DLC: What are you willing to pay for?

DLC: What are you willing to pay REAL MONEY for?

  • Individual cars

    Votes: 109 45.8%
  • Car packs

    Votes: 186 78.2%
  • Tracks (including variations)

    Votes: 131 55.0%
  • Track packs.

    Votes: 192 80.7%
  • Night time special stages of existing tracks

    Votes: 74 31.1%
  • Engine performance parts

    Votes: 54 22.7%
  • Official upgrade packs for existing cars, ie John Cooper Work, Alpina, Cosworth

    Votes: 73 30.7%
  • Personalised number / licence plates

    Votes: 22 9.2%
  • Neons / Tinted windows

    Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Special edition Alloy Wheels

    Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Liverys / Vinyls

    Votes: 40 16.8%
  • HUD dials (Need for speed style)

    Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Character clothing (ie overalls/helmets)

    Votes: 29 12.2%
  • Higher quality b-spec drivers

    Votes: 22 9.2%
  • Rewind.

    Votes: 6 2.5%
  • New specs of the game, ie Spec II, III etc.

    Votes: 89 37.4%
  • Track editor.

    Votes: 85 35.7%
  • Other that i missed

    Votes: 20 8.4%

  • Total voters
    238
You know, it's only realistic if the game wheel changes ratios from car to car.

That would be cool but i would fine with a ability choose.
 
Now that would definately be a feature i'd want eventually 👍. It would probably come under the same category as power steering, and 'city drive' steering at low speed. Unfortunately i would be very surprised if we see that on the PS3.

Yes it would be a great addition. One thing sims tend to lack are small deatails like this and the actual feel of the car through the wheel. Hopefully we will see these things eventually.
 
Thinking about the 1:1 steering animation, a mechanism could be installed and operates to stop the wheel turning ( varies from car to car ) when the steering wheel of the car you are driving is at full lock.Could make it so the steering wheel you hold can spin spinning freely & you could lock it in position when you don't use it, yet when you are driving cars with or without power steering you can feel the difference through the wheel.Maybe take ideas from arcade machines.With the steering sensitivity modes for city driving etc, there could be a short usb cable from the steering wheel base for connecting a joypad or maybe a small keyboard with flashing keys that you press ( that clamps to the side ) you then have more buttons.This then can be used, as extra in car buttons ( triangle = hazard lights, O = right signal/indicator, square = left signal/indicator, X = side, driving, headlight switch ).On the wheel, you could have buttons there for flashing passing lights, for spotlights, choosing sport/race modes & for turning off the traction control ( F430, Enzo is obvious for this ).
 
Last edited:
I picked some...but man it sure is tough parting with money for digital transactions. I have done it plenty....just ....not sure I like it.
 
I've given it some thought, and what I'd definitely pay for, is updates on cars.

Not just any cars, but Gran Turismo is often many years between releases, so as new seasons and licences come into effect, always having the latest cars (and also tracks) such as the JGTC for future seasons, and NASCAR and the like, would be fantastic. Perhaps something like an annual or seasonal update?

I would definitely pay, and pay well, for that.
 
what about the option "nothing" ?

i want a full game for my money.

Exactly, i dont want to have to pay for little things that could've been included in the game, or patched in for free.
 
I would pay for cars/tracks as long as they found a way to implement them into single player.

For those who say they should be free, would you work for a week without getting paid?
 
How do I know the OP isn't working for PD & wants to know what we'll pay extra for? This is an evil thread.
 
I wouldn't pay extra at all. Luckily, my parents are kind enough to buy me games, but if I was the one dropping $60 on a game, I would want my money's worth. The game should be complete at launch, and launching DLC for the sole purpose of squeezing money out of people just devalues what you already paid for.
 
If they made an Australian car pack, I'd pay big bucks, even if all the best Aussie cars were already in there.
 
How many of you think we should get at least 1 or 2 free DLC packs per year of waiting for the game?

Or a sort of compensation(35$ worth of dlc) for the soon to be defunct GT5P(in the sense that, if the real thing is out why would you play the articulate demo? online servers will go down probably so were left with an undesirable game.
 
For those who say they should be free, would you work for a week without getting paid?

If we pay for the game, it is not free. You must be kidding yourself if you think there isnt enough profit made from sales of GT5, and GT5p, to cover the cost of modelling a few cars and tracks.

$80 per game x 3-5 million copies= enough money for free DLC
 
RACE 1:

"I'm sorry, you don't have 'x' mappack for this race,
would you like to download now ($*.**) to race?"

"Transaction complete, download will finish in the time
it takes for you to miss race 1, enjoy your tracks."

RACE 2:

"Oh sorry, it looks like you don't have 'y' car pack for
this race, would you like to download now ($*.**) to race?"

"Transaction complete, download will finish in the time
it takes for you to miss race 2, enjoy your cars."

Can't wait for DLC, YAY!
 
I'd basically pay for anything, because it's PD we know anything they produce as DLC will be a worthy addition to the game, not some half assed money spinning feature that should have already been in the game (like Codemasters try and do for instance)
 
Personally I'm quite happy to pay for extra DLC. PD have to pay their bills and the more money PD rake in from sales of their games and DLC the more effort they can afford to spend to continue the development of Gran Turismo in the future. If they don't make money they won't develop new Gran Turismos in the future.

I hope they have a way of purchasing all DLC content for GT5 up front. I would pay up to £100 for GT5+all future DLC. After all I bought a PS3, G25 and Wheelstand Pro just to play GT5 - oh yes, and a subscription to gtplanet :) - so £100 is not that much really...
 
If we pay for the game, it is not free. You must be kidding yourself if you think there isnt enough profit made from sales of GT5, and GT5p, to cover the cost of modelling a few cars and tracks.

$80 per game x 3-5 million copies= enough money for free DLC

Not sure where you buy your games, but you are being overcharged. PD sees very little of that profit, plus they do have to pay their employees.
 
The retail price of PS3 games are £50-£55 or $82-$90 in Britain but shops do offer discounts depending where you look. It depends which country you live in as to how much the retail price is. I know that America is massively cheap for almost every conceivable product compared to Britain, retail price on PS3 games about $60 yes?
 
PS3 games cost $60. GT5 will cost more, at least there will be a version available that cost more than $60.

PD see little profit?! :lol: Again, you're kidding yourself. Kaz drives a Ford GT, enough said.
 
RACE 1:

"I'm sorry, you don't have 'x' mappack for this race,
would you like to download now ($*.**) to race?"

"Transaction complete, download will finish in the time
it takes for you to miss race 1, enjoy your tracks."

RACE 2:

"Oh sorry, it looks like you don't have 'y' car pack for
this race, would you like to download now ($*.**) to race?"

"Transaction complete, download will finish in the time
it takes for you to miss race 2, enjoy your cars."

Can't wait for DLC, YAY!
It doesn't really work like that. You wouldn't be able to join a race where you don't have the track, but joining a race where you don't have a car that someone else has isn't a problem. First off for a track you'd be pretty daft if you were always trying to enter races on tracks you don't have, that's pretty basic stuff to figure out. For the cars, what normally happens is whatever cars are in the race that you don't have are replaced with a generic substitute car that mimics the performance of the car they're using. So they might be in the Ferrari 999 but you don't have it so you see a generic car design instead.

The retail price of PS3 games are £50-£55 or $82-$90 in Britain but shops do offer discounts depending where you look. It depends which country you live in as to how much the retail price is. I know that America is massively cheap for almost every conceivable product compared to Britain, retail price on PS3 games about $60 yes?
the RRP is £40-£50 but if you spend more than £35 on a game that's not a special edition then the odds are that you're not looking around very hard. But I'm digressing, you're absolutely correct, prices vary a lot depending on where you're from and availability to deliver etc.
 
So they might be in the Ferrari 999 but you don't have it so you see a generic car design instead.
I'm not sure if that is how they would do it. Keep in mind I know what you are talking about, as I've played games that did essentially the same thing (load random car body and copy over the stats), but I'm thinking that PD might actually have your PS3 download the car for the single race so everyone can see the DLC vehicle, and then delete it after the race is done (after asking if you want to buy it, of course). It would be more difficult to do it that way, but it would be more polished at the same time. It would also probably help spur sales of DLC if it was done that way.

For those who say they should be free, would you work for a week without getting paid?
The depends entirely on the cars themselves that they started selling. Based on prior history, if PD starts releasing something like a "Skyline SuperPack," where the only thing they did was fiddle with the color choices and suspension settings; or a "Different Years of a Single Model" Pack, where the only changes was stuff like torque curves and gear ratios; that isn't a week of work. That is something that could be done in 10 minutes. And if (cynic hat completely on) they sell tracks that are in the game and the DLC just adds variations, that also barely counts (though it would be much more than the cars example due to needing new AI and whatnot).
Quite frankly, for me to be sold on the idea of car DLC for GT5, it would have to at the very least need to be a new 3D model; or a thorough reworking of an existing one (ie. Ferrari Enzo to FXX).
 
Last edited:
For me to buy download content, it would have to be pretty special. I would prefer race cars, old and new. Also real world tracks!
 
PS3 games cost $60. GT5 will cost more, at least there will be a version available that cost more than $60.

PD see little profit?! :lol: Again, you're kidding yourself. Kaz drives a Ford GT, enough said.
Not to mention that GT5P has already made GT5 profitable...
 
the RRP is £40-£50 but if you spend more than £35 on a game that's not a special edition then the odds are that you're not looking around very hard. But I'm digressing, you're absolutely correct, prices vary a lot depending on where you're from and availability to deliver etc.
The RRP in UK as quoted by Amazon is average £50-£55
 
I guess it depends where you look if you get the right price or not. You might be right but I was digressing either way because whatever it is your point was true.
 
I'll pay for tracks - I'd pay $50 for Monte Carlo if it doesn't make the cut and I'd pay $30 for Bathurst!
I'll pay for cars, would prefer they sell them individually as with 1000 cars already I might only want 2-3 of a 10 car pack.
I'll pay for Manufacturer's - I'd pay $50 for Porsche, maybe $10-20 for Holden or Australian Ford.
I'll also pay to unlock a car straight away as in NFS Shift. Although hopefully it's not as steep, the Veyron was $4.95 in NFS, that adds up if you want more than one car to avoid grinding.

I hope tracks and cars are incorperated into offline career modes via a spec update though, I don't race much online so I'd be peeved if they were only for arcade use and didn't earn you in game credits.
 
Only DLC for new car models. None of the typical "let's not put these cars in and have people pay for them" bullcrap.
 
Whatever it is it better be cheap gaddamit.

PS3 slim=299$
GT5 (approx)=59$
Logitech G25=150$

thats 500 bones just to play a game, then pay DLC, crazy, especially, the 50$ 30$ Hugo is willing to pay, 50$ for one circuit? thats Flight Simulator DLC prices, helll no.
 
I suppose the fact is for me I already had a PS3 and bought the wheel for GT5P and other games.

For the hours I will get out of GT5 an $80-100 price tag is an absolute bargain in terms of the value I will get out the game. Monte Carlo is just my favourite all time track and took a holiday there only 3 months ago so I the track holds a special fondness for me so to play it in GT5 detail would be worth the money. As an Australian Bathurst is in your blood so similarly especially if there's V8 supercars I would pay more for this track. Judging of EA games $10 a track is probably as high as it would go but hopefully less, either way unless it was an oval or something I'd probably buy it.
 
Back