DLC: What are you willing to pay for?

DLC: What are you willing to pay REAL MONEY for?

  • Individual cars

    Votes: 109 45.8%
  • Car packs

    Votes: 186 78.2%
  • Tracks (including variations)

    Votes: 131 55.0%
  • Track packs.

    Votes: 192 80.7%
  • Night time special stages of existing tracks

    Votes: 74 31.1%
  • Engine performance parts

    Votes: 54 22.7%
  • Official upgrade packs for existing cars, ie John Cooper Work, Alpina, Cosworth

    Votes: 73 30.7%
  • Personalised number / licence plates

    Votes: 22 9.2%
  • Neons / Tinted windows

    Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Special edition Alloy Wheels

    Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Liverys / Vinyls

    Votes: 40 16.8%
  • HUD dials (Need for speed style)

    Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Character clothing (ie overalls/helmets)

    Votes: 29 12.2%
  • Higher quality b-spec drivers

    Votes: 22 9.2%
  • Rewind.

    Votes: 6 2.5%
  • New specs of the game, ie Spec II, III etc.

    Votes: 89 37.4%
  • Track editor.

    Votes: 85 35.7%
  • Other that i missed

    Votes: 20 8.4%

  • Total voters
    238
I'm not sure if that is how they would do it. Keep in mind I know what you are talking about, as I've played games that did essentially the same thing (load random car body and copy over the stats), but I'm thinking that PD might actually have your PS3 download the car for the single race so everyone can see the DLC vehicle, and then delete it after the race is done (after asking if you want to buy it, of course). It would be more difficult to do it that way, but it would be more polished at the same time. It would also probably help spur sales of DLC if it was done that way.

I know people hat this, but Forza 2 had a good DLC system. For every car pack there would be a free one.This car would basically be the full download, but you had to buy the whole pack to use them. This made it so even if you didn't pay for the cars you could still see them while racing online.
 
That is just obnoxious, imo.

Care to explain?

It makes it so even if you don't buy the DLC you can at least see the cars while playing online.


Oh wait, if it's in Forza it's automatically something that would ruin GT5.:rolleyes:
 
I would only pay for new cars packs with a "theme". Having said that I would prefer all DLC is free, as you have already paid for the game, or better yet have a "premium verison" of the game that comes with all updates for $25 extra, that would make sense to me. Having said that when racing online and everyone having different cars and tracks and such could get confusing. Thats why I am still a fan off make it all free.
 
better yet have a "premium verison" of the game that comes with all updates for $25 extra, that would make sense to me.

According to Amar, thats what will happen. I think any new tracks will be free, it would suck to buy a track and be the only person you know that bought it.
 
Care to explain?

It makes it so even if you don't buy the DLC you can at least see the cars while playing online.
Perhaps I misunderstood you, but it sounds to me like the cars are always visible in, say, the car selection menu, but you have to pay to use them yourself.


Oh wait, if it's in Forza it's automatically something that would ruin GT5.:rolleyes:
When did I say that?
 
Well quite honestly, the medium shouldn't matter. What does matter is what you get. If the DLC contains something you'd expect in a sequel, PD sure is right to expect money for it.

If the DLC is something they could have taken 5 minutes and $0 to add to the game in the first place, they had better not expect money for it. Especially if it's on a disk and I have to drive to a store to get it.

I don't really have a problem paying for content, but when you're paying $60 for a game the extra content being made available is nothing but highway robbery. Essentially the extra content is a hidden cost for consumers....its kinda like buying a copy of Windows NT but later finding out you have to pay the cost for full functionality.
 
I would pay for cars/tracks as long as they found a way to implement them into single player.

For those who say they should be free, would you work for a week without getting paid?

This is a good question, but as I have said when you're paying $60 for a game why should gamers be forced to pay for extra content? It make no sense because the extra content merely become a hidden cost when you're paying for it.

Look at this, but why do you think Windows is the most pirated piece of software out there? The reason stem from the fact that Windows is being sold at an exorbitant price but later if you want fully functional OS then the consumer would have to pony up more money.

Now if games were being sold at a descent price to gamers in the range of say $25-35 then I wouldn't mind paying for extra content, but $60+paying for DLC is unfair to consumer.
 
Last edited:
Whatever it is it better be cheap gaddamit.

PS3 slim=299$
GT5 (approx)=59$
Logitech G25=150$

thats 500 bones just to play a game, then pay DLC, crazy, especially, the 50$ 30$ Hugo is willing to pay, 50$ for one circuit? thats Flight Simulator DLC prices, helll no.

I loled @ your "pain"!;)
Now imagine this:
PS3 slim=555$
GT5 (approx)=100$
Logitech G25=350$

That's a 1000$:nervous:approximately and then, multiply that by 3:scared:which is by how much is your(US) average pay higher than that of my country and say how do you feel about it now?
Unfortunately, I don't have to imagine that, it's how things are here in Croatia, we're basically paying everything double, while being payed 3 times less...oh joy...:(
 
I loled @ your "pain"!;)
Now imagine this:
PS3 slim=555$
GT5 (approx)=100$
Logitech G25=350$

That's a 1000$:nervous:approximately and then, multiply that by 3:scared:which is by how much is your(US) average pay higher than that of my country and say how do you feel about it now?
Unfortunately, I don't have to imagine that, it's how things are here in Croatia, we're basically paying everything double, while being payed 3 times less...oh joy...:(

Damn that sounds like my conutry El Salvador, but hey, if you meet a chick from Canada you can marry her and get cheaper prices on your PS3!:lol:

Then again, stuff is always fallling off trucks:wink:
 
Damn that sounds like my conutry El Salvador, but hey, if you meet a chick from Canada you can marry her and get cheaper prices on your PS3!:lol:

Then again, stuff is always fallling off trucks:wink:

Heh, I'll keep my eye out for those Canadian chicks then!;)
Those trucks never seem to pass by my house... :p
Anyhoo, I have a MOMO wheel, which I hope will work(or work at all by then!) normally with GT5, also I'm probably going to get a second hand PS3 and of course a shiny new GT5 box.:)
 
Back