HKG once a English colony. My god, my dog can speak better english than that :)

That's a bit harsh, don't ya think ? And to say that in front of a few hundred guys viewing this thread.

The OP's been replying DLC queries in this forum for a while now today. I think the OP deserves a break. Now I'd really like to see your dog on youtube some day. No offence intended :)

Sorry for going off topic. So far Kaz is still silent on twitter about this DLC thingy... I'll be running out of popcorn soon hehe :dunce:

I'm about to try a little experiment. I have bought the DLC, now I have deleted to game file for GT5, but kept the game save & I'm re-installing the game file as we speak. I wonder if the DLC will show back up? Only time will tell.

I'll report back with my findings

PD have to get the STRANGE MIX problem sorted out, or they will be losing more money, people wanna buy the DLC, and PD are just saying NO

I'm about to try a little experiment. I have bought the DLC, now I have deleted to game file for GT5, but kept the game save & I'm re-installing the game file as we speak. I wonder if the DLC will show back up? Only time will tell.

that would help me, if it worked, i can let my friend who has a region 1 disk, buy the dlc with my account, problem fixed

I will create a thread as a "petition" so we can share that to PD/GT5.

It will be online in minute please keep it clean so we can be respected by PD/Sony.
Perhaps creating one on one of the petition sites would be a better idea, it probably spread around the web more easily and should get more signatories than a thread here could.

I agree but don't buy it until they correct it (if the do)...
I just don't want member to loose $$$ as i just did.

I believe they will address it when they see all the commotion this has caused, and also how many users have paid but cannot use it.

And please everybody stop comparing PD to other greedy game companies. They have supported us and this game for almost a year now, giving plenty patches/updates and recently Spec 2.0. That's a whole lot more than can be said for certain other companies.

They messed up with this account locking thing though IMHO, and I hope at the very least that those who paid and cannot use it will get their money back.

Perhaps creating one on one of the petition sites would be a better idea, it will just be a list of names and would probably spread around the web more easily, it should get more signatories than a thread here could.

GTplanet is pretty much the biggest gathering of GT5 users/players as far as i know. Usually pretty much all site link to GTplanet when there a problem/solution regarding GT5.

Just spread the link as much as i can to site concerning this issue.

that would help me, if it worked, i can let my friend who has a region 1 disk, buy the dlc with my account, problem fixed

Just to make things a little clearer. I live in Australia & I own a PAL version of GT5. I also purchased the DLC from the Aus. PSN shop.

Waheed, not to sure wether that will fix it :-(

I bought from the France PSN and got charge twice.
The problem ain't multiple account on the PS3.

In my case i click on "purchase" twice cause i couln'd see it anywhere when bought the first time (i though it was a glitch). But you won't see any reference of the DLC in the PSN Store after you buy it.

You will need to go in your account management that the only place you can see what you bought.

Thanks!
It's exactly what happened to me...
But it seems they have also some other problems, because some customers didn't get any DLC after their purchase or can't unlock it even if it appears ingame...
And some get charged five times without nothing!
They told me that Sony France will refund customers charged by mistake and may offer something as a commercial gesture.

And please everybody stop comparing PD to other greedy game companies. They have supported us and this game for almost a year now, giving plenty patches/updates and recently Spec 2.0. That's a whole lot more than can be said for certain other companies.
I like the implication that one not only invalidates the other, but makes it so it isn't even an issue.

Will be interesting to see how this goes.

There is no comparison in this case... not even EA would think of this... when I buy a DLC from EA... I get all the DLC cars I want for free (multiple if I wish) and I can play it on any account on my PS3

Just speculation... Could it possibly be that the delay of the DLC launch at the US PSN store has something to do with this? Maybe they realized the US store acts as the international store in fact, and they're removing this limitation for the DLC release. Am I being too naive?

Back