DLC release discussion (Some note in first post)

• Thread starter TCSdisable
  • 1,033 comments
Is there a "support" page @ PD
Or a e-mail where i could officially complain and link this thread.

I had a look at PD home page and GT5 site and nothing.....
It's not like i was alone we are many in the same case here with X region disc and Y region account.

You can complain here: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo/bd-p/65

There are some mods & more arround. The forum is very dead, so better re-link this thread to make a point.
:D:tup:

Just speculation... Could it possibly be that the delay of the DLC launch at the US PSN store has something to do with this? Maybe they realized the US store acts as the international store in fact, and they're removing this limitation for the DLC release. Am I being too naive?

It's more likely that they were behind in establishing the systems and infrastructure to do this kind of limited, authenticated "DLC". Either that, or there's a legal issue or three that hasn't been resolved...

Funny, remember Kaz's apparent surprise at people expressing the desire for more DLC? Now it seems we know why he was surprised. "You want to be ripped off?"

Is this GT:HD 2011?

EDIT: BastorD's link is borked: HERE. EDIT: fixed!

Last edited:
I like the implication that one not only invalidates the other, but makes it so it isn't even an issue.

Clever, isn't it. :D
Seriously though, I didn't mean that PD isn't in the same money making business. You know, maybe I should have formulated that sentence a bit differently. What I meant is:
1. PD has been much better at supporting their game than most other (although that might not have much to do with the issue here)
2. They messed up this DLC lock thing.

Can anyone provide guidance please (acc to purchase the dlc, the procedure to prevent multiple buying, etc).. Yes its sucks, but what we can do now is to prevent other Gt5 user to fall a the same 'hole'

Can anyone provide guidance please (acc to purchase the dlc, the procedure to prevent multiple buying, etc).. Yes its sucks, but what we can do now is to prevent other Gt5 user to fall a the same 'hole'

The best solution is not to buy it until they remove the daft locking.

Funny, remember Kaz's apparent surprise at people expressing the desire for more DLC? Now it seems we know why he was surprised. "You want to be ripped off?"

Is this GT:HD 2011?

I LMAO-ed. It actually makes sense. Thanks! 👍

"For the first time in GT history, enhancing the game with a variety of DLC"

I'm sure PD is gauging public response right now to decide with a proper response that won't annoy the buyers further. I hope they come out with something surprising.

This has created a serious issue. Anyone here in GTP with contacts in PD? get the word out for them to at least read this thread and see how many people are having problems or being completely denied of any DLC access (like myself). :(

I used to say why do people complain about PD? when I read some threads here, but now I can honestly say for the first time I feel real disappointment towards them for this mega-flop of an error.

The best solution is not to buy it until they remove the daft locking.

I'll definitely boycott. I'm even thinking on not following the series anymore, GT6 and onwards, even though it has always been my favorite. This is the last straw from PD, their most critical error.

I'll definitely boycott. I'm even thinking on not following the series anymore, GT6 and onwards, even though it has always been my favorite. This is the last straw from PD, their most critical error.

Good luck with that! Personally I'm going to download and have a blast.

Not very happy about the fact that I have to pay for the dlc twice if I want to use it on both of my psn accounts :( not fair to pay twice when I can only use one at a time .

I bought the complete pack but this was before I found out about the whole one account and rebuying thing. I sort of regret it now but at least I only use one account for GT5.

I'm about to try a little experiment. I have bought the DLC, now I have deleted to game file for GT5, but kept the game save & I'm re-installing the game file as we speak. I wonder if the DLC will show back up? Only time will tell.

I'll report back with my findings

Ok, I'm back with results.

After purchasing the DLC & then deleting my game file of GT5 & placing my GT5 save file to a USB, I then deleted the save file.

Then I began to re-install the game file along with the patches & spec II. After installing I started the game & after pressing the download button on the main screen, guess what I saw? My DLC :)

Am i missing something, What happened to the bundle pack?
I can only buy 1 pack at a time and it's more expensive than was first stated.

Ok, I'm back with results.

After purchasing the DLC & then deleting my game file of GT5 & placing my GT5 save file to a USB, I then deleted the save file.

Then I began to re-install the game file along with the patches & spec II. After installing I started the game & after pressing the download button on the main screen, guess what I saw? My DLC :)

this confirms my theory, you could let someone else on another ps3 buy the DLC using ur account, then you'll find it on yours when u open it 👍 *if you have another region disk than ur account*

Bought the game in germany, but the store tells me, that it is not available for my account (the complete package), giving me no reasons why. I seem to be able to buy the individual items, but i would like to have the complete package. Any ideas?

Heared that 2 other guys have the same problem and one guy had to pay 30€ and now has the package 5 times. wierd as ever...

this confirms my theory, you could let someone else on another ps3 buy the DLC using ur account, then you'll find it on yours when u open it 👍

Its worth a try, but the DLC maybe connected not only to your PSN ID but also to the PS3 console itself

Waheed
this confirms my theory, you could let someone else on another ps3 buy the DLC using ur account, then you'll find it on yours when u open it 👍 *if you have another region disk than ur account*

That most likely wont work, cause disc and store you purchased dlc must usually match.

On another note:

PD probably read all the " I will buy anything at any prize, cause I'm so damn rich! " comments and decided to see how far they can go. 👎

That most likely wont work, cause disc and store you purchased dlc must match. * usually

On another note:

PD probably read all the " I will buy anything at any prize, cause I'm so damn rich! " comments and decided to see how far they can go. 👎

What can one do... besides not being able to replay the game with the DLC on my second user (with no online account) if I like a certain car and want to have another version of it (fully tunned or whatever) I have to buy the DLC again. All because fanboys arent good to themselfs let alone others.

sucks for North America, but please let's end the drama queen acts - lol at those raging and threatening to quit - you know you won't and stomping your feet isn't going to make this happen faster.

let's take a deep breath now and put it into perspective. the only thing great about the DLC is Spa (unless you are really dying for another nissan?). you can join lobbies that host that track without having the DLC. basically you have to wait a week to be able to host - cry me a river! it's not like you are missing A-spec races or seasonal events on Spa.

on a side note, I was hoping that with DLC we would get some event around it. hoepfully that will be the case next week when all regions have the dlc.

That would not work probably as even when someone uses your account it's still linked to the Playstation Store that account is at. (US account = US Playstation store) etc....his experiment is completely different.

That would not work probably as even when someone uses your account it's still linked to the Playstation Store that account is at. (US account = US Playstation store) etc....his experiment is completely different.

guess my only option is to sell my EU game, buy a new US region 1 game, after all I mainly play gt5, so it'll be worth it? lol i am lost

Latest Posts

Back