DLC: What are you willing to pay for?

DLC: What are you willing to pay REAL MONEY for?

  • Individual cars

    Votes: 109 45.8%
  • Car packs

    Votes: 186 78.2%
  • Tracks (including variations)

    Votes: 131 55.0%
  • Track packs.

    Votes: 192 80.7%
  • Night time special stages of existing tracks

    Votes: 74 31.1%
  • Engine performance parts

    Votes: 54 22.7%
  • Official upgrade packs for existing cars, ie John Cooper Work, Alpina, Cosworth

    Votes: 73 30.7%
  • Personalised number / licence plates

    Votes: 22 9.2%
  • Neons / Tinted windows

    Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Special edition Alloy Wheels

    Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Liverys / Vinyls

    Votes: 40 16.8%
  • HUD dials (Need for speed style)

    Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Character clothing (ie overalls/helmets)

    Votes: 29 12.2%
  • Higher quality b-spec drivers

    Votes: 22 9.2%
  • Rewind.

    Votes: 6 2.5%
  • New specs of the game, ie Spec II, III etc.

    Votes: 89 37.4%
  • Track editor.

    Votes: 85 35.7%
  • Other that i missed

    Votes: 20 8.4%

  • Total voters
    238
Messages
1,096
Messages
Wattsterplus
Messages
XML Binging Language?
Downloadable content is already a big part of the Playstation 3 experience as seen with Little Big Planet costumes, and extra tracks for Guitar Hero.

It is pretty much certain that downloadable content will play a part in GT5, the bit i'm concerned about is cost and implementation.

What is a new virtual car actually worth?
GT-mode completion could suddenly become incomplete with the addition of new tracks?
Is there ever going to a point in which you cant compete evenly online because the turbo you need to keep up with everyone else is only available as a download, and you cant afford it.
Would you be willing to pay for a spec II?

I would like to get a feel in this poll about exactly what people are willing to pay for in DLC, and what should be free. Please select only the items that you are willing to hand over REAL money for.

Of course, this all may be irrelevant if you were to buy a special version as hinted at by Amar, for the moment we'll pretend this version wont exist.
 
Last edited:
Do you have the reference to certain DLC for GT5?
 
What would I pay for?

Not much happily after the time GT5 has been in development.

Everything had better be there, and the only DLC I'd be willing to go for would be something that elevates the game to GT5.5 or 5.75, not random additions.

GT5P should have had real online. That's all I'd need to keep me happy waiting for GT5. PD didn't do it. So GT5 better be good and complete. I would have preferred GT5 been released long ago and completed over time with DLC, some free some payed (all free would not be bad).
 
What would I pay for?

Not much happily after the time GT5 has been in development.

Everything had better be there, and the only DLC I'd be willing to go for would be something that elevates the game to GT5.5 or 5.75, not random additions.

GT5P should have had real online. That's all I'd need to keep me happy waiting for GT5. PD didn't do it. So GT5 better be good and complete. I would have preferred GT5 been released long ago and completed over time with DLC, some free some payed (all free would not be bad).

To be honest, i agree to some of what you say, but i think DLC is coming whether we like it or not. DLC is going to be the revenue maker to fund GT6, all those extra staff at PD can't have come cheap, nevermind the fact that i think im right in saying that there arent as many PS3's about as there were PS2's when GT4 came out. And in my home country games havent really gone up by much of the years.
 
If its something I want Ill pay for it. While cost can be a deterrent and in general I just dont care for pay DLC I will drop the cash for it if needed.
 
Car packs and track packs. That is it. Probably only track packs, if I'm being completely honest with myself; and even then probably not. The rest of it is either a joke (engine performance parts), an insult (better AI) or something I don't actually want in the game.
 
Last edited:
Any DLC should rightly come free, but I would be willing to pay for tracks and layouts (bundled)
 
there are things i'd pay for, but think its best that Sony not know what they are.

b
 
I hope they will not take advantage of my gt5 love and car passion...
 
I'd happily pay for car and track packs as long as the content is specific and not just a random collection of whatever their designers have just finished. Especially if its cars.

There are certain types of cars i have little interest in driving, and rarely do unless i need them for a certain race series, so i don't want to be paying £4.99 for 20 new cars, most of which i'll never use. Give me 'Early 70's US Muscle Cars Pack' or '90's LeMans Prototypes Pack' etc etc.
 
I just thought about this, what if you could buy famous individual races that you could play.Famous Le Mans races, Rally races, Nascar races, Indycar races if KY sama can get the licence, Touring car races from different parts of the planet ( first race of the R32 Skyline GTR at Bathurst, 85 race with Tom Walkinshaw & TWR XJS ).I would buy dlc from PD if they decide to do this.If Porsche is miraculously in, could drive some long tail 917s & short tail 917 Porkas.
 
Last edited:
*Individual cars
*Car packs
*Track packs.
*Engine performance parts
*Official upgrade packs for existing cars, ie John Cooper Work, Alpina, Cosworth
*Track editor. If only we could have a littlebigplanet style for sharing tracks
 
what about the option "nothing" ?

i want a full game for my money.
 
I am not willing to pay any extra once i have the purchased the game.
 
Car and track packs! Would prefer race cars and real tracks in the packs though!
 
Paying real money for neons and tinted windows

And who would pay for updates (ex Spec III, Spec IV) when GT5P gave updates for free?

Whats next?

Go down the EA sports path and ask for real money to buy powerups?
 
Honestly, just car packs and tracks.
 
I voted

Individual car
Tracks + variations
Official tuning parts
SE alloys
Livery/vynls
Overalls/ race suits
 
Cars and tracks are the only thing I expect to have to buy as DLC but maybe PD will surprise us with some of the stuff on this list and some things, hopefully not.*cough*rewind*cough*

I feel "specs" should be free.
 
There should really be an option in the poll for those of us unwilling to pay for DLC (I count 2 or 3 posters other than myself).

I think any and all DLC should be free.
 
After 5 years of development I cant see myself paying for any DLC for this game. After that much time it truly should have everything we want. This poll needs "none of the above"
 
good poll.

Car & track packs, extra features (not specifically in your list), updated versions.
 
I'm willing to pay a reasonable price for any work PD do after GT5's finished. I don't want to see cars and in screenshots before the games out only to find that they've been held back as paid for DLC. Any work PD do after GT5 is out they rightly deserve to be paid for, it's costing them money to make it but again, the prices have to be reasonable. I'm not going topay £5 for 1 track just because it's GT5. The best way to go about a pricing system is car and track packs, say 15 cars or 2-3 tracks for £5, that's reasonable in my opinion. I would also pay for a track editor shoul such a program become available, however i would need to be an editor capable of creating tracks I'm going to enjoy driving on, not bland sub-standard affairs that are boring. I wouldn't pay for new parts to upgrade the cars for or decal sets ect, costs to PD would be minimal to create and release such content and I would not pay for this type of content out of principal.

Spec versions of the game, if they do happen, I don't think will or should be charged for. They're basically GT5:P's equivelent of patches for PC games, if a spec update comes out and it comes with cars and a track, then that would be worthy of a charge, but then you run the risk of having some people not having the update bcause they can't/don't want to pay for it and then you have an imbalance of players all online with different versions of the game. I wouldn't want to see that, if spec updates are in some way part of GT5 they should be for behind the scenes work only, corecting bugs, tweaking the physics etc, not tied into chargable content.
 
To the general public, I think, it all depends how much GT5 cost.
Me personally? Ill buy what they offer, except rewind and the other cheesy stuff listed (the thought of paying for rewind made me up chuck my Mexican taco!)
 
Dave A, that was perfect. I wish I could go back and re-vote after reading that. +5:tup:
 
I'd be happy to buy certain new cars, but only those that I have a particular attachment to. (I certainly wouldnt buy all of them which become available.) Again with packs of multiple cars I would only buy if there was one car in the pack that I really wanted.

Track wise, if its a real life track I would buy for certain, fictional tracks would very much depend upon how the track looks.

Other than that, things like night versions of tracks I expect to be in the game already and would be angry if I had to pay extra for. further modifying parts, probably not, and neons and other chav rubbish like that, no chance!
 
I won't pay for DLC.

Simple
 
Last edited:
Extra performance parts, yes i think i would pay for that if there is loads of parts because new parts are made for new cars.I'll name some examples:

Weber carburettors
STACK (race dials etc)
Recaro
Brembo
PIAA
Hella
TWR performance tuning
Holley (carbs, fuel Injection & related parts)
AP Racing (clutches, brake systems etc)

Not everyone wants to use manufacturers performance parts.Although sometimes better than aftermarket parts.
In Juiced Hot Import Nights a huge variety of tuning parts are in, though not much to zero detail about it.
 
Back